Rowdie Robbie Watch 2024

Armageddon

jamboinglasgow
12 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Tell what's more baffling than the move

The amount of folk that fall over themselves to criticise Robbie for absolutely anything. 

He came in when the club was on its knees and romped a league with Rangers and Hibs in it which raised expectations too high. Some folk just refused to take to him, no matter what he did, even qualifying for Europe at the first chance. When he eventually left, we were in a great position (before the failed Cathro experience) and struggled massively until *checks notes* came back and got us back up and then back into Europe at the first chance again.

Yes the wheels came off at the end and it was time for him to go, yes the football became attritional (like most of Scottish football) but after his playing career and on a results basis, I wish him nothing but the best. 

I hope he's a massive success and gets a bigger job over there 

Robbie record with Hearts is really good. Until the wheels fell off last season he would have had us third or winning a Championship in every season he has been with us.

I think his style grated with others as things went on but he is not a bad manager as some seem to make out with him. There are some things I was dissapointed with him, particularly his attitude towards young players, but I have no malice towards him and wish him well.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• gorgierulesapply88

• Watt-Zeefuik

• kingantti1874

Robbie's a PHM, always look out for him and wish him the best. 

We're in a better place now. United we stand, divided we fall.

glynnlondon
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Hes not going to be living in Kissimmee and going to Disney land

Sarasota, Bradenton, Anna Maria  and most of the places on the gulf coast are absolutely stunning. Perfect weather. Perfect beaches, Great food, great amenities. 

Would leave Scotland in an instant to live there.  Dreary shitehole that it is. Like purgatory.  🤣

🤔 A job with the scottish tourist board awaits yo you sir.

46 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

actually.  That is very misleading. 

1 (Louisiana) is the WORST state to live which puts Florida as 9th best state to live.  

I was going to say, my favourite states are New England and New Hampshire so was very confused when they were so low.

Who puts worst as 1st 🤣

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2023/07/14/these-are-americas-10-worst-states-to-live-and-work-in.html

Yeh it's very confusing. I'm lost with it myself now. I was going to post a news article but no idea of the US press bias so though that was maybe more neutral 😂

stevie1874

Wish him well and as lots have people have said a lovely place to work for a few years. Probably see him back in a job in Scotland in a few years, just hopefully not back at Hearts. Surprised none of the media have mentioned his name with the Aberdeen job. 

AlphonseCapone
5 hours ago, red said:

Great life move imo  

We can say the standard is poor but ask any England fan who comes up here and watched a few games there opinion on the standard..

for me he has 2-3 years in USA, if it works he stays on an improved contract and has a brilliant life/career there. 

if it doesn’t he comes home and takes over any team in the SPL outwith the top 3…….

win win for him 

I really like Robbie and hope it works out for him. (I’m glad he no longer manages us) 

Tbf, most English folk I've spoken to that actually bother to watch Scottish football enjoy it and don't think it's as bad as made out. The ones that slaver on about it being poor usually haven't watched a game in their puff.

On Robbie, hold no grudges, wish him well and can completely understand the lifestyle change, it's a brilliant benefit that football gives you that many industries don't.

Jim_Duncan
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Robbie's a PHM, always look out for him and wish him the best. 

We're in a better place now. United we stand, divided we fall.

Spot on. He may not have got everything right, but he never seemed to give less than 100% as player and manager. Always welcome at Tynie.

boag1874
44 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Robbie record with Hearts is really good. Until the wheels fell off last season he would have had us third or winning a Championship in every season he has been with us.

I think his style grated with others as things went on but he is not a bad manager as some seem to make out with him. There are some things I was dissapointed with him, particularly his attitude towards young players, but I have no malice towards him and wish him well.

Aye that sums everything up. I think that he's a good tactician and knows how to set a team up to win games but where he lets himself down is his man management skills. Billy King, Ozturk, Cochrane, Devlin are just some examples of established players that he's allegedly clashed with and subsequently frozen out. 

Naismith proving to be a better manager but I'd say Robbie walked so his team could run

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, glynnlondon said:

🤔 A job with the scottish tourist board awaits yo you sir.

im not a fan.

Where has his hair gone?

Good luck to Robbie.  I always thought he did a very decent job at Hearts.

Screenshot 2024-03-15 120822.png

Watt-Zeefuik
8 hours ago, Herbert. said:

Not really, No one wanted him apart from them. He peaked with us.

Probably getting paid nearly as much as he did with us, and he gets to live in Tampa Bay. Phenomenal weather although you have to live with Florida politics which are totally messed with DeSantis at the moment. St. Pete's is an astonishingly lovely and laid back little city and the stadium is just down the road from the Dali museum.

3 hours ago, Oda be a JT said:

I think the “money spinner’ comment did it for some fans - not me, I liked him and appreciated what he done, however it was 100% correct he left when he did.

Good luck to him and his family.

I totally get why it grated on people but I think folk forget how absolutely strapped for cash we had been. We were scraping pennies together to fix the derelict infrastructure left behind by Vlad and keep the old main stand in functional order. It was a stupid comment and he shouldn't have said it but cash was very much on the minds of everyone at the club and he wasn't wrong from a financial standpoint for the club. (Bolding the bit because invariably someone will miss it and have a go at me.)

Also agreed that it was his time to go.

hereford_hearts
4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Sarasota, Bradenton, Anna Maria  and most of the places on the gulf coast are absolutely stunning. Perfect weather. Perfect beaches, Great food, great amenities. 

Would leave Scotland in an instant to live there.  Dreary shitehole that it is. Like purgatory.  🤣

I owned a villa in Kissimmee for 5 years. Did the Disney stuff for the kids the first couple of times we went, but after that travelled all over florida. 

Kissimmee is mainly populated by Hispanics. Sometimes you couldn't find an English speaking assistant in the local Walmart. I found them to be a warm and funny bunch of people. 

I once saw a shack in the middle of a field with guys drinking beer outside it. I pulled up and walked over. It was an illegal bar. No one spoke English, but I got a beer and watched some south American football on a proper old tube TV. 

I suppose I felt different, and never considered myself a tourist, so fitted in better. 

Unfortunately, I had to sell on 2020 due to separating from the ex, but if I ever got enough cash together, I'd be back over there like a shot! 

15 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I'd Prefer the title of -

Bob's Bay -watch..

Surely the Phoodle watch?

:peek_by_Andrin:

Best of luck to him!

Edited by D4nny_

Go for it 1308
6 hours ago, hereford_hearts said:

I owned a villa in Kissimmee for 5 years. Did the Disney stuff for the kids the first couple of times we went, but after that travelled all over florida. 

Kissimmee is mainly populated by Hispanics. Sometimes you couldn't find an English speaking assistant in the local Walmart. I found them to be a warm and funny bunch of people. 

I once saw a shack in the middle of a field with guys drinking beer outside it. I pulled up and walked over. It was an illegal bar. No one spoke English, but I got a beer and watched some south American football on a proper old tube TV. 

I suppose I felt different, and never considered myself a tourist, so fitted in better. 

Unfortunately, I had to sell on 2020 due to separating from the ex, but if I ever got enough cash together, I'd be back over there like a shot! 

Best post in ages👌 

frasermck11
12 hours ago, Daveandal said:

Good luck to him. Won a league title ahead of Rangers, got us out the poop twice.

His record in the top flight, despite the nonsense on here, was remarkable as well.

We are kicking on post Robbie, maybe he'll do the same post Hearts.

Spot on. Didn’t work out last season but one of the best hearts managers statistically. People forget 21/22 was a great season under his stewardship. Was far more than a one season wonder in 14/15. 

1971fozzy
16 hours ago, FJT said:

Hope he enjoys life over there and it works out well for him :flag1:

This

skacel103
13 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Agree think he was let down in the Jan transfer window. Give us vargas and kent last season instead of folk like kuol he'd still be our manager. 

gregzy2k7

Good luck to him I say,

Done a decent job at us overall,

But the time was right for him to go, as has been proven this season.

Onwards and upwards.

tian447
19 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

suspect it’s a life move rather than a career move.  If he does well there is possibly a route into the MLS.

I love to leave Scotland again so get the logic 

The grass isn't always greener. 

I cannot wait to move back to Scotland! 

AC Mallin_51

No bad feelings towards Robbie whatsoever. There were some very turbulent times during his stints as manager but I personally feel the good things he achieved outweigh those bad times. 2 semi final wins v hibs, 2 championship titles, never lost to hibs in his second spell, took us to European group stage football. Always gave 100% as a player aswell

Bungalow Bill

The story I got from a pretty reliable source was he well and truly lost the dressing room due to him not dealing with Snodgrass. Snodgrass was seriously disliked and having a negative impact on players. It took Craig Gordon going to AB and AMcK and telling them ‘this guy needs to go’ ie Snodgrass. Robbie was finished after that, completely lost the dressing room. 

gorgierulesapply88

Cost us 3rd, some horrific results as manager.

An embarrassment.

Hope they get skudded.

On 15/03/2024 at 09:02, FJT said:

Hope he enjoys life over there and it works out well for him :flag1:

Definitely. 

24 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

An embarrassment.

Hope they get skudded.

Behave.

colinmaroon
22 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Having a friend over there, I regularly visited and I echo your thoughts on moving there.  In an instant!

Jackson ville is a city with some awful bits but to live as he does in the "suburbs", nearest neighbour 1/2 mile, with a massive "yard" (garden), and jump in the car and you have so much space, keep out of the city at rush hour, no real traffic problems.  Lifestyle so relaxed, even when busy.  Not at all what you might imagine of the US.

Daveandal
39 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

An embarrassment.

Hope they get skudded.

You must have hated every manager since 1874.

Jim_Duncan
40 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

An embarrassment.

Hope they get skudded.

Just how many times did he pump your missus?

Howdy Doody Jambo
44 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

An embarrassment.

Hope they get skudded.

What about the tackle 2006 cup final 

King Of The Cat Cafe
2 hours ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

No bad feelings towards Robbie whatsoever. There were some very turbulent times during his stints as manager but I personally feel the good things he achieved outweigh those bad times. 2 semi final wins v hibs, 2 championship titles, never lost to hibs in his second spell, took us to European group stage football. Always gave 100% as a player aswell

I'll second that.

13 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

An embarrassment.

Hope they get skudded.

Get a life

On 15/03/2024 at 07:41, Bunny Munro said:

Such a strange career move. 

He had a bigger transfer budget in summer of 22 than probably any manager in our history and he failed spectacularly. 

Just hasn't got what it takes I'm afraid. His in game management is abysmal. 

Watt-Zeefuik
14 hours ago, Bungalow Bill said:

The story I got from a pretty reliable source was he well and truly lost the dressing room due to him not dealing with Snodgrass. Snodgrass was seriously disliked and having a negative impact on players. It took Craig Gordon going to AB and AMcK and telling them ‘this guy needs to go’ ie Snodgrass. Robbie was finished after that, completely lost the dressing room. 

I know less than nothing from the inside but this is certainly what it looked like on the outside. From the comments he made later, it certainly seemed like Elbows was telling Robbie to let the players sort it out, which was horrific advice as is clear in retrospect.

Once you lose the dressing room like that there's no going back. Some absolutely outstanding memories under him and I remain a fan but it was emphatically time for him to go.

tian447
15 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

An embarrassment.

Hope they get skudded.

:rofl:

Read the comment, then noticed the poster. 

Chronic. 

Bongo 1874
19 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Just blew a 2 zip lead with 6 minutes to go.

Back to the back 3 pish too.

been here before
16 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

An embarrassment.

Hope they get skudded.

"Horrific" :rofl:

This really has taken off amongst the messageboard drama queens as the go too adjective for something that was once best described as shite.

No surprise to see it coming from this particularly horrific poster.

Tommy Brown
On 15/03/2024 at 12:22, frankblack said:

I take it Elbows didn't join him? Can't see his coaching style working over there....

The yanks would have loved his teeth.

Possible TV career as long as he doesn't have to speak.

Tommy Brown
On 16/03/2024 at 04:01, tian447 said:

The grass isn't always greener. 

I cannot wait to move back to Scotland! 

A bit of a difference between Norn Ireland and Florida though :lol:

tian447
5 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

A bit of a difference between Norn Ireland and Florida though :lol:

True. 

We don't have to put up with "Florida Man" :lol:

frankblack
6 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

The yanks would have loved his teeth.

Possible TV career as long as he doesn't have to speak.

Would he qualify for a visa as an English speaker? 🤔

been here before
1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

I watched the second half. 

The standard is horrific

:rofl:

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Just blew a 2 zip lead with 6 minutes to go.

Is there a money spinning replay?

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
On 15/03/2024 at 07:56, Bazzas right boot said:

I'd Prefer the title of -

Bob's Bay -watch..

On 15/03/2024 at 07:16, Armageddon said:

😂 Aye so it is 🤦🏻‍♂️

Go Boabies!

I'd suggest Bay-watch Boabies, but i suppose it would give the wrong message.