Steven Pressley interview

Perrykitch

The Hogfather
21 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

You have a rather annoying habit of posting as though you are more knowledgable than most on here. You cooled a bit once Bob was sacked after criticising fans for months before on their opinions. 
Apologies if bringing up Bob has triggered you, goodness knows how you’d react if say someone mentioned a certain poster wanting our rivals to win a cup 😁👍

Tosh doesn't like being reminded of him wanting Hibs to win the Scottish Cup in 2016, probably because it undermines everything he's ever said since.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• Sir PH

• Pasquale for King

4 hours ago, Dazo said:

There was shitloads of booing. No problem with that but ffs is he not entitled to give a bit back ? Why should he just take it after the service he gave us ? 

Well, some of the fans who didn't boo him didn't deserve that response, and that has probably turned a lot more fans against him who would have happily see him retain his legend status.

5 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Vlad wasn't at the chest thumping game so it wasn't directed to him.  It was simply an attempt to ingratiate himself with the tramps from the west.

He has had ample opportunity to explain said action but clearly never felt the need once we stopped paying his wages.

Rhat.

Correct - close the thread  

7 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Tosh doesn't like being reminded of him wanting Hibs to win the Scottish Cup in 2016, probably because it undermines everything he's ever said since.

Yup very embarrassing for Tosh - shame 🥴

4 hours ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

He couldn’t help himself that day and relished being the centre of attention.  I recall that wee dick Strachan even made him captain. 

Seem to recall he unnecessarily ran half the length of the pitch to ensure he was seen to be celebrating at one of their goals.  This was even before the chest thumping nonsense. 

Had he just quietly played the game and acted respectfully towards the fans who had idolised him for years, he’d have been welcomed back a long time ago and might even been given the manager’s job at one point. 

Compare Pressley’s behaviour to Paul

Hartley when he returned to Tynecastle with Celtic - no childish over the top antics or celebrations, got on with the game and played hard and fair - and that’s why SPH will always be welcomed back to Tynecastle!

He even missed a penalty for Celtic in front of the smelly unwashed! 😉

The Real Maroonblood
40 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Mr Hearts. An absolute legend.

Only wee sensitive souls get upset about him.

:lol:
It’s like a battle to see who hates him the most.

Weird behaviour.

Hope he never gets another chance to slither back into Tynecastle.

If he does, I hope he’s booted straight back out on his belly.

Ideally by a pair of brown shoes.

Cameronstheman

These threads will always split Hearts fans

Great player, Captain but for me an all round Rat

Celtic fans hated him  as he tried to skin crawl over them , he would have swallowed there lot given a chance 

Fiery, no-nonsense player whose "take no prisoners, give everything for the team" attitude contributed so much to him being an excellent captain for Hearts, shocks fans by continuing to be the same sort of person when he leaves us and joins another club.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Forget Septic. The Falkirk game where he became a forerunner of VAR and got a penalty to us overturned should be reason enough for him to be persona non grata.

13 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Fiery, no-nonsense player whose "take no prisoners, give everything for the team" attitude contributed so much to him being an excellent captain for Hearts, shocks fans by continuing to be the same sort of person when he leaves us and joins another club.

Can’t remember him acting like a childish maniac winding up home fans at Ibrox or Tannadice! 🤔

Benny Klack

I’ve always liked Presley - gave his all for us when here, under some pretty trying circumstances as well to be fair. 

Yeah, the episode at Tynecastle when he was playing for Celtic was poor but I can forgive him unlike a lot of precious folks on here. 

As said many a time, football fans are fickle - we give out stacks of abuse but start crying when a player does something we don’t want to see.

For me, he’s one of only three captains I’ve witnessed lifting silverware. Pressley done so much good stuff whilst here that he’s still got credit in the bank with me despite his misdemeanour.

Folks don’t like it cos it was Celtic, let’s be honest - if it was Motherwell fans he did that in front of there would be no outrage. All that Snake Prhessley stuff is pretty cringe tbh. 

Cameronstheman
5 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

I’ve always liked Presley - gave his all for us when here, under some pretty trying circumstances as well to be fair. 

Yeah, the episode at Tynecastle when he was playing for Celtic was poor but I can forgive him unlike a lot of precious folks on here. 

As said many a time, football fans are fickle - we give out stacks of abuse but start crying when a player does something we don’t want to see.

For me, he’s one of only three captains I’ve witnessed lifting silverware. Pressley done so much good stuff whilst here that he’s still got credit in the bank with me despite his misdemeanour.

Folks don’t like it cos it was Celtic, let’s be honest - if it was Motherwell fans he did that in front of there would be no outrage. All that Snake Prhessley stuff is pretty cringe tbh. 

Aye, for you maybe, SP is a cringe fest IMO

Member going into Robbo's after a Hearts/Celtic game and the whole place was singing ''die die Pressley Pressley die'' i may have joined in !!

A lot of doormat types getting indignant that others do not want to cheer for a guy who was a ***** towards them 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, stevie1874 said:

You have a rather annoying habit of posting as though you are more knowledgable than most on here. You cooled a bit once Bob was sacked after criticising fans for months before on their opinions. 
Apologies if bringing up Bob has triggered you, goodness knows how you’d react if say someone mentioned a certain poster wanting our rivals to win a cup 😁👍

Not triggered at all.

Try and stick on topic. 

I am more knowledgeable than most on here, not all and it's hardly a badge of honour tbh. Some folk post utter shite.

I'd say I'm more knowledgeable than half tho, which is most.

Do you think calling our ex captain and cup winner a snake  is acceptable?

Do you think calling the CEO of our fine club a "twat" is OK?

I'll challenge such comments,  and I'm surprised more folk don't and even more surprised that posters like you attack me for calling out the more rabid posters.

Very strange behaviour, Stevie.

You're concerned with the wrong issues, unless you agree that Elvis  is a snake and our CEO is a twat, that would explain why you've chosen to pick up on my comments and go on about Bob and hibs winning the cup....on a thread called  "Steven Pressley Interview ", almost like you are looking for a wee fight.

Thunder and Lightning
1 hour ago, The Hogfather said:

Just point and laugh at him like most on here. 

Something missing in someone's life to post that amount of shite constantly. 😂 

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

A lot of doormat types getting indignant that others do not want to cheer for a guy who was a ***** towards them 

More sooky, precious types getting upset at an opposition player celebrating a goal v us and taking it personally. 

Cameronstheman
4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Not triggered at all.

Try and stick on topic. 

I am more knowledgeable than most on here, not all and it's hardly a badge of honour tbh. Some folk post utter shite.

I'll challenge such comments,  and I'm surprised more folk don't and even more surprised that posters like you attack me for calling out the more rabid posters.

You're concerned with the wrong issues, unless you agree that Elvis  is a snake and our CEO is a twat, that would explain why you've chosen to pick up on my comments and go on about Bob and hibs winning the cup....on a thread called  "Steven Pressley Interview ", almost like you are looking for a wee fight.

Nearly 70k posts, yeah we all hang on to your every post 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, The Hogfather said:

That's untrue. 

Read my signature on this very forum!

I don't like lies or talking about hibs cup win, but I'm open about  disliking the OF more than gibs, I still do.

If you like discussing hibs cup win and talking lies, then that's upto you.

Really doesn't bother me, but it does de rail topics which again is your call if you wanna talk about hibs cup win.

57 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

He was the first captain I properly remember and I would say when I think Hearts captain, its him that my mind automatically goes to. 

I think that might be why people were/are so annoyed at his chest beating antics. Like it felt like such a let down that a guy that we had all backed would go and do that. 

TBH the non-existant relationship he's had with the club since is sad, and it would be good if there could be some steps taken to repair it. I think from some of the posts here its been allowed to grow arms and legs. Yes it was disrespectful and ill judged, But I genuinely believe that he went from a place of thinking he would end his career with us and eventually end up managing us, to having a piss weak board and megalomaniac owner rip that away from him. I absolutely do not believe that the chest beating was anything to do with the fans (despite the inference). I think part of the problem though is Pressley hasn't properly spoken about it before, and some sort of apology/ explanation would go a long way to fixing things - although as time has allowed things to fester, there will be elements that won't accept regardless, but in terms of the majority of people, this would probably sort it. 

I've said earlier in the thread that if the club is planning any sort of media stuff involving former captains, then I think it would be a fantastic thing to do. The thing I took away most from his interview with a sense of hurt and upset about it. The club obviously meant a great deal to him. Christ his laddie was with us as a youngster up to 2013... 

Edited by OTT

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Forget Septic. The Falkirk game where he became a forerunner of VAR and got a penalty to us overturned should be reason enough for him to be persona non grata.

I was at the Falkirk League Cup game back in 2010 when he was manager of Falkirk. The support that night was pretty clear in their feelings towards him. 

stevie1874
18 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Not triggered at all.

Try and stick on topic. 

I’ve no problem with Pressley or our CEO but if some people do then that’s their opinion which on a forum they are entitled to express. You get so wound up that you resort to your usual patter of trying to put people down and expressing how knowledgeable you are. Not looking for a wee fight as you put it, life’s to short  to be bickering on here especially with someone like yourself. I’ll just try and ignore your condescending posts from now on . 👍

Benny Klack
1 hour ago, Cameronstheman said:

Aye, for you maybe, SP is a cringe fest IMO

Member going into Robbo's after a Hearts/Celtic game and the whole place was singing ''die die Pressley Pressley die'' i may have joined in !!

Cool story bro 👍

Benny Klack
20 minutes ago, OTT said:

He was the first captain I properly remember and I would say when I think Hearts captain, its him that my mind automatically goes to. 

I think that might be why people were/are so annoyed at his chest beating antics. Like it felt like such a let down that a guy that we had all backed would go and do that. 

TBH the non-existant relationship he's had with the club since is sad, and it would be good if there could be some steps taken to repair it. I think from some of the posts here its been allowed to grow arms and legs. Yes it was disrespectful and ill judged, But I genuinely believe that he went from a place of thinking he would end his career with us and eventually end up managing us, to having a piss weak board and megalomaniac owner rip that away from him. I absolutely do not believe that the chest beating was anything to do with the fans (despite the inference). I think part of the problem though is Pressley hasn't properly spoken about it before, and some sort of apology/ explanation would go a long way to fixing things - although as time has allowed things to fester, there will be elements that won't accept regardless, but in terms of the majority of people, this would probably sort it. 

I've said earlier in the thread that if the club is planning any sort of media stuff involving former captains, then I think it would be a fantastic thing to do. The thing I took away most from his interview with a sense of hurt and upset about it. The club obviously meant a great deal to him. Christ his laddie was with us as a youngster up to 2013... 

Don’t understand the clamour for him to come out and apologise or make any statement - folks should get over themselves. I liked him at the time but don’t lose any sleep about him now. 

Percival King

Each to their own but as a supporter who genuinely thought he'd go his whole life without seeing Hearts win a trophy, I'm not going to turn one of only 3 cup winning captains, one of the best captains in my lifetime, a cracking defender and a quality penalty taker into a hate figure. We've had dozens and dozens of players down the years who didn't contribute a fraction of what Pressley did. I didn't like what Pressley did with the chest thumping but, if I'm being charitable, he'd left us and was a Celtic employee, paid by them. All I really expect from any Hearts player is to work hard, do their best, be committed and have a good attitude and, for me, Pressley did those things whilst he was our player (and so did Andy Halliday). There's enough people in Scottish football that I dislike without adding a cup winning captain to that list. 

A total lack of respect to our football club.

A great player, a wonderful captain who choose grievance over loyalty.

Suck it up Elvis. You made that choice.

We move on.

10 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

Don’t understand the clamour for him to come out and apologise or make any statement - folks should get over themselves. I liked him at the time but don’t lose any sleep about him now. 

Just to put the issue to rest, as this thread demonstrates folk aren't :lol: and he clearly wants some sort of resolution. 

AC Mallin_51
7 hours ago, Chaps said:

There folk on here that call Vlad a legend. We were minutes away from going out of business and made our club a laughing stock at times.

17 years later and folk still hold a grudge over a stupid celebration.

It hurt at the time but he was a wonderful player, captain and servant to our club.

This sums it all up perfectly 

I don't really care about the chest thumping anymore, life's too short, it was the Proclaimers cd in his car that I can't forgive.😒

Drylaw Hearts

Elvis was a fantastic captain and gave his absolute all for the club…..especially in his last couple of seasons.

But he knows why he isn’t being asked back……he’s not that stupid…...it would cause an unnecessary division amongst the fans on a match day.

He made a selfish choice when signing for Celtic….he had options elsewhere but chose a direct and despised rival. I have absolutely no issue with him being selfish….but I don’t think he should be publicly calling the club out for not giving him the red carpet treatment since he left.

Also…..I do feel he’s gone a bit Billy Davies and thinks he’s a something special and deserves more from football. He has his chances as a manager and blew it several times over.

Mister Dee

A hero when he played for us. 

I spoke to him in the street the day before he was sacked & he was confident of it all being sorted out & playing again soon. 
The sacking was ridiculous. 

9 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Vlad wasn't at the chest thumping game so it wasn't directed to him.  It was simply an attempt to ingratiate himself with the tramps from the west.

He has had ample opportunity to explain said action but clearly never felt the need once we stopped paying his wages.

Rhat.

There's really not too much to add to this perfect summing up of the whole situation. 

Pressley acted like a snake on his return. 

Paul Hartley acted like a guy who respected the Hearts support. 

8 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

He's a captain of a Hearts cup winning team and is a legend. 

He should be welcomed back by all of our support but because he went to Celtic, he upset some of our small minded delicate support who wouldn't have cared how he celebrated had he gone to Sevco. 

Paul Hartley made the exact same move, but for some reason is still a hero to the Hearts support. That blows your Sevco pish analogy right out of the water.

Tynecastle Valhalla

Elvis was an incredibly good Hearts captain for a long period of time. 

He was often a 8 out of 10 performer in games too.

Bungalow Bill

I remember being absolutely gutted when he did the chest thumping, I could even understand why he signed for Celtic. Up until last year I’d have said he wasn’t welcome back, but really life is too short. He was a great captain and player for us. I’d like our support to forgive him. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Paul Hartley made the exact same move, but for some reason is still a hero to the Hearts support. That blows your Sevco pish analogy right out of the water.

I know Sevco mean a lot to you but I could give a toss what you think. 

Nothing against him but since quitting football if he was chocolate he would eat himself….I reckon that’s the main reason he hasn’t made it in management because he had all the attributes to be a top class manager. 

Thunder and Lightning
19 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Yet you feel the need to make sure he knows you don't care? 😂 

22 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Thanks 👍 

Nice dodging of the Paul Hartley point.👍

6 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Thanks 👍 

Nice dodging of the Paul Hartley point.👍

👍

9 hours ago, Perrykitch said:

Aware I'm a bit late on this but genuinely interested in what people on here think.

Saw this interview earlier from a few months back about why Elvis stayed down south and the bridges he'd burnt up in Scotland due to the clubs he'd played for, of course he specifically referenced his experience at Hearts during the turbulent 05/06 season. I know he divides our support a little but I was fairly shocked he hadn't been asked back to Tynecastle in an y capacity after all these years. I wonder if it's fear of him being booed or not being welcome by some sections of the support.

Is most of the negativity towards him over the infamous Celtic celebration? or is there more to it that I am not remembering? My personal opinion is he was trying to steer the club through a time when things were absolutely mad behind the scenes. I am sure he supported players and was looking out for the interests of the club, who in that season, could have achieved the unthinkable had Romanov not intervened in the way that he did.  He led by example and was one of the best captains we have had in recent times, lifting a cup in the process. Even if that celebration didn't sit well (which I completely recognise), the lasting memory of this guy is overwhelmingly a positive one.

I'd quite like to see him back at Tynecastle in some capacity and his achievements recognised.

Nope.

Can't forgive the chest pump.

I felt gutted at the time.

Stupid yes I am

Snakey arselicking snake

Na.

Leave that to ithers

How many former players return to their previous clubs and show respect, about 98% I recon. The other 2% best forgotten about, he let himself down that day, zero respect shown to us so why should we show any to him. He wouldn't be welcome by me back at Tynecastle.

doddsyJR9

I could write a book, but never will. Good People. Hammy from Beaverbank was one of the best as was the Claremont Court people. Good guys. 

As a young warthog I was centreback myself, Pressley was everything I aspired to be. Hearts captain, a true leader and monumental figure representing the club and national sides. I would study how he played week in, week out to help my own performances and truly learned a lot from him. 

His stance as one of the mad vlad oot squad was inspirational, I knew they were putting themselves in the firing line but I truly felt he had the clubs best interests at heart. My team, my captain. A true professional it seemed, an honourable player and man.

He then broke my teenage jambo heart with his antics. I can never forgive him, I will not forgive him. 

It seems pathetic but he was my hero as a young player, and in one move, he ruined everything i saw him as.

Do not come back.

58 minutes ago, Big Chae said:

As a young warthog I was centreback myself, Pressley was everything I aspired to be. Hearts captain, a true leader and monumental figure representing the club and national sides. I would study how he played week in, week out to help my own performances and truly learned a lot from him. 

His stance as one of the mad vlad oot squad was inspirational, I knew they were putting themselves in the firing line but I truly felt he had the clubs best interests at heart. My team, my captain. A true professional it seemed, an honourable player and man.

He then broke my teenage jambo heart with his antics. I can never forgive him, I will not forgive him. 

It seems pathetic but he was my hero as a young player, and in one move, he ruined everything i saw him as.

Do not come back.

Truly pathetic.

1 hour ago, Big Chae said:

Do not come back.

😂😂😅😂😂😅

Hopefully you mature a bit over the next few years!!!