Lembikisa/Atkinson ( merged )

gorgieroar

We've not seen a lot of Lembikisa yet, but I don't think there is much to choose between them. Although, Atkinson is very inconsistent so you never know what you're going to get.

I very much doubt Dexter will be here next season and we need to sign a proper right back, especially if we want to make a back four work.

Wonder if we could get someone like Jordan Williams. 24 year captain at Barnsley, out of contract in the summer. Right back who can fill in at CB if needed. A defender first and foremost.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Fozzyonthefence

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Walter Kidd

kingantti1874
Just now, Pingu said:

We've not seen a lot of Lembikisa yet, but I don't think there is much to choose between them. Although, Atkinson is very inconsistent so you never know what you're going to get.

I very much doubt Dexter will be here next season and we need to sign a proper right back, especially if we want to make a back four work.

Wonder if we could get someone like Jordan Williams. 24 year captain at Barnsley, out of contract in the summer. Right back who can fill in at CB if needed. A defender first and foremost.

we were interested in Ryan Strain last summer but were quoted a big price.

sign him on a pre 

GorgieFifeLife
9 hours ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

We would’ve been better with 50 year old Michael smith at RB tonight 

That’s a 100% certainty.

GorgieFifeLife
9 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Lembikisa I don’t think offers much more. If any more at all.  

Nonsense

Fozzyonthefence
45 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

Hibs doubled up on Atkinson and Vargas gave him absolutely zero help same as Saturday. More on our manager for keeping allowing that to happen than the player but let the ****ing dimwits in our support crack on. ****ing Hibs behaviour.

Open your eyes, he was awful last night.  Again.   He’s not good enough.  Never has been, never will be. 

Same as Saturday?  Vargas didn’t even start, he came on at 4-0 but yeah let’s blame a player that was on the bench for the first 4 goals!

Hibs behaviour?😂😂 That’s delusion, bombarding players with missiles and generally acting like scum.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

A_A wehatethehibs

I am not, never have been and dont think ever will be a fan of Atkinson. I believe Robbie was correct in his assessment that he was in the bin, should’ve been moved on last summer.

Got a reprieve under the new manager and bounced back a little, but for me, Naismith will come eventually to the same conclusion as Robbie had: Atkinson is a poor defender and will always be a weak link. We need a stronger RB / RWB. That conclusion has always been inevitable IMO. 

As for Dexter, I’ve liked most of what I’ve seen of him. But I don’t know if he’s the answer long term. Needs to take his chance now if he gets it. 

8 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I am not, never have been and dont think ever will be a fan of Atkinson. I believe Robbie was correct in his assessment that he was in the bin, should’ve been moved on last summer.

Got a reprieve under the new manager and bounced back a little, but for me, Naismith will come eventually to the same conclusion as Robbie had: Atkinson is a poor defender and will always be a weak link. We need a stronger RB / RWB. That conclusion has always been inevitable IMO. 

As for Dexter, I’ve liked most of what I’ve seen of him. But I don’t know if he’s the answer long term. Needs to take his chance now if he gets it. 

I never really gave up hope for Atkinson but it does seem like one step forward and two back with him at times. Just not seen enough of Dexter to say if I like him or not. 

More generally, I think there’ll be more ins and outs in the summer than Naismith has hinted at. I’m sure by the end of the season RB will be even more of a priority than it was in the last window. 

Edited by GinRummy

Fozzyonthefence
45 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Good summary but I think Dexter looks like he could be even worse defensively than Atkinson but more effective going forward.  Suitable for some games but not against the top teams or anyone with a good left winger.

Walter Kidd
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Open your eyes, he was awful last night.  Again.   He’s not good enough.  Never has been, never will be. 

Same as Saturday?  Vargas didn’t even start, he came on at 4-0 but yeah let’s blame a player that was on the bench for the first 4 goals!

Hibs behaviour?😂😂 That’s delusion, bombarding players with missiles and generally acting like scum.

Were you at the game pal?  He got taken off for Tagawa on the hour.  Thanks.

hisnameis
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

we did. It was agreed but went on hold when we sacked neilson and then Aberdeen came in.  It is what it is 

I know but i meant we should have continued the pursuit of Devlin as we have known Natty is humpty for a while now

Atkinson is a terrible football player. Never has been and never will be good enough for Heart of Midlothian.

Fozzyonthefence
22 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

Were you at the game pal?  He got taken off for Tagawa on the hour.  Thanks.

Apologies, thought he came on rather than off after an hour!  It was Forrest I was thinking of who had been surprisingly left out on Saturday.  No, I wasn’t at the game and didn’t fancy watching the lowlights. 

Walter Kidd?  More like Albert Kidd.  And I see you’re on another thread condoning the Hibs scum last night so I couldn’t give a flying **** what you think.  Just stick to slagging off Hearts fans and sooking up to the vermin. 

Walter Kidd
7 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Apologies, thought he came on rather than off after an hour!  It was Forrest I was thinking of who had been surprisingly left out on Saturday.  No, I wasn’t at the game and didn’t fancy watching the lowlights. 

Walter Kidd?  More like Albert Kidd.  And I see you’re on another thread condoning the Hibs scum last night so I couldn’t give a flying **** what you think.  Just stick to slagging off Hearts fans and sooking up to the vermin. 

Proper Hearts Men go to Ibrox

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

Proper Hearts Men go to Ibrox

Ok Albert.  Were you one of the sad old guys pavement dancing before the derby at ER by any chance?

36 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

Atkinson is a terrible football player. Never has been and never will be good enough for Heart of Midlothian.

Extremely harsh.

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, Walter Kidd said:

2 arthritic hips and arthritic knees prevent me from any type of dancing these days.

But not for sticking up for the scum in the away end and whataboutery regarding your supposedly fellow fans. 

Just now, Chimp said:

Extremely harsh.

Yeah, I don't trust him though.

Puts in the most bi-polar performances. Incredible against Motherwell, won us the game. Against Rangers and Hibs? Worse than useless and performances not befitting of an internationally capped footballer. 

I want defenders we can trust and rely on. I think we'd be stupid not to at least look for a "Steady Eddie" type that can replicate Smiths consistency. 

Walter Kidd
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

But not for sticking up for the scum in the away end and whataboutery regarding your supposedly fellow fans. 

I've retracted my comments on that thread and apologised.  Keep up.  You've got an armchair to fill on Saturday.  Come back and tell me the team selection on Monday.

Just now, OTT said:

Yeah, I don't trust him though.

Puts in the most bi-polar performances. Incredible against Motherwell, won us the game. Against Rangers and Hibs? Worse than useless and performances not befitting of an internationally capped footballer. 

I want defenders we can trust and rely on. I think we'd be stupid not to at least look for a "Steady Eddie" type that can replicate Smiths consistency. 

I'm on the fence with him. Just seems to blow hot and cold all the time which is frustrating. One week I like him and think he's the answer, the next he looks a different player. This is the season he needs to make RB his own and he's not really taking his chance as we'll be strengthening in that position in the summer without doubt.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

I've retracted my comments on that thread and apologised.  Keep up.  You've got an armchair to fill on Saturday.  Come back and tell me the team selection on Monday.

Glad to hear it.

Yeah I’ll probably be chilling watching Soccer Saturday or go for a couple of drinks.  Why, what will you be doing on Saturday?

Walter Kidd
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Glad to hear it.

Yeah I’ll probably be chilling watching Soccer Saturday or go for a couple of drinks.  Why, what will you be doing on Saturday?

Golfing.  Haha.  (Made an arse of myself there).

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

Golfing.  Haha.  (Made an arse of myself there).

We all do from time to time.

Bazzas right boot

Aki wasn't as good as Smith, and he still isn't. 

Smith was preferred by every manager when fit.

Sibbick is a poor defender, so also cannot be trusted.

Dexter seems very good going forward,  but even v Airdrie he was rinsed a few times defensively.

Why we never went for Devlin,  who although unspectacular is a good rb and does that job well is beyond me tbh.

Tbf, Aki is generally better than he showed last night , he was poor and had a bad game.

Hopefully we have something lined up in the summer to strength that area. 

It's a bit de ja vou,  we done the same with the ch, we were a year late replacing. 

1 hour ago, Chimp said:

Extremely harsh.

He's the weak link in the team, the better teams have also been fully aware of this and exploited it on so many occasions. 

I don't think Atkinson got much help down his side, but he didn't cover himself in glory either.

Mis-placed passes, tripping over the ball, giving the attacker 10 yards of space instead of closing down to stop the cross etc. He was better in the last 20 mins, but he's too inconsistent and we really need to sort out RB in the summer.

Just now, Tour22 said:

He's the weak link in the team, the better teams have also been fully aware of this and exploited it on so many occasions. 

I agree he can be the weak link at times and he's inconsistent which is a problem. He's shown he has got ability in games, and was doing well when he returned from injury imo. Just don't agree that he's a terrible footballer.

14 hours ago, gorgieroar said:

Am I the only who thought the second half atleast was crying out for dexter lembikisa to run at the defence with his pace as why was Kent not taken off 

Agreed re Kent - as four of the most stupid words in professional football from a player who is injured (never mind going down with it a second time !!!) are "I'll run it off" !!!!!All this ever does is make the injury worse eg. turning a hamstring 3 weeker into a 7 weeker etc. 

Diadora Van Basten

I get the feeling that Naismith has a blind spot for Atkinson.

He loses the ball constantly in dangerous positions (e.g. Rangers first goal). Is a poor defender and rarely beats his man or gets a decent cross across.

How he stayed on the park for the full game in the last two matches is beyond me.

Dexter should be starting but if Atkinson can keep his place after how bad he played against Rangers then he is pretty much undroppable.

Byyy The Light

Atkinson and Devlin looked unbelievably nervous last night.  No conviction or composure whatsoever. Rabbits in the headlights. 

I'd have liked to have seen Dexter run at them and put some of his deliveries in. Would've caused chaos in that back line.

section s heart

Not a fan of Atkinson and after more than 2 years don't think he's making it at this level. He was poor in most respects last night, but as others have said, he got little support as Hibs doubled up on him. Their left winger guy is a handful, and so often Obita broke into space without anyone covering him. Probably Vargas' job. 

Dexter probably isn't what we needed, but if he can quickly learn the discipline of not horsing up the wing all the time, and thinking a bit more like a RB, I'd prefer to use him. No doubt in my mind that when the time is right for him to attack, he offers much more than Atkinson going forward. 

But we need better in the summer. 

pettigrewsstylist

That was a truly horrific performance last night. I gave up counting his horror moments.

12 hours ago, Tour22 said:

Might sound harsh but have to agree. Far too many people defending him

It is quite obvious many don't see what has been happening for years! We play recipe football, the same pap week after week, month after month, manager after manager. We have bright spots, recently a very impressive points haul obviously, but mainly turgid eye bleeding non- football. We retain the ball , generally, for no good reason.....a 6 toed imbecile could pass the ball straight back or side to side! The midfield is neither mid nor defensive nor attacking! Our attacking strength is 1 man! Our defence is so lacking in strength Kent looks brilliant, but is starting to look ordinary! We pull our right back more central defending, leaving a huge gap open to attack and overload, the right back has almost no support in front, is expected to distribute the ball monotonously, while attacking the space up front while also  defending! Dexter is a beast of an athlete and a hopeless defender! Atkinson couldn't control his own pee. His touch, like so many is poor, panicked and repetitive! Why? We look generally unfit, we look poorly coached, we look pretty clueless, we are generally getting away with it because the rest are pretty crap! The hobos easily outfought us last night. They are no great shakes but look up for the fight far more than us! They are crap, but gave us a fright! The super fan will 'bang the drum' and point to the league position, points haul and nice hotel.........a 'football' fan would want the money we spend deliver a better product, a fitter player, with a better touch and some imagination! No doubt the super fan will confirm they are a super fan eh!

davemclaren
Just now, Jambo61 said:

It is quite obvious many don't see what has been happening for years! We play recipe football, the same pap week after week, month after month, manager after manager. We have bright spots, recently a very impressive points haul obviously, but mainly turgid eye bleeding non- football. We retain the ball , generally, for no good reason.....a 6 toed imbecile could pass the ball straight back or side to side! The midfield is neither mid nor defensive nor attacking! Our attacking strength is 1 man! Our defence is so lacking in strength Kent looks brilliant, but is starting to look ordinary! We pull our right back more central defending, leaving a huge gap open to attack and overload, the right back has almost no support in front, is expected to distribute the ball monotonously, while attacking the space up front while also  defending! Dexter is a beast of an athlete and a hopeless defender! Atkinson couldn't control his own pee. His touch, like so many is poor, panicked and repetitive! Why? We look generally unfit, we look poorly coached, we look pretty clueless, we are generally getting away with it because the rest are pretty crap! The hobos easily outfought us last night. They are no great shakes but look up for the fight far more than us! They are crap, but gave us a fright! The super fan will 'bang the drum' and point to the league position, points haul and nice hotel.........a 'football' fan would want the money we spend deliver a better product, a fitter player, with a better touch and some imagination! No doubt the super fan will confirm they are a super fan eh!

3rd/4th/3rd( predicted ) - a decent cake. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Jambo61 said:

Spot on..

Pasquale for King

Anyone catch Atkinson after the game sitting doing the interview without a care in the world, yeah we weren’t great but who cares attitude. These ***** need a rocket up their arse and he should be one of the first out the door this summer. Hes the kind of guy who costs managers their jobs and just shrugs their shoulders. 

Watt-Zeefuik
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

3rd/4th/3rd( predicted ) - a decent cake. 

Yeah, I know this is a weird take, but I like it when Hearts win and are high in the table.

Edited by Watt-Zeefuik

Sub4TiddlerMurray
19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Anyone catch Atkinson after the game sitting doing the interview without a care in the world, yeah we weren’t great but who cares attitude. These ***** need a rocket up their arse and he should be one of the first out the door this summer. Hes the kind of guy who costs managers their jobs and just shrugs their shoulders. 

Wow!
:jj_facepalm:

The one thing no one can criticise Natty for is his commitment when pulling on the jersey 

AlimOzturk

I actually thought we looked far more comfortable when Kingsley was covering RB

Arthur Morgan
On 29/02/2024 at 06:10, John Findlay said:

Boyle wasn't the problem last night.

He was pretty anonymous the whole game. The one time he did break clear in the first half, it was Atkinson who caught him and helped clear with Devlin.

Lembikisa wasn't the answer last night.

That wasn't my point. I mean Sibbick in general looked decent at RB.

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Wow!
:jj_facepalm:

The one thing no one can criticise Natty for is his commitment when pulling on the jersey 

The " He's lazy, he doesn't try, he never gave 100% etc" mob are the most clueless out there.

There's a few of them, they seem to lack any critical thinking and are generally too emotional to evaluate a game or performance so just default to that position. 

It's actually a very lazy way to analyse a game

We don't play well -" lazy, never gave 100%".

It doesn't even make sense.

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

That wasn't my point. I mean Sibbick in general looked decent at RB.

Mmm, he's better there and less of a liability,  but he's still not very good.

Bazzas right boot
59 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I actually thought we looked far more comfortable when Kingsley was covering RB

Yip.

Bazzas right boot
21 hours ago, Walter Kidd said:

"Retracted"

images (4).jpeg

tiger Rudi
21 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aki wasn't as good as Smith, and he still isn't. 

Smith was preferred by every manager when fit.

Sibbick is a poor defender, so also cannot be trusted.

Dexter seems very good going forward,  but even v Airdrie he was rinsed a few times defensively.

Why we never went for Devlin,  who although unspectacular is a good rb and does that job well is beyond me tbh.

Tbf, Aki is generally better than he showed last night , he was poor and had a bad game.

Hopefully we have something lined up in the summer to strength that area. 

It's a bit de ja vou,  we done the same with the ch, we were a year late replacing. 

That about sums it up. Atkinson, has good games, then his performance falls off a cliff some weeks. Not sure why because he's had good games against strong opposition before. 

The preferred formation using wb's leaves gaps on either side when we have an off day and lose possession cheaply. Both wb's are too far up the pitch to defend in these situations. Much prefer a strong experienced back 4 for games against better teams. 

We need an experienced, consistent out and out defender at RB. We don't have one in the squad at the moment, that needs addressed. A younger Smith-type would do just fine.