Summer 24 Transfers - Vargas signs 5 year deal ( updated )

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Braminho
25 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Jordan McGhee was shite and is still shite. 

Thankfully we will be aiming far higher 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• RustyRightPeg

• kingantti1874

• Batistuta87

Batistuta87
10 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

if that were true, then he'd get in when Shankland injured. He doesn't.  Even stuck Fraser up front the other week rather than bring him on when game wasn't dead.

Shankland has missed two games all season lol - Tagawa started one of them, and Vargas was in great form at the time so he started the other. 

jamboinglasgow
22 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Or his style of play might not suit that game? The other week there was a hurricane at St Mirren, hardly a great idea to play someone who's main strength is running in behind with pace. 

Exactly, I am amazed people dont see this. You can make the argument that the recruitment team and management made a mistake recruiting him because we ended up playing a different style than he was suited for (though I think that came down to a lack of creative players with McKay getting injured and Lowry being poor, mixed with finding out almost every Premiership team below us this season decided to play ultra defensively against us.) Its also the case as others have said he is backup to Shankland, who as club captain never gets subbed and has played all bar two games this season.

I do think we are changing our style next season with the players we are bringing in, which I think suits Tagawa more (just look at Saturdays game, he made all the right runs but his team mates just never saw him or made the wrong pass.)

Also was reading tweets by Nareys Toe poker (a Scottish football blog) who do the worst 25 signings in the Premiership each year. He was putting up the top ten from the last 10 or so seasons, one I noticed was from 20/21 season which the top 10 featured Regan Charles-Cook. The next season things clicked and was one of the best players in the league. 

Edited by jamboinglasgow

RustyRightPeg
43 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Yep. In any market there's going to be failures and successes though. It's like saying we shouldn't sign anyone from the lower leagues in England again because Cole Stockton was pish. Or let's never sign a guy from Africa again because Oshaniwa was murder. Any player from any country can struggle to adapt to a new club, there's no guarantees. You can also end up with success stories though and often get better value for money, which is why I think the club are looking in these places further afield.

Also forgot Hatate in that list. Arguably the best out the lot. 

HopeDiouf
17 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Shankland has missed two games all season lol - Tagawa started one of them, and Vargas was in great form at the time so he started the other. 

Shankland is just one position in the team.  If the manager had felt Tagawa was worth bringing on at any point, he'd have brought him on.  Boyce had no probs getting game time when he was fit.

SomethingAboutObua
5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I do think we are changing our style next season with the players we are bringing in, which I think suits Tagawa more (just look at Saturdays game, he made all the right runs but his team mates just never saw him or made the wrong pass.)

Slightly off topic but I was thinking our goals v Livingston were a sign of what we might be doing next season without Shankland. Getting the ball across the face of goal for tap ins for quicker players ie Vargas, Tagawa, Forrest, rather than relying on a Shankland-esque centre forward to pull finishes and assists out the hat most games. I know Shankland got 2 of those assists but they weren't plays/passes only he could do 

jamboinglasgow
12 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Vargas has benefited a lot from injuries to others earlier in the season. It meant he got a lot of game time to adjust. During that time some thought he did little apart from some flashes. It made a big difference in adapting. I always think people need to realise that, as it has not helped Tagawa as you say with Shankland missing only two games

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Slightly off topic but I was thinking our goals v Livingston were a sign of what we might be doing next season without Shankland. Getting the ball across the face of goal for tap ins for quicker players ie Vargas, Tagawa, Forrest, rather than relying on a Shankland-esque centre forward to pull finishes and assists out the hat most games. I know Shankland got 2 of those assists but they weren't plays/passes only he could do 

Agreed. I would also argue it shows the difference having a player like McKay on the pitch makes to our team. Passes that opens are of final third of others then to get the ball in that tricky are to defend between keeper and defender for a fast player to run into.

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I have seen what he is capable of with my own eyes and I like what I see . He struggled a bit on returning from injury . He is tenacious and does not give up the ball without a fight . Come good was probably the wrong term to use . Consistently recapture his best form and keep improving is probably more accurate 

Agree with that

HopeDiouf
21 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Exactly, I am amazed people dont see this. You can make the argument that the recruitment team and management made a mistake recruiting him because we ended up playing a different style than he was suited for (though I think that came down to a lack of creative players with McKay getting injured and Lowry being poor, mixed with finding out almost every Premiership team below us this season decided to play ultra defensively against us.) Its also the case as others have said he is backup to Shankland, who as club captain never gets subbed and has played all bar two games this season.

Also was reading tweets by Nareys Toe poker (a Scottish football blog) who do the worst 25 signings in the Premiership each year. He was putting up the top ten from the last 10 or so seasons, one I noticed was from 20/21 season which the top 10 featured Regan Charles-Cook. The next season things clicked and was one of the best players in the league. 

I'm amazed people don't see that 2nd half at St Mirren was perfect time for a pacy striker.  

As for "making all the right runs" , if he'd made all the right runs, he'd have been at the back post for a tap in when Shanks fired it across goal, rather than standing on the penalty spot hoping for a cut back.

I think it’s fair to say both opinions can be true. Tagawa hasn’t really impressed when he has played but he also has had limited opportunities. It might not work out for him but a slight change of style with the new players coming in might just suit it. Fine lines in football but him scoring away to St Johnston may well have changed his path. I’ve not given up on him but I wouldn’t be surprised to  see us cutting our loses. 

HopeDiouf
Just now, Dazo said:

I think it’s fair to say both opinions can be true. Tagawa hasn’t really impressed when he has played but he also has had limited opportunities. It might not work out for him but a slight change of style with the new players coming in might just suit it. Fine lines in football but him scoring away to St Johnston may well have changed his path. I’ve not given up on him but I wouldn’t be surprised to  see us cutting our loses. 

yep, and it's chicken and egg thing.  If you don't perform in the chances you get, you don't get the next chance.  Agree scoring away to St Johnstone could change the path.  Or doing anything during any other opportunity he's had.  He needs to do something with the limited chances he's getting (getting 10/15 minutes when game is dead) if he wants to get back into contention for real game time.

37 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

👍

Batistuta87
29 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Shankland is just one position in the team.  If the manager had felt Tagawa was worth bringing on at any point, he'd have brought him on.  Boyce had no probs getting game time when he was fit.

He is aye but that's the position Tagawa plays haha - so he's had no chance of a game because Shankland has been that good.

Shankland is our talisman and has quite rightly played just about every minute he's been available. 

Similar to Gordon not being able to get back into the team because Zander has been doing so well. 

HopeDiouf
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

He is aye but that's the position Tagawa plays haha - so he's had no chance of a game because Shankland has been that good.

Shankland is our talisman and has quite rightly played just about every minute he's been available. 

Similar to Gordon not being able to get back into the team because Zander has been doing so well. 

We aren't allowed to play a 2nd goalie though.  We are allowed a 2nd striker, as vargas, forrest, Boyce, and even Tagawa can attest to :)

Fxxx the SPFL

We’ll still have Shankland here next season imo The Rangers won’t cough up what we want and we tell them to GTF. Hopefully makes a good showing in the Euros and a championship club wades in with a decent offer 

RustyRightPeg
23 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

We’ll still have Shankland here next season imo The Rangers won’t cough up what we want and we tell them to GTF. Hopefully makes a good showing in the Euros and a championship club wades in with a decent offer 

Rangers have never wanted him. It's 100% lazy west coast paper talk.

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Which is the most frustrating thing about the whole thing. Page after page discussing this yet not once had Rangers even declared any interest. Clement obviously didn't want him so it should have been a non story yet here we are. The same Shanks to Rangers chat will continue til the day he leaves the club even though it's based on absolutely nothing. It's tiresome.

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Which is the most frustrating thing about the whole thing. Page after page discussing this yet not once had Rangers even declared any interest. Clement obviously didn't want him so it should have been a non story yet here we are. The same Shanks to Rangers chat will continue til the day he leaves the club even though it's based on absolutely nothing. It's tiresome.

Rangers will have paid 70/80% of what it would realistically cost to get Shankland on Fabio Silva on a 6 month loan. If they wanted him, they would've come and tried to unsettle him.

JamboAl

Reading Newsnow there seems to be a lot of paper talk about LS signing/not signing for Rangers which often happens in the lead up to a game against them.

You'd actually think we were playing against them next.

Oh, wait.

JimmyCant
10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Reading Newsnow there seems to be a lot of paper talk about LS signing/not signing for Rangers which often happens in the lead up to a game against them.

Oh, wait.

I don’t think ‘the talk’ has distracted him one little bit. If that’s a tactic it’ll fall flat on its arse and will very probably come back to bite them

The White Cockade
26 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Oh, wait.

to be fair there seems to be more chat about Shanks going to Rangers on Kickback than anywhere else

As long as he is under contract Hearts have the final say on whether he stays or goes and where he goes

Hearts of Vladland
3 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I have heard from someone at Ibrox that they made a enquiry at the start of the season and were told we wouldn’t talk to them unless it was 5 million. Rangers aren’t interested in paying that for him so never chased it. They will want him at the end of his contract, I’m sure, just don’t want to give us what we want.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
19 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Tagawa will be gone in the summer. Shown **** all. 

Despite the goodwill shown on here, I agree. Not really even a glimpse, he would surely have had more game time by this point, even against Spartans he offered little. I think most good natured souls are looking for wee bits, willing him to do well, reality is this one is not working, or ever likely to, cut losses in the summer.

This obviously isn't the right thread to share this on, but I saw this on Twitter and Stephen Humphrys really is a class act. A few posts earlier in the thread were negative towards his contributions for us, but honestly, I think he had a great time here. He clearly gets the club and if/when Shanks moves on, I can think of much worse replacements. What an amazing gesture, especially given how special the goal was to him personally. 

Also, what a ****ing goal that was 😍 

gorgierulesapply88
4 hours ago, HopeDiouf said:

Because Boyce Beni & Shankland are our 3 best players....

kingantti1874

Tagawa gets a lot more sympathy than players who have actually started games.

hes in the category of one of our biggest signings over the past few season and is nowhere near a start.  

would love to be proven wrong but he’s been a huge disappointment. 

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Tagawa gets a lot more sympathy than players who have actually started games.

hes in the category of one of our biggest signings over the past few season and is nowhere near a start.  

would love to be proven wrong but he’s been a huge disappointment.

If his form picks up soon, he'll certainly get until end of Summer Window

kingantti1874
26 minutes ago, OTT said:

This obviously isn't the right thread to share this on, but I saw this on Twitter and Stephen Humphrys really is a class act. A few posts earlier in the thread were negative towards his contributions for us, but honestly, I think he had a great time here. He clearly gets the club and if/when Shanks moves on, I can think of much worse replacements. What an amazing gesture, especially given how special the goal was to him personally. 

Also, what a ****ing goal that was 😍 

👏 

HopeDiouf
5 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

If his form picks up soon, he'll certainly get until end of Summer Window

I think he'll get until we find a club willing to take him off our hands.  Expect us to sign a replacement in summer window, and if he's still here at that point he'll be even further down the pecking order.

RustyRightPeg

My updated list:

In

- 2 x Centre Half

- 2 x Centre Midfielder

- 1 x Right back

This excludes those already coming in.

Preferably Out 

Devlin

Rowles

Sibbick

Atkinson

Likely to lose Cochrane and Shankland too. Beni probably walks for nothing.

Likely to be quite the overhaul this Summer.

JimmyCant
21 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

My updated list:

In

- 2 x Centre Half

- 2 x Centre Midfielder

- 1 x Right back

Preferably Out 

Devlin

Rowles

Sibbick

Atkinson

Frustrating thing is, we’ve got more spare money swilling about the club than any point in our history (the first 2 years of Romanov excepted) and yet I just can see them ploughing it back into the team in one go. We’re not making big money signings and we’re not about to raise the wage barrier by much. Dhanda & Spitall I like as signings. Penrice I’m not convinced but the market we’ll be operating in us along those lines I reckon.

Shankland goes we need two strikers who can get double figures. Shankland stays we still need 1. Decent Fee for Shankland helps but replacing him is a huge ask so that fee needs to go right back out again (I actually think we’ll keep him)

Cochrane goes we need a left back ahead of Penrice

Beni and Devlin go and we need 2 ready made of better quality to slot in there

We need a centre half at least as good as Kent has been, plus another if we’re going to play a 3 regularly

Thats 6 players of high quality before we even look at enlarging the squad for Europe. It’s a lot of money. I think we have it. I fear we won’t spend what’s required though.

On top of that, Gordon may decide he’s done, if not this season then definitely next. Boyce and Halkett are wrecked so they’re never coming back as they were. 

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

My updated list:

In

- 2 x Centre Half

- 2 x Centre Midfielder

- 1 x Right back

Preferably Out 

Devlin

Rowles

Sibbick

Atkinson

Listen to offers for:

Sibbick

Atkinson

Tagawa 

Rowles

Sign:

1. 1 x Centre Half 

2. 1 x Centre Midfielder 

3. 1 x Right back 

4. 1 x Striker (+1 if Shankland leaves)

5. 1 x Winger

Suggestions:

1. Jimmy Dunne (LCB - QPR)

- Always moan when his name comes up, but this could actually be a time when he's a realistic target and would be a great addition to the team - if Rowles goes. If he doesn't then I would suggest we probably don't need to sign a CB with Lewis Neilson coming back from loan. Dunne instantly becomes our first choice LCB and if QPR aren't offering a new deal, should be affordable. Perfect partner for Kent, IMO. Free agent at the end of the season.

2. Joe Allen (CM - Swansea)

- If he's got another year in him he'd be a great addition and would hopefully bring on other players like Devlin, Neiwenhoff, Grant, and the young team. Been there and done that, has been a very successful footballer. Free agent in the summer. 

3. Rui Mora "Carraca" (RWB, Chaves)

- Would like a bit of fire and flair from a RWB, and think the Portuguese would offer this as well as giving us a European experienced steady head in defence. Has played for the some of the biggest teams in Portugal and is known for having a sledgehammer of a right foot. Spent last season out on loan so unlikely to be offered a new deal and will be a free agent in the summer.

4. Luca Schuler (ST - Magdeburg)

- 6ft3 German currently playing in 2.Bundesliga. Loves a header, is rapid for his size, and I think would absolutely tear it up here. Free agent in the summer. 

5. Kaide Gordon (RW/LW - Liverpool)

- Season-long loan for "the next Raheem Sterling" - use him in rotation with Oda, McKay, Forrest, Vargas. 

OR

Adam Armstrong (RW, Kilmarnock)

- Test the water and see what it would take to prise him away from Killie. If they want £1M I'm sure we could offer someone in p/x to bring that price down a bit. Have previously been against signing him but think he's been really good the last wee while and that he would work well with Naismith.

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Frustrating thing is, we’ve got more spare money swilling about the club than any point in our history (the first 2 years of Romanov excepted) and yet I just can see them ploughing it back into the team in one go. We’re not making big money signings and we’re not about to raise the wage barrier by much. Dhanda & Spitall I like as signings. Penrice I’m not convinced but the market we’ll be operating in us along those lines I reckon.

Shankland goes we need two strikers who can get double figures. Shankland stays we still need 1. Decent Fee for Shankland helps but replacing him is a huge ask so that fee needs to go right back out again (I actually think we’ll keep him)

Cochrane goes we need a left back ahead of Penrice

Beni and Devlin go and we need 2 ready made of better quality to slot in there

We need a centre half at least as good as Kent has been, plus another if we’re going to play a 3 regularly

Thats 6 players of high quality before we even look at enlarging the squad for Europe. It’s a lot of money. I think we have it. I fear we won’t spend what’s required though.

On top of that, Gordon may decide he’s done, if not this season then definitely next. Boyce and Halkett are wrecked so they’re never coming back as they were. 

It's a huge rebuild when you put it like that.  

3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Listen to offers for:

Sibbick

Atkinson

Tagawa 

Rowles

Sign:

1. 1 x Centre Half 

2. 1 x Centre Midfielder 

3. 1 x Right back 

5. 1 x Winger

Suggestions:

- Always moan when his name comes up, but this could actually be a time when he's a realistic target and would be a great addition to the team - if Rowles goes. If he doesn't then I would suggest we probably don't need to sign a CB with Lewis Neilson coming back from loan. Dunne instantly becomes our first choice LCB and if QPR aren't offering a new deal, should be affordable. Perfect partner for Kent, IMO. Free agent at the end of the season.

- If he's got another year in him he'd be a great addition and would hopefully bring on other players like Devlin, Neiwenhoff, Grant, and the young team. Been there and done that, has been a very successful footballer. Free agent in the summer. 

- Would like a bit of fire and flair from a RWB, and think the Portuguese would offer this as well as giving us a European experienced steady head in defence. Has played for the some of the biggest teams in Portugal and is known for having a sledgehammer of a right foot. Spent last season out on loan so unlikely to be offered a new deal and will be a free agent in the summer.

- 6ft3 German currently playing in 2.Bundesliga. Loves a header, is rapid for his size, and I think would absolutely tear it up here. Free agent in the summer. 

- Season-long loan for "the next Raheem Sterling" - use him in rotation with Oda, McKay, Forrest, Vargas. 

OR

- Test the water and see what it would take to prise him away from Killie. If they want £1M I'm sure we could offer someone in p/x to bring that price down a bit. Have previously been against signing him but think he's been really good the last wee while and that he would work well with Naismith.

I like it. 

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Listen to offers for:

Sibbick

Atkinson

Tagawa 

Rowles

Sign:

1. 1 x Centre Half 

2. 1 x Centre Midfielder 

3. 1 x Right back 

5. 1 x Winger

Suggestions:

OR

Sibbick and Tagawa yes

lembikisa will be away and Atkinson will stay.

I don’t think, having watched him now 4/5 times lewis neilson will Never be a starting CB for hearts imo.  He may well play in another capacity.

top targets should be Danny Armstrong, Jimmy Dunne. I would add Allan Campbell to your list and possibly Luke Mccowan or my myall Cameron.  Dont know much about the others you’ve suggested by sounds good 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Sibbick and Tagawa yes

I don’t think, having watched him now 4/5 times lewis neilson will Never be a starting CB for hearts imo.  He may well play in another capacity.

top targets should be Danny Armstrong, Jimmy Dunne. I would add Allan Campbell to your list and possibly Luke Mccowan or my myall Cameron.  Dont know much about the others you’ve suggested by sounds good 

Got a feeling we won't sign any of these players, unfortunately. 

PapaShango
3 minutes ago, Hansel said:

I like the lads from Dundee, the type of signings we made in years gone by similar to Mickey, McCann, Hamilton etc. Finances may dictate that we are out the running but I would like us to be in the mix for them along with Armstrong at Killie. 

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Why?

What's left from the spl I'd be looking to sign either or both of D. Armstrong and L. McCowan.   Maybe V Veen if he has a good remaining set of games.   

Right back still needed, no idea who to recommend. 

I was thinking about A Ralston.   He seems happy as a backup though.  Loan with option to buy at best.   I'll have to forget that one.   Stupid idea 🤦‍♂️

Dunne would be amazing ☺ 

Yeah,  Beni looks done.   Needs replacing.  

JimmyCant
15 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

What's left from the spl I'd be looking to sign either or both of D. Armstrong and L. McCowan.   Maybe V Veen if he has a good remaining set of games.   

Right back still needed, no idea who to recommend. 

I was thinking about A Ralston.   He seems happy as a backup though.  Loan with option to buy at best.   I'll have to forget that one.   Stupid idea 🤦‍♂️

Dunne would be amazing ☺ 

Yeah,  Beni looks done.   Needs replacing.  

Van Veen came back here 2 stone heavier and hasn’t been tearing it up. Think he’s finished and wouldn’t bother with him now

Armstrong and McCowan would be close to our transfer record to get 

Ralston a decent RB but he’s not taking a drop in money if he still has time on his contract. He might still make the Scotland squad.

Scott Wright might be worth asking a question about 

Dunne would be a super signing but again - Money probably not enough for him when he can drop down a league and get the same or more. 

My (are you fecking joking) left field target would be Simon Murray. 32 years old but fit as feck. Would cost nothing and he’s better than KVV

Edited by JimmyCant

13 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Why?

Reckon they'll be attracting interest from down South from clubs that we can't compete with financially. 

Hope I'm wrong though. Would love it if we got the players mentioned 

GK - I think Gordon will consider moving into coaching and may well be happy to continue to play second fiddle to Clarke as he does his badges before moving into a coaching role (hopefull @ hearts)

LB - I think we will entertain offers for Cochrane and with Kingsley there backed up by Penrice I doubt we will prioritise another LB if Cochrane does go

RB - Limbikisa will go back to his parent club, not a big fan of Natty but with the size of the turnover we may end up having it may be worth keeping him as back up to a new RB (priority)

CB - right side of defence well covered by Kent & Halkett (if he gets over his injury worries), if Halkett continues with his injury woes might need another RCB, would send Neilson back out on loan to maybe a smaller Premiership club this time, Sibbick I would move on, would bring in a new LCB similar to Kent and relegate Rowles to back up or cash in on Rowles and bring in 2 LCBs (depending on volumes leaving might be best to go with the former of those 2 options this season)

MF - likely to lose Beni, would get shot of Devlin, would entertain offers for Grant, keep Hoff, bring in Phillips and identify a creative MF (priority)

FW - we have some quality in MacKay, Danda & Spittal, would keep Oda, would push the boat out to bring in Armstrong from Killie (priority)

ST - unless we receive a ridiculous offer Shanks should be going nowhere, keep Vargas, Boyce likely to be past his best so would maybe move on, would listen to offers for Tagawa, another ST required (priority)

Edited by Arfur

4 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Reckon they'll be attracting interest from down South from clubs that we can't compete with financially. 

I haven't heard of any interest in Armstrong from any clubs down south? Unless I missed something

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Van Veen came back here 2 stone heavier and hasn’t been tearing it up. Think he’s finished and wouldn’t bother with him now

Armstrong and McCowan would be close to our transfer record to get 

Ralston a decent RB but he’s not taking a drop in money if he still has time on his contract. He might still make the Scotland squad.

Scott Wright might be worth asking a question about 

Dunne would be a super signing but again - Money probably not enough for him when he can drop down a league and get the same or more. 

Yeah, even if V Veen scored on Saturday, I'd still be looking for a good performance level, fitness and technical over his remaining games.   Not easy tap in after being subbed on last ten minutes.  

Yeah, Ralston no chance, contracted until 2027 as a backup.   Too pricey.   Yes he's got a good chance for the Euros with Scotland's rights backs injured. 

Dunne most likely no chance either. 

McCowan has been good but I'd offer 400k maybe max.   Limited experience.    Armstrong probably worth more about 800k.   

RustyRightPeg
11 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Think you'll be surprised. Dundee aren't in the same ballpark as us financially, and may not be able to turn a good offer down.

8 minutes ago, Chimp said:

I haven't heard of any interest in Armstrong from any clubs down south? Unless I missed something

That doesn't mean to say there's isn't interest though. I'm sure he's attracting interest with his performances this season.

18 minutes ago, Hansel said:

That doesn't mean to say there's isn't interest though. I'm sure he's attracting interest with his performances this season.

Was just wondering because I’ve noticed a few folk saying we’re competing with clubs down there but haven’t noticed anyone mentioned yet. Obviously doesn’t mean there isn’t interest though, I was just curious if any clubs had been named. 

You would have thought there would have been interest in Dhanda from English teams yet we seemed to manage to snap him up fairly easily so you never know. Can see Hibs and Aberdeen sniffing about him as well as ourselves.

Uncle Buck

I think we need a right back, centre back, two centre mids, winger and a striker. So that’s 6 players and that’s not including if the likes of Shankland and Cochrane were to leave.

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Sibbick and Tagawa yes

Made a wee mistake above - Dexter will be away yeah and my RB is to replace him, but then I didn't follow up on "would listen to offers for Atkinson"... Whatever happens with him we still need to sign a RB - preferably a starter who would come in ahead of him. I'd take an offer that gave us a profit, but would also be happy for him to stay as a 2nd RB. If he stays we need 1 RB, if he goes we need 2. 

In terms of Neilson, I don't think he's a starter yet either but I think he will be in the future. RIght now he's capable of providing cover in any slot slot in a back three so I think he will be useful to us next season for that. So I would listen to offers for Sibbick and have Neilson replace him as a CB who can cover RCB/LCB/CB. Would be quite happy to keep Rowles as think there's more to come from him and I already think he's quite decent tbh. 

Default team would be third absolutely no question:

Clark

Kent   Rowles

Carraca                       Cochrane 

Neiwenhoff Allen 

Dhanda                          McKay 

Schuler

Shankland

And then we would still have Spittal, Penrice, Devlin, Halkett, Forrest, Oda, Vargas, Neilson, Kingsley, Grant etc and the young team to rotate in and out. What a squad! 

Edited by Batistuta87