Welcome Back

Dazo

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Jesus H Christ, the irony meter has just exploded into a million pieces. You, of all people, accusing anybody of bleating on and on. Outstanding.😂

I don't bleat.

I create open discussion,  inform and educate.

:fonzie:

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir PH

• Fozzyonthefence

• Bazzas right boot

• Vlad Magic

saxondale
3 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

No, as I said, it's not my job. Although watching how Kilmarnock deal with them, might be a start.

Cool, well I'd probably suggest spending 5 mins pondering that before saying it should or can be addressed.

If you can't come up with even a rough idea on how to address, then I'd imagine it's probably not something that can be addressed due to their resources utterly dwarfing ours.

And before you say it, that's not being defeatist, negative or unambitious - it's just realistic.

What we can do next time when we play the old firm is hope they have a bad day and we have a good day, then we might scrape a draw or even a win every now and then (which we already do).

saxondale
10 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's not his job to come up with solutions,  funny enough it's not his job to bleat on and on but he takes that up with enthusiasm.

I love how it has to be his job to engage in even a bit of thinking for something he has demanded must be done.

6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I don't bleat.

I create open discussion,  inform and educate.

:fonzie:

😁😁😁

4 minutes ago, saxondale said:

Cool, well I'd probably suggest spending 5 mins pondering that before saying it should or can be addressed.

If you can't come up with even a rough idea on how to address, then I'd imagine it's probably not something that can be addressed due to their resources utterly dwarfing ours.

And before you say it, that's not being defeatist, negative or unambitious - it's just realistic.

What we can do next time when we play the old firm is hope they have a bad day and we have a good day, then we might scrape a draw or even a win every now and then (which we already do).

Why should I come up with ideas? Do you know how ridiculous your argument is? 

saxondale
5 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Why should I come up with ideas? Do you know how ridiculous your argument is? 

What is my argument exactly?

Do you think it has to be your job in order to engage your brain on something that you think can and should be done?

Watt-Zeefuik
4 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Going by the amount of humpings we regularly receive in Glasgow, probably not. But we live in hope.....

In the three league games we've played in Glasgow this year it's been a 1-2 loss where we were ahead after 90', a 2-0 victory, and then yesterday.

The semi-final wasn't pleasant but it was scoreless into the second half and then fell apart in the span of 15 minutes.

We've done okay in Glasgow this season, which is a big reason why yesterday was so disappointing.

Harry Potter
4 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

In the three league games we've played in Glasgow this year it's been a 1-2 loss where we were ahead after 90', a 2-0 victory, and then yesterday.

The semi-final wasn't pleasant but it was scoreless into the second half and then fell apart in the span of 15 minutes.

We've done okay in Glasgow this season, which is a big reason why yesterday was so disappointing.

Good post, 

47 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

There it is.

1 defeat and McInnes is the answer.

Has anyone said that? It's a perfectly valid observation that his sides do not seem to cave in early against either of the gruesome. I'm not sure why pointing that out appears to be a trigger. 

We were on a great run until yesterday. Rode our luck a few times in that sequence it must be said. Great run nonetheless and yesterday shouldn't detract from that. We need to react positively on Wednesday for what I'm pretty sure will be a much harder game than some people appear to believe. We then have a game against a vulnerable looking Celtic side. Let's see where we are next Sunday at 2pm. 

We seem to making tactical and formation errors in these games against Rangers though. I'd like to feel Naismith will reflect on the number of times, even during our good run, where he's had to abandon the back 3 during the course of a game. That performance yesterday on the back of a dreadful semi final performance isn't good enough. 

To have lost 5-0 on 3 of our last 7 league visits to Ibrox is unacceptable for a club our of standing in this domestic environment.

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, saxondale said:

I love how it has to be his job to engage in even a bit of thinking for something he has demanded must be done.

Heckler!

Hecklers are the most annoying,  full of criticism and moans but have no ideas, framework or idea on how to deliver. 

Lots in politics!

36 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

This season, yes. Go back a bit further, and our record is pitiful. 

37 minutes ago, saxondale said:

What is my argument exactly?

Do you think it has to be your job in order to engage your brain on something that you think can and should be done?

You seem to think I should have the solution to our ridiculous record in Glasgow. I don't. 

6 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

Im sure we will be able to put this game to the back of our minds once we beat the tramps. Beaten by a far better team yesterday no excuses at all. Players were outclassed from first 30 seconds, bullied and couldnt even complete simple passes. We move on. Hopefully the boys are hurting and we take our anger out on that lot midweek.

But with a supposed agenda to get closer to the OF and compete with relative success in Europe, surely some degree of inquest as to why we capitulated so pathetically is justified, rather than merely "moving on"?

26 minutes ago, Carter said:

Has anyone said that? It's a perfectly valid observation that his sides do not seem to cave in early against either of the gruesome. I'm not sure why pointing that out appears to be a trigger. 

We were on a great run until yesterday. Rode our luck a few times in that sequence it must be said. Great run nonetheless and yesterday shouldn't detract from that. We need to react positively on Wednesday for what I'm pretty sure will be a much harder game than some people appear to believe. We then have a game against a vulnerable looking Celtic side. Let's see where we are next Sunday at 2pm. 

We seem to making tactical and formation errors in these games against Rangers though. I'd like to feel Naismith will reflect on the number of times, even during our good run, where he's had to abandon the back 3 during the course of a game. That performance yesterday on the back of a dreadful semi final performance isn't good enough. 

To have lost 5-0 on 3 of our last 7 league visits to Ibrox is unacceptable for a club our of standing in this domestic environment.

A well thought-out and measured post, but the last para/sentence says it all. 

5 hours ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Am I thick....but I don't pay attention who's on or not? Name and shame mate....just to give me the heads up🙂

Normally avoid kickback after a defeat especially a bad one. If you want a clue, have a look through the "here's how we're feeling..." thread. Some notable negatives that have never posted on there 👍

alicante jambo
29 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

But with a supposed agenda to get closer to the OF and compete with relative success in Europe, surely some degree of inquest as to why we capitulated so pathetically is justified, rather than merely "moving on"?

Im hoping there will be some sort of inquest. We need to know how we couldnt do the basics like passing. How was natty as bad? How was half the team if not more not winning any battles? How was grant even playing? No good looking back. Im hoping and sure naismith would had had a few harsh words to say he has to but its done. Got a derby in a few days we need to bounce back. Regards success in europe we need to get rid of around half a dozen players first and replace them with better quality. My opinion of course.

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Carter said:

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Watt-Zeefuik
58 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

This season, yes. Go back a bit further, and our record is pitiful. 

We had a bad patch for a while there, no question. But things have been looking up, seems silly to me to not at least note that recently the problems seem to be better addressed.

I’ve pointed this out repeatedly now, but a few weeks after the Beattie game Celtic horsed us 5-0. Until we close the revenue gap a bit, that’s just going to happen a couple of times a season unfortunately. I think the best we can hope for for now is that we win or at least competitive and some of the games each season.

Fort Vallance
2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Tbf he's a good manager.

If killie finish 4th imo he should get manager of the year.

I'd have no problem with him, but I like Naismith  and a drubbing or a few defeats won't have me asking for him to be sacked. 

Really ? Rather than Naismith getting it for finishing above him ?

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

Yeah, taking Hearts from 4th to 3rd is good but taking killie from 11th to 4th is quite impressive tbh. 

Kille finishing  above Aberdeen and hibs as well as his wins v the OF are quite impressive tbh.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, chrystaf said:

A well thought-out and measured post, but the last para/sentence says it all. 

What does it say?

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The lurker returns, hoping we do shite so the manager gets sacked and he's proven correct.

:rofl:

Robbies buddy. Until he is sacked. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Carter said:

Is that true?  Still, they try harder against us apparently so it’s all good. 

Go for it 1308
1 hour ago, WDJ87 said:

Normally avoid kickback after a defeat especially a bad one. If you want a clue, have a look through the "here's how we're feeling..." thread. Some notable negatives that have never posted on there 👍

👍

Fozzyonthefence
33 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

It’s a point worth debating, maybe depends on how close they get to us.  Would you give it to Rodgers for finishing above us?

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Is that true?  Still, they try harder against us apparently so it’s all good. 

It is. Lost 5-0 at Ibrox on 3 of last 7 league visits. ****ing disgraceful.

I believe it's said they do try harder against us 🙄

Valois No1
22 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yeah, taking Hearts from 4th to 3rd is good but taking killie from 11th to 4th is quite impressive tbh. 

Kille finishing  above Aberdeen and hibs as well as his wins v the OF are quite impressive tbh.

Can’t argue with mcinnes record at killie for sure. Him and Naismith doing well. Both can be right. 

Maple Leaf
11 minutes ago, Carter said:

They didn't have to try very hard yesterday.  The number of times we had the ball and simply passed it to an opposing player was astonishing.

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, Carter said:

Oh it’s definitely said by some.  I can’t really understand why Rangers don’t try harder against Aberdeen, a club they despise.  Maybe sometimes you just have to be honest and admit other teams get the basics right and make it harder than we do instead of looking for happy clappy excuses for our own pathetic failures against the OF. 

I suppose PAOK mist have tried harder against us than Aberdeen too? 

Thankfully I don’t think our manager thinks like this, it’s just a few morons on JKB.  I also think he’ll learn from it but let’s hope the players do too. 

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

They didn't have to try very hard yesterday.  The number of times we had the ball and simply passed it to an opposing player was astonishing.

Nail on head!  Yet apparently it’s no fair because they try harder against us!

17 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Oh it’s definitely said by some.  I can’t really understand why Rangers don’t try harder against Aberdeen, a club they despise.  Maybe sometimes you just have to be honest and admit other teams get the basics right and make it harder than we do instead of looking for happy clappy excuses for our own pathetic failures against the OF. 

Thankfully I don’t think our manager thinks like this, it’s just a few morons on JKB.  I also think he’ll learn from it but let’s hope the players do too. 

I think you're more than likely spot on re Naismith. I think he'll be furious privately regarding yesterday. But why set up that way when it was so badly exposed at Hampden? I just don't understand the thinking. 

I like much if what I'm seeing from Naismith though. Wednesday is massive and we need to see a really competitive performance next Sunday. Celtic are vulnerable just now and teams are causing them issues. We simply cannot go behind inside 10 mins and just capitulate yet again.

Fozzyonthefence
39 minutes ago, Carter said:

I think you're more than likely spot on re Naismith. I think he'll be furious privately regarding yesterday. But why set up that way when it was so badly exposed at Hampden? I just don't understand the thinking. 

I like much if what I'm seeing from Naismith though. Wednesday is massive and we need to see a really competitive performance next Sunday. Celtic are vulnerable just now and teams are causing them issues. We simply cannot go behind inside 10 mins and just capitulate yet again.

Because he set up the same way when we won 2-0 at Celtic.  But we didn’t lose a goal after a minute and have numerous brain farts from our defenders.  I was surprised Grant started yesterday though.  A waste of a jersey in games like that.

4 hours ago, Sir PH said:

He's not, but he seems to have worked out a way of taking points from the Old Firm, and even beating them. Cool assumption though 👍

What was the score the last time we played the OF in Glasgow??

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Aberdeen went nearly 30 years without winning at Ibrox. I think it's safe to say Rangers do try against them.

8 minutes ago, XB52 said:

We beat Celtic 2-0. Are we taking an extremely rare win as a measure of how we do through there? 

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Killie have beaten Celtic twice, Rangers once and drawn with Celtic this season alone.  It takes us years to achieve that.  SN is doing fine but would be good if he can get a similar success rate against the OF that McInness has managed with Killie and Aberdeen.  Until yesterday he was going in the right direction against them. 

Fort Vallance
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Fair points. But he doesn't have to deal with the expectations that Naismith does. 

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Aberdeen went nearly 30 years without winning at Ibrox. I think it's safe to say Rangers do try against them.

Of course they do, that’s the point I’m making.  Since Newco got into the top league though Aberdeen have done pretty well against them, unlike us.  And it’s **** all to do with who Rangers try harder against. 

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Of course they do, that’s the point I’m making.  Since Newco got into the top league though Aberdeen have done pretty well against them, unlike us.  And it’s **** all to do with who Rangers try harder against. 

More a case of Aberdeen treating Rangers games like their cup final. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

More a case of Aberdeen treating Rangers games like their cup final. 

We should be treating them like a cup final and raising our game too.  But we rarely do.   

dannymack
4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Tbf he's a good manager.

If killie finish 4th imo he should get manager of the year.

I'd have no problem with him, but I like Naismith  and a drubbing or a few defeats won't have me asking for him to be sacked. 

He might get 3rd after Hearts' Saturday scudding at Ibrox according to some.

17 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We should be treating them like a cup final and raising our game too.  But we rarely do.   

No argument with that. 

Watt-Zeefuik
34 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I think there's definitely a case that Aberdeen players get riled up by their fans to go into Ibrox with boiling hate, whereas there's an unfortunately lower hostility towards Ibrox around Hearts IMO. I could speculate baselessly all day (including obvious reasons already stated as well as less obvious ones) why that is but there's just not the sting that we carry into games against Hibs and Celtic.

3 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

I think there's definitely a case that Aberdeen players get riled up by their fans to go into Ibrox with boiling hate, whereas there's an unfortunately lower hostility towards Ibrox around Hearts IMO. I could speculate baselessly all day (including obvious reasons already stated as well as less obvious ones) why that is but there's just not the sting that we carry into games against Hibs and Celtic.

Our record against Celtic is every bit as bad as our record v Rangers. Whatever this "sting" is, it's certainly not working. 

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

Our record against Celtic is every bit as bad as our record v Rangers. Whatever this "sting" is, it's certainly not working. 

At the very least we've beaten Celtic twice in the last three years now and have played them close in two cup finals.

colinmaroon
15 hours ago, Dazo said:

Think it’s only right we welcome back all the posters that have been missing during our excellent run. I’m glad yesterday was everything you have been waiting for. 

FTH. 

Touché. 

3 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Killie have beaten Celtic twice, Rangers once and drawn with Celtic this season alone.  It takes us years to achieve that.  SN is doing fine but would be good if he can get a similar success rate against the OF that McInness has managed with Killie and Aberdeen.  Until yesterday he was going in the right direction against them. 

Some folk aren't going to take that inconvenient truth terribly well. 

When we pump Hibs, they'll all disappear until the Celtic game. 

They must have hated the past few months, not having anything to moan about. 

Until then:

41e.gif

dannymack
9 hours ago, Carter said:

Where have you been for the last 50 odd years and more... getting scudded from Rangers at Ibrox is not something new, it's been happening for decades.