• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Pasquale for King

• HeartsandonlyHearts

Wee Mikey
13 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Mikey, have you been on the sauce?! Do you even know yourself what you’re ranting about?!

Maybe Naisy picked up on Cammy's performances during training and made a sound decision?

Thus far, we've had some great 2nd half showings. Superb substitutions and long may that continue if it's a template on how to grind down teams that sit in.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Maybe Naisy picked up on Cammy's performances during training and made a sound decision?

Thus far, we've had some great 2nd half showings. Superb substitutions and long may that continue if it's a template on how to grind down teams that sit in.

Mikey, you’re all over the place!  You’ve gone from saying that those saying Cammy was out of favour was “utter garbage” to now giving reasons for him, er, being out of favour!

It’s clear Naismith has him down the pecking order for the DM positions and Hoff has improved a lot since Cammy has been out injured.  That’s clearly why he’s trying to coach a more attacking role into Cammy so hopefully it works out.  

7 minutes ago, sac said:

Thinking back now I would say Fraser was the weak link today

Really? Thought he looked lively. 

Felix Lighter
7 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

If he had said months instead of weeks....

He didn't though.

Edited by Felix Lighter

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

He didn't though.

To be fair, there will be folk on here wanting him out the next time we draw a game!

Berrassobad
1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

Vale stepped on Shankland's foot, then dove.  Vale should have got the yellow, not Shankland.

nah

1. shite decision for a great block

2. boy couldnt help where he ended up

3. yellow was for gobbin off

Wee Mikey
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Mikey, you’re all over the place!  You’ve gone from saying that those saying Cammy was out of favour was “utter garbage” to now giving reasons for him, er, being out of favour!

It’s clear Naismith has him down the pecking order for the DM positions and Hoff has improved a lot since Cammy has been out injured.  That’s clearly why he’s trying to coach a more attacking role into Cammy so hopefully it works out.  

Clearly, I disagree.

'Out of favour' typically rests on a player being a bit crap. That's completely different from a manager recognising a player's skills and potential, knowing stuff about what the issues are, and nurturing him.

Some folks on here were calling Cammy as being 'out of favour' due to him being shit.

So, Cammy being 'out of favour' on these grounds, was indeed utter garbage. I'm referencing those who wrote him off as being a 'waste of a jersey', etc.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

Clearly, I disagree.

'Out of favour' typically rests on a player being a bit crap. That's completely different from a manager recognising a player's skills and potential, knowing stuff about what the issues are, and nurturing him.

Some folks on here were calling Cammy as being 'out of favour' due to him being shit.

So, Cammy being 'out of favour' on these grounds, was indeed utter garbage. I'm referencing those who wrote him off as being a 'waste of a jersey', etc.

Out of favour doesn’t mean you’re crap it just means the manager isn’t picking you.  Good players can sit on the bench (we’ve got Gordon sitting on the bench at the moment, Vargas was on it too today and he’s not been crap recently either). 

Saying someone is out of favour and saying someone is shit are two entirely different things.   Cammy was out of favour prior to his injury, not shit.  You’re backtracking now - you didn’t mention these grounds in your earlier post!

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

You have to wonder at the stupidity of time wasting early in a game. Somehow they stopped doing it 0-1. But by then they've wasted the time they need to get back in game.

Yeah it's ridiculous, a few teams have done this at Tynecastle this season. The whole tactic is to frustrate to try turn the support against the team. Our support has come wise now and we are far more patient as it don't matter when the goals come as they will at some point.

Wee Mikey
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Out of favour doesn’t mean you’re crap it just means the manager isn’t picking you.  Good players can sit on the bench (we’ve got Gordon sitting on the bench at the moment, Vargas was on it too today and he’s not been crap recently either). 

Saying someone is out of favour and saying someone is shit are two entirely different things.   Cammy was out of favour prior to his injury, not shit.  You’re backtracking now - you didn’t mention these grounds in your earlier post!

I'm now beginning to think that we're in agreement.

Semantics etc.

Anyhoo ... must get back for Sportscene.

Guaranteed that their so-called 'highlights' will miss the very things that fans watching live would wish to see again.

WheatfieldWarrior
5 hours ago, OTT said:

image.png.c63d1276a4dc6821b130dc9cbd2cb6bd.png

The form rolls on!!!

You can't argue with the form - it Is 8 wins in all comps since the draw with Ross County at the end of December.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

Perhaps our manager knows stuff that we don't?

Nah,  can't be that.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
8 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

At least some of them turn up with colours.

Screenshot_20240217_143226_Gallery.jpg

I thought Nicholas Rossi had been extradited?

Famous 1874

Excellent second half again. Some form from the boys. Oda and Vargas great impact from the bench in particular. 

2-0 flattered Motherwell by the end. 

Beggars belief as to why Naisy started with 3 at the back, especially since we are chronic with that and are far better with a 4… 

Stop using a 3 and we might still win the league (and the cup) Naisy 

The Black Prince
On 16/02/2024 at 21:53, The Black Prince said:

That's because you're an idiot.

Rowles is a brilliant footballer.

Apologies to Bunny Munro - too much beer sorry.

In my experience/opinion Rowles is an amazing player and can play in any formation. If he's had a dip in form - so be it but he's very likely to be an Oz NT captain in the next few years and it takes a special player to achieve that. (Was captain of our U17s)

upgotheheads

There are 12 games left and we're 14 points clear of our nearest competitor. They would have to close the gap at better than a point a game until the end of the season, and that's not going to happen. Third place is in the bag.

LogicalEric

Thought Atkinson was absolutely superb when he came on. Made a massive difference/threat going down that right hand side. Just wasn't happening for Dexter yesterday.

No Idle Talk

Did anyone else get the feeling yesterday that it was like watching one of the OF playing Motherwell? 

The way Motherwell were sat in deep and showed little interest in coming out. The way we dominated possession of the ball. The way we had to be patient and just keep picking at the lock until it finally opened. The way the fans had to stay with the team even though frustration was starting to build. 

To me it was very like watching Rangers or Celtic against a bottom half team. That is the level of respect - you might even say fear - Motherwell were showing us yesterday. It was an interesting dynamic I thought. 

15 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Excellent second half again. Some form from the boys. Oda and Vargas great impact from the bench in particular. 

2-0 flattered Motherwell by the end. 

Beggars belief as to why Naisy started with 3 at the back, especially since we are chronic with that and are far better with a 4… 

Stop using a 3 and we might still win the league (and the cup) Naisy 

I would imagine he done it because we will be playing with it at Ibrox and probably at home to Celtic. 

Dallas Green
17 hours ago, Berrassobad said:

nah

If you are talking about the Shankland booking then it wasn't a block he slid in and made a pass. The Motherwell lad then kicks Shankland on the ground. The yellow was out before Shakland was mouthing off to the ref.

periodictabledancer
6 hours ago, LogicalEric said:

Thought Atkinson was absolutely superb when he came on. Made a massive difference/threat going down that right hand side. Just wasn't happening for Dexter yesterday.

In the immediate run up to the free kick & goal he was in  good positions but had no support out wide and three times just pumped aimless balls into the box that all came to nothing. 

I think he can be much more effective (not picking on him) but the team needs to offer more in overloads in wide areas. 

I don't think he was superb but he was very effective. 

1 hour ago, Dallas Green said:

If you are talking about the Shankland booking then it wasn't a block he slid in and made a pass. The Motherwell lad then kicks Shankland on the ground. The yellow was out before Shakland was mouthing off to the ref.

Exactly what happened, not sure how anyone can say otherwise tbh.

cookieboy

I love reading the match thread the day after . FWIW i thought every player played their part, and I got a starring role in Vargas twitter post 

21 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

Really? Thought he looked lively. 

Agree, he was decent, just tired in 2nd half because he’s not played much

Bad Religion
21 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Clearly, I disagree.

Your mate Tosh did exactly that. You going to call him out?

John Findlay
21 hours ago, sac said:

Thinking back now I would say Fraser was the weak link today

The weakest links were correctly subbed yesterday. Lembikisa at halftime and Cochrane later in the second half, but I thought he should have been subbed at halftime too.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Did anyone else get the feeling yesterday that it was like watching one of the OF playing Motherwell? 

The way Motherwell were sat in deep and showed little interest in coming out. The way we dominated possession of the ball. The way we had to be patient and just keep picking at the lock until it finally opened. The way the fans had to stay with the team even though frustration was starting to build. 

To me it was very like watching Rangers or Celtic against a bottom half team. That is the level of respect - you might even say fear - Motherwell were showing us yesterday. It was an interesting dynamic I thought. 

Yip, tbh teams at Tynecastle have done that for 2/3 seasons now.

It's been noticeable.

We've lost 3 league games to non OF team in 3 seasons, including  this one.

No Idle Talk
14 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yip, tbh teams at Tynecastle have done that for 2/3 seasons now.

It's been noticeable.

We've lost 3 league games to non OF team in 3 seasons, including  this one.

Dundee, St Mirren and Motherwell?

Dougie Masterton
22 hours ago, Berrassobad said:

nah

Absolute nonsense 

Jambo in Bathgate
22 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

It’s been that way since the start of the season. We lost a silly goal against Motherwell at Tynecastle earlier in season. They then camped in their own half. We threw everything at them but couldn’t score. Most teams are playing like that now even at their own ground. The only exception has been Dundee. That’s how they play Rangers and Celtic hoping for a point or a sneak win. 

Watt-Zeefuik
17 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

Motherwell's version

They've got quite a good video editor, apart from the fake analog film artifacts. Is that some kind of anti-piracy thing? Distracting as ****.

• 3 weeks later...
Stuart McNeill
4 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Their defence tiring massively now

it's only taken 3 weeks but glad we managed to get 2 goals already 

Ricardo Quaresma

Oops, old phone page :lol:

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma