Welcome Back

Dazo

Think it’s only right we welcome back all the posters that have been missing during our excellent run. I’m glad yesterday was everything you have been waiting for. 

FTH. 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir PH

• Fozzyonthefence

• Bazzas right boot

• Vlad Magic

PapaShango

Yeah knew it was coming, not lost in months and lose one game and suddenly half the team isn’t good enough and needs emptied! 

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Think it’s only right we welcome back all the posters that have been missing during our excellent run. I’m glad yesterday was everything you have been waiting for. 

FTH. 

I've noticed a few  absentees are back 🙄

alicante jambo

Im sure we will be able to put this game to the back of our minds once we beat the tramps. Beaten by a far better team yesterday no excuses at all. Players were outclassed from first 30 seconds, bullied and couldnt even complete simple passes. We move on. Hopefully the boys are hurting and we take our anger out on that lot midweek.

2 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Im sure we will be able to put this game to the back of our minds once we beat the tramps. Beaten by a far better team yesterday no excuses at all. Players were outclassed from first 30 seconds, bullied and couldnt even complete simple passes. We move on. Hopefully the boys are hurting and we take our anger out on that lot midweek.

We can't keep saying that after every humping in Glasgow. It's a defeatist, negative attitude. Losing 5-0 needs addressed, and quickly.

jimbojambo

We tried again to play an open game against a team who apparently played their best game of the season. They were absolutely clinical and appear to have recruited well including a manager. Hopefully we can learn from this and avoid the mistakes on Wednesday against a Hibs team who will fancy their chances. But we all know how that one usually ends. 

Bazzas right boot

At least they are having fun and enjoying themselves. 

Hopefully a win on Wednesday has them scuttling of again.

Valois No1

Not defending the posters who are defo going OTT but yesterday was partly our own doing and does deserve some sort of criticism. It’s ok to criticise but you have to also acknowledge the good things as well. A win on Wednesday and the humping from yesterday is all forgotten. 

2 hours ago, Dazo said:

FTH. 

Spot on 

Go for it 1308
2 hours ago, Dazo said:

FTH. 

Am I thick....but I don't pay attention who's on or not? Name and shame mate....just to give me the heads up🙂

Selkirkhmfc1874

Yesterday was bad day at the office but it's hard to be critical of the management or players after the run we've been on ! Bounce back on Wednesday though

Bull's-eye

Nah, everything is Shite, everyone is Shite.

The clubs Shite.

Shite, Shite, Shite

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, alicante jambo said:

1 hour ago, jimbojambo said:

We tried again to play an open game against a team who apparently played their best game of the season. They were absolutely clinical and appear to have recruited well including a manager. Hopefully we can learn from this and avoid the mistakes on Wednesday against a Hibs team who will fancy their chances. But we all know how that one usually ends. 

I don't think any of this is exactly what happened, we didn't play as well as we normally do; a good few players were off it

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

We can't keep saying that after every humping in Glasgow. It's a defeatist, negative attitude. Losing 5-0 needs addressed, and quickly.

That's so insightful. I wonder if the club are thinking along these progressive lines.

leipzig76

Just like a couple of seasons back,under Neilson,we also lost 0-5 at Ipox. The manner of the defeats hurts me most.Individual errors cost us in both games .I am still hurting. I've been hurt by Hearts before but... I have supported Hearts since the early 60's. My first game was a 4-2 win over Hibs (surprise,surprise) in 1963.When we lose it's always on to the next game and so it is with this.I think we'll beat Hibs and if we approach the game right and are fired up from the start we will smash the Flairmeisters. When the Hearts song is played before the game and I think of the 150 years of history of the greatest name in football my chest always fills with pride win or lose that's what being a Jambo is all about.

4 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

That's so insightful. I wonder if the club are thinking along these progressive lines.

Going by the amount of humpings we regularly receive in Glasgow, probably not. But we live in hope.....

Edited by Sir PH

jimbojambo
26 minutes ago, leipzig76 said:

Just like a couple of seasons back,under Neilson,we also lost 0-5 at Ipox. The manner of the defeats hurts me most.Individual errors cost us in both games .I am still hurting. I've been hurt by Hearts before but... I have supported Hearts since the early 60's. My first game was a 4-2 win over Hibs (surprise,surprise) in 1963.When we lose it's always on to the next game and so it is with this.I think we'll beat Hibs and if we approach the game right and are fired up from the start we will smash the Flairmeisters. When the Hearts song is played before the game and I think of the 150 years of history of the greatest name in football my chest always fills with pride win or lose that's what being a Jambo is all about.

That was my first game too and I was instantly hooked. Been good and bad times but I wouldn't change any of it and I will be there willing the team on. Wins against the old firm will be rare given the discrepancy in budgets and the duopoly will continue to the depriment of Scottish Football. 

Harry Potter

Another thread where the moaners that moan at the moaners who are pissed off at a 5-0 defeat

giving it big time, like they are over it , well im still pissed off, get over that.

And for the record ive been on here for weeks, not posted missing, thats another myth by folk making nonscense up.

TBH i do know folk that are over a defeat before they leave the stadium, well done you lot,

by i am certainly not one.

Could we combine the threads of folk moaning at their fellow supporters.

One.Night.In.Basel

We have an absolutely fantastic support at times, the last few years has proven that. The money putting into the club to save it, the season ticket sales, waiting list and consistently selling out games home and away. But days like yesterday shows the vile nature of some of our support also. Mostly on Facebook I'll admite but on here also. The actual abuse some players are getting after the incredible run we've been on is insane. Yes yesterday was bad but just look where we are and how far ahead we are. Beni is our best midfielder and is coming back from a career threatening injury, abused. Rowles has been getting so much praise for much he has improved this season but again getting so much abuse all for 1 game. We've picked up the same amount of points as celtic since October, that's title winning form. But because of one bad performance people feel it's acceptable to abuse the players. Alot may not agree with this but I am actually pretty disgusted by sections of our support. Embarrassing. 

leipzig76
11 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

That was my first game too and I was instantly hooked. Been good and bad times but I wouldn't change any of it and I will be there willing the team on. Wins against the old firm will be rare given the discrepancy in budgets and the duopoly will continue to the detriment of Scottish Football. 

Yep ! Still am !

Wee Mikey
1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

Another thread where the moaners that moan at the moaners who are pissed off at a 5-0 defeat

giving it big time, like they are over it , well im still pissed off, get over that.

And for the record ive been on here for weeks, not posted missing, thats another myth by folk making nonscense up.

TBH i do know folk that are over a defeat before they leave the stadium, well done you lot,

by i am certainly not one.

Could we combine the threads of folk moaning at their fellow supporters.

That would result in only one thread on the entire forum. 🙃

alicante jambo
2 hours ago, Sir PH said:

I hwar you ph i do but they are a good side. I fecking hate addmiting it but they are. To get anything against these teams we must play very good, carry a bit of luck and hope they dont play to their best. Right from the 1st minute we were under the cosh. Nothing changed the whole game. Ive supported hearts 40 years and seen these results  before ok not many 5s but been hammered numerous times by 4 goals. How do you address it? Given there budget were miles away. Were in a good position right now in the league and cup. Europe must be tje target. 5 to 7 million we could maybe get a coulle of decent if not good players. Btw the simple things like passing and moving was non existent yesterday. Even kent who has been brilliant this season had a nightmare all of them did. 3 points against hibs and we go again.

2 hours ago, Valois No1 said:

Not defending the posters who are defo going OTT but yesterday was partly our own doing and does deserve some sort of criticism. It’s ok to criticise but you have to also acknowledge the good things as well. A win on Wednesday and the humping from yesterday is all forgotten. 

I said during the winning run to look at the big picture rather than just focus on points on the board, that allows for a far more reasonable reaction to yesterday's outcome.

Cameronstheman
2 hours ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Am I thick....but I don't pay attention who's on or not? Name and shame mate....just to give me the heads up🙂

Yep id like to know who these weasels are as well

Fozzyonthefence
4 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Yeah knew it was coming, not lost in months and lose one game and suddenly half the team isn’t good enough and needs emptied! 

A thread moaning about the moaners?  Absolutely, as guaranteed as night follows day. 

Its a real shame that our end to such a fabulous run was a complete pumping.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say as shite as it was, it will spur us on to the end of the season. Players like Rowles & Atkinson will know how poorly they played and I think with the game against Hibs coming so soon, there is a great chance to do what Celtic/Rangers do after a loss and go out and make a statement win. 

If we don't manage to beat Hibs, I'll be quite worried though. Also think this will mean we'll approach the Celtic game with greater sharpness too. Players didn't turn up yesterday, that was wrong and its important they put that right asap. 

Armageddon
5 hours ago, Dazo said:

FTH. 

All the posters who’s names have been on the side of milk cartons as missing person's.

The boy from SevCo on loan who cost £35M but some scaff is calling for NAYSMITH’s head as we took it tight.

We’re 100% on the right path and I cannot get enough of it.

alicante jambo

I remember a few years back we went on a 30 odd game unbeaten run at tynecastle. We played sevco and they destroyed us. Robert fleck and davie cooper ripped us apart that day. I couldnt believe what we were watching. It was like a cup final defeat. 5 - 2 they won so getting hammered by them is not a new thing. Every now and again we will get the better of them but its very difficult. We must beat the other teams and europe is where the money is.

PapaShango
3 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

I remember a few years back we went on a 30 odd game unbeaten run at tynecastle. We played sevco and they destroyed us. Robert fleck and davie cooper ripped us apart that day. I couldnt believe what we were watching. It was like a cup final defeat. 5 - 2 they won so getting hammered by them is not a new thing. Every now and again we will get the better of them but its very difficult. We must beat the other teams and europe is where the money is.

Yip even the 97/98 team took a 5-2 pumping at Tynecastle from them. It happens, and has my entire life watching Hearts. You win some but there is always some thumpings in there.

saxondale
3 hours ago, Sir PH said:

How do you propose we address it?

5 minutes ago, saxondale said:

How do you propose we address it?

That's not my job, but you know that. Although, we could start by asking Derek McInnes? He seems to be doing alright against the Old Firm, these days. 

Go for it 1308
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Its a real shame that our end to such a fabulous run was a complete pumping.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say as shite as it was, it will spur us on to the end of the season. Players like Rowles & Atkinson will know how poorly they played and I think with the game against Hibs coming so soon, there is a great chance to do what Celtic/Rangers do after a loss and go out and make a statement win. 

If we don't manage to beat Hibs, I'll be quite worried though. Also think this will mean we'll approach the Celtic game with greater sharpness too. Players didn't turn up yesterday, that was wrong and its important they put that right asap. 

Spot on. Ironically, because of yesterday...Hibs are onto getting a doing.  Naismith will be fuming and so will the players 

While yesterday's result was disappointing we need to inject some facts into the debate.

Firstly, until yesterday, we were closer, in terms of points, to the top two than any of the other nine cubs were to us.

Secondly, we must recognise that we are a team formed of players whose ability ranges from average to slightly above average. When they come up against players of slightly higher ability then Hearts require each player to perform at their best. Unfortunately few did this yesterday and Indeed some players,in key positions , actually had a very poor game.

Thirdly, we are  a team under development and while the result was grim if you look at yesterdays statistics then there were some positives. We had 47% possession with five shots on target and we also hit the post.

Our own support has often been critical of the team being negative against the old firm.

Yesterday we tried to be more positive but fell short. We need to learn from this and move on.

Cameronstheman
2 minutes ago, Tiro said:

While yesterday's result was disappointing we need to inject some facts into the debate.

Firstly, until yesterday, we were closer, in terms of points, to the top two than any of the other nine cubs were to us.

Secondly, we must recognise that we are a team formed of players whose ability ranges from average to slightly above average. When they come up against players of slightly higher ability then Hearts require each player to perform at their best. Unfortunately few did this yesterday and Indeed some players,in key positions , actually had a very poor game.

Thirdly, we are  a team under development and while the result was grim if you look at yesterdays statistics then there were some positives. We had 47% possession with five shots on target and we also hit the post.

Our own support has often been critical of the team being negative against the old firm.

Yesterday we tried to be more positive but fell short. We need to learn from this and move on.

This 

Ex member of the SaS

Boot on the other foot, too many happy clappers that didn't want to listen to constructive criticism when we were scraping a one goal win late in the game.

Yesterday was never a game we would be allowed to win/draw. No matter how well we played, just a pity we didn't turn up and individuals made school boy errors.

Manager picked wrong starting team, and wrong tactics. Individuals couldn't string two passes together and a team fired up to win the league all contributed to a poor showing. However none of the errors were huge and should be sorted on Wednesday. We really need to pick ourselves up and put this behind us and not have a repeat of last season where a poor result caused a massive drop in our standards.

Get stuck into Hibs ,win comfortably and all will be forgiven.

Get Europe the next two or three seasons in a row and we will have the money to go for better players, we all see where the team needs improved so lets just hope the back room staff get their finger out and pick up some gems.

Bazzas right boot
52 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

That's not my job, but you know that. Although, we could start by asking Derek McInnes? He seems to be doing alright against the Old Firm, these days. 

There it is.

1 defeat and McInnes is the answer.

Cameronstheman
2 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Boot on the other foot, too many happy clappers that didn't want to listen to constructive criticism when we were scraping a one goal win late in the game.

Yesterday was never a game we would be allowed to win/draw. No matter how well we played, just a pity we didn't turn up and individuals made school boy errors.

Manager picked wrong starting team, and wrong tactics. Individuals couldn't string two passes together and a team fired up to win the league all contributed to a poor showing. However none of the errors were huge and should be sorted on Wednesday. We really need to pick ourselves up and put this behind us and not have a repeat of last season where a poor result caused a massive drop in our standards.

Get stuck into Hibs ,win comfortably and all will be forgiven.

Get Europe the next two or three seasons in a row and we will have the money to go for better players, we all see where the team needs improved so lets just hope the back room staff get their finger out and pick up some gems.

We blew a windfall last season as the sheep are doing this season, si i know we have to be a tad wary, but as you say, getting into Europe on a regular basis is a must and the financial rewards immense 

We have money from ST sales, FOH and other revenues, we must up the anti player wise/wages and with cash from Europe ..why not, speculate to accumulate as they say  

Craig Herbertson

Happens to every team sometime.

Celtic's 69-game unbeaten domestic run was ended in emphatic style as they were stunned 4-0 by Hearts in the Scottish Premiership.

The defeat at Tynecastle is the champions' first domestic loss since a 2-1 reverse at St Johnstone on 11 May 2016 - 585 days ago - and Brendan Rodgers' first as Celtic manager against Scottish opposition.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

That would result in only one thread on the entire forum. 🙃

Naw it wouldn't.

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, Cameronstheman said:

We blew a windfall last season as the sheep are doing this season, si i know we have to be a tad wary, but as you say, getting into Europe on a regular basis is a must and the financial rewards immense 

We have money from ST sales, FOH and other revenues, we must up the anti player wise/wages and with cash from Europe ..why not, speculate to accumulate as they say  

I know and most knew the hotel will bring in cash, but we are a football team first and foremost and the team should have come first, all for maximizing revenue but Europe and cups is what the fans want more than an hotel. But we are where we are and hopefully the hotel is the last vanity project and players will now be a priority. We need to scout higher end players and secure Europe on a regular basis.

saxondale
1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

Could you not come up with even one reason on how to address it? If you think it's possible to address, then you must have a rough idea in mind.

Ex member of the SaS
11 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

There it is.

The one manager I hope never to see in our dug out.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

The one manager I hope never to see in our dug out.

Tbf he's a good manager.

If killie finish 4th imo he should get manager of the year.

I'd have no problem with him, but I like Naismith  and a drubbing or a few defeats won't have me asking for him to be sacked. 

14 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

There it is.

He's not, but he seems to have worked out a way of taking points from the Old Firm, and even beating them. Cool assumption though 👍

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, saxondale said:

Could you not come up with even one reason on how to address it? If you think it's possible to address, then you must have a rough idea in mind.

It's not his job to come up with solutions,  funny enough it's not his job to bleat on and on but he takes that up with enthusiasm.

4 minutes ago, saxondale said:

No, as I said, it's not my job. Although watching how Kilmarnock deal with them, might be a start.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Lucks ran out. 🏃‍♀️ 

The lurker returns, hoping we do shite so the manager gets sacked and he's proven correct.

:rofl:

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

It's not his job to come up with solutions,  funny enough it's not his job to bleat on and on but he takes that up with enthusiasm.

Jesus H Christ, the irony meter has just exploded into a million pieces. You, of all people, accusing anybody of bleating on and on. Outstanding.😂

Konrad von Carstein
3 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

:lol: