• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Pasquale for King

• HeartsandonlyHearts

3 hours ago, Lambert Simnel said:

3-0, two for Shanks, one for Vargas. Teddy Bair can be good in patches, but I don't see any reason to fear this 'Well team, and they were flattered by the 2-1 scoreline at Fir Park.   

They have improved since that game. They will physical with no doubt a lenient referee (for them)!

We will need to be up for the battle 

Cruickie's Moustache
9 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

As I said, it's complex. Complex can mean if you want this you can't have that.

Best 11 changes. Agreed. Therefore, there's no such thing. 

Strength in depth is what we have. I'm happy clapping. 

Spot on.

We are currently 12 points clear in 3rd. Been to Hampden once and, not counting our chickens but, should be going again.

We have strength and depth across the park, with some players who can fill a few roles, and McKay looks like returning soon as well to add to the mix.

It's all good fun picking the 1st team but lets take a chill pill and leave that to Naismith and enjoy the ride.

Great time to be a Jambo.

The Gorgie Glorious

Does anybody know if it's possible to scan the season ticket code from a photo on your phone?? 

Burghlass
8 minutes ago, The Gorgie Glorious said:

Does anybody know if it's possible to scan the season ticket code from a photo on your phone?? 

Yes, it works fine.

The Gorgie Glorious
8 minutes ago, Burghlass said:

Yes, it works fine.

Thanks, just saved me a journey 😁

4marsbars
22 minutes ago, The Gorgie Glorious said:

Works for me. Then the day came when my phone nearly conked out on the bus to Tynecastle. Fortunately had my card in my wallet. 

karipidis

Still surprises me that people want Atkinson in over Lembikisa. Our form has been better since Natty is out the team, and I am not convinced he is defensively better than Lembikisa. 

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Unlikely but you answered the question like a seasoned politician 👍🏽👏🏾
What if the other attackers play well too?

Isn't that what we're all hoping for? Imagine a team that Shanks couldn't get into.

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, The Gorgie Glorious said:

1 hour ago, Burghlass said:

Yes, it works fine.

Thanks. I'll photograph my s/t just for a backup. 

Edited by upgotheheads

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Isn't that what we're all hoping for? Imagine a team that Shanks couldn't get into.

We certainly wont get there with Clark in goals. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, The Gorgie Glorious said:

Yeah I did that with the European tickets. I’m sure we are all having to do this from next season. 

upgotheheads
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

We certainly wont get there with Clark in goals. 

What have you got against Scotland's goalie? 

HopeDiouf
1 hour ago, tiger Rudi said:

I think for Well, I would drop Grant/Fraser. Shanks and Vargas up front. Cochrane can play on the left in a 4 man midfield. Forrest on right.

Alternatively Cochrane can sit in with Beni, releasing Hoff to play in a three with Vargas and Forrest either side. 

Guess we'll see what happens.  Personally, I'd have the extra attack minded player (Grant/Fraser) in there, and prob Rowles would have to wait his turn.

Jambof3tornado
51 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Still surprises me that people want Atkinson in over Lembikisa. Our form has been better since Natty is out the team, and I am not convinced he is defensively better than Lembikisa. 

Hahaha. Lembikisa is weaker defensively. Natty will start.

1 hour ago, karipidis said:

Neither of them are great defensively but I think Atkinson is a bit of a headless chicken once he starts cutting inside and going on his runs.

He invariably loses possession and is caught way out of position.

Lembikisa on the other hand is more direct and two footed and puts in better crosses than Atkinson.

Bongo 1874
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Gordon

Cochrane

Kingsley

Kent

Lembikisa

Forrest

Beni

Nieuwenhof 

Oda

Shankland

Vargas 

Would be my starting 11. 

Clark

Cochrane

Kingsley

Kent

Atkinson

Grant

Beni

Nieuwenhof 

Forrest

Shankland

Vargas

Likely 11.

4411? I like it.

10 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Neither of them are great defensively but I think Atkinson is a bit of a headless chicken once he starts cutting inside and going on his runs.

Lembikisa on the other hand is more direct and two footed and puts in better crosses than Atkinson.

Well that is simply not true 

HopeDiouf
4 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Has there been any update on Halkett?

naismiths press conference said nothing major showed up in scan - just a niggle.

Also sounds like Vargas fine for weekend.  And Tagawa out with concussion.

Lovecraft
2 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

naismiths press conference said nothing major showed up in scan - just a niggle.

Also sounds like Vargas fine for weekend.  And Tagawa out with concussion.

Nice.  Cheers mate.

HopeDiouf
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Vargas back is great news . Like that guy 

yep. doing great. and so much more to come.  Think we'll make big money from him one day.

oda back from his concussion was the other one naismith mentioned

Edited by HopeDiouf

1 minute ago, HopeDiouf said:

yep. doing great. and so much more to come.  Think we'll make big money from him one day.

oda back from his concussion was the other one naismith mentioned

Cheers 👍 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

What have you got against Scotland's goalie? 

Hes not and never will be as good enough to be our number 1, hes not a master of any aspect of his job. 

Pasquale for King
45 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

4411? I like it.

I think we’ve shown we play better with a quick partner beside Shankland. 

Bongo 1874
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think we’ve shown we play better with a quick partner beside Shankland. 

Agree.

No Idle Talk

Another week at work over. Time to focus on the important stuff. 😁

I'm really looking forward to watching tomorrow's match. A first half goal or two in a league game would be a nice wee change up. Tomorrow could be the day. Feeling super optimistic about all things Hearts right now. 

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Agree, Lembikisa far more attack minded, very good with both feet. Very skilful with great technique. Hopefully he will start because the steelmen were garbage with balls into the box at pittodrie. 

Watt-Zeefuik
6 hours ago, The Black Prince said:

That's because you're an idiot.

Rowles is a brilliant footballer.

Totally uncalled for. Rowles has been one of our best players in a back 3 but in the back 4/inverted fullback system Naisy wants to play he gets badly exposed on that side.

He's at his best when he's got a stout defender like Kent at his back and support on the wing. It gives him the flexibility to do what he does best, which is to move more freely and win the ball. In Naisy's back 4 system the CHs need to be at least a little bit static and hold their positions, which takes away Rowles' best qualities and exposes places where he's not as good.

I haven't seen much of him recently for Australia but my impression is certainly that the Socceroos play much more of a flat back 4 with the FBs playing as true defenders most of the time. I think Rowles would be fine if we played that too, but as it is, the back 3 brings out the best in him.

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Could you list Atkinsons assists and goals this season, Dexter has created far more already in his few games. 

According to the stat sheet neither Atkinson nor Lembikisa has an assist this season. Dexter has one goal.  Last season Atkinson had 2 goals and 1 assist.

Beyond the stats, for my part I think Dexter is brilliant with his purposeful drives forward with the ball like a classic bombing forward fullback, and he definitely is good for a cross from the wing. Atkinson is better at cutting in and making passes into the box from there. But to me DL looked terrible last weekend, far and away his worst match for us, giving up possession and losing his man all over the shop. I'd 100% drop him to the bench and start Atkinson on that alone.

Watt-Zeefuik

Gordon

Kingsley   Kent   Rowles

Atkinson      Beni             Cochrane

Hoff      Fraser

Vargas Shanks

Deid Heid

For a change I'm quite excited at the prospect of the game, usualy it feels that we've played them about 4 times already this season and it I'l wish I'd stayd in the pub.

All changed now.

Think this will be a difficult game, but should actualy be a good watch.

Watt-Zeefuik

Just checked the highlights to make sure and yes, the Airdrie goal started when Dexter got sucked down into the box by ball watching and left his wing wide open.  The Airdrie player stepped into acres of space and put in a lovely cross to the box that they had a 3-on-3 setup in.

This is two passes before the goal. Dexter has absolutely no idea the Airdire player is behind him and is just jogging to the end line.

I don't mean to hate on him as he's got some lovely attributes but Atkinson is just further along than him in his defensive positioning.

dexter.jpg

Edited by Watt-Zeefuik

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Says Kyosuke is that a spell mistake or is he away?

It was Oda that had the concussion, think hes mixed them up. 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Totally uncalled for. Rowles has been one of our best players in a back 3 but in the back 4/inverted fullback system Naisy wants to play he gets badly exposed on that side.

He's at his best when he's got a stout defender like Kent at his back and support on the wing. It gives him the flexibility to do what he does best, which is to move more freely and win the ball. In Naisy's back 4 system the CHs need to be at least a little bit static and hold their positions, which takes away Rowles' best qualities and exposes places where he's not as good.

I haven't seen much of him recently for Australia but my impression is certainly that the Socceroos play much more of a flat back 4 with the FBs playing as true defenders most of the time. I think Rowles would be fine if we played that too, but as it is, the back 3 brings out the best in him.

According to the stat sheet neither Atkinson nor Lembikisa has an assist this season. Dexter has one goal.  Last season Atkinson had 2 goals and 1 assist.

Beyond the stats, for my part I think Dexter is brilliant with his purposeful drives forward with the ball like a classic bombing forward fullback, and he definitely is good for a cross from the wing. Atkinson is better at cutting in and making passes into the box from there. But to me DL looked terrible last weekend, far and away his worst match for us, giving up possession and losing his man all over the shop. I'd 100% drop him to the bench and start Atkinson on that alone.

Lembikisa definitely more creative than Atkinson but possible needs a rest having played 34 games already this season with a break. 

johnking123
14 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Gordon

Kingsley   Kent   Rowles

Atkinson      Beni             Cochrane

Hoff      Fraser

Vargas Shanks

Dropping Forrest? 

Gordon

Atkinson       Kent     Kingsley  Cochrane

Beni              Hoff            

Fraser

Vargas          Shanks     Forrest

Would maybe play Grant instead of  Fraser . But still go four at the back and would have Atkinson over Dexter after last week. Player dares to drop form and there are replacement's to jump in. 

4 hours ago, Cruickie's Moustache said:

Spot on.

We are currently 12 points clear in 3rd. Been to Hampden once and, not counting our chickens but, should be going again.

We have strength and depth across the park, with some players who can fill a few roles, and McKay looks like returning soon as well to add to the mix.

It's all good fun picking the 1st team but lets take a chill pill and leave that to Naismith and enjoy the ride.

Great time to be a Jambo.

McKay adds a real bit of quality. He gets written off by parts of the support and then he appears and does something in a game that is literally beyond anyone else in the group. 

HopeDiouf
26 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was Oda that had the concussion, think hes mixed them up. 

Oda is back now. Tagawa has a separate concussion from training.

Pasquale for King
Just now, HopeDiouf said:

Oda is back now. Tagawa has a separate concussion from training.

I see, are we trying to toughen them up perhaps?

15 minutes ago, Carter said:

McKay adds a real bit of quality. He gets written off by parts of the support and then he appears and does something in a game that is literally beyond anyone else in the group. 

We all know what he’s capable of, on his day it’s sublime, but just doesn’t do it enough.

His report card would read, must try harder.

scott herbertson
12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I see, are we trying to toughen them up perhaps?

They failed to tick the 'headbanger' box for entry requirements into Scotland, so, yes.

Watt-Zeefuik
26 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Dropping Forrest? 

Gordon

Beni              Hoff            

Fraser

Would maybe play Grant instead of  Fraser . But still go four at the back and would have Atkinson over Dexter after last week. Player dares to drop form and there are replacement's to jump in. 

****s sake that's the second week in a row I've forgotten about Forrest.

I'd take off Fraser for Forrest and keep room for Rowles in a back 3. We've been giving up soft goals with him out of the lineup and in the back 4. We were absolutely impervious when he was in before the break.

upgotheheads
6 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

****s sake that's the second week in a row I've forgotten about Forrest.

I'd take off Fraser for Forrest and keep room for Rowles in a back 3. We've been giving up soft goals with him out of the lineup and in the back 4. We were absolutely impervious when he was in before the break.

Yup. 

35 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Dropping Forrest? 

Gordon

Beni              Hoff            

Fraser

So in effect, you're dropping Rowles to make way for Fraser and robbing the midfield of Cochrane?

Edited by upgotheheads

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

They failed to tick the 'headbanger' box for entry requirements into Scotland, so, yes.

Always important to check the small print 😜

I so like Naismith’s approach to our weekly performances - it’s not simply a matter of winning the next game, it’s more about winning consistently, game after game. I’ve waited many years to hear a Hearts manager say we need to be winning week after week! The message appears to be getting through to the players!