We really have so may unrealistic fans

mr fox

I was expecting a 2-1 maybe 3-1 beating.  But we really shouldn’t be getting beaten 5-0 FFS.  Who else have they beaten by that margin this season?

Sick of our arse falling out in Glasgow.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carter

• mr fox

• GinRummy

• HMFC 86

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

The highest position we can reasonably expect to finish in is third. If we finish third we’ve had a good league campaign. That’s it in a nutshell. Lose to Hibs, beat Celtic, lose to Rangers, beat Aberdeen along the way? As long as we finish third that’s a success. 

As for mentality?  I’m just another bam on kickback mate. I’m not a coach or a player so my mentality doesn’t affect anything. 

This pretty much sums up my view, especially the bit in bold.

glynnlondon
2 hours ago, Carter said:

Thousands of Hearts fans left Hampden before an hour was played in the League Cup Semi Final. A similarly abject performance against them. I made a remark about the space and freedom we allow Tavernier. Some guy said he'd be our best player. We've seen several times at Tynecastle that he's horrendous defensively when put under it. His performance in the Scottish Cup Final against Hibs was ****ing horrendous. We give him the freedom of the park every single time. See 0-1 at Tynecastle meek surrender earlier this season. 

We'll probably get past Morton and assuming the uglies get kept apart we'll get either of them in a potential semi final. Not seeing anything other than more of the same in such a scenario. 

I'm sure the 98 Scottish Cup Final would be seen as a "free hit" nowadays by sections of the support. When in reality we'd been getting closer in H2H and we simply couldn't keep getting beat on those occasions. Too many fans are now far too conditioned to losing to them.

Yep we play an awful game and it's the fans fault for expecting basic effort and some semblance of competence.

Some on here must have an arse like a party streamer the way they automatically assume the position when Huey or duey rock up.

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, FWJ said:

I was expecting a 2-1 maybe 3-1 beating.  But we really shouldn’t be getting beaten 5-0 FFS.  Who else have they beaten by that margin this season?

Exactly over the years different managers players and boards same maulings - go attack - go shut up shop same result 

do they just raise their game against us ?

it's disappointing to say the least and has screwed our goal difference yet again 

1 hour ago, FWJ said:

Pretty much where I am . 

5 hours ago, mr fox said:

Aussies must go 
Savage must go and Naismith must go 
What are these idiots on 
The gulf between us and old firm is the same as Man City and Luton 

Get a bloody grip. What do they expect?
Rangers were superb today and we were not.
If we play well and they play well, we get beaten, simple as that.
I honestly think these comments are from fans that don’t go to games and simply haven't a clue.
What we are doing this year is outstanding. Third place is our target and we will get this.

Idiots for having a different opinion on areas of our club ??? 

4 hours ago, Carter said:

Thousands of Hearts fans left Hampden before an hour was played in the League Cup Semi Final. A similarly abject performance against them. I made a remark about the space and freedom we allow Tavernier. Some guy said he'd be our best player. We've seen several times at Tynecastle that he's horrendous defensively when put under it. His performance in the Scottish Cup Final against Hibs was ****ing horrendous. We give him the freedom of the park every single time. See 0-1 at Tynecastle meek surrender earlier this season. 

We'll probably get past Morton and assuming the uglies get kept apart we'll get either of them in a potential semi final. Not seeing anything other than more of the same in such a scenario. 

I'm sure the 98 Scottish Cup Final would be seen as a "free hit" nowadays by sections of the support. When in reality we'd been getting closer in H2H and we simply couldn't keep getting beat on those occasions. Too many fans are now far too conditioned to losing to them.

Bog off!!

kingantti1874

Yes.  We genuinely, without a shadow of a doubt have some of the absolute WORST supporters in the country. You’d a bad defeat against let’s be honest a far better team with vastly more resource. Crying like a bunch of big babies, turning on your club like a bunch of stinking snakes.  

By all means everyone is entitled to complain at the result and the performance, it was crap, must do better without doubt . If that kind of result is prolonged, or we are bottom 6 fair enough maybe that kind of reaction is warranted but  but the everybody out stuff, after we’ve been fantastic for months is absolutely horrendous chat. 

if you react like this, you need to stake a serious  serious look at yourself.  What part of “support” do you not understand, what do you actually offer hearts ? Support? No it’s certainly not that.  You’re not a supporter. You don’t support anything do you . 

It’s actually completely ****ing shameful. Makes me embarrassed to call myself a hearts fan.  Well not hearts I love hearts but I genuinely HATE some of our support. 

Edited by kingantti1874

There is far too much unrealistic expectation given the massive financial gulf and an odd tendency to totally downplay the opposition. How many other teams who topped a Europa league group do you think Hearts should be competitive with?

West Ham

Brighton

Atalanta

Liverpool

Villareal

Slavia Prague

Bayer Leverkusen

Should be giving all of them a good game? Any of them? Just Rangers?

So what's the argument now? They're not Liverpool? Definitely not but the relative financial gap between them and Liverpool is nothing like as great as that between both OF and Hearts.

Scottish teams playing them is akin to them playing Liverpool, and I doubt any of you would be giving them any chance at all, with good reason. And you wouldn't see their fans trying to play down the challenge with the type of comments I saw here before this game. 

"They're not that good"

Yes they are, they're Europa group winners good and that's aside from having the best defence in the SPL and are the highest scorers in the league. What are everybody else if they're not that good? Who else in Scotland outside the OF can even qualify for a group through playoffs far less win one? For years nobody but them. 

The under estimation also covers their individual multi million pound players. "he's shite" you will often see and these shite multi million pound players are all over their team. Tavernier can't defend, yet they have the best defence in the league. If he can't defend well it looks like he doesn't need to even bother.

They might be shite in comparison to Liverpool but in Scotland OF players are typically as good as it gets in every position. Another argument is well other teams sometimes get some points from them, and don't get gubbed so heavily. Make them work harder.

While that's true you can be absolutely guaranteed these teams are not outplaying them, they're parking the bus hoping to keep them out and catch something on the break, and sometimes they will get lucky.

That's actually what i think the strategy should be for everybody, but that too would get the management and players criticised for not "having a go" in their vision of it. But against sides like this having a go is exactly what can get you a thumping.

The players didn't play badly, they were simply massively outclassed and that never looks good. Did you see Liverpool humping Rangers in the CL? Rangers were shite. Or alternatively massively outclassed.

This Hearts team is still easily good enough to take 3rd place at a canter, that's the next level, not the unbridgeable chasm to the OF. The next level is cementing such a gap between 3rd and 4th, and even that wont be easy.

One more thing to consider. People hark back to the game at Ibrox in October when they needed 2 late goals to win 2-1 as having been more competitive. Certainly it is in terms of the scoreline but not when you compare the statistics to that game and this one.

Stats from October

Possession Rangers 69% - Hearts 31%

Shots at goal Rangers 28 - Hearts 5

Shots on target Rangers 5 - Hearts 1

Corners Rangers 11 - Hearts 2

Compare that with the latest game

Possession Rangers 53% - Hearts 47%

Shots at goal Rangers 17 - Hearts 11

Shots on target Rangers 12 Hearts 5

Corners Rangers 4 - Hearts 2  

karipidis
9 hours ago, Philfigo said:

The 98 Cup final you could sense coming as we had been getting closer in terms of performances and gave us a bit of belief. I just don't see any of that yet now. Those late 90s early 2000s the old firm teams budget wise and quality wise was even bigger that now. They where signing players for £12m but yet we still manged to compete far far better than we do now. 

We lost 3-1, 5-2 and 3-0 to Rangers the season we won the cup in 98. 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yes.  We genuinely, without a shadow of a doubt have some of the absolute WORST supporters in the country. You’d a bad defeat against let’s be honest a far better team with vastly more resource. Crying like a bunch of big babies, turning on your club like a bunch of stinking snakes.  

By all means everyone is entitled to complain at the result and the performance, it was crap, must do better without doubt . If that kind of result is prolonged, or we are bottom 6 fair enough maybe that kind of reaction is warranted but  but the everybody out stuff, after we’ve been fantastic for months is absolutely horrendous chat. 

if you react like this, you need to stake a serious  serious look at yourself.  What part of “support” do you not understand, what do you actually offer hearts ? Support? No it’s certainly not that.  You’re not a supporter. You don’t support anything do you . 

It’s actually completely ****ing shameful. Makes me embarrassed to call myself a hearts fan.  Well not hearts I love hearts but I genuinely HATE some of our support. 

Being a supporter does not mean unquestioning acceptance of any crap the club or players choose to serve up.

8 hours ago, FWJ said:

Did you miss when we won at Parkhead?

12 hours ago, Nessjambo67 said:

why can’t we go to Glasgow and compete? Next 2 games are vital for us and at home we have to step up 

Before this game we beat celtic in glasgow and came within a few minutes of beating rangers in glasgow

12 hours ago, mr fox said:

Aussies must go 
What are these idiots on 

I honestly think these comments are from fans that don’t go to games and simply haven't a clue.
What we are doing this year is outstanding. Third place is our target and we will get this.

Quite refreshing reading kickback this morning now that all the bonfire posters are still in their bed with hangovers :lol: 

gordon simpson
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

kingantti I am with you 100% 

our supporters who rip into players and club 4 days before a derby 

are a bunch of neurotic tossers 

kingantti1874
27 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Being a supporter does not mean unquestioning acceptance of any crap the club or players choose to serve up.

There’s a difference between moaning about a performance or a result which is entirely justified, and spouting everyone out crap .  Whether you think so or not it’s totally ****ing moronic, embarrassing shit spotted by window licking idiots and it based on completely mental expectation.  

who the **** do you think we are? Tell me  What hearts can lived up to your expectations becuase I've watching all of the bets hearts teams over the last 40 years lose to rangers and Celtic.

supporting the team means supporting the club, 1 loss in 13 after a record breaking run demanding heads is not supporting the club.  We be better off without supporters like that. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, gordon simpson said:

kingantti I am with you 100% 

our supporters who rip into players and club 4 days before a derby 

are a bunch of neurotic tossers 

Absolute weirdos so they are. Seriously. And it’s not just on here, folk booing at half time at 0-0 . 

gordon simpson
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Absolute weirdos so they are. Seriously. And it’s not just on here, folk booing at half time at 0-0 . 

aye sad the way a great many act 

AC Mallin_51

Kye Rowles was being compared to  beckenbauer last week, hailed for his performance against a that big giant they had upfront. Now he’s not to get near the starting 11 and be sold

AC Mallin_51
24 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Before this game we beat celtic in glasgow and came within a few minutes of beating rangers in glasgow

Think this is just completely forgotten about for some reason. Previous league game in Glasgow before that was also a 2-2 draw at ibrox where we were ahead 

gregzy2k7

Not demanding anyone to be sacked,

but just calling it out as it happened, 

We were fecking awful btw,

Rangers were ok, not superb, in fact, nowhere near it, They didn't have to be, as we were awful.

That's the major frustration for me, almost all of their goals were cheap goals to lose from our point of view imo.

We shat it big time.

It's done though so nothing we can do now, 

Just got to go out and beat hibs.

Go for it 1308
13 hours ago, mr fox said:

Aussies must go 
What are these idiots on 

Grow up mate. We shouldn't be getting beat by any Scottish club 5 zip....as a poster on a different thread stated. 

And he's right....we should never be beaten by any other Scottish club 5-0

Rocky jamboa
13 hours ago, mr fox said:

Aussies must go 
What are these idiots on 

Do you go to the games?? If so, did you expect that result and performance after what you've watched the last few months?? 

For me, I don't think fans being disappointed about yesterday's result and performance is anything to do with being unrealistic. It's more expecting a better result and performance on the back of a good winning run. I thought we were really poor yesterday and didn't expect us to be beaten so easily and to put in such a poor performance. We are capable of far more than we produced yesterday and that's what is disappointing. 

I hoped we could have got a result yesterday but also realistic in that we were up against a team with a far bigger budget than us.

Bazzas right boot

Some can't be Hearts fans.

They don't post or appear on here until we get beat, then post all their shite.

Others just seem to get a bit emotional.

5-0 is shite, we got our arses handed to us.

We move on.

Posters saying it's shocking and unacceptable,  assassinating every player etc?

What do they expect , Hearts to Sack Naismith for an " unacceptable" result and release players who played shite?

The truth is our players aren't as good as Rangers or Celtic,  best we can do is give them a bloody nose now and then and make sure we finish 3rd- and continue to do that.

The next level chat etc is just a bit daft and sets folk up for a bitter disappointment and send some into a rage.

Jambo in Bathgate
12 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

Worst OF in 35-40 yrs imo.  We're just not up to the challenge mainly, no matter what their standard.

We should have done better today, and that is very disappointing.

You are half right! Celtic are the weak link they have lost games and had draws against more others than Rangers. Somehow their record against Rangers is better. We also came up against a Rangers side that just overtook Celtic last week coming back from 8 points deficit to lead by 5 now. Unfortunately Rangers played their A game at home. We didn’t manage our A game but would have still lost. 
lets get on with business on Wednesday against a Hibs team who are already crowing because they beat Dundee. 

11 hours ago, jamborich said:

What weight?

I was going to give a flippant response, but ok, to give a good account of ourselves at least. If we lose having tried hard and applied ourselves with a good formation then fine I can take coming up short and losing, but to get an absolute tanking that could have been more is embarrassing. As others have said don’t think other teams have taken that sort of hammering from rangers this season and then you start to ask the question why can’t we compete better as apparently the 3rd placed team

kingantti1874
57 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Rangers were ok, not superb, in fact, nowhere near it, They didn't have to be, as we were awful.

That's the major frustration for me, almost all of their goals were cheap goals to lose from our point of view imo.

We shat it big time.

zero wrong with this post. Exactly how we should react. 

Saint Jambo
12 hours ago, Carter said:

11 hours ago, Philfigo said:

The 98 Cup final you could sense coming as we had been getting closer in terms of performances and gave us a bit of belief. I just don't see any of that yet now. Those late 90s early 2000s the old firm teams budget wise and quality wise was even bigger that now. They where signing players for £12m but yet we still manged to compete far far better than we do now. 

I'm sorry but this is garbage. Even in 97/98 with a genuinely title challenging team we had been hammered 5-2 and 3-0 at home to Rangers. The second of those coming just a few weeks before the final. We'd taken 1 point from our four league games against them. 

Yes, we'd lost the league cup final 4-3 the season before despite a great performance, but the the season before that we had been thrashed 5-1 in the Scottish Cup final at Hampden.

The idea that we are more conditioned to losing to Rangers now than we were at the end of their 9 in a row period when we hadn't won a trophy for 36 years is some re-writing of history.

This season we have competed well in some games against Rangers and been heavily beaten in other games. Much as it was back then.

On the main point of the thread, while I'm amused how easily our fans get carried away and start talking about challenging for the title next season, I generally take the view that if football fans can't get carried away, who can. But the flip side is those fans seem to get so carried away that when a set back comes, they lose all sense of reality in the other direction. We go from challenging for the league to needing to bin half the team, get rid of the DoF and discussing whether our players lie down against Rangers because they support them. It is such an overreaction.

Edited by Saint Jambo

Saint Jambo
12 hours ago, Carter said:

11 hours ago, Philfigo said:

Edited by Saint Jambo
Double post

1 hour ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Do you go to the games?? If so, did you expect that result and performance after what you've watched the last few months?? 

For me, I don't think fans being disappointed about yesterday's result and performance is anything to do with being unrealistic. It's more expecting a better result and performance on the back of a good winning run. I thought we were really poor yesterday and didn't expect us to be beaten so easily and to put in such a poor performance. We are capable of far more than we produced yesterday and that's what is disappointing. 

I hoped we could have got a result yesterday but also realistic in that we were up against a team with a far bigger budget than us.

And that's a fair summary of the game and our performance. 

Rangers were phenomenal. We were very poor. But... We have been great. We're just no good enough. Their players are more agile, quicker reaction times, stronger, faster. Performances in Glasgow are definitely something we need to work hard on. We need to play a different way where we can have control and defend better as a unit.

jock _turd

Agreed we have been on a great run and yesterday started the game poorly losing a very early goal  and just as we are getting back into the game lose another. Football is not a black and white game, games turn completely on the slightest of mistakes and that second goal was the straw that done our camels back. I will be worried if SN does not illicit a reaction from the boys for Wednesday but hey I will take losing one game out of twelve to the current best team in the league... current thats unintendedly funny 😂😂

2 hours ago, bigdav said:

Did you miss when we won at Parkhead?

No, I didn’t and I’m not saying sack / dump whoever (I’m usually accused of being a ‘happy-clapper’)

I just don’t think we should be getting beaten 5-0 by any Scottish team.

I was speaking to a hibs fan at the gym yesterday morning and it's not just us, every fan base has it.

You listen to that Talk Sport you have Liverpool fans calling for Klopp out after the Arsenal game, you had Celtic fans calling out there team a few defeats in after all the trophies they win.

Yesterday was disappointing, of course it was. But in Glasgow under Naismith we have been better thus season. Yesterday was poor but needs put in a box. It's not like this team have made a habit of these performances of late.  They have the chance to show some character Wednesday.

We're some people expecting a win yesterday? Look no issue with that and the performance was disappointing. But we just need to take some measured perspective. Let's get 3rd in the bag, kick on in the cup and see where we are at. 

wattie exploited
3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

yeah getting gubbed 5-0 is great but even better is how shit we play against rangers most off the time away  it might help if the managers dont always come out with we are going to attack them then just shit the bed !   

people can put up with getting beat if the team actuality  play pretty well but rangers could have had at least 8 goals yesterday really bad defending !!!!!!!!!

Bull's-eye

"We Shit the bed".

The default setting of the numb nut brigade.

Maple Leaf

Yesterday was a bad result.  Very disappointing for all of us.  But it wasn't the first time in Glasgow and it won't be the last.

Nothing much has changed though.  We're still odds-on to finish in 3rd place, which is as much as we expected at the beginning of the season.

Let's hope that our players, coaches, and manager learned a lesson from the experience.

Now, let's get on with the rest of the season.

ArcticJambo
3 hours ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Grow up mate. We shouldn't be getting beat by any Scottish club 5 zip....as a poster on a different thread stated. 

And he's right....we should never be beaten by any other Scottish club 5-0

Checked London Hearts, we lost by 5 to Rangers in 2019 and 2022 (the Feb 3mo beforre their Europa Final). 

Before that the last time we lost by a five gioal margin (to Rangers) was at Ibrox in the SC quarters in March 1980, while we were in the 1st Dividion, we lost 6-1 that day.

Us on a run, the geenral state of thr players playing for the OF this season (they're really not hat good, good enough to with the league of course) should have made for a resonably competitive game.  We shat it, without Rangers having to really get out of 2nd gear.

Yesterday was the fourth time in 44 years, and that's us on the back of a 28/30pts run to a team with boys playing that hardly any of us have heard of. Didn't even need the officials. :lol:

1 hour ago, mscjambo said:

I was speaking to a hibs fan at the gym yesterday morning and it's not just us, every fan base has it.

You listen to that Talk Sport you have Liverpool fans calling for Klopp out after the Arsenal game, you had Celtic fans calling out there team a few defeats in after all the trophies they win.

Yesterday was disappointing, of course it was. But in Glasgow under Naismith we have been better thus season. Yesterday was poor but needs put in a box. It's not like this team have made a habit of these performances of late.  They have the chance to show some character Wednesday.

We're some people expecting a win yesterday? Look no issue with that and the performance was disappointing. But we just need to take some measured perspective. Let's get 3rd in the bag, kick on in the cup and see where we are at. 

Not sure if people were expecting to win yesterday. I suspect most were hoping we would compete given the form in which we've had approaching the game. The concession of a goal inside opening 10 mins of these games is a recurring theme. I don't believe this is something that can be levelled at Kilmarnock under McInnes against the uglies. I appreciate it's hard to legislate for such abysmal individual errors. But experience tells us that setting up against Rangers with a back 3 is begging for problems. Is it an organisation issue as well as a budget gulf? 

We shouldn't be losing 5-0 to anyone in this league. Happened at Ibrox far too frequently to be dismissed as an isolated incident. 

Pans Jambo
15 hours ago, saxondale said:

No one is suggesting you shouldn't be pissed off after today's result and performance.

The point the OP is making is to have a bit of perspective on this game, and how the season is gone generally.

Posting hyperbole nonsense contributes nothing to the forum and it perpetuates certain lines of thinking that are clearly ill thought out (to say the least).

I dont disagree. Saying shite like “Naismith should go” etc. is just a nonsense given its our first defeat this year. 
Folk are allowed to be angry with that performance and perhaps some should type what they want…then delete it before posting. Get the anger off your chest then move on. Hearts will be back to winning ways on Wendesday. 

Hearts were pish yesterday but its not my first rodeo in that respect. 

16 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

We’ve just been cuffed 5-0 I think folk are entitled to seethe over it on the day. Especially as such a big aspect of it was self inflicted. 

If we get through in the cup there’s every chance we’ll face rangers in a semi or a final so we need to find a new way of playing against them. We need to find a way to beat them. 

Yep, folk are entitled to be annoyed. They care. Bigger worry would be if like Hibs we just shrugged and moved onto the next defeat with zero expectations/demands being put on the players. 

Hollier than thou threads sneering at other fans for being upset/frustrated are just a bit wank. I think its good up to a point that there is anger after a loss. Players should feel that and hopefully it will spur them on to keep improviing and making those moments few and far between. 

Nobody IMO is annoyed we went to Ibrox and lost, they're annoyed that senior players very clearly didn't turn up. We have internationals and a very good level of experience throughout this team. Rangers and Celtic can absolutely still beat us, but those games should still be competitive affairs, not 5 zip drubbings. 

saxondale
7 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I dont disagree. Saying shite like “Naismith should go” etc. is just a nonsense given its our first defeat this year. 
Folk are allowed to be angry with that performance and perhaps some should type what they want…then delete it before posting. Get the anger off your chest then move on. Hearts will be back to winning ways on Wendesday. 

Hearts were pish yesterday but its not my first rodeo in that respect. 

If you don't disagree, why did you post what you did? It seemed to be having a go at the OP (even though his comments were accurate). Correct me if I am wrong though.

Of course folk are entitled to be angry, but some of the rubbish that was being trotted out was bang out of line and incorrect - which was the point the OP was making.

Yeah, it's important we get back to winning ways on Wednesday.

saxondale
4 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

We shat it big time.

Rangers were not superb? Did you miss nearly every pundit and their own manager saying that was their best performance by far this season?

Agentjambo
17 hours ago, mr fox said:

Aussies must go 
What are these idiots on 

You can’t put people down for having ambitions to be better.

Go for it 1308
1 hour ago, ArcticJambo said:

Checked London Hearts, we lost by 5 to Rangers in 2019 and 2022 (the Feb 3mo beforre their Europa Final). 

Before that the last time we lost by a five gioal margin (to Rangers) was at Ibrox in the SC quarters in March 1980, while we were in the 1st Dividion, we lost 6-1 that day.

Us on a run, the geenral state of thr players playing for the OF this season (they're really not hat good, good enough to with the league of course) should have made for a resonably competitive game.  We shat it, without Rangers having to really get out of 2nd gear.

Yesterday was the fourth time in 44 years, and that's us on the back of a 28/30pts run to a team with boys playing that hardly any of us have heard of. Didn't even need the officials. :lol:

Cheers for that. It's done....we move on. Let's pump that shower of shite on Wednesday and get back on it👍

ArcticJambo
4 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Cheers for that. It's done....we move on. Let's pump that shower of shite on Wednesday and get back on it👍

Aye, it's all we can do.  Confident he'll have them up for it. :thumbsup:

Go for it 1308
Just now, ArcticJambo said:

Aye, it's all we can do.  Confident he'll have them up for it. :thumbsup:

Can't wait 👍