Rowdie Robbie Watch 2024

Armageddon

Armageddon

Season opener on Monday 16th March 2024.

Tampa Bay Rowdies vs San Antonio FC.

Β 

Go Rowdies! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Β 

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• gorgierulesapply88

• Watt-Zeefuik

• kingantti1874

been here before
4 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Season opener on Monday 16th March 2024.

Tampa Bay Rowdies vs San Antonio FC.

Β 

Go Rowdies! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Β 

Β 

16th March is Saturday.

Shanks said no

Its Saturday at 2330 UK time

Β 

Being played atΒ Al Lang Stadium. A 7,500-seat sports stadium along the waterfront of downtown St. Petersburg, Florida, United States which was used almost exclusively as a baseball park for over 60 years. Since 2011, it has been the home pitch of the Tampa Bay Rowdies of the USL Championship soccer league. (wiki)

Β 

Photo

Edited by Shanks said no

Armageddon
8 hours ago, been here before said:

Β 

16th March is Saturday.

πŸ˜‚ Aye so it is πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

Β 

Go Boabies!

Herbert.
9 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Such a strange career move.Β 

Β 

Not really, No one wanted him apart from them. He peaked with us.

Bazzas right boot

I'd Prefer the title of -

Bob's Bay -watch..

kingantti1874
21 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

suspect it’s a life move rather than a career move. Β If he does well there is possibly a route into the MLS.

Β 

I love to leave Scotland again so get the logicΒ 

briever
35 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Always does better in Division 2.

Jack Torrance
32 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I'd Prefer the title of -

Bob's Bay -watch..

So is he now The Boff?

RustyRightPeg
54 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Β 

It's a safe career move...but an excellent lifestyle move. Sun all year round, big golf man, plenty courses there, extended off-season over there too. A lot to love.

Β 

Notice he has Nicky Law as his assistant gaffer.Β 

32 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

suspect it’s a life move rather than a career move. Β If he does well there is possibly a route into the MLS.

Β 

I love to leave Scotland again so get the logicΒ 

Β 

You're probably right, although I thought Robbie was a more ambitious type than deciding to join a poxy wee team like Tampa Bay Rowdies in the NASL.Β 

hughesie27

Are their fans not known as The FΒ  Β ann iesΒ 

?

Edited by hughesie27

1 hour ago, Bunny Munro said:

Great life move imo Β 

Β 

We can say the standard is poor but ask any England fan who comes up here and watched a few games there opinion on the standard..

Β 

for me he has 2-3 years in USA, if it works he stays on an improved contract and has a brilliant life/career there.Β 
Β 

if it doesn’t he comes home and takes over any team in the SPL outwith the top 3…….

Β 

win win for himΒ 

Β 

I really like Robbie and hope it works out for him. (I’m glad he no longer manages us)Β 

boag1874
1 hour ago, Bunny Munro said:

Meh, probably still earning decent money and will get to live a good life over in the States for a wee while, can't blame the guy

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Β 

It's a safe career move...but an excellent lifestyle move. Sun all year round, big golf man, plenty courses there, extended off-season over there too. A lot to love.

Β 

Notice he has Nicky Law as his assistant gaffer.Β 

Would say as a lifestyle move, brilliant.Β 

Β 

One of the quieter parts of Florida, might have to dodge a few tropical storms, an offer I would have found very hard to refuse regardless of cash (within reason).

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 hours ago, Shanks said no said:

Its Saturday at 2330 UK time

Β 

Being played atΒ Al Lang Stadium. A 7,500-seat sports stadium along the waterfront of downtown St. Petersburg, Florida, United States which was used almost exclusively as a baseball park for over 60 years. Since 2011, it has been the home pitch of the Tampa Bay Rowdies of the USL Championship soccer league. (wiki)

Β 

Photo

He might want to get them seats changed out

My memory of Florida must be faltering. Great lifestyle move? From memory it's a horrid place.

Shooter McGavin

Don't blame him for the move.

Β 

Better lifestyle for him and his family, no doubt earning a decent wedge, and doesn't have to deal with the Scottish sports media on a daily basis. Wish him all the best.

Went to Tampa game a 3-4 year ago. They actually have decent fans, their β€˜ultra section’ was more like European fans than β€˜US soccer fans’ if that makes sense. Stadium in a lovely part of St.Petersburg. Not the best of stadiums, especially when the rain comes.

Was only $5 a bottle of beer in stadium compared to $10 a bottle in baseball stadium just up the road.

Β 

Good luck to Robbie.

JimmyCant

Rowdies ? They’ll be fecking Rowdies alright after 2 weeks of the eye bleeding soccer they are about to get served up.

Β 

Just jokin. Good luck Bob πŸ˜œπŸ‘πŸ˜†

I spent three months in Tampa, 1999 / 2000. Not a great place, if I'm honest, apart from the weather!

Β 

But best of luck to Robbie!

Armageddon
4 hours ago, Bungalow Bill said:

The standard will be dreadful.Β 

Β 

Did you also post this when he was announced for the second coming?Β Β πŸ˜„

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

My memory of Florida must be faltering. Great lifestyle move? From memory it's a horrid place.

Hes not going to be living in Kissimmee and going to Disney land

Β 

Sarasota, Bradenton, Anna Maria Β and most of the places on the gulf coast are absolutely stunning. Perfect weather. Perfect beaches, Great food, great amenities.Β 
Β 

Would leave Scotland in an instant to live there.  Dreary shitehole that it is. Like purgatory.  🀣

Edited by kingantti1874

OmiyaHearts

Good luck to him. Probably fancied a break from working in uk, and who can blame him. Hope it works out well and he get a good move on the back of it.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Β 

He's not visiting the theme parks in a resort world hotel though is he?

Β 

He's probably being put up in a nice gaff in Tampa, which is over an hour down the road from Florida.Β 

Β 

It's also got a really low state tax so he'll be making a fortune in all likelihood.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Β 

Β 

He's probably being put up in a nice gaff in Tampa, which is over an hour down the road from Florida.Β 

Β 

It's also got a really low state tax so he'll be making a fortune in all likelihood.

you mean down the road from Orlando.

frankblack

I take it Elbows didn't join him? Can't see his coaching style working over there....

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

you mean down the road from Orlando.

Β 

Aye.Β 

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Hes not going to be living in Kissimmee and going to Disney land

Β 

Sarasota, Bradenton, Anna Maria Β and most of the places on the gulf coast are absolutely stunning. Perfect weather. Perfect beaches, Great food, great amenities.Β 
Β 

Would leave Scotland in an instant to live there.  Dreary shitehole that it is. Like purgatory.  🀣

Β 

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Who said anything about resorts? Quite the jump πŸ˜‚

Β 

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/worst-states-to-live-in

Β 

Sounds like it's still pretty guff.

Jim_Duncan
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

I was there last year. Loved it. Didn’t go anywhere near Disney. Great food, lovely weather and friendly people.Β 

Just now, Bungalow Bill said:

I’m sure I read that the UK would be the poorest state (or 2nd poorest) in the US if London was removed.Β 

Β 

Could well be...though I'm sure if you remove the wealthiest city from each state it would skew that further.

Β 

Horses for courses though, Florida wasn't for me...and it seems ranks poorly as a place to live. Others love it, hopefully Robbie is one of them πŸ‘

Dia Liom

Hope he does well and enjoys it!

Β 

Will always be grateful for the fist championship winning season, one of my favourite ever seasons.

jambo19
5 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

Career move or lifestyle move? Makes sense from his families perspective and remains as a manager. He'd have to step down a division here or do a Jack Ross and step down to a coach somewhere else down South.

AlimOzturk

Robbie ain’t living in Florida slums πŸ˜‚Β 

Β 

Probably getting paid a very good wage with excellent benefits. Proper career opportunities down there I would imagine for someone with his CV.Β 

Thunder and Lightning
3 hours ago, red said:

Great life move imo Β 

Β 

We can say the standard is poor but ask any England fan who comes up here and watched a few games there opinion on the standard..

Β 

for me he has 2-3 years in USA, if it works he stays on an improved contract and has a brilliant life/career there.Β 
Β 

if it doesn’t he comes home and takes over any team in the SPL outwith the top 3…….

Β 

win win for himΒ 

Β 

I really like Robbie and hope it works out for him. (I’m glad he no longer manages us)Β 

Β 

If it doesn't work out in the American pub league he walks into a job in the SPL?

Β 

Can't see it.

Β 

Best of luck to him, was happy he was moved on but i think he tried his best for us but was found wanting.Β  Hope it works out for him over there.

Daveandal

Good luck to him. Won a league title ahead of Rangers, got us out the poop twice.

Β 

His record in the top flight, despite the nonsense on here, was remarkable as well.

Β 

We are kicking on post Robbie, maybe he'll do the same post Hearts.

kingantti1874
40 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Like most places depends on whether you have money or not.
Β 

I mean - it’s not worse that north Lanarkshire that’s for sure.equal chances of being shot as well 🀣

Β 

Being serious. There is a lot of poverty and a lot of dodgy bits. Β Lots of cracking spots as well
Β 

Β 

Edited by kingantti1874

kingantti1874
43 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

actually. Β That is very misleading.Β 
Β 

1 (Louisiana) is the WORST state to live which puts Florida as 9th best state to live. Β 
Β 

I was going to say, my favourite states are New England and New Hampshire so was very confused when they were so low.

Β 

Who puts worst as 1st 🀣

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

actually. Β That is very misleading.Β 
Β 

1 (Louisiana) is the WORST state to live which puts Florida as 9th best state to live. Β 
Β 

I was going to say, my favourite states are New England and New Hampshire so was very confused when they were so low.

Β 

Who puts worst as 1st 🀣

New England isn't a State...but I get your drift. πŸ˜„

Luckies1874

Brilliant lifestyle move for him andΒ his family and will be on a decent package so nothing at all wrong with prioritising them. Football wise it will not be a good standard but he excels at Championship level so good chance his team do well. If they want to come back to Scotland in a year or two then he’ll probably take over from Craigie boy at St Johnstone.Β 

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

New England isn't a State...but I get your drift. πŸ˜„

Β Neither wonder I can never count them properly 🀣 and makes that MI even worse as they put it in amongst the states . Β Consider myself educated πŸ‘πŸ»

Edited by kingantti1874

Tell what's more baffling than the move

Β 

The amount of folk that fall over themselves to criticise Robbie for absolutely anything.Β 

He came in when the club was on its knees and romped a league with Rangers and Hibs in it which raised expectations too high. Some folk just refused to take to him, no matter what he did, even qualifying for Europe at the first chance. When he eventually left, we were in a great position (before the failed Cathro experience) and struggled massively until *checks notes* came back and got us back up and then back into Europe at the first chance again.

Β 

Yes the wheels came off at the end and it was time for him to go, yes the football became attritional (like most of Scottish football) but after his playing career and on a results basis, I wish him nothing but the best.Β 

Β 

I hope he's a massive success and gets a bigger job over thereΒ 

Oda be a JT
7 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Tell what's more baffling than the move

Β 

The amount of folk that fall over themselves to criticise Robbie for absolutely anything.Β 

He came in when the club was on its knees and romped a league with Rangers and Hibs in it which raised expectations too high. Some folk just refused to take to him, no matter what he did, even qualifying for Europe at the first chance. When he eventually left, we were in a great position (before the failed Cathro experience) and struggled massively until *checks notes* came back and got us back up and then back into Europe at the first chance again.

Β 

Yes the wheels came off at the end and it was time for him to go, yes the football became attritional (like most of Scottish football) but after his playing career and on a results basis, I wish him nothing but the best.Β 

Β 

I hope he's a massive success and gets a bigger job over thereΒ 

I think the β€œmoney spinner’ comment did it for some fans - not me, I liked him and appreciated what he done, however it was 100% correct he left when he did.

Β 

Good luck to him and his family.