Lembikisa/Atkinson ( merged )

gorgieroar

tiger Rudi
1 hour ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

We were absolutely horrendous defensively in the first half so yeah, let's put on a worse defender.

This. Did we really want to see Youan run at Dexter? Or Obika for that matter. I really thought we were going to get suckered by a late breakaway at the death when Beni was covering for Atkinson. 

We MUST get a proper right back in the summer, every team we play targets the rb area, they know that's where we are weakest! 

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Fozzyonthefence

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Walter Kidd

Arthur Morgan

Sibbick should be played there if in a back 4 imo. He dealt with Boyle easily enough last time in the first Derby. As someone said, Boyle has switched sides but I mean in general, Sibbick looks fine there. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

gregzy2k7

I'd start him against celtic at the weekend, at least he tries to get forward and put crosses in, Atkinson has been really far off it.

Philstampscleaner

How did Naismith think that Atkinson deserved a start this eve?

Same with Devlin.

Big mistakes starting both this eve.

Both utterly honking for me.

19/05/2012
Just now, Philstampscleaner said:

Same with Devlin.

The problem is Lembikisa is even worse at defending than Atkinson which is the reason he never came on. The biggest mistake was starting Scott Fraser and even worse starting him on the right wing.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

The problem is Lembikisa is even worse at defending than Atkinson which is the reason he never came on. The biggest mistake was starting Scott Fraser and even worse starting him on the right wing.

He would’ve been better starting Dexter at Right Wing tbh. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

What is Sibbick's status? Is he injured?

Was on the bench 

Uncle Buck
5 minutes ago, Philstampscleaner said:

Same with Devlin.

Unfortunately because Atkinson is by a mile our best right back. Right back definitely needs to be top of the shopping list in the summer.

Edited by Uncle Buck

Pasquale for King

Could’ve even started at Right Wing tonight, would’ve been better than Fraser and helped Atkinson who definitely needed it. 

cosanostra

Sibbick is horrible at right back. It's awful that he's considered for a start there because our established right back and vital January signing are so flawed. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Lembikisa/Atkinson ( merged )
Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, cosanostra said:

I like him better than Atkinson tbh.

Why do we always seem to need a right back? We usually seem to be pretty good at finding left backs but we always seem to struggle with right full backs.

I have watched us since 1972 and we have never had a top quality RB, some decent players but not anywhere near the quality LBs we’ve had. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Unfortunately because Atkinson is by a mile our best right back. Right back definitely needs to be top of the shopping list in the summer.

A damning indictment of our recruitment really, the guy hasn’t progressed in the two years he’s been here. 

2 hours ago, hearts00 said:

I really dont want to be negative but that was a truly awful performance from Atkinson. 

You are being kind, awful doesn't begin to describe his performance.

cosanostra
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I have watched us since 1972 and we have never had a top quality RB, some decent players but not anywhere near the quality LBs we’ve had. 

The only sheep fan I know who's not a complete and utter bellend reckons Devlin has been their player of the season. He'd probably have been better than any of our 3 options.

sandylejambo

He was bad but got no help from Vargas, who was worse than a man short. At least Nate got a sweat up.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

The only sheep fan I know who's not a complete and utter bellend reckons Devlin has been their player of the season. He'd probably have been better than any of our 3 options.

Probably, likes a handball. Surely Miovskis their best player, he’s keeping them up. 

Atkinson struggled all game, I thought Dexter would have been on at half time. He’s better going forward and surely can’t be any worse defensively?

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

He was bad but got no help from Vargas, who was worse than a man short. At least Nate got a sweat up.

Or Fraser 1st half, but Vargas is there to score goals, Forrest didnt help the LBs either. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Dsjambo said:

Atkinson struggled all game, I thought Dexter would have been on at half time. He’s better going forward and surely can’t be any worse defensively?

There was a few that played 90 minutes who could’ve had no complaints about being subbed.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

There was a few that played 90 minutes who could’ve had no complaints about being subbed.

No argument there. We were poor all over the pitch.

Philstampscleaner
55 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

I'm not convinced Dexter is a great defender I agree but he offers a thousand times more than Atkinson going forwards.  Both are quite shit defenders.

I also think our shape tonight was wrong.  We were static all over.

jambo1975

I suggested a while back to a fellow Jambo, very much tounge in cheek, we had perhaps been a bit hasty allowing Micheal Smith to leave. Not sure I was far wrong to be honest 

Philstampscleaner
1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

I don't think he is.  I think Dexter is better.

wattie exploited

Atkinson was getting caught to far up the field loads of times and they almost scored because of that one time the hof managed to run back and made a superb tackle to stop them getting in on goal :rifle:

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

He would’ve been better starting Dexter at Right Wing tbh. 

I definitely see a case for putting both of them over there.

The thing is, Natty was caught out today a lot of times because he was cutting inside. Which is what he's supposed to do when we're playing inverted fullbacks. But somehow whether because of lack of training, communication, mistakes, timing, whatever, the wide midfielders are not getting over to cover the way they're supposed to in an inverted system.

(This doesn't excuse Atkinson giving the ball away in dangerous areas, of course, just the bit about his positioning and the space Hibs found down the side at times.)

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

I suggested a while back to a fellow Jambo, very much tounge in cheek, we had perhaps been a bit hasty allowing Micheal Smith to leave. Not sure I was far wrong to be honest 

Ffs he was finished about 4 years ago, knew how to play wingback but didn’t have the ability. Currently at Yeovil in the National League South, 6th tier in England. 

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

I definitely see a case for putting both of them over there.

The thing is, Natty was caught out today a lot of times because he was cutting inside. Which is what he's supposed to do when we're playing inverted fullbacks. But somehow whether because of lack of training, communication, mistakes, timing, whatever, the wide midfielders are not getting over to cover the way they're supposed to in an inverted system.

(This doesn't excuse Atkinson giving the ball away in dangerous areas, of course, just the bit about his positioning and the space Hibs found down the side at times.)

You can’t expect the right winger to track back 30 yards in case he loses the ball, even though he does practically every time he passes the ball forward. He did it against Celtic in his first game at Tynecastle and has done it constantly since, he rarely scores or assists so if he can’t defend why the **** is he playing? Because he plays for Australia 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔?

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, Philstampscleaner said:

I don't think he is.  I think Dexter is better.

Absolutely, he is far more dangerous going forward and as good a defender. Probably why hes on Wolves books and we are as big a club Atkinson will play for. 

Edited by Pasquale for King
Spelling

Graham Thomson
3 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

He should have started. Atkinson is a ****ing joke. 

100% this, the amount of time he went walkabout and left others to cover for him. 

He does it all the time. 

Hearts1975
5 hours ago, Philstampscleaner said:

Same with Devlin.

Atkinson didn't have the best of games - granted. He just kept running into trouble all over the pitch. Distribution was poor. 

Dev - disagree in the sense that I thought he started well enough, but when he was moved to attacking mid, and when Beni came on, he fell out the game, but most probably as a result of running out of steam as well. 

Edited by Hearts1975

John Findlay
6 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Sibbick should be played there if in a back 4 imo. He dealt with Boyle easily enough last time in the first Derby. As someone said, Boyle has switched sides but I mean in general, Sibbick looks fine there. 

Boyle wasn't the problem last night.

He was pretty anonymous the whole game. The one time he did break clear in the first half, it was Atkinson who caught him and helped clear with Devlin.

Lembikisa wasn't the answer last night.

hisnameis

Neither that great. Was disappointed when we signed Dexter in Jan as on paper at least he seemed very similar to Natty. Should have gone for Devlin when at Livi. 

kingantti1874
6 hours ago, jambo1975 said:

loved smith but he was absolutely finished. 

kingantti1874
37 minutes ago, hisnameis said:

Neither that great. Was disappointed when we signed Dexter in Jan as on paper at least he seemed very similar to Natty. Should have gone for Devlin when at Livi. 

we did. It was agreed but went on hold when we sacked neilson and then Aberdeen came in.  It is what it is 

Scott980612

Problem area for us and has been since Smith left. 

Atkinson’s distribution is absolutely woeful. 

Dexter at least has an attacking threat.  

Atkinson has put in 2 shocking performances- can’t expect to keep his place.

7 hours ago, Philstampscleaner said:

Same with Devlin.

Cammy is bound to be a bit rusty after being out for so long. He will be a very valuable player next year. Atkinson however is a liability. He is technically by far the worst player we have and this lack of ability is behind the mistakes he makes. We need an upgrade if we wish to progress next year.

Walter Kidd

Hibs doubled up on Atkinson and Vargas gave him absolutely zero help same as Saturday. More on our manager for keeping allowing that to happen than the player but let the ****ing dimwits in our support crack on. ****ing Hibs behaviour.

8 hours ago, Gorgiewave said:

What is Sibbick's status? Is he injured?

Utility player. Not good enough. 

2 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

Hibs doubled up on Atkinson and Vargas gave him absolutely zero help same as Saturday. More on our manager for keeping allowing that to happen than the player but let the ****ing dimwits in our support crack on. ****ing Hibs behaviour.

SN could easily have played both last night and had Lembikisa in front of Atkinson. 

Walter Kidd
2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

SN could easily have played both last night and had Lembikisa in front of Atkinson. 

Correct but chose not to. Stevie ****ing Wonder could see what Hibs were doing but he still allows it. I felt sorry for Atkinson - he tries his heart out and the Morons in our support need a boo boy.

Edited by Walter Kidd

10 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

They’re both as bad as each other. A RB has to be top of the list for the summer.

As it was meant to be last summer ☀️ 

1874robbo

Atkinson just kicks the ball where he’s facing and has a first touch like a shot!!!

poor football player.

TexasAndy

Jeez everyone was shouting for Atkinson to come back in to team, he has a poor game and suddenly he needs to get emptied.  Can we not just appreciate that we have a squad and players dip in and out of form.  A bad game doesn't make it terminal.

The thought of either of them playing against Celtic is giving me the fear tbh

I think Toby might actually be the best option there, at least he wouldn’t wander off

I like Dexter and was a good part of our run.

Atkinson improved a lot but I still don't really rate him.