• Wee Mikey

• Pete Elliott

• Sooks

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Thats another Tenner at half time.

It's included in the £18. So basically £8.00 for access to the bar, and a chance to meet @Wee Mikey 😉

Wee Mikey
Just now, SUTOL said:

It's included in the £18. So basically £8.00 for access to the bar, and a chance to meet @Wee Mikey 😉

Some people would pay much, much, more for that chance ... and many have.

😎

Bull's-eye
4 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

He avoids me so i wouldn't know.

10 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Oh I don't like, all the gas will be in the beer then and not the head. 

Aye, but think of the time savings at the bar. They can pour nearly 10 of them in the time it takes to pour 1 normally! 

:profit:

They look like fairly decent pints to be fair, decent sized head and not too fizzy, so the valve must sort some of that out. 

been here before

£18 for a pie, a cake and a chance to buy a pint :rofl:

A fool and their money etc...

Fair enough the club have identifed thet there's enough dafties who'll pay it.

Wee Mikey
25 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

He avoids me so i wouldn't know.

Crikey! The number of times I've sauntered into the PR bar hailing, "Bull's Eye ... can I get you a pint?"

Honestly ... Pfff ...

Wee Mikey
20 minutes ago, been here before said:

You missed out the hot beverage.

😉

Pete Elliott
32 minutes ago, been here before said:

When you remove the cost of a hot drink, pie and cake you’re probably talking less than a tenner for access to a private bar before, during and after the game. Quick service and a chance to catch up with your pals without being crammed into a noisy, busy bar. We normally have a pint in hand five minutes before kickoff and five minutes after full time. AND all your beer money going straight to the club. Won’t be for everyone but for me it’s a winner.

Edited by Pete Elliott

Pete Elliott
13 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Crikey! The number of times I've sauntered into the PR bar hailing, "Bull's Eye ... can I get you a pint?"

Honestly ... Pfff ...

So YOU’RE the sauntering, loud guy! We all just assumed you were a big darts fan.

11 hours ago, Americana said:

Just out of curiosity since I am a peasant and have never sat in one, apart from the optimal view what is the difference between the premium seats and that in say Section N Upper. 

The seats are the exact same as the platinum section padded seats, but there is more space between them. They are not bigger. 

That row in front of the Directors Box is peachy though :D

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, Gorgierools said:

Can I swap the cake for a second pie? Asking for a fat friend.

Were you ever in the Willie Bauld Suite at half-time?

A total pie-fest with some folks getting stuck right in and piling their plates high.

Carnage, so it was. 🥮👊🥮👊🥮👊

Gorgierools
21 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Were you ever in the Willie Bauld Suite at half-time?

A total pie-fest with some folks getting stuck right in and piling their plates high.

Carnage, so it was. 🥮👊🥮👊🥮👊

Can't see the same happening with carrot cake tbf.

The Tackle

I got a wee courtesy call to ask if I knew how to find the hotel and whether I needed anything extra, champagne etc. Nice touch 

Bull's-eye
6 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

I got a wee courtesy call to ask if I knew how to find the hotel and whether I needed anything extra, champagne etc. Nice touch 

Obviously heard you've never been to Tynecastle 😃

Nice touch indeed.

The Tackle
2 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Obviously heard you've never been to Tynecastle 😃

Nice touch indeed.

It has been a while (the pitfalls of being a bus driver) :lol:

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, Gorgierools said:

Can't see the same happening with carrot cake tbf.

Aye ... but when they bring the sushi out?

Gorgierools
3 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Aye ... but when they bring the sushi out?

Nope like. My pies hot. And without dolphins in them.

Wee Mikey
25 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

Nope like. My pies hot. And without dolphins in them.

Dolphin pies??? 

Yay!!!

🤪

Wee Mikey
22 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

What does PR stand for?

Polite Radgies.

Edited by Wee Mikey

Wee Mikey
13 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Screenshot_20240215_010033_Chrome.jpg

Time for a Haiku ...

Premium is a

Mystery to some of us

Bless all the peasants

been here before
6 hours ago, Gorgiewave said:

What does PR stand for?

Per Rectum judging by some of the posters on here who claim to inhabit said section.

leipzig76
14 hours ago, Pete Elliott said:

When you remove the cost of a hot drink, pie and cake you’re probably talking less than a tenner for access to a private bar before, during and after the game. Quick service and a chance to catch up with your pals without being crammed into a noisy, busy bar. We normally have a pint in hand five minutes before kickoff and five minutes after full time. AND all your beer money going straight to the club. Won’t be for everyone but for me it’s a winner.

It actually sounds pretty good PE !

hereford_hearts
15 hours ago, tian447 said:

Aye, but think of the time savings at the bar. They can pour nearly 10 of them in the time it takes to pour 1 normally! 

:profit:

They look like fairly decent pints to be fair, decent sized head and not too fizzy, so the valve must sort some of that out. 

Tasted like a normal pint of Heineken. 

Americana
12 hours ago, Dunks said:

The seats are the exact same as the platinum section padded seats, but there is more space between them. They are not bigger. 

That row in front of the Directors Box is peachy though :D

Do they stand up and cheer when we score or politely clap the palm of their hand in a reserved manner. 

On 13/02/2024 at 12:05, Wee Mikey said:

Us 3 also. 👍

Mind you, I kinda liked the low-key PR bar for many reasons. It was flawed, but quirky. The new arrangements? Let's wait & see.

Having to book in advance, plus the less than perfect Ticketmaster interface? Hmm.

It would've been better had I been able to log on, quote our 3 ST Ref numbers and job done rather than each having to do it individually.

I'm wondering what the £s will be for any main stand ST holders should the allocation not be taken up by PR ST holders.

It looks, at first glance, perhaps a bit of an administrative nightmare. Having to alert Main Stand ST holders etc., etc.

Ach, let's wait and see.

It'll likely need tweaking but the main thing for me is that it doesn't end up like 'sardines'.

I liked the casual nature of the now defunct PR bar.

Four of us in there on Sunday too. Agree it looks pretty decent and it’s a nice perk.

The booking in advance will be a bit of a nightmare as we used to chop and change at last minute depending on how busy the Ardmillan was. Having said that, they’ve shut the back lounge now to add additional rooms so that’ll be pretty busy / full now I would imagine on match days! Understand why the club are adding a booking system though as they’ll be able to maximise their revenue from it.

Looking forward to trying it out.

Edited by D4nny_

Fxxx the SPFL
18 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

Four of us in there on Sunday too. Agree it looks pretty decent and it’s a nice perk.

The booking in advance will be a bit of a nightmare as we used to chop and change at last minute depending on how busy the Ardmillan was. Having said that, they’ve shut the back lounge now to add additional rooms so that’ll be pretty busy / full now I would imagine on match days! Understand why the club are adding a booking system though as they’ll be able to maximise their revenue from it.

Aye the Ardmillan are going to build a canopy and add heaters in the beer garden at the back so the kids can still get in. Amanda the manager was saying that on one matchday recently the back bar only took £130 (possibly Dundee game) and they can have three rooms B&B filled most of the time it's probably a no brainer.

3 hours ago, Americana said:

Do they stand up and cheer when we score or politely clap the palm of their hand in a reserved manner. 

The ones further down are definitely the latter, up the back they turn round and hurl abuse at the opposition directors (home directors early in the season).

Pete Elliott
39 minutes ago, Dunks said:

The ones further down are definitely the latter, up the back they turn round and hurl abuse at the opposition directors (home directors early in the season).

I gave the Rosenburg directors absolute pelters after Devlin’s second goal. They were so smug after taking the lead. Not so much after a severe ribbing.

Wee Mikey
6 hours ago, been here before said:

Per Rectum judging by some of the posters on here who claim to inhabit said section.

Screenshot_20240215_122949_Gallery.jpg

dannymack
On 13/02/2024 at 17:00, Sooks said:

If that shit is nectar , then I would hate to see the nick of the bee 

For years I've tried and failed to acquire a taste for Guiness, every now and then a half pint will be purchased but nope, after we'll over 30 years drinking on this planet I can't get the hook. 

Just not for me but I do enjoy pulling chains of my mates who do drink it with regards to the Hibs badge crest and the Plastic Paddy hysteria the brand attracts but knowing full well auld Arthur's political background 😏

bean counter

I'll probably use this lounge occasionally. I miss the Willie Bauld lounge.

This offer at £ 18 per game for 18 games works out at £ 324 on top of your season ticket, which means it may become the new entry level hospitality offer.

Wee Mikey

With the Skyline being open for breakfasts and the PR bar open from 12:30 serving food it's looking like a total Tynie day out for us 3 on Sat.

If not for being within strolling distance, I would've considered checking out the hotel. I'll leave that for when I re-locate to a West Coast Island bolt-hole.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/pages/the-skyline-restaurant

Wee Mikey
11 minutes ago, dannymack said:

For years I've tried and failed to acquire a taste for Guiness, every now and then a half pint will be purchased but nope, after we'll over 30 years drinking on this planet I can't get the hook. 

Just not for me but I do enjoy pulling chains of my mates who do drink it with regards to the Hibs badge crest and the Plastic Paddy hysteria the brand attracts but knowing full well auld Arthur's political background 😏

The very worst pint of Guinness I ever had was whilst on a tour of the brewery in Dublin. It tasted like metal. 🤮

Wee Mikey
4 hours ago, Americana said:

Politely Reserved, of course.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 hours ago, Gorgiewave said:

What does PR stand for?

Phoodles Rejects

Wee Mikey
3 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Phoodles Rejects

But at least we're Placidly Recumbent.

44 minutes ago, dannymack said:

I think Tennants nearly bought them decades ago but there was a big campaign and uproar about it . Might be talking shite , but think that was how it went 

Wee Mikey
5 hours ago, D4nny_ said:

"Sunday", you say?

You'll have a nice quiet relaxed time.

😉

Worthing Jambo
2 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

The very worst pint of Guinness I ever had was whilst on a tour of the brewery in Dublin. It tasted like metal. 🤮

Was that the “free”🙄 one you get after €14 entrance to see, essentially, f all?

on topic, I hope all the PR (prolapsed rectums) crowd enjoy their new bar 👍🥳

Pete Elliott
2 hours ago, dannymack said:

Do you like ales?

Wee Mikey
42 minutes ago, Worthing Jambo said:

Was that the “free”🙄 one you get after €14 entrance to see, essentially, f all?

on topic, I hope all the PR (prolapsed rectums) crowd enjoy their new bar 👍🥳

Yes, it was indeed the 'free' one. It was truly guff.

And, yes, us auld yins wi' prolapsed this that, and the next thing will quietly enjoy our sushi & canned Guinness whilst pre-unwrapping our Werther's Originals so as not to upset the young 'uns.

Here's a typical view of the PR section after Shanks scores yet again:-

Edited by Wee Mikey

Gorgiewave
10 hours ago, been here before said:

Good one.