Summer 24 Transfers - Beni signs 2 year deal

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Bunny Munro
On 13/04/2024 at 01:45, Pasquale for King said:

You are right obviously but we have to get the free kicks in the first place, we don’t usually get many opportunities for Kingsley now so the two new guys are unlikely to prosper unfortunately.

The big issue is we don't have any midfielders who can score from outside the box. Teams know if they mark Shankland they'll probably be safe as our midfielders will try and find him. 

We need a Walker/Stevenson/Rudi type that makes the CBs have to push up to mark them when they get within 25 yards, this opens up space in the box and leads to fouls on the edge.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• RustyRightPeg

• Batistuta87

• kingantti1874

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Could become our very own Declan Rice. Rice was once regarded as a CB...

Doesn't look dynamic or agile enough to me for that kind of role. Could be wrong though

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, Gordons left glove said:

Never knew anything about his contract situation or his wages, just thought it would be a brilliant signing. Thanks for letting me know though 👍

I'm sure he'd be a fantastic signing aye. Would absolutely love to have him here. 

6 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

The big issue is we don't have any midfielders who can score from outside the box. Teams know if they mark Shankland they'll probably be safe as our midfielders will try and find him. 

We need a Walker/Stevenson/Rudi type that makes the CBs have to push up to mark them when they get within 25 yards, this opens up space in the box and leads to fouls on the edge.

You mean like Dhanda and Spittal?

Batistuta87
6 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

You mean like this guy? :) 

image.png.a69c7e508dee9e009b5b7de96c438030.png

Batistuta87
9 minutes ago, Chimp said:

😂👆

jamboinglasgow
46 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Or Neuwenhof 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Bunny Munro said:

Exactly why Dhanda and Spittal have been signed.

Bazzas right boot
On 13/04/2024 at 00:31, Bongo 1874 said:

Humphrys fully fit and mindset correct would be an asset to us,different forward option all together from Shankland.

Brophy would be my Boyce replacement.

Bair would replace Shankland.

Humphrys Is an extra forward.

If Shankland goes.

Bair,Humphrys, Brophy,Tagawa,

Get the young ones like Kirk,and Wilson loaned out.

Brophy can't get a game at county.

Bair is no where near as good as Shankland. 

Humphrys would add nothing

If they 4 are our forward options next season we'd have taken a huge step backwards. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Trophy can't get a game at Killie.

If they 4 are our forward options next season we'd have taken a huge step backwards. 

If Brophy is trying to get a game at Killie then he has big problems. 😄

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If Brophy is trying to get a game at Killie then he has big problems. 😄

St mirren...

Ross county....

Edited by Bazzas right boot

HopeDiouf
6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Trophy can't get a game at Killie.

did Naismith not get rid of Humphrys when he first came in?  Seem to remember him going back down the road same time as Snodgrass left?

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

St mirren...

Eamonn Brophy (born 10 March 1996) is a Scottish professional footballer who plays for Ross County, as a striker. :whistling:

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, HopeDiouf said:

did Naismith not get rid of Humphrys when he first came in?  Seem to remember him going back down the road same time as Snodgrass left?

He did, Humphrys I'm assuming would also command a fairly large wage.

He liked a dig, but added very little.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, davemclaren said:

Eamonn Brophy (born 10 March 1996) is a Scottish professional footballer who plays for Ross County, as a striker. :whistling:

Ross county?

Big ejjit isn't playing,  whoever he's at!

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Ross county?

🤣🤣

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, Chimp said:

Doesn't look dynamic or agile enough to me for that kind of role. Could be wrong though

He's a lot more mobile than Haring is/was. Granted Haring had some more experience when he played the role for us.

11 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

They said he left due to wages not being paid at that time at Wigan.  

RustyRightPeg
21 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Huge? Gargantuan, you mean. 

Brophy can't even get on the pitch ahead of Simon Murray ffs!

The Wrinkly Ninja
11 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Ross county?

He’s 5 foot 9”

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He's a lot more mobile than Haring is/was. Granted Haring had some more experience when he played the role for us.

To be fair when Haring first arrived he was mobile. Used to bomb up and down the park defending then contributing with goals. 

Neilson just looks to have the perfect build for CB rather than DM but would be interesting to see if he's used there and how he gets on.

With those mentioning they'd like to see us go for Bair, I'd be cautious he may just be a one season wonder. Never been prolific before and did nothing at St Johnstone previously so I'd probably like to see how he gets on next season. His contract is up next summer so could potentially get him on a free if he impresses again. I certainly wouldn't be paying money for him just now.

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

He’s 5 foot 9”

He's still a big ejjit.

You can be a small or average person in height and be a big ejjit.

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Imagine if we binned Boycey and Shankland,  got a fee for Shankland and went with Bair, Brophy and Humphrys as opshuns next season.

:getout:

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, HopeDiouf said:

There was something about needing to sort out his situation at Wigan. Might not have been entirely about not rating him. Also the squad has developed so could be seen as more of an asset.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

That is an issue, but can easily be fixed by playing a quick striker ahead of Shankland to stretch teams and create space for him to shoot from outside the box. We would then get more fouls around that area as CBs and DMs struggle to cover that space, the way we play at the moment wont doesn’t create any space in between the opposition’s defence and midfield no matter who plays where. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

There was something about needing to sort out his situation at Wigan. Might not have been entirely about not rating him. Also the squad has developed so could be seen as more of an asset.

I think that was just an excuse, the same situation had existed all season so I’m not sure what being there in person was going to do to help the owners pay the players?

Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He’s having a great season, could do a job 😜?!?!

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I think that was just an excuse, the same situation had existed all season so I’m not sure what being there in person was going to do to help the owners pay the players?

I think it's an excuse too. I've seen it used 4 or 5 times now. As you say what's him going back down the road going to do? 

Naismith emptied him, the same way he emptied Snodgrass, end of.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

You mean like this guy? :) 

image.png.a69c7e508dee9e009b5b7de96c438030.png

Hes not going to be facing that GK anymore though 😜

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I think it's an excuse too. I've seen it used 4 or 5 times now. As you say what's him going back down the road going to do? 

Naismith emptied him, the same way he emptied Snodgrass, end of.

Exactly. How was he going to force a Hong Kong based owner to pay them when the rest of the staff there hadn’t.

Bongo 1874
3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Brophy is back up and has 5 goals contributions, In 21 games for county.

Bair has 17 goal contributions in 33 games for well.

Humphrys has 13 goals contributions for Wigan,and I'm sure he scored two against us in a friendly.

According to you it doesn't get better than Bob ? But we are about to smash his points record, with Celtic&Rangers in the same league.

And let's be honest,Naismith has been nowhere near backed as much as Neilson or Levein.

Leave this next level to me,because according to you I'm deluded and we can't do it,but it's taken 1 full season for a rookie manager to prove me right 🤔.

Ohh and to let you know that manager you say is shite 😉 he's about to win the League 😉 Fly the Flag,Fly the Flag!!!!!

A bit of revisionism here regarding Humphrys who more than did his bit whislt at the club and was almost universally popular among the support.

I'd prefer we looked forward instead of to past players though.

Bongo 1874
11 minutes ago, Homme said:

A bit of revisionism here regarding Humphrys who more than did his bit whislt at the club and was almost universally popular among the support.

Humphrys offers value for money,pre contract available player.

We aren't getting Millions and Millions to spend,our recruitment needs to be smart.

Edited by Bongo 1874

1 minute ago, Homme said:

Totally agree. He was unfortunate with that foot injury he got and if it wasn't for that he would have contributed even more. Was rapid, powerful and skilful with a decent eye for goal. Not the finished article but certainly did well for us and offered us something completely different. I think people have selective memory and are quick to forget that, and only remember him for the last month or so at the club. The way he went back to Wigan left a bad taste in our mouths understandably. His attitude may be the only thing lacking which is probably the only reason I wouldn't like to see him return.

Normally, I'm against signing "squad players", but if Shankland stays we'll struggle to get anyone close to his level to compete for his spot. 

So, we're looking for someone who can cover when Shanks is out, or who can come on for the last 20 mins when needed. 

Humphrys could do that job and would be an upgrade on Tagawa, imo. 

(Boyce might be the man for that for next season, but I don't think we should count on it.)

Bongo 1874
Just now, Pingu said:

Normally, I'm against signing "squad players", but if Shankland stays we'll struggle to get anyone close to his level to compete for his spot. 

So, we're looking for someone who can cover when Shanks is out, or who can come on for the last 20 mins when needed. 

(Boyce might be the man for that for next season, but I don't think we should count on it.)

Thanks 👍

Valois No1

I quite liked Humphries. Quite direct and liked a dig. Dunno why but hit the feeling he wasn’t liked in the changing room but that could be nonsense. I would probably prefer to look elsewhere if I’m honest. As many have said a new CB and RB are a must and get the feeling that with dhanda and Spittal coupled with McKay (if fit) we will see more goals from midfield and they will help the strikers score a good level of goals if shanks leave. We need to get a striker that will score a minimum of say 15 spfl goals which would be roughly in the region of what De vries, Mcswegan and I think Velika scored. Obviously more than that is most welcome but a good return would be 15 ish min

Chillidigits
14 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think that’s his position. He’s not a CB imo.  Positionally struggles imo.  CDM 

Same with Toby imo

johnking123

Humphrys will not be coming to us. We did not like his attitude and was bit of a fallout. If we keep shankland,  would expect another vargas type signing.

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, Pingu said:

I doubt if Humphreys would be happy playing second fiddle to Shankland,we would need to pay him top dollar too, and yes dont count on Boyce. 

Edited by Pasquale for King
Spelling

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I doubt if Humphreys would be happy playing second fiddle to Shankland, and yes dont count on Boyce. 

Squad rotation, he could play just infront of Shankland.

I personally would go with four Strikers next season.

We pick up many injuries.

Hector Riva

Right.

I like Simon Murray .

There said it .

GinRummy
2 minutes ago, Hector Riva said:

Right.

I like Simon Murray .

There said it .

You’ve still got time to edit it. We can’t just sign all the players at lesser clubs who have had a good season. He’s too old and isn’t good enough. 

HopeDiouf
54 minutes ago, Homme said:

I think the revisionism is folks pretending Naisy didn't send him packing just a year ago

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Squad rotation, he could play just infront of Shankland.

I personally would go with four Strikers next season.

We pick up many injuries.

He could play there, not that it really worked last time.
The manager is unlikely to do that and play Dhanda/McKay/Spittal/Vargas though. 
Four strikers absolutely, especially with Boyce injured all the time, thats what we have this season. 
Humphreys isn’t coming back here, we can’t afford him, he had “a bad loan” last time and the manager couldn’t wait to get rid of him. 
Lets talk about guys that are able to wait on a chance to shine or replace Shankland if he goes. 

joondalupjambo
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You’ve still got time to edit it. We can’t just sign all the players at lesser clubs who have had a good season.

Agreed it's like guys marrying their very first girlfriends, might or might not work out but they looked good and did the business for a year beforehand🤣🤣

Edited by joondalupjambo

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Hector Riva said:

Right.

I like Simon Murray .

There said it .

Beat you to it hours ago 😆, 32 and would do a job for a lot of teams, not us though. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Summer 24 Transfers - Beni signs 2 year deal