Lembikisa/Atkinson ( merged )

gorgieroar

gorgieroar

Am I the only who thought the second half atleast was crying out for dexter lembikisa to run at the defence with his pace as why was Kent not taken off 

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Fozzyonthefence

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Walter Kidd

Just now, gorgieroar said:

Am I the only who thought the second half atleast was crying out for dexter lembikisa to run at the defence with his pace as why was Kent not taken off 

100% spot on.

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

He should have started. Atkinson is a ****ing joke. 

Too right.

gorgieroar

They couldn't handle Atkinson running at them Dexter would have destroyed them feck even Benni went past them 

Edited by gorgieroar

cosanostra

I like him better than Atkinson tbh.

Why do we always seem to need a right back? We usually seem to be pretty good at finding left backs but we always seem to struggle with right full backs.

Better call Saul
4 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

This 

pettigrewsstylist
Just now, hearts00 said:

I really dont want to be negative but that was a truly awful performance from Atkinson. 

Hot on the heels of Saturday. 

AlimOzturk

We need a better right back for next season. Someone solid defensively.

In a back 4 you have to defend your lines better but Atkinson was getting caught to far up the field and the Hibs wingers just had to time him. Which they did constantly. he doesn’t have that extra man at the back to cover his ass. 

Famous 1874

Atkinson with an all timer disaster class. Honestly was so bad. I don’t think he’s going to live up to his ‘potential’

Get rid in the summer. 

Watt-Zeefuik

We were absolutely horrendous defensively in the first half so yeah, let's put on a worse defender.

Greedy Jambo

Only at Hearts can the fans be told that our only priority is signing a new RB, then we end up starting Atkinson at ibrox, he has an absolute nightmare, then he starts again in an Edinburgh Derby.

SomethingAboutObua

Don't get how he didn't at least come on for Vargas ahead of Pollok, Naismith"s changes have been good but got that wrong today 

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

We need a better right back for next season. Someone solid defensively.

In a back 4 you have to defend your lines better but Atkinson was getting caught to far up the field and the Hibs wingers just had to time him. Which they did constantly. he doesn’t have that extra man at the back to cover his ass. 

To be fair to him be got zero help from Vargas who was cheating. Maybe he was told to cheat as in stay up the park but he did not track his man properly. 

I just can’t get my head round that game. I kept waiting for Hearts to take control. We had 15 mins in first half, that was it. 

Really really frustrating night, with the only positive for me that we didnt lose to a poor Hibs team. 

No Idle Talk

I would have brought him on with fifteen minutes to go but actually not for Atkinson. I would have brought him on for Vargas. Him picking the ball up further up the field and running at their defence as they pushed forward could have caused a few problems I thought. Vargas had run his race by that stage. 

I can understand folk saying he should have been brought on for Atkinson. I thought Atkinson was garbage again. I don't rate him and would be quite happy to see him sold in the summer.

Jamb04life

Get the impression Naisy trusts Atkinson more when it comes to defending. Especially in a back 4. Expect Lembikisa to come back in after Celtic 

gorgieroar

Hearts were screaming for pace the last 20mins hibs defence was all over the place  why bring him to the club if not going to use him

No Idle Talk
4 minutes ago, Jamb04life said:

Get the impression Naisy trusts Atkinson more when it comes to defending. Especially in a back 4. Expect Lembikisa to come back in after Celtic 

I'd say you are almost certainly correct in that assertion. Truth be told though, neither of them are good defenders. 

Captain Lithuania
6 minutes ago, Jamb04life said:

I’d love to know why cause he is consistently 15 yards too far up the pitch. He always looks like he’s got a concussion and he’s forgot what he’s doing. Dexter must be wondering what is going on. 

Saint Jambo
5 minutes ago, Jamb04life said:

Naismith trusts Atkinson more defensively because despite a poor performance tonight, he is a better defender. He might go with Lembikisa at the weekend but only if Atkinson is knackered and we go to a back 3. Playing Lembikisa in a back 4 against Celtic could get messy.

Parttimer1874

Kent shouldn't have signalled he was ok when asked. By the time he was obviously f*cked we'd used our three stoppages for substitutions albeit with only four players.

John Findlay
25 minutes ago, gorgieroar said:

Imho yes. It wasn't a game for him.

20 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

I really dont want to be negative but that was a truly awful performance from Atkinson. 

2/2 absolute car crash performances. Maybe going for a triple against Celtic. 

Must replace in the summer. Too inconsistent. 

Drylaw Hearts

He should have replaced Vargas early in the second half.

But imo…..he was the wrong signing in January. We needed a steady RB and got an inexperienced RWB.

Our options in that position can’t play 442 comfortably as neither are solid defensively.

Robbo-Jambo
27 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

This.

How he lasted 90 mins is a ******* mystery.

Regular John

Knee jerk banishing Lembiska after hooking him at half time against Motherwell then Beni after Rangers.

You need to play your best players, especially in derbies as we're being shown time and time again Atkinson and Devlin aint good enough.

Nelly Terraces

The fact that he never appeared & Atkinson got a full game was just one of the baffling decisions from the manager tonight. 

Sooperstar
Just now, Regular John said:

Knee jerk banishing Lembiska after hooking him at half time against Motherwell then Beni after Rangers.

You need to play your best players, especially in derbies as we're being shown time and time again Atkinson and Devlin aint good enough.

Yep. Lembikisa had a bad 45 minutes for us after a very solid few games. Now he's out for ****ing Atkinson, who has been dodgy since day ****ing 1.

32 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Atkinson was a disgrace tonight. Cochrane much the same. 

11 minutes ago, Regular John said:

The return of Atkinson and Devlin certainly hasn’t improved us.

In Dexter we seem to have Atkinson Mark 2, decent going forward but weak defensively. But I would have chosen to play Dexter tonight as his pace would have been an issue for Hibs.

LogicalEric

Not convinced about either of them in all honesty. Dexter was absolutely rotten against Motherwell and Atkinson done well he replaced him...he's totally failed to grasp that opportunity with his performances against Rangers and tonight however. 

Atkinson and Devlin were dreadful tonight, brought nothing to the game, Fraser plays like he's towing a caravan.

skacel103
42 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

It was but dexter can't defend either. Although would offer more going forward. We really haven't replaced micheal smith. 

Rocky jamboa

How Atkinson kept his place after his horror show on Saturday I'll never know. 

Lembikisa isn't the best defender but he's still better than Atkinson and far better going forward. 

A right back must be one of the key targets for the summer - same as it was last summer! 

9 minutes ago, feej said:

Atkinson and Devlin were dreadful tonight, brought nothing to the game, Fraser plays like he's towing a caravan.

Devlin has been out for ages.  He was average compared to what he normally can give and he only really burst into a short spell of life in the second half.

My worry is Naismith is imposing on him too much to change his game.  It was discussed in the press a while back.  It may have been lack of match fitness but he just looked cagey to me as if he was trying to get used to playing more reserved.  

It’s the worst thing to try and change a player from playing how he naturally plays.  He’s all action in style, likes to get about the pitch , make tackles, close down.  You aren’t going to turn him into a Paul Hartley. 

35 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Yep. Lembikisa had a bad 45 minutes for us after a very solid few games. Now he's out for ****ing Atkinson, who has been dodgy since day ****ing 1.

i thought we were fairly relaxed as a club about homosexuality. Seems I was wrong.

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Devlin has been out for ages.  He was average compared to what he normally can give and he only really burst into a short spell of life in the second half.

My worry is Naismith is imposing on him too much to change his game.  It was discussed in the press a while back.  It may have been lack of match fitness but he just looked cagey to me as if he was trying to get used to playing more reserved.  

It’s the worst thing to try and change a player from playing how he naturally plays.  He’s all action in style, likes to get about the pitch , make tackles, close down.  You aren’t going to turn him into a Paul Hartley. 

To me he seemed lost in the first half, it could have been cos they had an extra man in there but he did seem to be holding back, start of second half he seemed to have been pushed up but again that didn't suit him.

I'm not sure what they do with him.

I think I’ve just about lost it with Atkinson now to be honest. The guy has been here 2 years now, and he’s not improved one bit. Everything that was an issue with his game when he joined is still an issue now.

Average against most teams, a consistent problem in the derbies and OF matches. We can do so much better

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Have you seen Dextra trying to defend?

Honestly think Dexter has the flu or COVID. His last start you could see he was really struggling and it was only the first half.

Natty, came back from Australia and still seems to have jet lag

saxondale
1 hour ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

We were absolutely horrendous defensively in the first half so yeah, let's put on a worse defender.

Exactly. Some people just don't think.

Do we have a decent RB in the B team

He seriously couldn’t be worse than Atkinson, awful tonight, awful on Saturday, ( I heard he was caught in possession 7 times on the ball at Ibrox, once or twice is bad enough)

What we would give for a Michael Smith 

11 minutes ago, liam11 said:

I think I’ve just about lost it with Atkinson now to be honest. The guy has been here 2 years now, and he’s not improved one bit. Everything that was an issue with his game when he joined is still an issue now.

Average against most teams, a consistent problem in the derbies and OF matches. We can do so much better

I have never seen a more one footed footballer than Atkinson, becoming a bigger liability as every game passes

• davemclaren changed the title to Lembikisa/Atkinson ( merged )