Hibs allocation poll.

kingantti1874

Reduce hibs allocation  

824 members have voted

1. 1. Should we reduce hibs allocation to the minimum following the atrocious behaviour last night.

• Yes. Sell full season tickets in the Roseburn
    • No.

kingantti1874
Just now, Smithian said:

I brought it up in another thread, but I don't understand why netting can't be placed in front of away seating. Want to stop people running on field after goals? Stop flares and trash? Make it harder to throw stuff? Netting.

Simple netting at a baseball game is strong enough to stop a 100 mph foul ball while being thing enough to not bother the spectator. Hockey teams always have netting above the glass and no issues there.

All I can think is crushing concerns. Past that, seems this solves so many issues. Not all of them, like coins and batteries, but most issues.

Why should we need to make special arrangements for them and spend more of our money. 

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Pasquale for King

• Chuck Berry

• Daktari

Gorgierools
1 hour ago, Birregrande said:

A shift change during a game of football? 

Watch it, it happened. Probably some PC,PC ( and PCW, or PC non gender defined) welfare break

Boris5115
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Why should we need to make special arrangements for them and spend more of our money. 

Chicken wire is cheap just like they used to have in that hovell of an old main stand. 

Mr Brightside

Would seriously consider selling only the top section of the Roseburn for the next derby.

The amount of objects thrown and people on the pitch was the worst I have seen at Tynie. 

Smithian
25 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Because this isn't just an issue with them. It is also an issue with OF and occasionally other clubs.

Barring hiring a few dozen extra law enforcement officers for every match and giving them instructions to wade into dense crowds, and possibly making the situation worse, you're not going to convince away supporters that causing a disruption isn't worth the thrill.

I'd like to mitigate the issue in a way that doesn't punish the vast majority of supporters who aren't throwing items or causing disruption. Look how many matches on the continent have to be played behind closed doors because a few clowns ruin it for everyone.

If you're a Hearts fan who enjoys going to Easter Road to see Hibs lose derbies, I don't want you to lose that opportunity because Hearts banned Hibs supporters from Tynecastle.

Aussie Jambo

I was thinking what would happen if the Hibs fans just decided to run the pitch and attach our supporters? Absolute nothing.  This could easily happen and no one could stop them bar our fans. Those security guys are useless and couldn’t hold back all those fans. Game like that police have to be involved inside. I remember going to games in the 80s with the police on horses in the ground. Easily 100 coppers in and around the ground. Fuds were ejected and walk of shame passed the fans. They won’t do shit in the ground now but they are happy to see you outside the ground. Plus give you reminders they are. 

Edited by Aussie Jambo

dannymack
10 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Ive voted no.

As much as hibs fans are mostly scum, the away ends at both grounds in the derby are what make it brilliant fun imo, without the full stand of away fans then the atmosphere loses its edge imo.

Would hate to see hearts fans lose out at ER, just because of some dickheads, what the club should do though, is get in contact with hibs. Identify who these pricks are that are throwing the projectiles etc and ban them from Tynecastle, let other fans in who are going to behave.

Fair enough, your entitled to your opinion however If push came to shove would you rather snuggle up with supporters who of the last decade or so vented their true colours in wanting us dead, buried with our graves bring danced on, the same fans who wanted us demoted, the same fans who show no regard whatsoever for a previous Chairman's family, the same fans who show no concern whatsoever for the welfare of our players.... or would you prefer to sit tight with The School End season ticket holders before even worrying about a ticket for the South Stand Dunbar End Easter Rd ? 

dannymack
23 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

I was thinking what would happen if the Hibs fans just decided to run the pitch and attach our supporters? Absolute nothing.  This could easily happen and no one could stop them bar our fans. Those security guys are useless and couldn’t hold back all those fans. Game like that police have to be involved inside. I remember going to games in the 80s with the police on horses in the ground. Easily 100 coppers in and around the ground. Fuds were ejected and walk of shame passed the fans. They won’t do shit in the ground now but they are happy to see you outside the ground. Plus give you reminders they are. 

The horses used to stand at the School End entrance/exit, I remember as a wee boy standing in horse shit on the way out !

If Hibs fans ran on the park and goaded the Hearts support I would guess there would be a riot, without advocating violence and as strange as this is going to read,  if the Hearts support DIDN'T go on the pitch then the Hibs fans would use that "shitebag" label forevermore. 

I was one of the many fans who made it onto the Easter Rd turf back in 1987 when they poured on at full time to celebrate their first victory against us in 8 years, I was a raging teenager full of nonsense, would I do it now ? No, of course not but apart from the Derby in 1990 there's not been any further pitch confrontations with large numbers. 

The stewards are helpless, as I stated before most of them can hardly speak the Kings English and I really don't know why stewards are employed to police the stands at Cat C games, they have restricted powers. 

Hearts_fan

Why prevent Hearts supporters from attending a home derby in favour of Hibs supporters? It makes zero sense when there is demand and capacity to sell circa 2,000 more full STs to Hearts supporters. 

If the argument is that doing so would “spoil” an away day for some other Hearts supporters, once or maybe twice a season.. well that is weak, simply.

kingantti1874
9 hours ago, Smithian said:

Because this isn't just an issue with them. It is also an issue with OF and occasionally other clubs.

Barring hiring a few dozen extra law enforcement officers for every match and giving them instructions to wade into dense crowds, and possibly making the situation worse, you're not going to convince away supporters that causing a disruption isn't worth the thrill.

I'd like to mitigate the issue in a way that doesn't punish the vast majority of supporters who aren't throwing items or causing disruption. Look how many matches on the continent have to be played behind closed doors because a few clowns ruin it for everyone.

If you're a Hearts fan who enjoys going to Easter Road to see Hibs lose derbies, I don't want you to lose that opportunity because Hearts banned Hibs supporters from Tynecastle.

why don’t we just demand that they stop the free for all selling and insist that any tickets go to ST holders with loyalty points. It’s an absolute disgrace that isn’t the case already from hibs end. Scummy piss ant little club that they are. 

do I enjoy Easter road well yes u used to , but I don’t care that much, I don’t think it’s more important than more hearts fans in tynecatske and I certainly wouldn’t prioritise it over the safety of our players or fans, and I certainly wouldn’t do anything that cost us money which didn’t directly benefit our fans.  

A_A wehatethehibs
7 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

Why prevent Hearts supporters from attending a home derby in favour of Hibs supporters? It makes zero sense when there is demand and capacity to sell circa 2,000 more full STs to Hearts supporters. 

If the argument is that doing so would “spoil” an away day for some other Hearts supporters, once or maybe twice a season.. well that is weak, simply.

It’s not that. The club values the away support there in terms of our excellent record there. It’s about results. We don’t want to lose the support. I understand the logic of it.

However I don’t think the behaviour of Hibs fans can be accepted any longer. With it being a football match yes a team will score a goal. It shouldn’t cause this bitter uniquely Hibs phenomenon of a volley of objects being thrown caused by the psychological trauma of how shite their club is overall. It’s not acceptable.

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

The Treasurer
12 hours ago, Mr Brightside said:

Would seriously consider selling only the top section of the Roseburn for the next derby.

The amount of objects thrown and people on the pitch was the worst I have seen at Tynie. 

This should ould be the first step that the club should take, and to make up for the lost revenue from the empty seats we should increase the price of the tickets.

If they complained then we tell them it's a surcharge to cover the cost of additional security 

davemclaren
27 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

This should ould be the first step that the club should take, and to make up for the lost revenue from the empty seats we should increase the price of the tickets.

If they complained then we tell them it's a surcharge to cover the cost of additional security 

We would have to increase the price of equivalent tickets in our end by the same amount under SPFL regulations.  

Geoff Kilpatrick
55 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We would have to increase the price of equivalent tickets in our end by the same amount under SPFL regulations.  

That's an interesting one though given that we generally don't have public sales anymore. We just list prices of season tickets for areas.

indianajones
On 01/03/2024 at 10:28, Fozzyonthefence said:

At least someone has the guts to admit it, all the others that voted that way are staying very quiet!  

The problem with this stance is that this behaviour has been going on for years but is actually getting worse and the culprits are not getting rooted out.

Time for the club to take action.  And I hope the silence just means they are keeping their powder dry and ongoing discussions on what must surely now be a police matter regarding the open blade being thrown at Shankland.   If the club say / do nothing over this I’ll be disgusted but surely something is imminent.

You are right that it has been going on for far too long. No one seems to be interested in knocking on some doors and issuing banning orders which is quite baffling. 

I'd miss watching the away end scenes at the Dunbar end though. Same with Tynecastle when we usually pump them. 3500 defeated faces is excellent viewing. 

The Edinburgh derby is a unique thing in Scotland just now. Would be a shame to lose that. 

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

That's an interesting one though given that we generally don't have public sales anymore. We just list prices of season tickets for areas.

We have to have individual pricing for those that buy tickets through the ticket exchange.

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

We have to have individual pricing for those that buy tickets through the ticket exchange.

All the more reason to sell more STs to Hearts fans and reduce their allocation. That will reduce the ticket exchange requirement.

davemclaren
18 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I think there are still some non season ticket seats in the Roseburn.  

Chuck Berry
14 hours ago, Smithian said:

What about the Hearts fans who lose their seat for the derby at Tynecastle?

John Findlay
14 hours ago, Smithian said:

Sometimes the majority have to suffer, until the minority get the message or are forbidden from attending football for evermore.

I would rather prevention was cure, than shutting the stable door, after a Hearts or even a Hibs player suffers a serious injury.

Big Drew
On 29/02/2024 at 22:06, Hearts_fan said:

Empty them. One upper section for away fans of ALL clubs, and full Season Tickets for a couple of thousand Hearts fans.

Install a fixed barrier as there would be no need to move it. 

This!

And also hold the away fans back for 20 minutes after the full-time whistle so that money is saved on erecting the temporary barriers (the Rangers did this at Ibroke - dunno if they still do?).

Hearts_fan
7 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

It’s not that. The club values the away support there in terms of our excellent record there. It’s about results. We don’t want to lose the support. I understand the logic of it.

However I don’t think the behaviour of Hibs fans can be accepted any longer. With it being a football match yes a team will score a goal. It shouldn’t cause this bitter uniquely Hibs phenomenon of a volley of objects being thrown caused by the psychological trauma of how shite their club is overall. It’s not acceptable.

I see your point, if the away fans do have a bearing on results. 

Doesn’t work for Hibs though. 

I am not convinced Hibs would sell out the additional seats at Easter Road should they reciprocally reduce our allocation.

Action does need to be taken though, to avoid recurrences of the Neanderthal behaviour witnessed on Wednesday.

Big Drew
On 01/03/2024 at 10:31, kingantti1874 said:

We will all have different views for different reasons.  However, at a minimum I think hearts should implement a total 1 game ban.  And regardless or how many tickets hibs get for future games, insist that they implement a loyalty point scheme .  With tickets available to season ticket holders only. A large part of the problem seems to be it’s a free for all.  

i think we can all agree on the second part at least.  The expense of implementing the loyalty point scheme and the responsibility for monitoring has to 100% fall at the feet of hibs.  

that should Apple whether they get 500 tickets or 3500 tickets .

if they do not want to do that. Then no tickets at all 

Good points made here!

On 01/03/2024 at 13:48, soonbe110 said:

Not sure they do.  Their ticketing process is very different to ours. Even some of their fans don’t understand it

They cant get their heads aeound

Block

Row

Seat

at Tynecastle , so I am not surprised 

Give them the top tier for the next derby & see how it goes 🇱🇻

22games nro

I was thinking about voting no, as it certainly creates an atmosphere but then I clocked these pictures online and thought , no enough is enough.  

IMG_4390.jpeg

IMG_4389.jpeg

Watt-Zeefuik

I voted no, but should have a zero tolerance policy for missiles. The moment one gets thrown, the game stops while the lower section that it came from gets emptied entirely.

joondalupjambo
33 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

I voted no, but should have a zero tolerance policy for missiles. The moment one gets thrown, the game stops while the lower section that it came from gets emptied entirely.

Who would do that then?  The 20 or so police on duty in the ground?

Birregrande
22 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

Watch it, it happened. Probably some PC,PC ( and PCW, or PC non gender defined) welfare break

That's some weird shit right there. Hibs/Celtic can run riot in our stadium and nothing ever changes, despite being fan owned.

Edited by Birregrande
Beer.

Watt-Zeefuik
34 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Who would do that then?  The 20 or so police on duty in the ground?

It would be a big ask of the stewards, the kicker being that play doesn't continue until they're gone.

joondalupjambo
1 minute ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

It would be a big ask of the stewards, the kicker being that play doesn't continue until they're gone.

Needs to be the police I think and it was interesting that earlier this week there was a statement saying that there were not enough being deployed at games.  Cannot remember from whom but it was made and think it was a warning that things were risky at high profile games.

Chuck Berry
3 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

A zero tolerance policy should therefore equal an allocation cut.  Any repeat and zero tickets.

Musemic
5 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

So when does your policy start?

The first home derby next season or the home derby last season when our goalie got his head split open with a coin?

Enough is enough. The time for action is now, before someone, player, referee, ballboy or steward, gets seriously hurt. I would cut them to one section, like all the other teams and, were there any repetition of the scenes on Wednesday, I'd ban them totally for the next derby after that. The one after that would be back to one section and, again if any trouble, a total ban for the next one. Hopefully, even the inbred mutants in their support would soon cotton on

SwindonJambo

I previously favoured giving them the whole end to preserve the derby atmosphere but Wednesday night changed my mind - reduce them to 1 section. They're now unmanageable. With all away teams getting the same, surely we should consider putting up perspex shields around the away end and tighten up entry checks to stop double ups & forgeries.

In fairness to the decent Hobbits, there's a thread on .net where they call out their own for Wednesday's scenes.

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, Musemic said:

So when does your policy start?

The first home derby next season or the home derby last season when our goalie got his head split open with a coin?

Enough is enough. The time for action is now, before someone, player, referee, ballboy or steward, gets seriously hurt. I would cut them to one section, like all the other teams and, were there any repetition of the scenes on Wednesday, I'd ban them totally for the next derby after that. The one after that would be back to one section and, again if any trouble, a total ban for the next one. Hopefully, even the inbred mutants in their support would soon cotton on

Not just derbies. Make it a rule at Tynecastle. Stuff gets thrown at the players on the pitch, play stops and that section get emptied. Send a detailed explainer to every visiting club. Put signs on the entries. For the first few games, put notices on the seats.

You state it very clearly up front and then empty a section, whoever threw the missile is getting his arse kicked outside the stadium by the rest of the fans that got launched because of his idiocy.

Next season, slash their allocation and sell them to our own supporters. As we progress and see more demand for tickets, we should be putting our own support first .

Let them cut our allocation and  lose money as they will never sell out with additional tickets to shift at ER !

The Treasurer
22 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Not if they were all ST holders. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Not if they were all ST holders. 

They can’t be though, there will have to be some set aside for walk up sakes, no way we would have ST holders only.  Even if we did it would mean we would have to put up our prices when selling through Ticket Exchange for behind the goals at both ends. 

Fozzyonthefence
8 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Not just derbies. Make it a rule at Tynecastle. Stuff gets thrown at the players on the pitch, play stops and that section get emptied. Send a detailed explainer to every visiting club. Put signs on the entries. For the first few games, put notices on the seats.

You state it very clearly up front and then empty a section, whoever threw the missile is getting his arse kicked outside the stadium by the rest of the fans that got launched because of his idiocy.

You’ve not really thought this through have you?  Who’s going to empty them?  The 18 year old stewards on minimum wage or the handful of policemen / women that are there and have specific instructions not to get involved?

Watt-Zeefuik
3 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You’ve not really thought this through have you?  Who’s going to empty them?  The 18 year old stewards on minimum wage or the handful of policemen / women that are there and have specific instructions not to get involved?

So they're going to just sit there while the game is stopped and 17,000 other people are telling them to GTFO so the game can go on?

manaliveits105
On 04/03/2024 at 17:33, Chuck Berry said:

Still silence from the club, really not good enough.

Not anymore Ann has come out with the perpetrators will be hunted by both clubs and whataboot our fans though !

:vrface:

hughesie27

Be interesting to see a subcategory on the poll of people's opinions who regularly attend ER. For almost everybody else it's a bit of a no brainer I would imagine.

boag1874
18 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Not anymore Ann has come out with the perpetrators will be hunted by both clubs and whataboot our fans though !

She’s said everything right tbh, it puts pressure on hibs to deal with these idiots if we say “that was way ott, we know we have idiots as well, we’ll deal with them but hibs need to deal with theirs and make sure they’re never allowed back to ER” - otherwise it just becomes whataboutary. If Hibs don’t deal with the troublemakers then the SFA should be stepping in with sanctions like UEFA do.

Folk expecting the club to come out and get into a public war of words with Hibs over it need to chill, it won’t happen, we’ll deal with it professionally unlike other outfits.

jambo19
46 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Have you got the full article there? EEN wouldn't let me read it

Deevers
27 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

She’s said everything right tbh, it puts pressure on hibs to deal with these idiots if we say “that was way ott, we know we have idiots as well, we’ll deal with them but hibs need to deal with theirs and make sure they’re never allowed back to ER” - otherwise it just becomes whataboutary. If Hibs don’t deal with the troublemakers then the SFA should be stepping in with sanctions like UEFA do.

Folk expecting the club to come out and get into a public war of words with Hibs over it need to chill, it won’t happen, we’ll deal with it professionally unlike other outfits.

This sort of behaviour has gone in for years at Easter Road and is endemic in their travelling support. I’ve seen nothing so far to suggest that those in charge down there are doing anything to sort out the people responsible. For me, they’ve used up their chances to behave in a reasonable fashion. 

manaliveits105
34 minutes ago, jambo19 said:

Have you got the full article there? EEN wouldn't let me read it

It is on Hearts Standard 

manaliveits105
20 minutes ago, Deevers said:

This sort of behaviour has gone in for years at Easter Road and is endemic in their travelling support. I’ve seen nothing so far to suggest that those in charge down there are doing anything to sort out the people responsible. For me, they’ve used up their chances to behave in a reasonable fashion. 

Absolutely 

Chuck Berry
3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

It's not really good enough, they seem more interested in protecting Hibs allocation rather than getting more Jambos into Tynecastle for derbies.