Perrykitch

Jack Torrance

14 hours ago, trotter said:

Clearly understands it more than you do it seems:

pro·vin·cial
/prəˈvin(t)SH(ə)l/
adjective

1. 1.
    of or concerning a province of a country or empire.
    "the provincial government"

2. 2.
    concerning the regions outside the capital city of a country

I understand it perfectly well and the definition you've provided is correct.

You've clearly not understood his quote or what he was implying, so I will spell it out for you.

He said: “The highlight was probably lifting the Scottish Cup with Hearts. I experienced it at the Old Firm with them it’s the norm to win trophies – it’s extra special at a provincial club which is something Coventry fans experienced in ‘87.

It's obvious Coventry are a provincial club, but he is implying that we are a small club outside of the capital city. And it is the usual arrogant and ignorant narrative that the rest of Scottish football have to put up with from former players of those two Glasgow clubs and it deserves be called out.

So what is it that I clearly don't understand?

Edited by Jack Torrance

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• Sir PH

• Pasquale for King

I don’t want that snake anywhere near Tynecastle ever. 

it’s become clear he is the type to run his mouth and talk a lot of nonsense. That probably worked well when he was a footballer but he is no use to anyone today. 

All his crawling to the Celtic support was a total waste of time. He's a complete irrelevance to the majority of them. 

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, sjh1874 said:

A total lack of respect to our football club.

A great player, a wonderful captain who choose grievance over loyalty.

Suck it up Elvis. You made that choice.

We move on.

You'd think folk would move on, but clearly many still have petted lips over his celebration.

Ridiculous.

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Big Chae said:

As a young warthog I was centreback myself, Pressley was everything I aspired to be. Hearts captain, a true leader and monumental figure representing the club and national sides. I would study how he played week in, week out to help my own performances and truly learned a lot from him. 

His stance as one of the mad vlad oot squad was inspirational, I knew they were putting themselves in the firing line but I truly felt he had the clubs best interests at heart. My team, my captain. A true professional it seemed, an honourable player and man.

He then broke my teenage jambo heart with his antics. I can never forgive him, I will not forgive him. 

It seems pathetic but he was my hero as a young player, and in one move, he ruined everything i saw him as.

Do not come back.

It is pathetic, you are correct on that.

Still a legend as far as I am concerned, great defender, great leader, lovely guy and put his neck on the line when a lunatic was killing our club. Yes he had a moment of madness but I suspect that was a rush of blood to the head from pent up emotion. 

innerjambo

He should stick to keeping his emotional gestures to himself, and keeping his trap, firmly shut.

JimmyCant
18 hours ago, Dazo said:

Man calls another man a dick for being unnecessary offensive. :rofl:

You go Jimmy, you offended little scamp. 

:facepalm:

No problem mate. You carry on overlooking deliberate public disrespect for our club and I’ll go on highlighting it until such time as he comes out and apologises for it, which will probably be never. No biggy

Pressley thread doing Pressley thread things.  

FWIW, all it would take is giving an interview saying he would do that day differently if he had the chance. 

He must know it. Pretending to be mystified by it isn’t helpful. 

Its all a bit of a shame really. 

Loved Pressley as a Hearts player.

A fantastic captain and leader and, along with Paul and Craig, brave to speak out against the farce that was unfolding in late '06.

Not nice, either, to see his image torn down in the game against (iirc) Motherwell. Not removed altogether, mind, but left hanging there.

He shouldn't have done what he did on his return with Celtic but I've never lost sleep over it.

I much prefer to recall his 8 year contribution to the club.

Please don't ever make him head coach, though.

innerjambo

Paul Hartley showed great respect for the club, and the fans after leaving. He loved, and still loves the club, and supporters. He showed Snake Pressley how you should conduct yourself after leaving a club, with such fond memories.

Pressley on the other hand showed his true colours.......Green and White, conveniently for him at the time. Not that I was shocked by his actions, more disappointed. He's not blessed with brain cells tbf, and you can tell that when he opens his mouth. 

8 minutes ago, CMc said:

Pressley thread doing Pressley thread things.  

FWIW, all it would take is giving an interview saying he would do that day differently if he had the chance. 

He must know it. Pretending to be mystified by it isn’t helpful. 

Its all a bit of a shame really. 

Well put . Essentially he regrets what he did but he is too stubborn to admit it . Instead he reverts to form and pretends to not understand why many fans have no desire to have his input on anything . You are not mystified at all Elvis , you are just incapable of admitting you maybe did something really stupid 

hughesie27
1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

Paul Hartley showed great respect for the club, and the fans after leaving. He loved, and still loves the club, and supporters. He showed Snake Pressley how you should conduct yourself after leaving a club, with such fond memories.

Pressley on the other hand showed his true colours.......Green and White, conveniently for him at the time. Not that I was shocked by his actions, more disappointed. He's not blessed with brain cells tbf, and you can tell that when he opens his mouth. 

Paul Hartley that left us for Celtic and is a literal Celtic fan who attended Celtic games whilst playing for Hearts? 

I've no problem with any of that btw. Just found your comparison odd. Especially the Green and White colours bit.

Just now, hughesie27 said:

Paul Hartley that left us for Celtic and is a literal Celtic fan who attended Celtic games whilst playing for Hearts? 

I've no problem with any of that btw. Just found your comparison odd. Especially the Green and White colours bit.

Pressley is a Celtic supporter too tbf . Or at least he was when he was younger despite being at Rangers as a laddie . I dont think it is important either way when discussing Pressley acting like a ***** and then being too stubborn to admit it , but it is worth noting 

hughesie27
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Pressley is a Celtic supporter too tbf . Or at least he was when he was younger despite being at Rangers as a laddie . I dont think it is important either way when discussing Pressley acting like a ***** and then being too stubborn to admit it , but it is worth noting 

I always had him as a Rangers fan tbh. Until he became so entwined with Hearts.

Celtic supporter as a boy . My mate used to know him when he used Tynecastle Garage . His words 

Although tbf he seems to say different things to different people depending on what suits his agenda at any given time so who knows 

4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Grew up in Elgin as a young kid, then moved to Fife. He was an Aberdeen fan as a boy. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6801315/aberdeen-steven-pressley-manager-derek-mcinnes/amp/

Edited by Sir PH

hughesie27
Just now, Sir PH said:

Grew up in Elgin as a young kid, then moved to Fife. He was an Aberdeen fan as a boy. 

And a Celtic fan as an Adult.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Pressley is a Celtic supporter to tbf . Or at least he was when he was younger despite being at Rangers as a laddie . I dont think it is important either way when discussing Pressley acting like a ***** and then being too stubborn to admit it , but it is worth noting 

He is an Aberdeen fan. 

3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Clearly just says whatever helps further his career then at any given time . He was at Hearts when he used to know my mate and he said he was a Celtic supporter 

2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Not sure about that. He's played for all the biggest clubs in Scotland, so who knows where his loyalties lie? He strikes me as more of a Steven Pressley fan, than a supporter of any particular club.

Bazzas right boot

This thread is a belter.

Grown up men in the huff and with petty lips down to thier chin because of a goal celebration.

:rofl:

Surely they are not serious?

The thread has turned into a " who's greetin and upset the most" competition.

You'd think he'd abused someone or committed a heinous crime.

Bazzas right boot
37 minutes ago, martoon said:

Loved Pressley as a Hearts player.

A fantastic captain and leader and, along with Paul and Craig, brave to speak out against the farce that was unfolding in late '06.

Not nice, either, to see his image torn down in the game against (iirc) Motherwell. Not removed altogether, mind, but left hanging there.

He shouldn't have done what he did on his return with Celtic but I've never lost sleep over it.

I much prefer to recall his 8 year contribution to the club.

Please don't ever make him head coach, though.

Fair, and yes- please never manager.

As well as the divide it would cause, he's not a very good manager.

4 hours ago, Jack Torrance said:

I understand it perfectly well and the definition you've provided is correct.

You've clearly not understood his quote or what he was implying, so I will spell it out for you.

He said: “The highlight was probably lifting the Scottish Cup with Hearts. I experienced it at the Old Firm with them it’s the norm to win trophies – it’s extra special at a provincial club which is something Coventry fans experienced in ‘87.

It's obvious Coventry are a provincial club, but he is implying that we are a small club outside of the capital city. And it is the usual arrogant and ignorant narrative that the rest of Scottish football have to put up with from former players of those two Glasgow clubs and it deserves be called out.

So what is it that I clearly don't understand?

This was my take too FWIW.

I think it was just poor wording from him. 

hughesie27
13 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Not sure about that. He's played for all the biggest clubs in Scotland, so who knows where his loyalties lie? He strikes me as more of a Steven Pressley fan, than a supporter of any particular club.

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Clearly just says whatever helps further his career then at any given time . He was at Hearts when he used to know my mate and he said he was a Celtic supporter 

I'm talking about Hartley my mistake. Don't think the article was there initially @Sir PH?

Edited by hughesie27

I'm talking about Hartley.

Think he has always been a Celtic fan . I was talking about Pressley apologies 

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Clearly just says whatever helps further his career than at any given time . He was at Hearts when he used to know my mate and he said he was a Celtic supporter 

Sounds like it going by everyone’s personal experiences way him. When he signed for Celtic my maw worked for him and dons fan was what he was saying during that time. 

4marsbars
4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

This thread is a belter.

Grown up men in the huff and with petty lips down to thier chin because of a goal celebration.

:rofl:

Surely they are not serious?

The thread has turned into a " who's greetin and upset the most" competition.

You'd think he'd abused someone or committed a heinous crime.

But, in their defence, it was as recent as 17 years ago.

They still lie awake at night for fear of the nightmares they'd have.

1 minute ago, KG1874 said:

Sounds like it going by everyone’s personal experiences way him. When he signed for Celtic my maw worked for him and dons fan was what he was saying during that time. 

Sounds about right - forked tongue imo

36 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well put . Essentially he regrets what he did but he is too stubborn to admit it . Instead he reverts to form and pretends to not understand why many fans have no desire to have his input on anything . You are not mystified at all Elvis , you are just incapable of admitting you maybe did something really stupid 

This post to me absolutely sums it up. 

jimbojambo

I remember the great Drew Busby going in late on Cruickshank while an Airdrie player and getting pelters from the fans. He then became a Jambo legend simply for always trying and caring. He then came back as a Morton player and crocked Alex MacDonald (who we hated at Rangers) and got pelters for that. No hard feelings ever shown as fans are fickle and players are human. Life is too short for grudges so time to forgive and welcome back one of our own. 

1 minute ago, jimbojambo said:

I remember the great Drew Busby going in late on Cruickshank while an Airdrie player and getting pelters from the fans. He then became a Jambo legend simply for always trying and caring. He then came back as a Morton player and crocked Alex MacDonald (who we hated at Rangers) and got pelters for that. No hard feelings ever shown as fans are fickle and players are human. Life is too short for grudges so time to forgive and welcome back one of our own. 

Busby strikes me as the sort of person who would not have whined in the press about not being invited to do half time draw though tbf . He would probably have just said he understood why and just got on with it in the same position as Elvis . I think that is the bit that irritates most people , his obtuse “ y u no lyke me “ stuff

hughesie27

Folk don't actually care much about what Pressley done. They care more about what top he was wearing when he done it.

Folk don't actually care much about what Pressley done. They care more about what top he was wearing when he done it.

True , never liked Falkirk much myself . Their pathetic attempts at creating a rivalry with us always made me cringe 

No shit?!? I always thought people were furious when he used to do it in our shirt too.

Did he not slither his way in to Neil McCanns job as manager once ? Seem to remember some snake hipped move at a wee club a few years later 

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You'd think folk would move on, but clearly many still have petted lips over his celebration.

Ridiculous.

You of all people, telling others to move on 😂😂  Now that really is a cracker. The same guy who would go on and on about Robbie Neilson long after he'd been sacked? Even to this day. Brass neck or what 😲

hughesie27
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

No shit?!? I always thought people were furious when he used to do it in our shirt too.

Never realised he celebrated away wins at Tynie when he played for us tbf.

Des Lynam

We should all be thankful he is persona non grata at the club. Great captain for Hearts but he’s excruciating to listen to and any involvement with Hearts TV etc would be even worse than it is now.  :lol:

Just now, Des Lynam said:

We should all be thankful he is persona non grata at the club. Great captain for Hearts but he’s excruciating to listen to and any involvement with Hearts TV etc would be even worse than it is now.  :lol:

Those long pauses where he stares off in to the distance between sentences ………… excruciating stuff . Reminds me of Joey from Friends and his ‘ smell the fart acting ‘

5 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Never realised he celebrated away wins at Tynie when he played for us tbf.

So it is about what he 'done'?

hughesie27
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

So it is about what he 'done'?

I never said it was the shirt exclusively. 

Gundermann
1 hour ago, Arfur said:

Still a legend as far as I am concerned, great defender, great leader, lovely guy and put his neck on the line when a lunatic was killing our club. Yes he had a moment of madness but I suspect that was a rush of blood to the head from pent up emotion. 

Yeah, his service to the club and winning a cup trumps his ill advised celebration.