*** Official Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian Match day thread ( PPV available )***

Bazzas right boot

The draw I can live with, but that performance was so disappointing.

We were so timid first half, and obliterated in the wide areas in the second.

Thought we never put Fish or Bushiri under enough consistent pressure. Midfield looked slow to support when we did get it forward, and the two golden chances second half Vargas made an absolute meal of.

Sort it out for Sunday otherwise another 

5-0 is on the cards

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

Absolutely awful.

poor tactics/formation from the off and the same slow start that has to sit on Naismith.

it was obvious that the shape was wrong with 2 players doubled up on Atkinson because Vargas was too busy trying to go forward and was shit at it.

Fraser was abysmal  and hasnt shown anything.

Devlin is a very limited football player which meant midfield was non existant.

Forrest at least tried to be positive

So much of that game was horrendous.

We were lucky.

Absolutely but Forrest didn’t do anything of note, he tried.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Forrest was getting too predictable, cutting inside all the time.  Vargas just has no composure. 

Agreed.

StirlingJambo

Would not be bothered if we never seen Atkinson or beni in a hearts strip again. Atkinson especially, who was laughably bad. Game was crying out for Tait who has composure, finds space and isn’t scared to play the ball forward.

Jamboelite
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely but Forrest didn’t do anything of note, he tried.

Marginally better than an awful Vargas who cant calm himself when opportunities come his way.

Edited by Jamboelite

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

We SHOULD have more chance of winning a Derby, especially at home, I was trying to work out Naismith’s reasons for putting Pollock on instead of Tait? I suppose we will never find out.

Just for the record PfK, I couldn’t care what side of arse cheeks wins the League.😁👍

Three home draws against them now.
I know you don't care, but If the manager is keeping players for Sunday then he obviously does, and thats unacceptable. 

tiger Rudi
15 minutes ago, feej said:

See Blair Spittal scored again, would be a better bet than Fraser. Dunno what's happened to him, not the player I remember.

Don't know what length of contract he's on but him and Dhanda would be better than Fraser and Grant. I do have a bit of time for Grant but he just doesn't do it often enough for me and is not one that can chip in with a few goals. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Jamboelite said:

Marginally better than an awful Vargas who can calm himself when opportunities come his way.

At least he got the chances, take a breath and decide. Watch Shankland. 

Jamboelite
5 minutes ago, StirlingJambo said:

Would not be bothered if we never seen Atkinson or beni in a hearts strip again. Atkinson especially, who was laughably bad. Game was crying out for Tait who has composure, finds space and isn’t scared to play the ball forward.

Beni didnt do too much wrong he wasnt  great but he is better than Devlin and i agree on Atkinson

Edited by Jamboelite

Pasquale for King
Just now, tiger Rudi said:

Don't know what length of contract he's on but him and Dhanda would be better than Fraser and Grant. I do have a bit of time for Grant but he just doesn't do it often enough for me and is not one that can chip in with a few goals. 

Free this summer. Contributes more than Dhanda or that thug at St Johnstone 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

Beni didnt do too much wrong but wasnt  great but he is better than Fevlin but agree on Atkinson

He can go forward but just refuses to do so .

I thought we were really poor . The draw flattered us a bit imo . Really disappointed in the performance from the last two games . Hopefully Naismith has a bit more about him than the complete arse collapse that Neilson oversaw after St Mirren last season . Not going to single out individuals though , we should have been much better as a team 

Just now, tiger Rudi said:

Spittal free at the end of the season. Grants not for me, again tonight shit out a couple tackles, floats about not contributing much.

Midfield overhaul in the summer required, get some footballers in their with the Hoff.

Jamboelite
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Free this summer. Contributes more than Dhanda or that thug at St Johnstone 

I find Grant flatters to deceive he doesnt do anything particularly well.

StirlingJambo
2 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Beni didnt do too much wrong but wasnt  great but he is better than Devlin but agree on Atkinson

Agree he’s better than devlin but that wouldn’t be hard. Beni cuts about the park like he’s just woke up from a 2 day bender. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Three home draws against them now.
I know you don't care, but If the manager is keeping players for Sunday then he obviously does, and thats unacceptable. 

A big if there PfK, and IF he was saving players for Sunday instead of trying his hardest to beat the vermin? You bet yer arse I would care! Please don’t suggest I don’t care bro. I will probably need a couple of days to get my voice back after shouting myself hoarse at the match.😖

14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He and Shankland play in the same area though, hes a sub nowadays. 

5 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Absolutely awful.

poor tactics/formation from the off and the same slow start that has to sit on Naismith.

it was obvious that the shape was wrong with 2 players doubled up on Atkinson because Vargas was too busy trying to go forward and was shit at it.

Fraser was abysmal  and hasnt shown anything.

Devlin is a very limited football player which meant midfield was non existant.

Forrest at least tried to be positive

So much of that game was horrendous.

We were lucky.

I'd agree we were lucky, but your criticism of some players is ott, formation & style of play is down to coach & manager, when not working and when needed a change coaching and man management was sadly lacking, we've ridden our luck in a few games, tonight was not any different, other than the result...

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

I find Grant flatters to deceive he doesnt do anything particularly well.

Definitely. Get rid of him in the summer. 

Just now, Jam-Tart said:

I'd agree we were lucky, but your criticism of some players is ott, formation & style of play is down to coach & manager, when not working and when needed a change coaching and man management was sadly lacking, we've ridden our luck in a few games, tonight was not any different, other than the result...

Left footed Fraser playing wide right summed up tonight's shambles. Pressure on now for Sunday. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Jam-Tart said:

If thats for me my criticism of the players is always ott, apologies. Especially after a poor derby performance, im up for Italian style baseball bats at Oriam tomorrow tbh 🤬🤪?!?!

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Left footed Fraser playing wide right summed up tonight's shambles. Pressure on now for Sunday. 

Right footed Forrest on the left, two fullbacks playing inverted, Vargas behind Shankland allowing them to push up, no space in midfield 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🤦🏽?!?!

tiger Rudi
10 minutes ago, feej said:

Spittal free at the end of the season. Grants not for me, again tonight shit out a couple tackles, floats about not contributing much.

Midfield overhaul in the summer required, get some footballers in their with the Hoff.

Spittal would be a great piece of business on a free!! 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, StirlingJambo said:

He didn’t help himself by not putting Fraser central earlier or taking him off at Ht, making one sub at a time meaning only 3 chances to make subs. 

17 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

He's out of contract at the end of the season i think. I have said before he would be good for us as well as Phillips from St Johnstone.

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If thats for me my criticism of the players is always ott, apologies. Especially after a poor derby performance, im up for Italian style baseball bats at Oriam tomorrow tbh 🤬🤪?!?!

lol 👍 

Hibe deliveries were good and they threatened us a lot down their left. Maolida looks like a player - how are they affording him?

Kent and Kingsley played out of their skins tonight. Probably saved us a drubbing.

We need to sort out midfield. Far too lightweight. We look physically less robust than just about every team out there. I agree that Atkinson is a weakness and Rowles has good games but is not great against physical players. Not inspired by Grant or Fraser either.

3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Lucky to be level at HT. Much better required in the 2nd half.

PS @Laurie - would that foul on Vargas for the pen be a free kick anywhere else on the field? The answer is Yes. Therefore, penalty.

It's not a foul for me, I haven't been convinced otherwise since seeing it again. As I said during commentary, if that's Boyle at the other end of the field we're all livid. Contact doesn't make it a foul and I don't see enough contact to warrant it being penalised, Vargas chucks himself down a moment later. I'm sure some will disagree, all about opinions I guess - that's just my view of it though. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He's out of contract at the end of the season i think. I have said before he would be good for us as well as Phillips from St Johnstone.

Phillips ffs, can barely get a game for them and Is a red card in waiting every game. We wont progress signing a guy like him. 

11 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Left footed Fraser playing wide right summed up tonight's shambles. Pressure on

👍

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Laurie said:

It's not a foul for me, I haven't been convinced otherwise since seeing it again. As I said during commentary, if that's Boyle at the other end of the field we're all livid. Contact doesn't make it a foul and I don't see enough contact to warrant it being penalised, Vargas chucks himself down a moment later. I'm sure some will disagree, all about opinions I guess - that's just my view of it though. 

Wow. Fish's ineptitude caused the penalty. The idea that he "pulled out" and therefore it isn't a foul is nonsense. He clipped him and it is a foul. Therefore, penalty. Recall the one Cochrane gave away against Celtic earlier in the season? Same dice. "Soft" but a foul.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Laurie said:

The only person that matters disagreed, twice, thankfully.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Wow. Fish's ineptitude caused the penalty. The idea that he "pulled out" and therefore it isn't a foul is nonsense. He clipped him and it is a foul. Therefore, penalty. Recall the one Cochrane gave away against Celtic earlier in the season? Same dice. "Soft" but a foul.

Definitely 

16 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Aye, so it is. :rofl:

2 minutes ago, Laurie said:

How powerful was the back heel into Vargas's foot?, hard to decipher? but on tv reel it shows enough to affect the players balance, therefore  IMHO the player is illegally brought down and as such as much it was soft, a definite penalty it was...

8 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I was livid at that Celtic one, closest I've come to losing professionalism on comms this season (bar Hearts goals, of course 😝). Neither that, or the one tonight, were penalties in my view, but I'm not going to debate it too much - obviously I'll take it this evening as without the spot kick we're probably leaving with nothing out of the game! 

1 minute ago, Laurie said:

I was livid at that Celtic one, closest I've come to losing professionalism on comms this season (bar Hearts goals, of course 😝). Neither that, or the one tonight, were penalties in my view, but I'm not going to debate it too much - obviously I'll take it this evening as without the spot kick we're probably leaving with nothing out of the game! 

We need more loss of professionalism on hearts tv

19 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

2025 his contract is up. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Winner v Celtic on Sunday and I promise I'll lose all my sh1t... 😅

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely 

It was definitely soft but we have had them given against us.

Midfield set up was awful tonight but at least it’s not a defeat against the unwashed.

4 minutes ago, Laurie said:

Winner v Celtic on Sunday and I promise I'll lose all my sh1t... 😅

Will see it on the full match replay which is available to Uk subscribers for an absolute bargain price of 50 odd quid for a year. 

Wee plug for you 😀

Edited by GinRummy

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Why not just go to the games instead of watching on tv job done.

Der Kaiser

Looked a very nervy performance from us. Dont think we created any real chances as they were more to do with mistakes by Hibs than us fashioning something. 

Vargas showed a bit of immaturity with his hacking at the chances he had when he should at least be shooting across goal if he's not lifting his head to look for a square ball.

Then add in our shape that gave Hibs far too much space and a draw flatters us.

On the plus side that seemed to be Hibs at their best......and they still couldn't beat us.

Also Let's cut their allocation if their fans are going to behave as disgusting as they were.

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

A big if there PfK, and IF he was saving players for Sunday instead of trying his hardest to beat the vermin? You bet yer arse I would care! Please don’t suggest I don’t care bro. I will probably need a couple of days to get my voice back after shouting myself hoarse at the match.😖

Sorry I meant you don't care who wins the league, most of us don't.
If he was saving players for Sunday, disregarding a derby, after another meek capitulation against Rangers then thats all wrong. 
I was actually confident of our hun ladened squad and coaching staff would have us up for Sunday but Im not sure now. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, bawheed said:

It was definitely soft but we have had them given against us.

Midfield set up was awful tonight but at least it’s not a defeat against the unwashed.

Feels like one. 

6 minutes ago, bawheed said:

Why not just go to the games instead of watching on tv job done.

I’m a season ticket holder and hearts tv subscriber bawheed. I like to watch the games back on hearts tv if we win.

Hearts of Vladland
22 minutes ago, Laurie said:

Watch the angle from behind the tackle, watch Vargas’ body at the point of contact from Fish’s hip, he has impeded Vargas without making contact with the ball. If Fish doesn’t make the contact Vargas, he is in a good position in the box with the ball. I don’t know how folk think it isn’t a penalty, there is more than enough contact to go down, if you debate that you haven’t had a man the size of Fish run into you. 

Bongo 1874
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sorry but a derby is more important than Celtic, for Hearts fans anyway, who cares if Rangers win the league?

Motherwell at home first half pish,Rangers away tempo,intensity, zero.

Hibs tonight the exact same.

We made that Bournemouth loan player, look like ****ing Eric Cantona Tonight.

Again standing off players, and allowing them to knock it about us.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Motherwell at home first half pish,Rangers away tempo,intensity, zero.

Hibs tonight the exact same.

We made that Bournemouth loan player, look like ****ing Eric Cantona Tonight.

Again standing off players, and allowing them to knock it about us.

Add in Dundee and Ross County too, another manager that is stubbornly sticking to his tactics that rarely produce a quick start. Before having to change when the 2nd half starts. 

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Hearts of Vladland said:

Watch the angle from behind the tackle, watch Vargas’ body at the point of contact from Fish’s hip, he has impeded Vargas without making contact with the ball. If Fish doesn’t make the contact Vargas, he is in a good position in the box with the ball. I don’t know how folk think it isn’t a penalty, there is more than enough contact to go down, if you debate that you haven’t had a man the size of Fish run into you. 

Exactly