Lembikisa/Atkinson ( merged )

gorgieroar

Atkinson - one good game, one poor game, one ok game, one unbelievably shit game, one good game. That has been the way since he joined. Not good enough. 

Dexter looks just as bad defensively but far more direct and impactful going forward. 

A new RB should be top of the shopping list in June.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Fozzyonthefence

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Walter Kidd

Jim Panzee
43 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The " He's lazy, he doesn't try, he never gave 100% etc" mob are the most clueless out there.

There's a few of them, they seem to lack any critical thinking and are generally too emotional to evaluate a game or performance so just default to that position. 

It's actually a very lazy way to analyse a game

We don't play well -" lazy, never gave 100%".

It doesn't even make sense.

yeap. Shankland doesn't score = fat. When he does score......he can even blatantly chomp on a pie, mid game, and not a word is said 😆

Thanks by the way - a chance to post one of my fave pics.

IMG_2780.thumb.jpeg.6453c66f47e6205d109bcf9014395378.jpeg

Jambo61
9 hours ago, davemclaren said:

3rd/4th/3rd( predicted ) - a decent cake. 

Aye....generally good enough for a fortnight abroad unless the new firm aid us eh! Well done!

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Jambo61 said:

Aye....generally good enough for a fortnight abroad unless the new firm aid us eh! Well done!

What's your plan for getting second place then? 😄

Jambo61
38 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What's your plan for getting second place then? 😄

Certainly not more of the same dopey!

davemclaren
35 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Certainly not more of the same dopey!

Great plan. 👍

3 hours ago, DS98 said:

Atkinson - one good game, one poor game, one ok game, one unbelievably shit game, one good game. That has been the way since he joined. Not good enough. 

Dexter looks just as bad defensively but far more direct and impactful going forward. 

We need a right sided Kingsley or a young Michael Smith - and have done since the latter moved on.

We went through several windows without addressing our central defence issues and are now doing the same with right back/wingback.

Just now, Korky said:

We need a right sided Kingsley or a young Michael Smith - and have done since the latter moved on.

We went through several windows without addressing our central defence issues and are now doing the same with right back/wingback.

I think the hope has been that Aktinson would develop into a more consistent player. 

Apparently he had the flu this week, but I'm sorry, that isn't good enough IMO. Shouldn't be starting when he's not well, especially since Dexter is hardly a poor player. 

Watt-Zeefuik

Folk are going to have their opinions but for me this from his recent Hearts Standard interview at least explained a bit of his lack of composure against Rangers and Hibs.

"What's it like in a derby when it gets stretched and there is a lot of space in behind you?

It's tough. You are a full-back and you are going to come up against the tricky players and the quickest players. For me personally, it was just about getting through the game, I've been battling a bit of a flu the last week or so. It's about doing a job for the team and doing your job, helping the team not to lose. You want to win games. We are a team here, when someone is not playing well you get the other boys picking up. We defended the box well, they got in behind us a bit but it's just good not to lose."

Jambo61
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Great plan. 👍

You've an opinion yet said nothing! You should be on the board with that outlook!

Ex member of the SaS

A new right back and move Dexter up and dump Fraser is a priority for summer recruitment.

Smithian

I want Dexter Lembikisa to play down the stretch. I want to see if he has the ability to be a starter for Hearts. Which I think he does!

He's young, but I am not sure I see a talent ready to play for Wolves any time soon. If he plays well down the stretch, I think Hearts could make a play to bring him back for all of next season on loan or even do an Alex Cochrane and bring him on permanently.

I think Hearts roster makes it likely even next season that there will be lots of 3 at the back, and I love Lembi's potential as a wingback.

Atkinson is who he is. Not bad, not good. Just is who he is.

chrystaf
5 minutes ago, Smithian said:

I want Dexter Lembikisa to play down the stretch. I want to see if he has the ability to be a starter for Hearts. Which I think he does!

He's young, but I am not sure I see a talent ready to play for Wolves any time soon. If he plays well down the stretch, I think Hearts could make a play to bring him back for all of next season on loan or even do an Alex Cochrane and bring him on permanently.

I think Hearts roster makes it likely even next season that there will be lots of 3 at the back, and I love Lembi's potential as a wingback.

Atkinson is who he is. Not bad, not good. Just is who he is.

This will attract a bit of outrage but I'd convert Atkinson into an out and out winger.  When were flying he's an asset and has that unpredictable element to his going forward game (that even Forrest hasn't got).  He's also delivered some telling crosses.  But don't let him anywhere near our half!

In many ways that's what Barry Mackay gives us, though I accept he's a more cultured player that atty.

I'll now sit back and wait for the abuse!

Smithian
4 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

This will attract a bit of outrage but I'd convert Atkinson into an out and out winger.  When were flying he's an asset and has that unpredictable element to his going forward game (that even Forrest hasn't got).  He's also delivered some telling crosses.  But don't let him anywhere near our half!

In many ways that's what Barry Mackay gives us, though I accept he's a more cultured player that atty.

I'll now sit back and wait for the abuse!

Hearts have some breathing room for third unless things get weird. No time like the present to try new ideas.

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, Smithian said:

Hearts have some breathing room for third unless things get weird. No time like the present to try new ideas.

They say they are trying to turn Tagawa into a footballer but not everything works.

Watt-Zeefuik

This is another thing from Hearts Standard (https://www.heartsstandard.co.uk/news/24152390.hearts-1-1-hibs-17-chance-win-lack-clear-chances/ I mean you have a subscription, right?!?) that makes a key point. One of the reasons Natty looked so exposed and had difficulty connecting was how badly Fraser played on that side. He really failed to show for passes and he didn't do any of the tucking in behind Atkinson when Natty cut inside that would have covered the flanks. When Fraser started I assumed he was going to be in as a central mid but clearly he was supposed to be on the right, he just didn't do anything there.

In retrospect, as someone else on here has mentioned, I would have far rather seen Dexter play in Fraser's place. He would have at least had the defensive sense to drop back when Natty cut inside, he probably would have made himself available for passes, and he would have hit the touchline and tried to find a cross.

image.thumb.png.dc0b24453e922da4385e40ed663583aa.png

pettigrewsstylist
9 hours ago, DS98 said:

Its been top of the last 3. Presume Dr Funk not coming anymore 🤣🤣

pettigrewsstylist
5 hours ago, Korky said:

With LB soon to be added I suspect. 

Fozzyonthefence
5 hours ago, OTT said:

I think the hope has been that Aktinson would develop into a more consistent player. 

Apparently he had the flu this week, but I'm sorry, that isn't good enough IMO. Shouldn't be starting when he's not well, especially since Dexter is hardly a poor player. 

Not a chance he was playing with the flu, not buying that!  A cold, maybe but not the flu.  Massive difference.

Watt-Zeefuik
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Not a chance he was playing with the flu, not buying that!  A cold, maybe but not the flu.  Massive difference.

He said in the interview that he'd had the flu. Don't think he was in the worst of it, but recovering from the flu can take a while.

IMO Dex can't play in a back 4 against quality opposition. If we're trying to break down Ross County that's one thing, but he's too much of a defensive liability (yes, even more than Natty) to play RB if we need to defend for extended periods.

If we go back 3 he's fine at RWB.

Fozzyonthefence
11 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

He said in the interview that he'd had the flu. Don't think he was in the worst of it, but recovering from the flu can take a while.

IMO Dex can't play in a back 4 against quality opposition. If we're trying to break down Ross County that's one thing, but he's too much of a defensive liability (yes, even more than Natty) to play RB if we need to defend for extended periods.

If we go back 3 he's fine at RWB.

True.  Possible he was just over flu but if he’s claiming he was playing with flu then it’s just a shite excuse for two piss poor performances.  For starters he’d likely be stuck in bed (I certainly was) and told not to mix with the other players.  It’s like when you’ve got a runny nose and fancy a few days off work - you tell your employer you’ve got the flu, not a cold!

Agree about Dexter, don’t think we can play him in a back 4. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Watt-Zeefuik
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

True.  Possible he was just over flu but if he’s claiming he was playing with flu then it’s just a shite excuse for two piss poor performances.  For starters he’d likely be stuck in bed (I certainly was) and told not to mix with the other players.  It’s like when you’re got a runny nose and fancy a few days off work - you tell your employer you’ve got the flu, not a cold!

Agree about Dexter, don’t think we can play him in a back 4.

I had the flu earlier this year and with the flu jab, in the worst of it I was just tired and achy for a couple of days, but then I had a week after that of an annoying cough and just a bit of lethargy. He's said "a week or so" for how long he's been "battling" it, and I've never had a flu where the worst of it lasted longer than 3 days or so. So that's what I'm going on.

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

I had the flu earlier this year and with the flu jab, in the worst of it I was just tired and achy for a couple of days, but then I had a week after that of an annoying cough and just a bit of lethargy. He's said "a week or so" for how long he's been "battling" it, and I've never had a flu where the worst of it lasted longer than 3 days or so. So that's what I'm going on.

Maybe like Covid I suppose, affects us all differently.  But if he wasn’t fit he shouldn’t have been playing.  Plus he had two, not one, god awful performances over 5 days. 

Watt-Zeefuik
4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Maybe like Covid I suppose, affects us all differently.  But if he wasn’t fit he shouldn’t have been playing.  Plus he had two, not one, god awful performances over 5 days. 

Yeah in hindsight if we were playing a back 3 at Ibrox it should have been Dex and let Natty get healthy. Fully agree him playing sick did no one any favors.

It does give me a bit of hope that his form will improve as he gets better.

2 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Yeah in hindsight if we were playing a back 3 at Ibrox it should have been Dex and let Natty get healthy. Fully agree him playing sick did no one any favors.

It does give me a bit of hope that his form will improve as he gets better.

We’ve been waiting two years for his form to improve!

Watt-Zeefuik
5 hours ago, Korky said:

We’ve been waiting two years for his form to improve!

Behave. He's been very good at times this season. No, he was not good against Rangers or Hibs.

Not that anything should ever stop kickback from massively overreacting . . .

I thought Dexter was excellent today. He gave Mieada nothing and deserves to keep the right back position for the foreseeable imo. 

Australis

Lembikisa had a terrific game today.

Credit to the young man, not overawed by the occasion.

Sooperstar
46 minutes ago, 1953 said:

I thought Dexter was excellent today. He gave Mieada nothing and deserves to keep the right back position for the foreseeable imo. 

But he cannae defend likesy.

Nelly Terraces
1 hour ago, Australis said:

Lembikisa had a terrific game today.

Credit to the young man, not overawed by the occasion.

1 hour ago, 1953 said:

Not having a go at Atkinson but I was pleased to see Dexter start today & thought he was great, coped with the defensive side & also caused them bother going forward. Top man!

On 02/03/2024 at 02:02, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Behave. He's been very good at times this season. No, he was not good against Rangers or Hibs.

Not that anything should ever stop kickback from massively overreacting . . .

He has never been very good. 

Thomaso

Dexter was first class today

4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Dexter was first class today

Ditto. Very composed, good to see him more in a defensive role to see what he’s got.

Dexter is just a better football player than Natty atm.

I'm sure we've won every single game he's played for us so far.

Will definitely keep his place next weekend against Morton, starting place is his to lose now I would imagine.

Benny Klack

Good call by Naismith today going with the 3 at the back and bringing Dexter in. That’s when you see the best of him - when he’s got the security of the back 3 behind him.

Great shift - we do need to start finding right sided defensive cover for next season.

Well played Dexter 👍

johnking123

It's simple really. If one drops off form. Then you play the other.

Regular John

While Lembiska is fit and well he should be starting every time.

He's far more effective when we're playing a back 3 but for me he's an all round better option, particularly in attack and that offsets any slight defensive positives Atkinson has.

tiger Rudi
1 hour ago, Regular John said:

He's far more effective when we're playing a back 3 but for me he's an all round better option, particularly in attack and that offsets any slight defensive positives Atkinson has.

On the basis of today and Atkinson's poor form against Rangers and Hibs, I would agree. I really didn't think he would do so well against stronger opposition. Wrong again.

I hope there is some way we can get him on loan next season. Can't see Wolves wanting him for their first team just yet. 

I still want a RB added to the squad though. 

Atty and Dexter competing for the position is good, but yes Dexter gets the nod for now due to his attacking qualities. 

jr ewing
2 hours ago, Regular John said:

Extend his loan if possible. 

• 3 weeks later...
chester copperpot

Dexter scores a screamer for Jamaica.

Can't seem to link the goal but it was a total worldie

soonbe110
On 01/03/2024 at 16:06, Smithian said:

If we were to lose next two games it becomes a bit tight for comfort.  We won’t however.  

1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

:sweeet:

1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

It's on YouTube now, nice goal, left foot shot from outside the box. Apologies couldn't post the link.

tiger Rudi

What a peach. Would like to see him back here next season, but doubt we will.

Smithian

Really want Hearts to bring him back next season. 

I don't think his level is Wolves. Which gives me hope Hearts could try to pull a Cochrane with him and take him permanently.