Rowdie Robbie Watch 2024

Armageddon

AlphonseCapone
On 15/03/2024 at 17:13, hereford_hearts said:

I owned a villa in Kissimmee for 5 years. Did the Disney stuff for the kids the first couple of times we went, but after that travelled all over florida. 

Kissimmee is mainly populated by Hispanics. Sometimes you couldn't find an English speaking assistant in the local Walmart. I found them to be a warm and funny bunch of people. 

I once saw a shack in the middle of a field with guys drinking beer outside it. I pulled up and walked over. It was an illegal bar. No one spoke English, but I got a beer and watched some south American football on a proper old tube TV. 

I suppose I felt different, and never considered myself a tourist, so fitted in better. 

Unfortunately, I had to sell on 2020 due to separating from the ex, but if I ever got enough cash together, I'd be back over there like a shot! 

That obviously turned out brilliant for you but there is no chance I'd be approach a random shed of folk drinking in a field here, never mind in the USA 😂

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• gorgierulesapply88

• Watt-Zeefuik

• kingantti1874

3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

That obviously turned out brilliant for you but there is no chance I'd be approach a random shed of folk drinking in a field here, never mind in the USA 😂

:laugh2:

Tommy Brown
5 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Strange bunch of guys, drinking in a home made bar in a field, watching football on an old tube TV.

Was this Fauldhouse?

jamboozy
18 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

:lol: A certain scene from ‘Deliverance’ springs to mind.😖

Jim_Duncan
12 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Strange bunch of guys, drinking in a home made bar in a field, watching football on an old tube TV.

Was this Fauldhouse?

Easter Road hospitality lounge. 

colinmorewasgash

2 nil up threw it away went defensive poor bob some things never change lol.  

Maybe a moneyspinner for next game. I'm joking wish him all best did really well in his 2 spells with us, was really unlucky we didn't win cup in covid season v tims, 2016 v hubz even though we had injuries during game and brora were his low points.

gorgierulesapply88

Throwing a 2 goal lead where have we seen that before...

He's from the school of levein, an imposter.

Jim_Duncan
1 hour ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

:calmdown:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The silence when San Antonio score and the shock in the commentators tone, the carpet was looking good though, sadly no shots of Boabs carpet or any quotes

Smithian

I know it is really easy to take the piss out of a USL football club and the name "Rowdies" does invite mockery, but I still think this is a good move for Robbie. He has guided three Scottish teams out of the Championship, so he has nothing to prove dropping a level in Scotland.

My guess is his choice was USL or a low level club in England. Like fourth or fifth tier. Quality of USL may be rubbish, but there are heck of a lot worse lives than living in Tampa, and his upcoming road matches are in fun towns like Raleigh, Miami, and Pittsburgh before a swing through California. USL has a bit of a minor league baseball feel, but the supporters are fun and probably more friendly than anything he'd encounter in the lower levels of English or Scottish football.

If he actually does a job and wins some matches, he may just find himself in contention for an MLS club. 

If you're in the USA, take a look at attending a USL matches. MLS prices are eye watering, but USL clubs have cheaper tickets and almost every club has great hospitality packages. There is not going to be an USL venue that isn't a great day for the family, especially if you have young ones.

HopeDiouf
2 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Tynecastle, 7th Oct 2023.  Robbie was not the manager however.

Ray Gin

According to Hearts TV, we currently sit on fewer points at the same point of the season than we did in Robbie's first season in the Premiership.

Presumably this qualifies Naismith as an imposter from the School of Levein.

SpruceBringsteen
56 minutes ago, Smithian said:

If you're in the USA, take a look at attending a USL matches. MLS prices are eye watering, but USL clubs have cheaper tickets and almost every club has great hospitality packages. There is not going to be an USL venue that isn't a great day for the family, especially if you have young ones.

Can vouch for Hartford being great fun. Go to games with a fellow jambo economic refugee, and yeah the standard is Scottish league Two, but you're in the sun with a few bevvies and carefree about the result. Very much looking forward to Robbie bringing his boys up the road.

Watt-Zeefuik
4 hours ago, Smithian said:

I know it is really easy to take the piss out of a USL football club and the name "Rowdies" does invite mockery, but I still think this is a good move for Robbie. He has guided three Scottish teams out of the Championship, so he has nothing to prove dropping a level in Scotland.

My guess is his choice was USL or a low level club in England. Like fourth or fifth tier. Quality of USL may be rubbish, but there are heck of a lot worse lives than living in Tampa, and his upcoming road matches are in fun towns like Raleigh, Miami, and Pittsburgh before a swing through California. USL has a bit of a minor league baseball feel, but the supporters are fun and probably more friendly than anything he'd encounter in the lower levels of English or Scottish football.

If he actually does a job and wins some matches, he may just find himself in contention for an MLS club. 

The "North Carolina FC" (ugh I still hate that name) game takes place in Cary, a large suburb of Raleigh. Cary will give him fond memories of Milton Keynes in terms of dynamic culture.

Hope he comes over to Durham for a pint when he's up, though.

As you say, USL is a fun as a low-cost, low-hassle way to take your kid to a professional soccer match. The quality is slowly inching up but in some ways it's a shame because the old attempt to revive NASL actually had some good players and good clubs, but the US sports media basically put a blockade on it and never covered it at the level that they should have, so MLS basically ate the bigger clubs and the rest regressed.

He'll have a nice life for a few years here and I imagine his goal is to move to an MLS club at some point where the money is actually finally starting to be decent beyond the "designated players" like Beckham and Messi.  If Charlotte FC hired him I might be forced to actually start following them.

gorgierulesapply88
5 hours ago, HopeDiouf said:

Tynecastle, 7th Oct 2023.  Robbie was not the manager however.

That's not when they guffys from Leith won the cup 👀

DarthVodka
On 15/03/2024 at 13:12, kingantti1874 said:

actually.  That is very misleading. 

1 (Louisiana) is the WORST state to live which puts Florida as 9th best state to live.  

I was going to say, my favourite states are New England and New Hampshire so was very confused when they were so low.

Who puts worst as 1st 🤣

It took me a few minutes to work that out too….confused at a poll that had Louisiana at top place to live in the US!

we holiday in Naples FL and it’s delightful, apart from the hurricanes 

Benny Klack
19 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

He had his faults but he wasn’t an imposter at all - this is a very poor take. 

1971fozzy
11 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

That's not when they guffys from Leith won the cup 👀

Was that the final they played Rangers ?

gorgierulesapply88
5 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Not sure but something about a money spinning replay?

Pasquale for King
21 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Can vouch for Hartford being great fun. Go to games with a fellow jambo economic refugee, and yeah the standard is Scottish league Two, but you're in the sun with a few bevvies and carefree about the result. Very much looking forward to Robbie bringing his boys up the road.

I hope you give him the same welcome you did as when he was the manager 😜
Hope you and Michelle are well. 

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Yes 2016

SpruceBringsteen
On 19/03/2024 at 09:34, Pasquale for King said:

I hope you give him the same welcome you did as when he was the manager 😜
Hope you and Michelle are well. 

Answer to both is "of course" 😎

colinmaroon
On 19/03/2024 at 13:29, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Not sure but something about a money spinning replay?

v Hibs after throwing away a two goal lead and having to go to Easter Road for the replay,  which of course, we lost in a right feeble manner. 

mud and mullets

I've been reading up on the old NASL league in the 70s/80s and the Tampa Bay Rowdies were one of the top teams with Rodney Marsh as their big star. It looks like the current Tampa Bay is a phoenix club after the original club folded. 

There were a crazy number of top players not far off their peak in the NASL who just fancied some football and razzmatazz in the sun for big money in front of massive crowds. There's a decent book about it called "Rock 'n' Roll Soccer" and one about NY Cosmos in the Pele days. I think the players who went over back then genuinely thought they were being pioneers helping to build up football in the US whereas Messi and co at Inter Miami are really just show ponies in today's MLS. 

Be interesting to see if Tampa try to get back in the MLS which could be an opportunity for Robbie.

Peakybunnet
On 18/03/2024 at 16:02, Ray Gin said:

According to Hearts TV, we currently sit on fewer points at the same point of the season than we did in Robbie's first season in the Premiership.

Presumably this qualifies Naismith as an imposter from the School of Levein.

No Huns that season as Robbie kept them down. 😃

soonbe110
4 hours ago, Peakybunnet said:

We haven’t taken any points from them this season so beating 65 points excluding anything from Rangers is the bar. 

Daveandal
6 hours ago, Peakybunnet said:

Winning through at Ibrox first game of the season...... yet some still think he never beat them. 🙄

Daveandal
6 hours ago, mud and mullets said:

I've been reading up on the old NASL league in the 70s/80s and the Tampa Bay Rowdies were one of the top teams with Rodney Marsh as their big star. It looks like the current Tampa Bay is a phoenix club after the original club folded. 

There were a crazy number of top players not far off their peak in the NASL who just fancied some football and razzmatazz in the sun for big money in front of massive crowds. There's a decent book about it called "Rock 'n' Roll Soccer" and one about NY Cosmos in the Pele days. I think the players who went over back then genuinely thought they were being pioneers helping to build up football in the US whereas Messi and co at Inter Miami are really just show ponies in today's MLS. 

Be interesting to see if Tampa try to get back in the MLS which could be an opportunity for Robbie.

I think its more likely if he does well with them... he could get a big job in the MLS. Great opertunity for him. Interesting to see how it pans out.

Armageddon
On 18/03/2024 at 12:59, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Watch, your mask’s slipping again 😂

gorgierulesapply88

Their fans aren't happy already 🤣🤣🤣 

He's truly hopeless.

1-1 draw, the goal was an OG from about 14 yards out.

Edited by gorgierulesapply88

gorgierulesapply88
On 22/03/2024 at 19:50, Armageddon said:

Watch, your mask’s slipping again 😂

What mask? I'm known by many on here, I can assure you I'm not a fan of what you think...

Rick Sanchez

First 45 secs they don't look like they're adapting that well to the passing about the back :laugh:

queensferryjambo
On 18/03/2024 at 12:59, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Alex MacDonald vs Hibs Tynecastle Park April 1985?

Jim Jefferies vs Hibs Tynecastle Park January 1998?

Steven Naismith vs Hibs Tynecatle Park October 2023?

It happens, isn't it time to move on?

pettigrewsstylist

Turned off at "on the way for half number 2". 

🙉

King prawn
1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

First 45 secs they don't look like they're adapting that well to the passing about the back :laugh:

Deary me :lol: 

3 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Their fans aren't happy already 🤣🤣🤣 

He's truly hopeless.

1-1 draw, the goal was an OG from about 14 yards out.

Its away from home! :D 

Robbie doesn't do away games. 

gorgierulesapply88

Negative Neilson hasn't changed, hopefully gets the sack soon.

SwindonJambo
3 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Why? What's it got to do with Hearts?

Jim_Duncan
12 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

:rofl:

Oda be a JT

An ex manager/player, who frankly done very well with us but even still now folk are looking to stick the knife in….get a grip ffs 🤦‍♂️ 

hmfc_liam06
5 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

That standard...

Bongo 1874

Didn't like his style of play and never really understood it.

That said i wish him the best of luck.

Our club is at a different stage on what fans demand etc,and it didn't work out.

SwindonJambo
1 hour ago, Oda be a JT said:

An ex manager/player, who frankly done very well with us but even still now folk are looking to stick the knife in….get a grip ffs 🤦‍♂️ 

Spot on. He most certainly left us in a much better state than when he took over, in both stints in the job. That's unarguable. We should be grateful for what he did for us s, though it was right to move on both times.

It beats me how any Hearts fan can wish him I'll in future ventures. He's just a decent bloke trying to earn a living and provide for his family.

Edited by SwindonJambo