Steven Pressley interview

Perrykitch

1971fozzy
On 15/02/2024 at 12:31, RedStarRiot said:

One of the best captains and defenders in my life time. 

He should be a legend but that celebration really tainted his legacy. 

summed up. All so he could get brownie points with the filth in the stands. Was completely disrespectful to Hearts fans and there was no need. By all means celebrate but it went over the line. 
he would be legendary status but for that which is sad

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• Sir PH

• Pasquale for King

Hearts_fan
37 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

He is a fu king snake.

That will never ever change for me.

He shat on our badge.  Unforgivable.

Well, you’ve just shat on a Cup winning legend.

Thunder and Lightning
6 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Is there a website where we can sign up to this? 😂 

ZadokThePriest
On 15/02/2024 at 20:06, Cameronstheman said:

Nearly 70k posts, yeah we all hang on to your every post 

😁

Armageddon
1 hour ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Is there a website where we can sign up to this? 😂 

£9.99 to shite on the S(h)nake, all proceeds to the FoH, make it happen Hearts and spend the £300M wisely.

Thunder and Lightning
23 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

£9.99 to shite on the S(h)nake, all proceeds to the FoH, make it happen Hearts and spend the £300M wisely.

😂 

hearts 4 the cup
On 15/02/2024 at 12:31, RedStarRiot said:

One of the best captains and defenders in my life time. 

He should be a legend but that celebration really tainted his legacy. 

Has to be this. Why did he need to do that! Tainted a solid legacy. Quality centre back, proper old school on the defensive side but could play too. 

Samuel Camazzola

The whole divisive opinion on him seems to have grown arms and legs over the years. At the time, the incident blew over quickly. At Robbie's testimonial, he was given a rapturous reception - only bettered by the one Rudi received. 

I recall a poster on here insisting he was kissing the Celtic badge on the day! 😂 

He'll always be a legend! 🏆 

heartyhub

Fantastic captain at a very difficult period. Courageously calling out the owner as to what was happening knowing it would end his time at Hearts. Disappointed he went to celtic but have absolutely no hard feelings towards the guy. Would love him and others of the time to be welcomed back to Tynecastle.

IMG_0412.webp

Edited by heartyhub
Add pic

spirt of 98

Just watching Pressley and I feel we’ve done him dirty. 

Great Captain gave his all for Hearts.He says he had a character/persona during games where he was the Daddy and he puffed out his chest and wound up other players. I get it man was a winner.

He says he was booed at Tynecastle on his return with Celtic from the warm up to every touch of the ball and felt disappointed after all he gave the club. The chest beating was part of his persona. My memory of all this is hazy and all I remember was the chest beating. 

I get it, football fans can be C U next Tuesdays. It’s like when players get abused for 90 minutes and have one wee reaction people are on them saying how bad they are for reacting.

I for one would love to see him invited back to Hearts. Still remember the way he drove the team on. One particular hazy memory was him scoring in Falkirk when we were down to ten men and on the back foot. His passion after the goal still makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck now. He really got Hearts. 

Get him invited back. He looked sad when he said he’d never been invited back. We can’t treat a cup winning Captain like this. 

i wish jj was my dad
24 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

The whole divisive opinion on him seems to have grown arms and legs over the years. At the time, the incident blew over quickly. At Robbie's testimonial, he was given a rapturous reception - only bettered by the one Rudi received. 

I recall a poster on here insisting he was kissing the Celtic badge on the day! 😂 

He'll always be a legend! 🏆 

Yip. He carried the club and was completely invested. I just think he is that kind of heart on the skeeve type of guy with 100% commitment. 

He knows what he did but is too dogmatic to acknowledge it. 

Oda be a JT

I have no ill feeling against him, was a tremendous captain for us.

What does get me is his ridiculous boring way of talking…really grinds my gears!

On 17/02/2024 at 01:15, BigAlim said:

Pressley is a big jobby, Hartley is a legend

Every time I come back to this thread for a catch up, I see your post and read it to the tune of Yankee-Doodle.:lol:

54 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Great Captain gave his all for Hearts.He says he had a character/persona during games where he was the Daddy and he puffed out his chest and wound up other players. I get it man was a winner.

He says he was booed at Tynecastle on his return with Celtic from the warm up to every touch of the ball and felt disappointed after all he gave the club. The chest beating was part of his persona. My memory of all this is hazy and all I remember was the chest beating. 

I get it, football fans can be C U next Tuesdays. It’s like when players get abused for 90 minutes and have one wee reaction people are on them saying how bad they are for reacting.

I for one would love to see him invited back to Hearts. Still remember the way he drove the team on. One particular hazy memory was him scoring in Falkirk when we were down to ten men and on the back foot. His passion after the goal still makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck now. He really got Hearts. 

Get him invited back. He looked sad when he said he’d never been invited back. We can’t treat a cup winning Captain like this. 

He was disappointed to be booed when he came back with Celtic. I’ve said that back in my mind a few times and I’m not sure what he would have expected. If it bothered him so much he could have not bothered with the chest thumping. He clearly liked Celtic so he could always go back there and do the hospitality or appear on the pitch at half time. 

On 16/02/2024 at 20:23, Hearts_fan said:

Pressley done that himself.

HEARTS FOREVER

Loved Big Elvis , one of the best captains I’ve seen play for the club.

Played for the club at a difficult time, and was probably spot on with his stance, but any guy that thinks he won’t get booed in a Celtic jersey coming back to Tynecastle must be off his rocker.

The chest thumping didn’t help his case either. 

Definitely a player who loves the club and should really be welcomed back. I think he knows himself he was wrong what he done. 

6 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

I think he knows himself he was wrong what he done. 

And yet he has never said this himself 

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Every time I come back to this thread for a catch up, I see your post and read it to the tune of Yankee-Doodle.:lol:

Nooooo!

King prawn
42 minutes ago, Oda be a JT said:

What does get me is his ridiculous boring way of talking…really grinds my gears!

This is where I’m at. Great leader on the pitch for us but his way of speaking does my head in. 

Bazzas right boot

The petted lips by a few are big on this thread, folk tripping over their bottom lip.

He chest thumped!

He celebrated a goal!

He's naw apologised !

Club captain,  cup winner,  cracking player- legend.

Must be a thing with Hearts fans and centre halfs.

Pressley- snake

Cl- loser,  etc.

There's even a poster with the user name " Berrassobad".

You'd think these guys played for hibs with the open abuse and freedom they post with  on a Hearts forum.

Bazzas right boot
46 minutes ago, Oda be a JT said:

Imagine a pint with him and that Shelly Kerr.

:nojustno:

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The petted lips by a few are big on this thread, folk tripping over their bottom lip.

He chest thumped!

He celebrated a goal!

He's naw apologised !

Club captain,  cup winner,  cracking player- legend.

Must be a thing with Hearts fans and centre halfs.

Pressley- snake

Cl- loser,  etc.

There's even a poster with the user name " Berrassobad".

You'd think these guys played for hibs with the open abuse and freedom certain posters dish out   on a Hearts forum.

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Two bores one glass

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Sooks said:

Two bores one glass

Gave they ever been I'm the same room.

tbf,  as a pundit they don't talk shite, just very, very, very boring in the delivery.

Very.

On 16/02/2024 at 17:07, Bazzas right boot said:

Choices have consequences....😭

He's a football player who celebrated scoring a goal, get over yourself,  man up and grow up.

Have you forgotten him making a choice and being a brilliant player for  us, or do you just remember the Choices that really, really upset you. 

Regarding my suppet for hibs -Please don't spread lies ethier, it's very cowardly and makes you look even more of a rabid slaver grasping at straws to justify your ridiculous stance in calling a former club captain and cup winner a snake.

Talk about delusion, we all saw your post supporting hubz in that cup final

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Gave they ever been I'm the same room.

tbf,  as a pundit they don't talk shite, just very, very, very boring in the delivery.

Very.

It is like they are translating every word from their first language in to English . Find myself sitting there thinking “ spit it out ffs ! “

Bazzas right boot
Just now, HMFC 86 said:

Talk about delusion, we all saw your post supporting hubz in that cup final

Did you aye, you'll need to show me that.

That doesn't exist, so you are a liar.

A wee coward and a liar, also completely off topic. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

It is like they are translating every word from their first language in to English . Find myself sitting there thinking “ spit it out ffs ! “

Lol, aye- that's it.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

He was disappointed to be booed when he came back with Celtic. I’ve said that back in my mind a few times and I’m not sure what he would have expected. If it bothered him so much he could have not bothered with the chest thumping. He clearly liked Celtic so he could always go back there and do the hospitality or appear on the pitch at half time. 

Was he being booed before the chest thumping nonsense? I don't recall much booing, if any. 

Bunny Munro
5 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Was he being booed before the chest thumping nonsense? I don't recall much booing, if any. 

He definitely was by some, even from the warm up.

9 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Was at the game but can’t remember if I’m honest. I just can’t really be arsed with the guy. 

3 hours ago, spirt of 98 said:

Have said this earlier in the thread, but if the club are looking for an easy in to offer that olive branch, tie it in with the 150th anniversary. He's a cup winning captain as you rightly point out, and he could talk about his time at the club, from the moment he joined the club to becoming captain and winning the cup. I think it would be an excellent media piece to do interviews with as many former captains and managers of their time at the club. Maybe invite a bunch of them to a game and do something in hospitality/ an applause at half time. Think he would also be a great guest to have on HeartsTv if Gary Wales wasn't availible. 

I think the strong feelings that Pressley causes on this thread come from the fact he was held in such high esteem prior to the chest beating incident, so folk feel betrayed more than anything else. Best contrast I can think of is Rherras when he joined Hibs, most of us treated him like a joke and don't really feel strongly on him either way because he wasn't held in any esteem, just a random foreign player passing through. 

Anyway, like you I would like to see the bridges mended. Its not doing anyone any favours. 

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nooooo!

Earworm now Bazza me old son.:lol:

3 hours ago, heartyhub said:

Fantastic captain at a very difficult period. Courageously calling out the owner as to what was happening knowing it would end his time at Hearts. Disappointed he went to celtic but have absolutely no hard feelings towards the guy. Would love him and others of the time to be welcomed back to Tynecastle.

IMG_0412.webp

Which is why I was at the time gutted and pumping the weej sellic badge.

I know it's daft .

But that lot .

Given the way they go about their visits to Tynecastle is unforgivable. 

He paid homage to them .

Beat it Pressssssssssly

heartyhub
17 minutes ago, Ked said:

Which is why I was at the time gutted and pumping the weej sellic badge.

I know it's daft .

But that lot .

Given the way they go about their visits to Tynecastle is unforgivable. 

He paid homage to them .

Beat it Pressssssssssly

Each to there own I suppose, to me he is a cup winning captain and deserves a bit more respect.

2 minutes ago, heartyhub said:

Each to there own I suppose, to me he is a cup winning captain and deserves a bit more respect.

And I'd always give that to him buddy.

I'd never boo the guy.

He was a great captain.

I was gutted as I say .

Daft maybe .

But honestly 😪 

😆 mental what Hearts dae tae ye mate.

You are not wrong about him .

I'm just talking my view of it .

👍

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Did you aye, you'll need to show me that.

That doesn't exist, so you are a liar.

A wee coward and a liar, also completely off topic. 

There you go with your wee keyboard warrior stuff, very good, you know you said it. Hibs winning the cup was “a decent result” to you. Sickening

Oda be a JT
3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I’m not fully convinced they are not the same person!!

spirt of 98
4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Watch the interview. You will see the tears starting in his eyes when he talks about not being invited back. You’ll also see how he talks about his football persona that wanted to win so would act the goat to noise folk up. 

He’s definitely a Jambo! 

Watch the interview. He acitually cringes and laughs at himself re his behaviour on the pitch. Calling himself the the Daddy. I actually relate to him. 

spirt of 98
4 hours ago, Sooks said:

How exactly 

We’ve treated him badly. He just reacted to the booing he got all day. Probably not the best move but he’s human.

Hes a Hearts cup winning captain, gentleman and all round good guy. 

Why do folk think they can abuse/ abuse football players and they won’t react. Come on think about it. 

7 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

We’ve treated him badly. He just reacted to the booing he got all day. Probably not the best move but he’s human.

Hes a Hearts cup winning captain, gentleman and all round good guy. 

Why do folk think they can abuse/ abuse football players and they won’t react. Come on think about it. 

Stop making things up. He didn't get booed all day. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, HMFC 86 said:

There you go with your wee keyboard warrior stuff, very good, you know you said it. Hibs winning the cup was “a decent result” to you. Sickening

Hopefully you're wearing your bib to catch all that sick.

Away and start a thread on hibs cup win and stop slavering shite about hibs cup win on a Pressley thread on a Hearts forum 8 years later.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

spirt of 98
26 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Stop making things up. He didn't get booed all day. 

According to him he did my memory is hazy. It was a while ago but I have no reason to doubt him. 

22 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

According to him he did my memory is hazy. It was a while ago but I have no reason to doubt him. 

But you'll doubt Hearts fans who were there? He wasn't being heavily booed, nothing even close to it. And even if he was (he wasn't) he should maybe have put his big boys pants on and got on with it. 

spirt of 98
4 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

But you'll doubt Hearts fans who were there? He wasn't being heavily booed, nothing even close to it. And even if he was (he wasn't) he should maybe have put his big boys pants on and got on with it. 

Why should have got on with it. What right do fans have to boo him without reaction. Sorry mate but you talk jobbies. 

3 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Why should have got on with it. What right do fans have to boo him without reaction. Sorry mate but you talk jobbies. 

The big, sturdy, warrior, centre half couldn't handle a wee boo or two? My heart bleeds....