Lembikisa/Atkinson ( merged )

gorgieroar

RustyRightPeg

On a side note, that strip is gorgeous. Very simple but really nice.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Fozzyonthefence

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Walter Kidd

upgotheheads

I would like to see Lembikisa back, but I'm not convinced he's a better player than Atkinson. Atkinson is more mobile and I have seen nothing to suggest that Lembikisa is a better fullback.

chester copperpot
37 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I would like to see Lembikisa back, but I'm not convinced he's a better player than Atkinson. Atkinson is more mobile and I have seen nothing to suggest that Lembikisa is a better fullback.

He is

Spellczech
58 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Have to confess I'm a little disappointed that we went to market to get another RWB and managed to get one who has both the same strength and the same weakness as the one we already had...

I like Lembikisa.  He's only gone and scored a brilliant goal.   The header v Dundee was good.   I can't remember Atkinson doing either yet.   Both have some defensive mistakes but play different in attack.   Depending what you need out the game either could start. 

I wouldn't mind signing him permanent.   That was before the Jamaica goal.   Even more so now. 

ToadKiller Dog

Dexter is 20 and is more developed than Atkinson at 24 .

Dexter we might get back next season or Wolves will test him in the English Championship, he will have career above Atkinson

No slight on Atkinson who is ok at our level when he concentrates but he won't likely play for a much bigger club than us .

Super_Hans
4 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I like Lembikisa.  He's only gone and scored a brilliant goal.   The header v Dundee was good.   I can't remember Atkinson doing either yet.   Both have some defensive mistakes but play different in attack.   Depending what you need out the game either could start. 

I wouldn't mind signing him permanent.   That was before the Jamaica goal.   Even more so now. 

Atkinson scored a with a volley from outside the box against Killie to be fair to him.

Lembikisa the better player for me though

42 minutes ago, Super_Hans said:

Atkinson scored a with a volley from outside the box against Killie to be fair to him.

Lembikisa the better player for me though

That's true.   It was a great equaliser.   He's scored a couple of scrappy back post goals as well.   Good that he got into those positions.   

When he's had chances shooting he's come up short unfortunately.   Coming at angle across goal.   Some decisions to cross have been poor as well.  

They're different style players.   Atkinson comes inside centrally more while Lembikisa tends to stick to the wing.   Although that Jamaica goal was coming from the wing to central. 

I dunno.   I prefer Lembikisa as well.   

Atkinson still needs improving positionally, decisions, and final ball.   Maybe it just won't work out long term.