Emiliano Marcondes

Batistuta87

loveofthegame

He was decent, but nothing more. Wouldn't say it was a special performance that I particularly noticed.

He is a good player clearly and a level above Hibs - hence at Bournemouth on wages Hibs can't afford. Highly doubt he'll be at Hibs next season, so not a big concern.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Batistuta87

• RustyRightPeg

• Chimp

• Bongo 1874

Boyces beard
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

6 yards... Marcondes strikes from the penalty spot, Devlin is on the 6 yard line. 

Maybe this explains it better. He's taken this step and then shuffled his feet to position himself for the block. Its a split-second decision and I'm not saying he gets the ball but in taking that step forward rather than steadying himself for the block, he makes it much harder on the attacker and makes his target smaller. 

image.png.f1a95bd8d5d7cba9e76a5aa71d4db047.png

Yip sorry 6 yards but my point still stands mate, he just turned around having been facing the wrong way and the hibs player had his standing leg planted and was in the process of shooting, just watch the actual video in normal time, there is no way possible for Cammy to get any closer to the ball than what he was bud.

Batistuta87
23 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Yip sorry 6 yards but my point still stands mate, he just turned around having been facing the wrong way and the hibs player had his standing leg planted and was in the process of shooting, just watch the actual video in normal time, there is no way possible for Cammy to get any closer to the ball than what he was bud.

Nah sorry man I've watched it over and over and I think he has more than enough time to continue that step forward. Again not by much, he's not making it to the ball, but he could get at least a leg's length closer to the ball and then there's just that little bit more pressure on the attacker.

All good mate - agree to disagree :)

heatonjambo
5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

**** me man, this thread

:facepalm:

He had a good game, it happens to most players.  The sub standard performance from mostly our entire team on Wednesday contributed to this.

The boy is a Bournemouth reject and is not seen as good enough to represent his country at senior level.

He is not exactly a young player, Bournemouth clearly want rid and I suspect the Bournemouth fringes in the EPL is as far as he will make it.

In all the games he has played for Hibs, they have a win rate of 14%.

His corners looked pretty decent but Hibs scored **** all from all his deliveries.

I imagine after a few games slugging it out in Dingwall and Livingston etc there will be words like "over rated" etc used to describe him on Hibs.net.

Our players should be ****ing ashamed they let these ***** play better than their usual derby standard on Wednesday.

A reasonable post

The Old Tolbooth

**** me ragged, this thread is embarrassing on so many levels 

Harry Potter
6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He does look very Hibs with the salmon boots and man bun, likes a wee dive too. 

Like boyle, he's a wee bit slower now, failed to score on a good through ball to him, defence did well

in clearing the ball.

Silvery_Moon
8 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

**** me man, this thread

:facepalm:

He had a good game, it happens to most players.  The sub standard performance from mostly our entire team on Wednesday contributed to this.

The boy is a Bournemouth reject and is not seen as good enough to represent his country at senior level.

He is not exactly a young player, Bournemouth clearly want rid and I suspect the Bournemouth fringes in the EPL is as far as he will make it.

In all the games he has played for Hibs, they have a win rate of 14%.

His corners looked pretty decent but Hibs scored **** all from all his deliveries.

I imagine after a few games slugging it out in Dingwall and Livingston etc there will be words like "over rated" etc used to describe him on Hibs.net.

Our players should be ****ing ashamed they let these ***** play better than their usual derby standard on Wednesday.

:spoton:

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg

What a shambolic thread. What happened to us? 

Never have I ever said anything good about that pile of shite across the road, and that will never change. They’re our rivals ffs. Even if I thought their player had a good game I’d never admit it. Embarrassing.

**** the Hibs 👊

Gorgie Rules

Feck Hibs and feck Hibs players.

:flagwave:

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Like boyle, he's a wee bit slower now, failed to score on a good through ball to him, defence did well

in clearing the ball.

Yeah he was caught twice, first time Atkinson caught him so he ran into him to get a foul. The second one he should’ve squared it to Youan. All these injuries catching up with him. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Topper said:

😂😂🤣 Looked good again the night aye? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

:lol: I thought he looked good, just surrounded by absolute diarrhea. Not one of the rest of Hibs attackers could make a good decision in the final 3rd! 

If Hibs manage to keep him, it will be because they've thrown the kitchen sink at keeping him. 

A least 3 blatant dives during the game.  An utter cheat to rival Boyle for H1b5 annual Tom Daley Award, at their player of the year night. 

Wee Mikey
2 minutes ago, Yoda said:

A least 3 blatant dives during the game.  An utter cheat to rival Boyle for H1b5 annual Tom Daley Award, at their player of the year night. 

Just like Aberdeen's Duk at Tynie.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Yoda said:

That was my impression as well. 

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, Yoda said:

That's what 99% of Hearts supporters saw. The other 1% busy playing with themselves in excitement every time he touched the ball(which wasn't that often).

Touching tribute to Martin Boyle with his dives.

In general rubbish 

I hope they do throw a lot of money at him as it will be more wasted cash.

boag1874

Was he playing tonight? Surely a world class player such as himself would make light work of Rangers back line? No?

i8hibsh

Another player I have nailed it on.  We made him look good.. Shame on us.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Another player I have nailed it on.  We made him look good.. Shame on us.

Whst is it they say about self praise? 😎

Boris5115

Interesting to see if bun boy fancies a midweek trip to Ross County. I can see the pretty boy pulling a fast one there. 

Australis

Good at diving and waving his hands to the wee team support asking for them to cheer more.

Offered absolutely zero.

jamboinglasgow

His diving was pathetic, the one in the box with Goldson picking him up was one you would think should be ban worthy.

Bongo 1874
38 minutes ago, Topper said:

😂😂🤣 Looked good again the night aye? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yeah,so did the boy in the middle of the park that got sent off,both had good games.

Wasted at them,would certainly like to see how they would develop,at a team like us.

1971fozzy
37 minutes ago, Yoda said:

yep, undoubtedly their new cheat that will have to be watched should they get top 6. Bought into the hibs way of diving straight away

Cameronstheman
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah,so did the boy in the middle of the park that got sent off,both had good games.

Wasted at them,would certainly like to see how they would develop,at a team like us.

Like that will happen 

vegas-voss
2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

yep, undoubtedly their new cheat that will have to be watched should they get top 6. Bought into the hibs way of diving straight away

Aye the agony he felt in winning that free kick just outside the box only to jump up and take it.

vegas-voss

A flatters to deceive type player.Fits right into the Hibs flair ethos without actually really doing anything.

Bongo 1874
Just now, Cameronstheman said:

Like that will happen 

Hibs are scattergun mate,I see potential in them,the boy isn't better than our midfield, just I think he has potential, again he needs the right coaching to realise that potential, or he's quite simply fecked.

A bit like Devlin when he got sent off against Rangers,not the perfect player but he can be worked on.

And I think that's the difference between the two Edinburgh club's,Naisy seems to really improve players in my opinion.

He was a very clever player,and that has followed into management.

That's no disrespect to monty.

Just Naismith knows scottish football better,and was a winner in Scottish Football.

Marcondes is wasted at Hibs, and would get between 10 goals and assists at a team like us.

Cameronstheman
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hibs are scattergun mate,I see potential in them,the boy isn't better than our midfield, just I think he has potential, again he needs the right coaching to realise that potential, or he's quite simply fecked.

A bit like Devlin when he got sent off against Rangers,not the perfect player but he can be worked on.

And I think that's the difference between the two Edinburgh club's,Naisy seems to really improve players in my opinion.

He was a very clever player,and that has followed into management.

That's no disrespect to monty.

Just Naismith knows scottish football better,and was a winner in Scottish Football.

Marcondes is wasted at Hibs, and would get between 10 goals and assists at a team like us.

How would they land up at Hearts though, dont get it 

Bongo 1874
Just now, Cameronstheman said:

How would they land up at Hearts though, dont get it 

If we wanted Marcondes we could approach him on a pre contract basis now.

The other boy very unlikely.

Cameronstheman
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

If we wanted Marcondes we could approach him on a pre contract basis now.

The other boy very unlikely.

Aw right, it wont happen imho but some times we can dream eh 

Bongo 1874
3 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

Aw right, it wont happen imho but some times we can dream eh 

Probably not,but imagine the tears if we got him on a pre contract 😂🤣 I think that would genuinely send them into meltdown.

Bongo 1874
2 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

Bongo that me laugh i admire your enthusiasm 

It's a trend i hope continues to happen,they really do ruin players.

Looks like he could be a decent player, don't think he is used to having all the pressure dumped on him though. 

Throwing himself to ground at a lot of normal challenges and trying to get the crowd going when hibs were producing nothing.

Thunder and Lightning

Has his chief cheerleader passed comment yet? 

Pasquale for King

Show pony, like so many before him. Poundland Henri Lansbury. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

With Boyle likely out he can take over the flair diving tradition. 

Is their hair too heavy and unbalances them 🤦🏽🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤣🤪😜?!?!

Batistuta87
Posted (edited)

Not gonna kid myself and say he was shite because he had a good game. Deliveries were dangerous again and hit some free kick that gave Butland a fright. Caused problems for their defence when he moved up front. Stupid dive but that's Hibs for you. Will never be there next season. 

Dhanda is better. Does everything Marcondes does but in addition he drops much deeper to get on the ball and make things happen. Genuinely canny wait to get him in the door. 

Edited by Batistuta87

PapaShango

He's decent for this level but would be amazed if Hibs had him next season, he will be on hefty wages and can probably get a move to the Championship down there. The other boy they raved about the number 17, was absolutely hopeless, gave the ball away every time he had it and fluffed the best chance they had when he hit Souttar with a through ball. 

Batistuta87
19 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

He's decent for this level but would be amazed if Hibs had him next season, he will be on hefty wages and can probably get a move to the Championship down there. The other boy they raved about the number 17, was absolutely hopeless, gave the ball away every time he had it and fluffed the best chance they had when he hit Souttar with a through ball. 

Agree with this aye. If they sign him permanently then he'll worry me every time we play them, but I can't see it. Like you say he'll be on good money at Bournemouth and probably able to get another Championship gig on a lot more than Hibs will be able to afford. They do have a tendency to spunk daft wages on a single outlying player though. I'll be quite relieved when he signs somewhere else haha, put it that way. 

Their £100M wonderkid was absolutely shite.