We really have so may unrealistic fans

mr fox

Aussies must go 
Savage must go and Naismith must go 
What are these idiots on 
The gulf between us and old firm is the same as Man City and Luton 

Get a bloody grip. What do they expect?
Rangers were superb today and we were not.
If we play well and they play well, we get beaten, simple as that.
I honestly think these comments are from fans that don’t go to games and simply haven't a clue.
What we are doing this year is outstanding. Third place is our target and we will get this.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carter

• mr fox

• GinRummy

• ArcticJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Nessjambo67
13 minutes ago, mr fox said:

Aussies must go 
What are these idiots on 

I honestly think these comments are from fans that don’t go to games and simply haven't a clue.
What we are doing this year is outstanding. Third place is our target and we will get this.

Absolutely we are doing well and yes the gulf is huge a void that never will never be filled. The fact of the matter is we never competed today Ayr united proved trickier opponents I think our fan base expect more and rightly so why can’t we go to Glasgow and compete? Next 2 games are vital for us and at home we have to step up 

A_A wehatethehibs

We’ve just been cuffed 5-0 I think folk are entitled to seethe over it on the day. Especially as such a big aspect of it was self inflicted. 

If we get through in the cup there’s every chance we’ll face rangers in a semi or a final so we need to find a new way of playing against them. We need to find a way to beat them. 

William H. Bonney

Knee jerk reactions maybe. Forget the gulf, forget how good rangers played, its about how ****ing awful we were today. 

We didn't expect to win, but we certainly expected to at least compete. 

The players should hang their heads in shame today. They let themselves down and the fans down. 

38 minutes ago, mr fox said:

Aussies must go 
What are these idiots on 

Seriously grow up. It’s you having a strop and throwing your toys out the pram.

It was a very poor performance, to be 1-0 down in 2 mins and 3-0 by half time, that gave us no chance. Basic defending and passing to a teammate were a problem for us today. Can people not criticise when we don’t even punch our weight in these games?

1971fozzy

It’s a forum that’s like any other football forum.  Keyboard warriors. 
If I was an employee of the club I wouldn’t view them. No idea why any player would ever look at them 

Chuck Berry
39 minutes ago, mr fox said:

Aussies must go 
What are these idiots on 

Bingo.

Bad day, it happens. We're still having a great run.

Move on.

Bull's-eye

Its only the online Gobshites that generally vanish when things are going ok.

Its become apparent with these types that they think they are better supporters because they criticise.

Criticism is easy. Any fool can criticise, complain and condemn, most fools do.

Ricardo Quaresma

There's unrealistic, then there's over-realistic

We gave the ball away too many times to a hungry team today

1 hour ago, mr fox said:

Aussies must go 
What are these idiots on 

I highlighted this because it's bang on the money, IMO.  The truth is that most of the time whoever is best resourced usually comes out as the winner.  When we're playing one of the wealthier Gruesome Twosome we need to play exceptionally well and they need to make a bit of a hash of it.  Otherwise, it isn't gonna happen for us.

16 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Its only the online Gobshites that generally vanish when things are going ok.

Its become apparent with these types that they think they are better supporters because they criticise.

Criticism is easy. Any fool can criticise, complain and condemn, most fools do.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Football fans overreact to heavy defeat. Doubt it happens anywhere else other than kickback. 

Next game, different game.  We need to put this behind us and get back into the groove we've been in for the last couple of months.

We’re having a great season, we have good players and a good manager. A lot of people have gone way overboard with criticism on the back of this result.

With all of that being said I do think others are going too far the other way with the whole “they have more money so 5-0 losses are to be expected” line of reasoning.

Today Rangers played well but we were so poor and it’s okay to acknowledge that and be unhappy about it 

Just now, Ulysses said:

Next game, different game.  We need to put this behind us and get back into the groove we've been in for the last couple of months.

Definitely. Win on Wednesday and it’s onwards and upwards. Lose on Wednesday and it’s another overreaction. Another big test for Naisy, I doubt it’s easy to lift a side after such a heavy defeat. I’m confident he’ll do it. The players will be desperate to get the win.  

ArcticJambo

Worst OF in 35-40 yrs imo.  We're just not up to the challenge mainly, no matter what their standard.

We should have done better today, and that is very disappointing.

25 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

It was a very poor performance, to be 1-0 down in 2 mins and 3-0 by half time, that gave us no chance. Basic defending and passing to a teammate were a problem for us today. Can people not criticise when we don’t even punch our weight in these games?

Too many of our fans have conditioned to losing to the Glasgow pair. It's often viewed as a "free hit" which is almost astonishing. You simply cannot fold in that manner and expect nothing to be said. There have been plaudits for the run we've been on and rightly so. We've carried some good fortune in some of those games. I'd like the manager to reflect on the merits of a back 3 as too many times now its failed and required to be changed. 

The way we continue to make Tavernier and Lundstrum look like world beaters is hard to accept. Dessers is a very poor striker by OF standards. Yet he's scored a brace today. 

Desperately poor stuff. 

Definitely. Win on Wednesday and it’s onwards and upwards. Lose on Wednesday and it’s another overreaction. Another big test for Naisy, I doubt it’s easy to lift a side after such a heavy defeat. I’m confident he’ll do it. The players will be desperate to get the win.  

Why if we were to lose on Wednesday would it be an overreaction? Would it be wrong to call out a poor performance such as today's. This mentality is piss poor! 

Just now, Philfigo said:

Why if we were to lose on Wednesday would it be an overreaction? Would it be wrong to call out a poor performance such as today's. This mentality is piss poor! 

The highest position we can reasonably expect to finish in is third. If we finish third we’ve had a good league campaign. That’s it in a nutshell. Lose to Hibs, beat Celtic, lose to Rangers, beat Aberdeen along the way? As long as we finish third that’s a success. 

As for mentality?  I’m just another bam on kickback mate. I’m not a coach or a player so my mentality doesn’t affect anything. 

The highest position we can reasonably expect to finish in is third. If we finish third we’ve had a good league campaign. That’s it in a nutshell. Lose to Hibs, beat Celtic, lose to Rangers, beat Aberdeen along the way? As long as we finish third that’s a success. 

As for mentality?  I’m just another bam on kickback mate. I’m not a coach or a player so my mentality doesn’t affect anything. 

Totally agree 3rd is the expected outcome, and how we get there probably doesn't matter. Its just performances like today have a massive effect for when it really does matter, the cup games. The cups are the only thing that we can win but we 90% of the time will need to beat the old firm at Hampden. Putting in performances like this and them people dismissing it as aww well don't matter, free hit etc does nothing for when we play those games at Hampden. If this mentality continues then 3rd is all we can achieve and I am sorry how dull would that be in 10 years time we have finished 3rd 10 times in a row and nobody at the club as ever got a medal or to lift a cup. 

Byyy The Light
19 minutes ago, Carter said:

Too many of our fans have conditioned to losing to the Glasgow pair. It's often viewed as a "free hit" which is almost astonishing. You simply cannot fold in that manner and expect nothing to be said. There have been plaudits for the run we've been on and rightly so. We've carried some good fortune in some of those games. I'd like the manager to reflect on the merits of a back 3 as too many times now its failed and required to be changed. 

The way we continue to make Tavernier and Lundstrum look like world beaters is hard to accept. Dessers is a very poor striker by OF standards. Yet he's scored a brace today. 

Desperately poor stuff. 

Tavernier, Lundstrum and Dessers would be our best players by far 😄

3 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

Totally agree 3rd is the expected outcome, and how we get there probably doesn't matter. Its just performances like today have a massive effect for when it really does matter, the cup games. The cups are the only thing that we can win but we 90% of the time will need to beat the old firm at Hampden. Putting in performances like this and them people dismissing it as aww well don't matter, free hit etc does nothing for when we play those games at Hampden. If this mentality continues then 3rd is all we can achieve and I am sorry how dull would that be in 10 years time we have finished 3rd 10 times in a row and nobody at the club as ever got a medal or to lift a cup. 

I hate the term free hit as well. Grinds my gears every time I read it. 

I don’t think we have a mentality issue we just got it wrong today and rangers (with better players) got it spot on . We played well at parkhead earlier in the season and gave rangers a good game then collapsed, after a soft penalty at Ibrox. 

We’re hurting - expections were understandably high based on our recent form. 
So we’ve had a reality check - it was bound to happen at some point. 

Sounds strange I know but in a way I’m glad it happened today and not on Wednesday as I’m sure it would hurt 100 times more.  
If there’s any positives that can be taken from today’s result it’s that there will hopefully be a reaction from the players and there’s no way that the opposition will be underestimated. 
Whilst we’ll obviously never know I’d like to believe that most of the players who participated/tried today will be suffering for the remainder of the weekend and will return on Monday totally focused on rectifying this embarrassing result. 
In Naismith I believe. 

1 hour ago, mr fox said:

Aussies must go 
What are these idiots on 

Scottish football is shite if you aren’t an old firm fan. 3rd place is as good as you’ll ever get and you need the stars to align to get a cup win. 

jambo1975

Let's be honest it's the hope that kills you. Genuinely thought we might get something today. That hope was destroyed 2 mins in. I'm not sure we (or indeed any) club in this country will get close to challenging for the league. The scales are far too unbalanced.  

tightrope

Wouldn't be so bad if those below us were getting beaten by the same or more. They tend not to, Why? I don't know? but that was a joke. Atkinson was dire, Dexter should have been a starter bla bla bla. We are better than that performance.

Pans Jambo

Getting pumped is one thing, getting pumped playing like they did today is the reason folk are pissed off. 

22 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Tavernier, Lundstrum and Dessers would be our best players by far 😄

I think anyone with eyes in their head can see that Dessers is pish. Certainly wouldn't take him ahead of Shankland and I doubt a single Hearts fan would, other than you.  

Today is the third 5-0 defeat at Ibrox in the league since 2019. That's pathetic. Particularly when you consider one season during that period we spent in the Championship. 

It's the whole "getting your hopes up and having them dashed after 120 seconds" that has ****ed a lot of people off. 

We have been on some run of wins recently. We should have been confident, we were rightly thinking we might be able to go to Ibrox and (finally) get a result, and after 2 minutes, we're back in our box.  Business as usual, shite result away to one of the Old Firm, oh well let's get them next time. 

To lose by a goal or two would be one thing, but to get absolutely pumped like some cannon fodder nonsense is a bit hard to take, especially after the run we've been on. We have our run ripped up and shat out as if it were nothing is brutal. 

We should have, and could have, done better. 

saxondale
7 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Getting pumped is one thing, getting pumped playing like they did today is the reason folk are pissed off. 

No one is suggesting you shouldn't be pissed off after today's result and performance.

The point the OP is making is to have a bit of perspective on this game, and how the season is gone generally.

Posting hyperbole nonsense contributes nothing to the forum and it perpetuates certain lines of thinking that are clearly ill thought out (to say the least).

18 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

Scottish football is shite if you aren’t an old firm fan. 3rd place is as good as you’ll ever get and you need the stars to align to get a cup win. 

Fact 

29 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

Thousands of Hearts fans left Hampden before an hour was played in the League Cup Semi Final. A similarly abject performance against them. I made a remark about the space and freedom we allow Tavernier. Some guy said he'd be our best player. We've seen several times at Tynecastle that he's horrendous defensively when put under it. His performance in the Scottish Cup Final against Hibs was ****ing horrendous. We give him the freedom of the park every single time. See 0-1 at Tynecastle meek surrender earlier this season. 

We'll probably get past Morton and assuming the uglies get kept apart we'll get either of them in a potential semi final. Not seeing anything other than more of the same in such a scenario. 

I'm sure the 98 Scottish Cup Final would be seen as a "free hit" nowadays by sections of the support. When in reality we'd been getting closer in H2H and we simply couldn't keep getting beat on those occasions. Too many fans are now far too conditioned to losing to them.

1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

I highlighted this because it's bang on the money, IMO.  The truth is that most of the time whoever is best resourced usually comes out as the winner.  When we're playing one of the wealthier Gruesome Twosome we need to play exceptionally well and they need to make a bit of a hash of it.  Otherwise, it isn't gonna happen for us.

Exactly 

if you look at the expenditure in English premier league it’s basically top to bottom on this 

1 hour ago, HMFC 86 said:

Read the post 

1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

How may tones have we won at ibrox in 20 years 

3 I believe 

59 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If we do not win on Wednesday then I would anticipate criticism, which will not be an overreaction, but a justified one. 

1 minute ago, chrystaf said:

If we do not win on Wednesday then I would anticipate criticism, which will not be an overreaction, but a justified one. 

I’d anticipate criticism as well. I can safely predict some of it will be justified and some of it will be an overreaction. 

Thunder and Lightning
2 hours ago, mr fox said:

Aussies must go 
What are these idiots on 

Bet you use the term free hit. You enjoy accepting mediocrity. Others demand better. 

10 minutes ago, tian447 said:

It's the whole "getting your hopes up and having them dashed after 120 seconds" that has ****ed a lot of people off. 

We have been on some run of wins recently. We should have been confident, we were rightly thinking we might be able to go to Ibrox and (finally) get a result, and after 2 minutes, we're back in our box.  Business as usual, shite result away to one of the Old Firm, oh well let's get them next time. 

To lose by a goal or two would be one thing, but to get absolutely pumped like some cannon fodder nonsense is a bit hard to take, especially after the run we've been on. We have our run ripped up and shat out as if it were nothing is brutal. 

We should have, and could have, done better. 

Says it all.  Unacceptable and embarrassing.   Not the fact we lost the game but the manner in which we did. 

Shugster84

Aussies must go 
What are these idiots on 

Agreed 👍 

•  

listen, this is my first post ever, but ive supported hearts for a long time and also read this forum for a long time, just never been arsed to post, but the amount of utter trash that gets posted either on here in general or back to you when you   post something that is sensible in terms of hearts, or knowledgeable in general terms of fitbaw, or both, the response is pretty much apocalyptically off the scale, wether its hearts fans genuinly fuming in general, or hibz trampz in disguise,  its became an absolute mess of a so called fitbaw forum, everyc**t just waiting and ready to jump on everything and anything at all times ever, social MEdia at its absolute fu****g worse.

which leads me perfectly to the day, absolutely disgraceful result, absolutely disgraceful performance, unacceptable on every level, no excuses at all for what transpired today.

But, (aye theres a but, obviosly), whats the point in  destroying the players, the management, the tactics, the lineup etc, and also each other on this forum, as at the end of the day, our forms been off the scale the last few months, winning multiple away games on the bounce, coming back from several goals down a few times and not losing, PLUS the undoubted unwavering fact were still well clear in 3rd and never gonna be caught, and, because of the stated above, the players and management have more than enough in the tank mentally to come back from this very quickly,  much more steel, determination, winning mentality and positivity than previous iterations under neilson,  levein and say it quietly, cathro.

AND what better a way to get it back on track than on wednesday against our hopeless idiotic neeboors, who, in theyre infinitely psychotic delusional mindsets would much prefer the so called mythical  "hibs" way of playing, rather than actually winning trophies or games against us, or games against us that involve winning trophies.

sum up, starting wednesday, this is the start, no the start of the end, ie us capitulating like last season, just a blip, a small fall on our road, which before the day everyc**t was well and trully on, our road to the best season in a LONG time, just trust, just believe, just HMFC.

also FTH

HeartsandonlyHearts

Aussies must go 
What are these idiots on 

Your gulf example may be even more just because we play in Scotland.

England may have poor refs football wise but they don’t have team supporting bigotry in full view week in and out.

We and others get it both ways. We have Newco supporters who don’t want to be too obvious when we play Celtic so give us nothing and vice versa. I’m not saying today had anything to do with the ref but the difference in Money is only one of the reasons we will struggle 8 times a year against the 2 butt cheeks. Not including cup games.

HHGH

jamborich
1 hour ago, HMFC 86 said:

What weight?

34 minutes ago, Carter said:

Thousands of Hearts fans left Hampden before an hour was played in the League Cup Semi Final. A similarly abject performance against them. I made a remark about the space and freedom we allow Tavernier. Some guy said he'd be our best player. We've seen several times at Tynecastle that he's horrendous defensively when put under it. His performance in the Scottish Cup Final against Hibs was ****ing horrendous. We give him the freedom of the park every single time. See 0-1 at Tynecastle meek surrender earlier this season. 

We'll probably get past Morton and assuming the uglies get kept apart we'll get either of them in a potential semi final. Not seeing anything other than more of the same in such a scenario. 

I'm sure the 98 Scottish Cup Final would be seen as a "free hit" nowadays by sections of the support. When in reality we'd been getting closer in H2H and we simply couldn't keep getting beat on those occasions. Too many fans are now far too conditioned to losing to them.

The 98 Cup final you could sense coming as we had been getting closer in terms of performances and gave us a bit of belief. I just don't see any of that yet now. Those late 90s early 2000s the old firm teams budget wise and quality wise was even bigger that now. They where signing players for £12m but yet we still manged to compete far far better than we do now. 

Edited by Philfigo

Byyy The Light
43 minutes ago, Carter said:

I think anyone with eyes in their head can see that Dessers is pish. Certainly wouldn't take him ahead of Shankland and I doubt a single Hearts fan would, other than you.  

Today is the third 5-0 defeat at Ibrox in the league since 2019. That's pathetic. Particularly when you consider one season during that period we spent in the Championship. 

He’d walk in to our team. It’s ok to accept a team with 10x our budget have better players.

Nugget. 

6 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

He’d walk in to our team. It’s ok to accept a team with 10x our budget have better players.

Nugget. 

Dessers is pish. He's struggled in most games this season and looked utterly hapless. If you think he's a better No.9 than Shankland I'm really not sure what to say.

He would love to play against us every week I'm quite sure. 

11 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

The 98 Cup final you could sense coming as we had been getting closer in terms of performances and gave us a bit of belief. I just don't see any of that yet now. Those late 90s early 2000s the old firm teams budget wise and quality wise was even bigger that now. They where signing players for £12m but yet we still manged to compete far far better than we do now. 

98 was definitely coming. We had a great league campaign that season and just ran out of steam. 

The quality of players the uglies had 25 years ago was far better than now. Yet we look further away than ever. Most definitely in terms of belief and conviction at least. 

23 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Nugget. 

Shankland would have had a hattrick in the first half if he played for rangers 

Before the game I thought we would get beat but obviously hoped we wouldn't and that we would compete well. We didn't compete in this game and Rangers were at their best, so that's what happens.

1 hour ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Bet you use the term free hit. You enjoy accepting mediocrity. Others demand better. 

Bang on, totally agree. As Hearts fans we always say that old firm fans are self entitled, arrogant and too expecting of winning games and trophies. Unfortunately Hearts now have a group of fans who will too easily accept mediocrity, fans who defend the indefensible, who are very interested in commenting on the financial differences between us and the old firm and who will accept any/every poor performance or result with the “lucky to have a club mantra”. 

Edited by HMFC 86