• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FarmerTweedy

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Pasquale for King

• jr ewing

Mikey1874
17 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Once more we need to find our mojo, more than ever this year, we must finish 3rd. 

Fail to do so, and we will be seen as weak, with very weak and unreliable management in place. These players have potential, but there are numerous questions that, quite frankly, go unanswered. Fitness levels, hunger, desire, football ability, mobility. These are all something we lack, and all too often, which is very noticeable. We are a very long way from the finished article, or anywhere near it unfortunately. With great recruitment, and suitable numbers moved on, we can close the gab on the OF. Don't hold your breath though, it's at least 4 years away. 

Wasn't true before today. Certainly not true today. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Win next two and it’s done. It’s even possible, depending other results, we can officially clinch it in Paisley. 

Nah, one more win and 58 points will do it (and that’s losing all our other games).  Relax guys, it’s in the bag. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Mikey1874
8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Nah, one more win and 58 points will do it (and that’s losing all our other games).  Relax guys, it’s in the bag. 

Hopefully be closer to Celtic than 4th place is to us. 

davemclaren
2 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

Have we won well or won whilst being mediocre?

All winning by Hearts is well imo. Try to enjoy it. 

Cameronstheman
19 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Once more we need to find our mojo, more than ever this year, we must finish 3rd. 

Fail to do so, and we will be seen as weak, with very weak and unreliable management in place. These players have potential, but there are numerous questions that, quite frankly, go unanswered. Fitness levels, hunger, desire, football ability, mobility. These are all something we lack, and all too often, which is very noticeable. We are a very long way from the finished article, or anywhere near it unfortunately. With great recruitment, and suitable numbers moved on, we can close the gab on the OF. Don't hold your breath though, it's at least 4 years away. 

Crystal ball alert  if ever and by and large a pile of shite 

20 hours ago, innerjambo said:

What a load of absolute garbage. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

That’s it in the can now. Brilliant

Not confirmed. The board and management team hav to go. 

ToadKiller Dog

Job is done but we can't just relax ,let's see if we can make 70pts .

17 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Job is done but we can't just relax ,let's see if we can make 70pts .

15 points from 9 games. Doable. 

Jambo in Bathgate
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

All winning by Hearts is well imo. Try to enjoy it. 

👍

hughesie27

The focus now shifts to the Scottish Cup. Need to do everything we can to ensure nobody but us or the OF win it. 

merseyjambo

St Mirren and Killie play each other next. Draw between them and a win for us at County and it is definitely over.

The big question really is whether Rangers can get past Hibs in cup next weekend. 

If they can and we get through (as I fully expect Celtic to turn over Livi) then we should be looking at European Competition group fixtures.

By The Light..
7 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

St Mirren and Killie play each other next. Draw between them and a win for us at County and it is definitely over.

The big question really is whether Rangers can get past Hibs in cup next weekend. 

If they can and we get through (as I fully expect Celtic to turn over Livi) then we should be looking at European Competition group fixtures.

No probs if Hibs beat Rangers though is it and we get the wee team at Hampden, bring it on

• 2 weeks later...
Watt-Zeefuik

Mirren:

Current points: 42

Maximum possible points: 69

Reasonable maximum possible points (2ppg): 60

Killie:

Kurrent points: 41

Maximum possible points: 68

Reasonable maximum possible points (2ppg): 59

Killie and Mirren play this weekend. If we win at Dingwall, the loser of their game will be effectively eliminated from third regardless. If they draw, we can probably call it a day.

Focus on our business first, County get 100% attention on Saturday. 
Would be nice to put in a decent performance and bag a few goals, but let’s concentrate on what needs done to ensure three points come back down the road.

• 4 weeks later...
Watt-Zeefuik

Maximum mathematically possible points from remaining contenders for third:

Kilmarnock: 64

St. Mirren: 61

Dundee: 60

Hibs: 59 (I'm not actually sure there's a combination of results under which they end up third,  but just based on points available they could get to 59 if they won all their remaining games and we lost all ours and they overcame a 17 GD gap. Of course they probably won't make the split. :lol:)

Two more wins and third is officially ours. In our absolute worst six game stretches last season, we totaled 3 points. With the very small caveat that so long as we don't do worse than our worst from last season, and no chasing team manages an undefeated run-in during a period when the OF will be voracious for points because of the title race, we can't be caught.

The race for third is over. It's ours.

gregzy2k7

Beat livi at home in the next match and it's done and dusted imo.

If we do, We could actually lose every game post split and still finish 3rd imo.

Great effort from the team this season!! To even be in this position is absolutely outstanding 👏 👌 🙌 

karipidis
29 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Hibs: 59 (I'm not actually sure there's a combination of results under which they end up third,  but just based on points available they could get to 59 if they won all their remaining games and we lost all ours and they overcame a 17 GD gap. Of course they probably won't make the split. :lol:)

Two more wins and third is officially ours. In our absolute worst six game stretches last season, we totaled 3 points. With the very small caveat that so long as we don't do worse than our worst from last season, and no chasing team manages an undefeated run-in during a period when the OF will be voracious for points because of the title race, we can't be caught.

Hibs can not end on 59. 56 is the maximum. 

Watt-Zeefuik
42 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Hibs can not end on 59. 56 is the maximum. 

FFS you're right. My mistake.

John Findlay

Mathematically, Hibs can no longer end level or above Heart of Midlothian this season. Pleasing.

Bickfest
4 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

I think Kilmarnock could theoretically get to 66 points. To do so, of course, they'd have to beat both OF teams and us. Not impossible, but I would suggest highly improbable. Nevertheless, we can't take our foot off the gas just yet.

Edited by Bickfest

Rockwell
44 minutes ago, Bickfest said:

I think Kilmarnock could theoretically get to 66 points. To do so, of course, they'd have to beat both OF teams and us. Not impossible, but I would suggest highly improbable. Nevertheless, we can't take our foot off the gas just yet.

They also have to beat st Johnstone in Perth and st mirren. highly unlikely they will even get close to 60 points never mind 66

jamboinglasgow
3 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

If we do, We could actually lose every game post split and still finish 3rd imo.

Great effort from the team this season!! To even be in this position is absolutely outstanding 👏 👌 🙌 

I would agree, we win then Kilmarnock require 5 wins from the remaining 6 games (this includes next weekends game for them.)

pettigrewsstylist

3 points next week allows us to start looking forward properly IMO.

Deodato
3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Mathematically, Hibs can no longer end level or above Heart of Midlothian this season. Pleasing.

That's cos they're a hut of shyete. 

Deodato
5 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I agree with this calculation. 

JKB - one other scenario is the impact of six pointers - have we got that figured out (we win vs. Killie lose) 

Watt-Zeefuik
4 hours ago, Bickfest said:

FFS I need to learn to stop doing these things when I'm close to falling asleep. Of course 48+18 is 66 not 64.

Technicality, of course, Killie aren't beating the OF twice.

Gorgierools

So,are we likely to get Killy and St Mirren home or away?

Rockwell
7 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

Think it will be rangers and st.mirren at home Celtic Killie and 6th placed team away 

1 minute ago, Rockwell said:

Think it will be rangers and st.mirren at home Celtic Killie and 6th placed team away 

Pish if we have to go to Dens for a 3rd time in a season, although I'd be happy with same outcome as our last visit

tian447

1 more win against Livingston, and we go into the split with 62 points. 

Killie might beat St Johnstone, and they'd have 51, 11 behind with 15 to play for. 

What we ideally want is Killie to drop points, St Mirren will likely get beat by Celtic, and then we're just needing one win or a couple of dropped points elsewhere and we're done. 

Realistically it's done already. Killie are not going to win every game until the end of the season, and neither are St Mirren. 

Bazzas right boot

70 points is still achievable.

4 wins from our final 6 games.

Big ask tho after dropped points v killie and Ross County. 

FarmerTweedy
6 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

3 points next week allows us to start looking forward properly IMO.

Nah, we can do that already.  The only way we're getting caught for 3rd now is if we do something like going into administration or failing to pay wages or bills to HMRC on time between now and the end of the season, incurring a points deduction. 

FarmerTweedy
6 hours ago, Deodato said:

I agree with this calculation. 

JKB - one other scenario is the impact of six pointers - have we got that figured out (we win vs. Killie lose) 

There are no six pointers. Only three pointers.

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

Very difficult to say.

After the split, each half of the table sees three teams play three games at home and two away, and the other three teams play two at home and three away.

If Dundee manage to hold onto their top 6 place at the split, there'll be three teams who've played 17 home and 16 away, and three who've played 16 home and 17 away.  The ones that have had 17 at home will be the ones that get two more at home, meaning everyone ends up with 19 home and 19 away.  However, if Motherwell or the vermin sneak into 6th, we'll have four teams in the top 6 that have had 17 home games. One of them will have to be given three more, for a total of 20 home and only 18 away, and I think it would be highly likely to be us, as we'll be the team that's least likely to change position in the table, so there should be least chance of the extra home game materially influencing anything such as the title or European qualification.

Looking at where we've already played teams, we've been away twice and home once to Rangers, St Liedown, and Dundee, and home twice and away once to celtic, killie, the vermin and Motherwell. The league will generally try to balance fixtures out to two at home and two away against each team, but that's secondary to balancing out the 19/19 total where possible. If Dundee do stay in 6th, we'll at the very least have to play a third away game against rangers, St Liedown or Dundee. If Motherwell or the vermin get 6th, we'll probably find ourselves playing someone at home for a third time.

LarrysRightFoot
14 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Very difficult to say.

After the split, each half of the table sees three teams play three games at home and two away, and the other three teams play two at home and three away.

If Dundee manage to hold onto their top 6 place at the split, there'll be three teams who've played 17 home and 16 away, and three who've played 16 home and 17 away.  The ones that have had 17 at home will be the ones that get two more at home, meaning everyone ends up with 19 home and 19 away.  However, if Motherwell or the vermin sneak into 6th, we'll have four teams in the top 6 that have had 17 home games. One of them will have to be given three more, for a total of 20 home and only 18 away, and I think it would be highly likely to be us, as we'll be the team that's least likely to change position in the table, so there should be least chance of the extra home game materially influencing anything such as the title or European qualification.

Looking at where we've already played teams, we've been away twice and home once to Rangers, St Liedown, and Dundee, and home twice and away once to celtic, killie, the vermin and Motherwell. The league will generally try to balance fixtures out to two at home and two away against each team, but that's secondary to balancing out the 19/19 total where possible. If Dundee do stay in 6th, we'll at the very least have to play a third away game against rangers, St Liedown or Dundee. If Motherwell or the vermin get 6th, we'll probably find ourselves playing someone at home for a third time.

I know there’s a separate thread on league structure but what a bloody joke the split is. 

Byyy The Light
2 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I know there’s a separate thread on league structure but what a bloody joke the split is. 

How they’ve got away with this nonsense I’ll never know. Yet people still defend it as being the best option.

On topic, we need 2 wins I think. 

Fxxx the SPFL

Killie, Mhanks and Well away Huns and St liedown at home

LarrysRightFoot
19 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

How they’ve got away with this nonsense I’ll never know. Yet people still defend it as being the best option.

On topic, we need 2 wins I think. 

I thought you were an Aberdeen fan? Am I confusing you with someone? 

I think a win v Livi will do it. That’d mean Killie would need to win 5 from 6 (including their next game which is away to St Johnstone I think?)

Just now, LarrysRightFoot said:

I think a win v Livi will do it. That’d mean Killie would need to win 5 from 6 (including their next game which is away to St Johnstone I think?)

You're thinking of another poster I've seen the light or something 

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

We’ve already done it, no more points required.  No danger anyone else is getting 59 points.  However, it’s important to keep momentum for the cup.  

LarrysRightFoot
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We’ve already done it, no more points required.  No danger anyone else is getting 59 points.  However, it’s important to keep momentum for the cup.  

I’d be surprised if they did. But I’ve had in my head all along that 60 points was the target so I want us to (at least) achieve that. 

Also, no disrespect to Livi, but at home we should be aiming to beat the team at the bottom of the league (we should aim to beat everyone at home). 

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Don't tempt fate. 😩 

They've already beaten both the uglies this season and recently Rogered St Mirren 

:sob:

Hopes Levein can get St Johnstone up for Saturday 

PaddysBar
3 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I’d be surprised if they did. But I’ve had in my head all along that 60 points was the target so I want us to (at least) achieve that. 

Also, no disrespect to Livi, but at home we should be aiming to beat the team at the bottom of the league (we should aim to beat everyone at home). 

Only wins can save Livi now so that should give us some space on Saturday. 

A game for McKay 👍 

LarrysRightFoot
39 minutes ago, Hansel said:

You're thinking of another poster I've seen the light or something 

Thanks. My apologies @Byyy The Light

Watt-Zeefuik
9 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Can't be said often enough.