Locking up third

Watt-Zeefuik

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

You could be right, still think 3 wins would wrap it up.

As it stands the most any team below us can get is 69 points. So 70 points would require 18 points, or 6 wins from our last 10 games. If we were to beat St Mirren as one of our wins, then it require only 5 wins (St Mirren game included.) Same points stand for Kilmarnock.

Basically regardless how tomorrow goes, its about getting back to the form we showed before against the non-Old Firm teams when we play the remaining fixtures before the split.

Killie and St Mirren will drop loads of points.  They’re the only two with a realistic chance of getting to 58 points but they won’t.  

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FarmerTweedy

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Pasquale for King

• jr ewing

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Killie and St Mirren will drop loads of points.  They’re the only two with a realistic chance of getting to 58 points but they won’t.  

Yup, 3 of the final 9 games for St Mirren is against the Old Firm. And Kilmarnock and St Mirren still have two games against each other. In fact in 9 games St Mirren have 3 against the Old Firm, 2 against Kilmarnock and 2 against us, so only 2 games against teams not in the top 5.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Chuck Berry
55 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Livi is at home, and we've got St Johnstone at home too, which I'd be inclined to say strikes me as more likely for us to win than Ross County away, even taking into account our away record so far this season! 

Edit: I see Livi has been covered already! 

We don't have St.Johnstone, apart from tomorrow, the final 4 fixtures before the split are

16Mar Ross County (A)
30Mar Kilmarnock (H)
06Apr St Mirren  (A)
13Apr Livingston (H)

innerjambo

Once more we need to find our mojo, more than ever this year, we must finish 3rd. 

Fail to do so, and we will be seen as weak, with very weak and unreliable management in place. These players have potential, but there are numerous questions that, quite frankly, go unanswered. Fitness levels, hunger, desire, football ability, mobility. These are all something we lack, and all too often, which is very noticeable. We are a very long way from the finished article, or anywhere near it unfortunately. With great recruitment, and suitable numbers moved on, we can close the gab on the OF. Don't hold your breath though, it's at least 4 years away. 

Edited by innerjambo

Selkirkhmfc1874
15 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Once more we need to find our mojo, more than ever this year, we must finish 3rd. 

Fail to do so, and we will be seen as weak, with very weak and unreliable management in place. These players have potential, but there are numerous questions that, quite frankly, go unanswered. Fitness levels, hunger, desire, football ability, mobility. These are all something we lack, and all too often, which is very noticeable. We are a very long way from the finished article, or anywhere near it unfortunately. With great recruitment, and suitable numbers moved on, we can close the gab on the OF. Don't hold your breath though, it's at least 4 years away. 

We'll finish 3rd with quite a bit to spare imo

Armageddon

Secure third then give the young boys valuable experience to bring them on for next season 👏🏼

Hearts1975
15 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

We aren't closing the gap on the OF, not now, and certainly not in 4 years time. This is one of the big problems at the moment. Benchmarking. They have far too much turnover to stay ahead of us - as things stand.  

We need to concentrate on ourselves and only ourselves. That's the only thing we can effect. 

On another note if we lack fitness levels, hunger, desire, mobility, football ability etc, the stats say, out with the OF, we are the best in the whole of Scotland. By a long shot. 

FarmerTweedy
37 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

We don't have St.Johnstone, apart from tomorrow, the final 4 fixtures before the split are

16Mar Ross County (A)
30Mar Kilmarnock (H)
06Apr St Mirren  (A)
13Apr Livingston (H)

Neither we do, and the bizarre thing is, I know we've got each of those other fixtures, and that we've only four games left to the split after celtic, but my brain still decided for a minute that there's a St Johnstone game in there. Temporary brainfart!

FarmerTweedy
23 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Mobility, quite often yes.  Football ability, sometimes.  The rest?  Nope, not even remotely.  We regularly finish games strongly, quite often dominating the last half hour, sometimes the whole second half, winning a number of games with relatively, or very, late goals, some of them coming from behind to do so. If we lacked fitness levels, hunger or desire, we'd either not have the energy levels to be able to produce these goals late in games, or we wouldn't have the fight to actually go and do it.

We are a long way off the teams that have budgets several times the size of ours, and we're certainly by no means the finished article, but folk who don't see hunger and desire in abundance must have their eyes painted on, and those who think a team lacking in fitness can score as many goals in the last third of games as we've done this season have some very odd logic.

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Ross County didn't outplay us.  They were probably slightly better in the first half and had a good spell in the second half after we'd been denied a stonewall penalty, took their two good chances in that spell, then we got our act together again and were the better team from that point on, got ourselves level and really should have won the game.

Hibs, I'll give you, they did outplay us a bit on Wednesday and we were fortunate to get the draw.

Motherwell?  Never in a million years. We were easily better than them, a ten minute spell at the start of the second half aside, although struggled for a fair while to cut open their defence. 

Aberdeen up there?  Yeah, certainly in the second half. 

Dundee?  Nope.  At home, there was very little in it in the first half other than them finishing their couple of good chances better than we did ours. In the second half, we totally outplayed them and could and should have scored about half a dozen at least.  Up there, there wasn't really an awful lot in it, they probably had a couple more good chances than us over the 90 that they missed, but they didn't outplay us. We were fortunate to win, but certainly were worth a draw.

We're not constantly garbage in the first half, we've usually played decent but with a frustrating lack of cutting edge in attack against teams defending in numbers.  Naismith's job isn't in any danger at all if we carry on playing as we have been, last couple of games aside, obviously. 

Get a grip ffs, we haven’t taken the lead in the first half for months apart from Celtic away. He sets up the team then has to change it every game, you may not think his job is in danger but if we capitulate again like we did last season these players will place another limited manager under pressure. We haven’t played well for a whole game or outplayed anyone all season. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Mobility, quite often yes.  Football ability, sometimes.  The rest?  Nope, not even remotely.  We regularly finish games strongly, quite often dominating the last half hour, sometimes the whole second half, winning a number of games with relatively, or very, late goals, some of them coming from behind to do so. If we lacked fitness levels, hunger or desire, we'd either not have the energy levels to be able to produce these goals late in games, or we wouldn't have the fight to actually go and do it.

We are a long way off the teams that have budgets several times the size of ours, and we're certainly by no means the finished article, but folk who don't see hunger and desire in abundance must have their eyes painted on, and those who think a team lacking in fitness can score as many goals in the last third of games as we've done this season have some very odd logic.

Only when the manager changes the tactics/formation/team from what he started with and worked on all wee.

Chuck Berry
12 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Get a grip ffs, we haven’t taken the lead in the first half for months apart from Celtic away. He sets up the team then has to change it every game, you may not think his job is in danger but if we capitulate again like we did last season these players will place another limited manager under pressure. We haven’t played well for a whole game or outplayed anyone all season. 

Today? Lol

ScandinavianJambo

Might Judy have sealed third 🥉. What a display.

People still going on about us "capitulating" yesterday. That's 10 wins and 1 defeat in the last 13 in the league.

More points than we finished with last season as well.

Armageddon
1 minute ago, DC_92 said:

People still going on about us "capitulating" yesterday. That's 10 wins and 1 defeat in the last 13 in the league.

More points than we finished with last season as well.

"BUT BUT BUT!!!!"

Victorian

13 ahead.  27 available.  If we got zero,  St.Mirren would need 5 wins from 9.

It's somewhere north of 95% done.

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Today? Lol

In my defence I was absolutely steaming, my hangover left me early on as we started so well again against them today though 😆.
Hopefully we can do that every week now. 

Chuck Berry
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

In my defence I was absolutely steaming, my hangover left me early on as we started so well again against them today though 😆.
Hopefully we can do that every week now. 

Get back on it then.

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Might Judy have sealed third 🥉. What a display.

Im going for top of the table...why not :) 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Chuck Berry said:

Get back on it then.

I am 🤪, cheers 🍻

Pasquale for King

What were you all worried about ffs ❤️😱🤔😆🤪😜🤦🏽?!?!

ScandinavianJambo
1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Im going for top of the table...why not :) 

And I have no idea who Judy is 😂. Damned predictive text.

If the Uglies implode why not 😉

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

And I have no idea who Judy is 😂. Damned predictive text.

If the Uglies implode why not 😉

Yeah thought it was predictive text. Made me laugh anyway.:) 

GinRummy

@Watt-Zeefuik today was the day. I wasn’t convinced by your post earlier on the week but the 6 points we’ve taken from the Tim’s recently has made us very comfortable. HHGH

Nookie Bear
5 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

We are all obsessed with you 😜

ScandinavianJambo
7 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I will be smiling all week 😁

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Victorian said:

If they beat us twice, it's 3 other games!

Ahhhh!

Bazzas right boot

"We haven't out played anyone all season"

"Limited manager"

Right up there with dropping Shankland as the most ridiculous thing most recently posted on here.

Absolute horse shite.

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

We are all obsessed with you 😜

😂😎

JudyJudyJudy
12 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

I will be smiling all week 😁

Aye it’s a great win , looking forward to highlights later and the analysis 

ScandinavianJambo
Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

It is one of them one can enjoy, mull over, and enjoy some more 👍

Watt-Zeefuik
21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

@Watt-Zeefuik today was the day. I wasn’t convinced by your post earlier on the week but the 6 points we’ve taken from the Tim’s recently has made us very comfortable. HHGH

I’m still going with my 2ppg max from the chasing teams. By that, we eliminated Hibs from third today but Killie and St. Mirren are theoretically still in range.

6 more points for us or the equivalent dropped by those two and it’s over.

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

It is one of them one can enjoy, mull over, and enjoy some more 👍

Yep 👍 

FarmerTweedy

What a load of shite. I suppose you're consistent at least, almost everything you post is utter shite and relentlessly negative.  I'll just leave you to get on with it.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Watt-Zeefuik said:

I’m still going with my 2ppg max from the chasing teams. By that, we eliminated Hibs from third today but Killie and St. Mirren are theoretically still in range.

One or both will drop between 2- 6 points as they play each other.

Chuck Berry
3 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

They play each other next league game. Neither are going to put a run together, and we'll continue to rack-up points.

Watt-Zeefuik
7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

One or both will drop between 2- 6 points as they play each other.

4 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

They play each other next league game. Neither are going to put a run together, and we'll continue to rack-up points.

I mean that’s my strong expectation as well, but we didn’t see Aberdeen’s charge coming last season.

I will say this, after today 4th and a European spot of some sort is 100% done and dusted. And with that the past 3 season run ties our best three season league run since 1960.

The cup win is just going to make it extra special. :verysmug:

Doc Rob
29 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Where can we get highlights?

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Where can we get highlights?

Sportscene tonight 

Doc Rob
6 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Sportscene tonight 

Cheers

soonbe110
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

If we get zero then that’s two St.Mirren wins. So they need 3 wins from 7. 

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

What a load of shite. I suppose you're consistent at least, almost everything you post is utter shite and relentlessly negative.  I'll just leave you to get on with it.

Not today though, chuffed to **** 👍🏽🤣🤪.

soonbe110
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Win next two and it’s done. It’s even possible, depending other results, we can officially clinch it in Paisley. 

51 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

And Ross County and Livi before the split feel like very good opportunities to get them. 

Those games book-ending Killie and Midden is a decent run of fixtures. 

And as of today more than twice the points total of Aberdeen who apparently were a dead cert of 3rd this season. 

bobskeldon
21 hours ago, davemclaren said:

...but we have beaten most of them. 

Have we won well or won whilst being mediocre?