*** Official Ross County Vs Heart of Midlothian match day thread

Bongo 1874

escobri

Any win will do, not so fussed about performance, clean sheet for Gordon would be nice though 😉

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Dallas Green

• Luckies1874

• Jim_Duncan

The Goalscoring Knee
17 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Or a Clarkeulator. 

Top punning 👏.

Lambert Simnel
8 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I pre paid for a 20gb Moroccan SIM card to use…..no roaming charges for me.

👍 Good move. Just the mopeds to watch out for then.

Mikey1874
12 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

It’s important we keep the bit between our teeth. Games are whittling down and it would be too easy for the players to look at the table and think it’s all done. We’ve got the semi final to think about and aim to keep form as we head towards that.

With that in mind I do see a wee blip before we get our act together again and put in another good run after a Naismith baw kicking.  

No two games are the same and we’ve been really good away from home this season, but I thought we lacked urgency for most part against Morton until late on. RC have something to fight for and will be out to make it a game.

1-1.      

Thats as bad as I’m letting the blip get 😄

Had our blip v Rangers and Hibs. Full steam ahead now to Hampden. 

Bazzas right boot

I think they'll take something today.

2-2.

This is the game we'll miss Kent imo.

Be good to get the win which imo seals 3rd place BUT if we did get beat and County gain 3 points on Aberdeen- I'd be disappointed,  but not angry.

JudyJudyJudy

Hopefully a win . Cant see why not 

BigAlim

Would take a draw honestly, lots of players unavailable 

7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I think they'll take something today.

2-2.

This is the game we'll miss Kent imo.

Be good to get the win which imo seals 3rd place BUT if we did get beat and County gain 3 points on Aberdeen- I'd be disappointed,  but not angry.

Hoping that Toby will continue his form. 

Want nothing more than to see that laddie succeed here. If he can show us he can be trusted then a back 3 of him, Kent and Rowles has huge potential in being able to build from the back and play much more effectively (as both Sibbick and Rowles can comfortably bring the ball out of defence and pick good passes). 

Cruickie's Moustache
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Want nothing more than to see that laddie succeed here. If he can show us he can be trusted then a back 3 of him, Kent and Rowles has huge potential in being able to build from the back and play much more effectively (as both Sibbick and Rowles can comfortably bring the ball out of defence and pick good passes). 

Biggest worry today is that without Kent our CBs may get ragdolled by Jordan White if he is playing.

Doesn't score that many but always a handful.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, OTT said:

Would be good.

KyleLafferty

Sneaky feeling we will go back to 352 to see ourselves into the game.

Clark

sibbick Rowles Kingsley

natty beni Cammy Cochrane Forrest 

Shanks Vargas

Hungry hippo
12 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Sneaky feeling we will go back to 352 to see ourselves into the game.

Clark

sibbick Rowles Kingsley

natty beni Cammy Cochrane Forrest 

Shanks Vargas

I can see the formation but I'm guessing at Denholm instead of Vargas. Cochrane at LWB and Forrest up front with Shanks.

HoGwash
1 hour ago, maltese jambo said:

How many Clarkes' were in that post? Need my abacus !

Especially when his name is Clark 😄

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I pre paid for a 20gb Moroccan SIM card to use…..no roaming charges for me.

Did Matheson put you on to that?

Oh wait...

3 points today please. Shankland and Vargas on the score sheet. 

Skacelsid
2 hours ago, Henroddy said:

A lot of people still picking Dexter. Is he really that much better than Atkinson? Didn't look great v Morton. Different types of players 

Thought Dexter was better against Celtic and linked well with Sibbick. We basically played a five, he still got forward but was disciplined and got back into defensive shape when play broke down. It is basic stuff. Atkinson is similar in that he goes missing abandoning defensive duties. Toss up between the two defensively, but I think Dexter is more dangerous and delivers better attacking wise.

Lambert Simnel

That guy Dhanda ran us ragged last time we played them - but apart from him, I don't think there's a lot of quality in this Staggies team. 2-1 to Hearts would be my guess.

JimmyCant
15 minutes ago, Marvin said:

3 points today please. Shankland and Vargas on the score sheet. 

Be a great first season for Vargas if he could get to double figures, considering he’s not always started.

I reckon we’ll end up getting £millions for him.

martoon

Another 3 points to keep the momentum (the real kind, not the cloud cuckoo, dotnut variety) going.

I want third signed and sealed before the split although a draw would neither surprise nor disappoint me.

Ross 1 Hearts 1

Hibs 1 Livi 1

Thomaso
On 11/03/2024 at 22:48, Lambert Simnel said:

If we were to lose, we'd still be pretty sure of third and Aberdeen would be in more trouble, yes?  Hmmm....

No hmmm for me. Nothing but a Hearts win please and get 3rd confirmed asap.

RedStarRiot
12 minutes ago, Lambert Simnel said:

That guy Dhanda ran us ragged last time we played them - but apart from him, I don't think there's a lot of quality in this Staggies team. 2-1 to Hearts would be my guess.

Strange game for him today. Wonder if he plays? He’s more or less their only creative player. 

colinmorewasgash

Murray ex hibs and White will cause us problems in defence mind you hubz scored 2 versus them if he plays happily take draw and get players back next few weeks. Could see another 2 2

highlandjambo3
36 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Did Matheson put you on to that?

Oh wait...

Eh 🤷‍♂️…… you’ll need to decipher that for me, I’m not the sharpest tool in the Forrest.

Boris5115
1 minute ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Murray ex hibs and White will cause us problems in defence mind you hubz scored 2 versus them if he plays happily take draw and get players back next few weeks. Could see another 2 2

County were absolutely rank against Hibs. I'm fully expecting 3 points today. 

Wee Mikey
13 minutes ago, martoon said:

Another 3 points to keep the momentum (the real kind, not the cloud cuckoo, dotnut variety) going.

I want third signed and sealed before the split although a draw would neither surprise nor disappoint me.

Ross 1 Hearts 1

Hibs 1 Livi 1

I have a funny feeling that Livi are going to do a job on h1b5 today.

A Motherwell win v Aberdeen is not out of the question and, you never know, Levein might, just might, conjure up some sort of miracle.

All I really care about is us looking after our own business, but my fantasy 3 results would work wonders for the bottom 6 scenario.

Horatio Caine
Just now, highlandjambo3 said:

Eh 🤷‍♂️…… you’ll need to decipher that for me, I’m not the sharpest tool in the Forrest.

Ref was to the then Health Secretary, Michael Matheson running up a huge roaming charge on holiday in Morocco because his sons were streaming football from back home. SC initially paid it, £11,000 then he was forced to repay it and he resigned. There you are.

highlandjambo3
7 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Ref was to the then Health Secretary, Michael Matheson running up a huge roaming charge on holiday in Morocco because his sons were streaming football from back home. SC initially paid it, £11,000 then he was forced to repay it and he resigned. There you are.

Ah ok……I’ll be watching the match via a fire stick thingy that err …… perfectly legal 😳

martoon
5 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

I have a funny feeling that Livi are going to do a job on h1b5 today.

A Motherwell win v Aberdeen is not out of the question and, you never know, Levein might, just might, conjure up some sort of miracle.

All I really care about is us looking after our own business, but my fantasy 3 results would work wonders for the bottom 6 scenario.

Aye.

Aberdeen were appalling at Dens, apparently, and Motherwell have some good days.

I'd be surprised if Livingston didn't put up any kind of fight to remain in the Premier. I still believe they'll put a wee run together and today would be the perfect day to start it.

High hopes we can get another win on the road but a draw would be no disaster.

However poor County were on Wednesday you can forget about that today. A team that only shows up for Hearts and relegation playoffs

Wee Mikey
34 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Away win number 10 I understand. 

Should we prevail, then it would be 14 away wins in all competitions.

My counting may be dodgy, but just imagine! Losing count of away wins. Who would've thunk it?

Luckies1874

Grant and Devlin unsurprisingly binned after Monday night with Cochrane and Denholm chosen.

Clark back in for Gordon and Atty for Dexter.

Oda and Fraser fit for the bench. 

Edited by Luckies1874

Wee Mikey
Just now, Luckies1874 said:

Grant and Devlin unsurprisingly binned after Monday night.....

Super subs 2nd half?

Gorgierools
Just now, Luckies1874 said:

Grant and Devlin unsurprisingly binned after Monday night.....

Despite Devlins pinpoint pass? Not binned maybe not suited to this game 

Luckies1874
Just now, Gorgierools said:

Despite Devlins pinpoint pass? Not binned maybe not suited to this game 

Yeah despite that one pass. 

Midfield looks weak, absolutely no idea what Denholm brings to the team, he is miles behind Tait.

Mikey1874
27 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

Strange game for him today. Wonder if he plays? He’s more or less their only creative player. 

Back in

20240316_135352.jpg

ArcticJambo
7 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Either 343 or could be 433 if Alex CM

That's what it looks like to me but it looks a bit imbalanced.

Boris5115
Just now, liam11 said:

Going with Atkinson a mistake I fear

One week Atkinson one week Lembikisa. Get this position sorted in the summer as both these two are not good enough. Denholm over Tait is a strange decision also. Tait can control a game and I'm yet to figure out what Denholm offers. 

Gorgierools
6 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Yeah despite that one pass. 

And numerous ball retrievals 

Mikey1874
1 minute ago, Boris5115 said:

One week Atkinson one week Lembikisa. Get this position sorted in the summer as both these two are not good enough. Denholm over Tait is a strange decision also. Tait can control a game and I'm yet to figure out what Denholm offers. 

You weren't at Celtic Park clearly.

Boris5115
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

You weren't at Celtic Park clearly.

And your point is 

ScandinavianJambo

Denholm instead of Tait confuses me but the gaffer might just know what he is doing...