*** Official Ross County Vs Heart of Midlothian match day thread

Bongo 1874

2 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Weirdly, I can remember us losing there only once - so it must be one of our most successful hunting grounds. But agree with you it's usually a tough game.

About 10 years ago?  Two very late goals.  Gutting.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Dallas Green

• Luckies1874

• Jim_Duncan

4 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Getting an early start for tomorrow. 🥂

Ps ... I booked an earlier bus on the back of that info. Grrr ...

Won't be wasted,you can beat the queues at the Wimpy 😄

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, bigdav said:

Won't be wasted,you can beat the queues at the Wimpy 😄

Only after stocking up in Woolworth's.

Anyhoo, 1st in line for a go at Betty's Baps sounds more like it ... or is it now Batty's Baps?

Ye cannae beat a wee away day in Dingwall.

Hat trick for Shanks.

❤️❤️G❤️

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, One five said:

0-1 HT 0-3 FT

Unless Dhanda scores a late, late consolation coming off the bench.

He'd get the BIGGEST ironic cheer EVER (since our 1-3 victory at h1b5' gaff) and could give it a totally hilarious 'get it right up ye's' to our travelling support and be clapped off the pitch regardless.

At least our support won't gob on him, chuck missiles, or do a pitch invasion.

The Gorgie Ultras last few games there have been tremendous.

Go Hearts. Keep up the league away form and send us home happy.

Plenty of time for Ross Co to embarrass A'deen.

❤️❤️G❤️

fabienleclerq
On 11/03/2024 at 21:59, Bongo 1874 said:

Gordon

Lembikisa Sibbick Rowles Kingsley 

Beni  Cochrane 

Vargas   Shankland  Forrest

Tagawa

Surely Atkinson at Rb? Dexter has a wee burst of pace and whip a ball in. After that he's not a good footballer, can't pass it 5 yards.

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Surely Atkinson at Rb? Dexter has a wee burst of pace and whip a ball in. After that he's not a good footballer, can't pass it 5 yards.

I’d be surprised.  Dexter had a good game against Celtic and Atkinson was honking against Rangers and Hibs.  He doesn’t deserve his place back. 

One five
38 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Unless Dhanda scores a late, late consolation coming off the bench.

He'd get the BIGGEST ironic cheer EVER (since our 1-3 victory at h1b5' gaff) and could give it a totally hilarious 'get it right up ye's' to our travelling support and be clapped off the pitch regardless.

At least our support won't gob on him, chuck missiles, or do a pitch invasion.

The Gorgie Ultras last few games there have been tremendous.

Go Hearts. Keep up the league away form and send us home happy.

Plenty of time for Ross Co to embarrass A'deen.

❤️❤️G❤️

Always have a wee bet on us👍

IMG_1450.png

zeke1874

Atkinson or dexter is the only real decision. Its tough because I always prefer playing our own guys vs a loan player but dexter has shown some good moments and Atkinson was a bit off it recently.  Dexter likes a cross but too often fakes to cross then cuts back before crossing. This is OK if the forwards ken he's gonna do that...

Think Atkinson is a better alrounder but dexter has more pace. Ah feck it Naismith will make the right call am sure.

Debut 4

It’s important we keep the bit between our teeth. Games are whittling down and it would be too easy for the players to look at the table and think it’s all done. We’ve got the semi final to think about and aim to keep form as we head towards that.

With that in mind I do see a wee blip before we get our act together again and put in another good run after a Naismith baw kicking.  

No two games are the same and we’ve been really good away from home this season, but I thought we lacked urgency for most part against Morton until late on. RC have something to fight for and will be out to make it a game.

1-1.      

Thats as bad as I’m letting the blip get 😄

Edited by Debut 4

Jambo92

Imagine it will be a similar game to Morton, bobbly pitch, lack of quality, all about grinding out result.

Watt-Zeefuik
3 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’d be surprised.  Dexter had a good game against Celtic and Atkinson was honking against Rangers and Hibs.  He doesn’t deserve his place back. 

But Lembikisa had a wretched one against Morton.

Could see it going either way TBH.

Bongo 1874
Posted (edited)

C'mon The Hearts!!!!!!

Edited by Bongo 1874

maltese jambo
16 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Three points please Hearts.

Couldn't give a toss about County getting closer to Aberdeen by beating us, to paraphrase their owner. I want them, County, to keep taking their medicine.

Well said. All this 'oh wouldnt mind if they beat us' p!sh is pathetic. Such a looser mentality.

i8hibsh

Ross County likely to score first due to the way we play but I think we will see this over the line with the tightest and scrappiest of a win.

JimmyCant
13 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Goalkeeping positions are different from others. A goalkeeper keeping clean sheets, saving pens and generally being solid can’t really be dropped. 

I agree with Clarke keeping his place. Clarke is the future and Gordon is in the twilight of his career. Another season as back up probably sees him retiring. Gordon will get ‘ticking over’ game time to give him the best chance of making the Euros. He deserves that. No doubt. But Hearts isn’t here for Craig Gordon. We have the future to think about and the future is Clarke. How’s Clarke going to feel if we sentimentally put Gordon’s Euro squad ambitions ahead of Clarke’s and Clarke misses out as a result ?

JimmyCant
8 hours ago, One five said:

IMG_1450.png

That is really poor odds. We don’t often score 3 away from home. We’re just not that sort of team

rmreido
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Ross County likely to score first due to the way we play but I think we will see this over the line with the tightest and scrappiest of a win.

1-2

Hearts to come from behind and scrape the win..

:oohmatron:

AlimOzturk
2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I agree with Clarke keeping his place. Clarke is the future and Gordon is in the twilight of his career. Another season as back up probably sees him retiring. Gordon will get ‘ticking over’ game time to give him the best chance of making the Euros. He deserves that. No doubt. But Hearts isn’t here for Craig Gordon. We have the future to think about and the future is Clarke. How’s Clarke going to feel if we sentimentally put Gordon’s Euro squad ambitions ahead of Clarke’s and Clarke misses out as a result ?

This. Clarke could very well be our number one for the next 8-10 years. Very solid keeper. 

I reckon Gordon remains with the club in a coaching capacity. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Bindy Badgy
10 hours ago, One five said:

IMG_1450.png

18.5 on Betfair. 

AlimOzturk

I reckon a scrappy 0-1 win and Lawrence Shankland goal at 85 mins. Teams aren’t coming out attacking us these days. 

mellors1874

Anyone know how good the parking is up there as plan on being up for lunchtime.

i8hibsh
44 minutes ago, rmreido said:

1-2

Hearts to come from behind and scrape the win..

:oohmatron:

We will have better ball control and we have the men to shoot when it counts.

been here before
19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We will have better ball control and we have the men to shoot when it counts.

Heading up for the game today Pwincess now we're winning and doing well or still giving them a miss?

Edited by been here before

Daveandal

Ross County still seem to have fight in them. They are within touching distance of Aberdeen and St Johnstone. That said we have coped with organised teams that are happy to dig in before.

To use a favourite word of Naismith we'll need to be patient.

Jim_Duncan
45 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

There’s a car park behind the main drag in town, near Poundstretcher or some other similar cheapo shop. We used that for the fixture earlier in the season. Worked well, reasonable escape after the game. 

39 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

I drove up a couple of years ago and parking was easy enough. Get to the traffic lights where you have the high st on your right and a big Tesco in front of you. Go straight on and there is a car park on your right. If you end up in Tesco you've gone too far. From there it's a 10/15 minute walk up the high street to the ground.

Victorian

4 or 5 goals in this.  2-2 or 3-2 either way.  Hopefully our winning nack sees us take the 3-2.

Henroddy

A lot of people still picking Dexter. Is he really that much better than Atkinson? Didn't look great v Morton. Different types of players 

Jim_Duncan
3 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

A lot of people still picking Dexter. Is he really that much better than Atkinson? Didn't look great v Morton. Different types of players 

Atkinson gets an unbelievable amount of stick from some ‘supporters’. He has the occasional bad game, but there aren’t many at our level who don’t. 

Ex member of the SaS

Bit conflicted with this one, Lose and put Aberdeen in deep doo doo or win another game. Ok decided we must win, look after winning third place before the split and then relax for the rest of the season. 1-3 

Thomaso
On 11/03/2024 at 22:48, Lambert Simnel said:

If we were to lose, we'd still be pretty sure of third and Aberdeen would be in more trouble, yes?  Hmmm....

No hmmm for me. Nothing but a Hearts win please and get 3rd confirmed asap.

Thomaso

If we were to lose, we'd still be pretty sure of third and Aberdeen would be in more trouble, yes?  Hmmm....

Thomaso

Thomaso

davemclaren
30 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

This.  Sooner we are mathematically assured of third the better. 

maltese jambo
4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

How many Clarkes' were in that post? Need my abacus !

Jim_Duncan
42 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Bit conflicted with this one, Lose and put Aberdeen in deep doo doo or win another game. Ok decided we must win, look after winning third place before the split and then relax for the rest of the season. 1-3 

You’ve come to the right conclusion. We take care of ourselves and the rest can sort themselves out. 

One five
36 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

This.

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, maltese jambo said:

How many Clarkes' were in that post? Need my abacus !

Or a Clarkeulator. 

colinmaroon
53 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

Defensively awful.

maltese jambo
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Or a Clarkeulator. 

😂

Lambert Simnel
3 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Mind and wrap up you lot 😁😁

IMG_2114.png

Love Marrakech, but watch out for the data roaming charges. Oh, and the crappy mopeds belching out fumes as they try to run you over in the souk. Otherwise, it's awesome.

highlandjambo3
Just now, Lambert Simnel said:

Love Marrakech, but watch out for the data roaming charges. Oh, and the crappy mopeds belching out fumes as they try to run you over in the souk. Otherwise, it's awesome.

I pre paid for a 20gb Moroccan SIM card to use…..no roaming charges for me.