***Official Heart of Midlothian vs **** The Well Match Thread***

Bongo 1874

Bongo 1874

Unbeaten in 11 and into the quarter-finals Hearts,3rd in the league at a canter catch us if you can scum.

Honestly playing some of the best football I've seen in years,every game feels like we are scoring atleast 2 goals.

This is the value for money i told you older guys deserve,you pay hard cash you deserve good football.

And Naisy and staff are giving us it.

Hearts 4-0 Well.

Players should be buzzing for this game.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Pasquale for King

• HeartsandonlyHearts

LarrysRightFoot

We took Ross County lightly IMO, let’s not do it again Motherwell. A good/fast start would be nice. 

Motherwell have a tough run of games. Pitoddrie Tynecastle then celtic at home. Then Livi away never straight forward either.

Their league form has improved a lot but hopefully we'll have too much for them. Halliday won't be able to play i assume 

PapaShango

Got to be at it from the get go here and I'm sure we will be. Get an early goal like yesterday and we will have to much for them I feel. We will be buzzing to get out there again and a really good opportunity to get another 3 points on the board. I don't think we are too far away from sealing 3rd place but would be good to keep the run going for a few more weeks. Not sure how we will set up here, maybe Atkinson for Dexter, he leaves us far too open defensively IMO and all the threat first half yesterday came down his side. Grant of Fraser? Tait must be close to getting a first start as well, he's been absolutely tremendous every game he has played so far, just playing the simple ball is so under rated at times but he does it with a tempo and always forward. Shankland will be bursting to get to 30 goals, no reason why he won't get there the form he is in. Another couple on Saturday would be magic from him. 

We have a deep enough squad to see us through the congested times of the season now. The evidence shows us there is a strong cohesion throughout the whole squad .
           The only bit that concerns me is the defence, Kettlewell will have been watching last night and will be looking to exploit the uncertainty we showed in small glimpses during the game .

I will go for 2-1 Shanks & Kenny 👍

Edited by jamboozy

davemclaren
2 hours ago, Hansel said:

Motherwell have a tough run of games. Pitoddrie Tynecastle then celtic at home. Then Livi away never straight forward either.

Their league form has improved a lot but hopefully we'll have too much for them. Halliday won't be able to play i assume 

Halliday can't play for them. 

Whisper it softly but Naisy is edging towards Burley stats as a Hearts manager but with a much lower budget and class of player. If he keeps going at this rate be easier to keep shanks that him lol

21 minutes ago, jtkb said:

Whisper it softly but Naisy is edging towards Burley stats as a Hearts manager but with a much lower budget and class of player. If he keeps going at this rate be easier to keep shanks that him lol

Future Everton manager one day, heard it here first 👀

But you're right though if he cruises us into 3rd and wins the Scottish cup his stock will already be very high after 1 season as a "rookie" - or "Stevie Naebadges" as the hibees like to call him. Funny you don't really see these terms used so much anymore 🙂

Remnants of Standards

They'll sit in; a plea please to those who start moaning after 20 if we're not ahead; this team deserve patience and backing, please give them it.

No Idle Talk

I am wary of the Andy Halliday revenge goal in this game. But even if he gets one we should still have enough to win this game. Motherwell have been shan for a while. We're obviously not going to win every game we play but I am confident the winning run will survive this fixture.

1 minute ago, No Idle Talk said:

I am wary of the Andy Halliday revenge goal in this game. But even if he gets one we should still have enough to win this game. Motherwell have been shan for a while. We're obviously not going to win every game we play but I am confident the winning run will survive this fixture.

He’s still only on loan so can’t play. 

Mikey1874
2 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Just as well loan players aren't allowed to play against their clubs.

Luckies1874
2 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Halliday won't be playing on Saturday. 

No Idle Talk
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

He’s still only on loan so can’t play. 

Aaah. Had it in my head that he had gone there on a permanent deal. 

One less thing to worry about then. 😁

21 minutes ago, Remnants of Standards said:

They'll sit in; a plea please to those who start moaning after 20 if we're not ahead; this team deserve patience and backing, please give them it.

Absolutely! This team does not accept defeat!  

Losing at home to them in September was a shocker.  Need to make up for that.  We've actually only won 3 of the last 6 meetings at Tynecastle, but confident ahead of this one.

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

One less thing to worry about then. 

The day we worry about playing against Andy Halliday is the day to chuck it!

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Waterboy said:

Losing at home to them in September was a shocker.  Need to make up for that.  We've actually only won 3 of the last 6 meetings at Tynecastle, but confident ahead of this one.

They actually looked really good that day then had a couple of good performances against Rangers at Ibrox and home to Celtic where they lost both. Subsequently seemed to fall off a cliff for whatever reason.  Could be a tough game, depends on the first half!

Jack Torrance

Kettlewell will be desperate to win, following the absolute dogs abuse he took last night from the young team. 😆

That said, some of the comments on the Pie and Bovril match thread from their Morton game suggest Hearts will be sending two keepers to Germany, following Kelly's performance for them. Hopefully his form continues. 

3-0 Hearts.

On a side note, I saw one of their fans mention on that thread that Morton manager Doug Imrie, shat himself at high school.

5 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Unbeaten in 11 and into the quarter-finals Hearts,3rd in the league at a canter catch us if you can scum.

Honestly playing some of the best football I've seen in years,every game feels like we are scoring atleast 2 goals.

This is the value for money i told you older guys deserve,you pay hard cash you deserve good football.

And Naisy and staff are giving us it.

Hearts 4-0 Well.

Players should be buzzing for this game.

Fair play to you , you were adamant things would go like this . I did not think so after the first round of games 

Just keep winning Hearts . No letting up . We are the better team , and if they beat us at home then we will have not played to our potential 

number-16

As far as the league goes, we've not won a game this season by more than two goals.

It would be nice to change that.

12 minutes ago, number-16 said:

As far as the league goes, we've not won a game this season by more than two goals.

It would be nice to change that.

Surely has to come at some point.

Sleepy head
2 hours ago, Jack Torrance said:

Kettlewell will be desperate to win, following the absolute dogs abuse he took last night from the young team. 😆

That said, some of the comments on the Pie and Bovril match thread from their Morton game suggest Hearts will be sending two keepers to Germany, following Kelly's performance for them. Hopefully his form continues. 

3-0 Hearts.

On a side note, I saw one of their fans mention on that thread that Morton manager Doug Imrie, shat himself at high school.

I was the same.

I never once allowed anyone else in the cubicle with me.

Jack Torrance
1 minute ago, Sleepy head said:

I was the same.

I never once allowed anyone else in the cubicle with me.

😆 the importance of hyphens.

And cubicles.

1971fozzy

Really looking forward to this one. 
with Kilmarnock at Parkhead what a chance to further extend the gap.

3-1 to us.   Shanks with 2 of them and Forrest

gnasher75
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Really looking forward to this one. 
with Kilmarnock at Parkhead what a chance to further extend the gap.

3-1 to us.   Shanks with 2 of them and Forrest

I hope Killie beat Celtic. Keep winning and Hearts don't need to be looking down the table. Really want to see us close the gap to the top two. 13 behind Celtic just now. Get within 10 by the end of the season would be phenomenal.

Sleepy head
2 hours ago, Jack Torrance said:

😆 the importance of hyphens.

And cubicles.

😁

Harry Potter
23 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

2-0

Forrest and Cochrane

Aye going for that. shanks instead of Forrest.

Bongo 1874
19 hours ago, Sooks said:

Fair play to you , you were adamant things would go like this . I did not think so after the first round of games 

Not over yet,but we take it one game at a time.

Big test is going to Ibrox and leaving with something,though that can be hard with bias refs and other incidents.

As we seen last time.

Think wee Vargas could be an important player now till the end of the season. Looks like he’s settling in if (goal celebration Sunday) is anything to go by. 
pace to burn as well. Like to see him running in on goal more, has quick feet decent control and a tough wee guy.

pettigrewsstylist

Tough gig. Home performance back under spotlight.

Should have enough to squeeze it and keep momentum into hard run. Midfield will be key. Cant see us not starting with Beni and Calem. 

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

Lord Beni of Gorgie

They prefer to play football, but like a bit of the clog in there too. Referee is Chris Graham, who booked 7 of ours at Sheep, then did similar to Dundee at Tynecastle a few weeks back, probably a good ref to get playing them. We will create chances and win a decent game 3-1 perhaps. Cant be there this week, shame, think it will be a good day

PortyBeach
21 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

They actually looked really good that day then had a couple of good performances against Rangers at Ibrox and home to Celtic where they lost both. Subsequently seemed to fall off a cliff for whatever reason.  Could be a tough game, depends on the first half!

I agree. They were missing Slattery against Morton, I think, and their midfield were poor  collectively in that match.

They do have a couple of younger players who look useful however (Devine and another whose name eludes me).

They’ve got something to prove after the Cappielow result so I’d anticipate a spirited performance from them. 
That said, we’re better man-for-man and if we match their efforts, we’ll come out on top.

26 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

I agree. They were missing Slattery against Morton, I think, and their midfield were poor  collectively in that match.

They do have a couple of younger players who look useful however (Devine and another whose name eludes me).

They’ve got something to prove after the Cappielow result so I’d anticipate a spirited performance from them. 
That said, we’re better man-for-man and if we match their efforts, we’ll come out on top.

Theo Bair is the one to watch just now, 6 goals in the last 5 league games 

PapaShango
24 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Theo Bair is the one to watch just now, 6 goals in the last 5 league games 

He looked absolutely honking on Friday night! With our current form I expect us to put them away with a couple of goals to spare. Doesn't always work out like that but 3 points here are massive towards 3rd. 

Just now, PapaShango said:

He looked absolutely honking on Friday night! With our current form I expect us to put them away with a couple of goals to spare. Doesn't always work out like that but 3 points here are massive towards 3rd. 

Aye looking at his career I think it’s just a purple patch. I would expect us to win this one comfortably, their fans want Liam Kelly dropped so hopefully we can put him under pressure 

Midloth_Iain
57 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Hopefully it comes tomorrow against the Sheep 😊. A draw in that game would be nice.

10 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Andrew Dallas on VAR strikes me with the fear! 

He will probably plug his XBox in to the monitor and sit and play Crash Bandicoot instead . Useless wee tit that he is 

What we thinking at the back for Sat? I'd like to see -

Atkinson    Kent    Kingsley    Cochrane

Dexter has been ok but slightly wobbly and not as effective as he was in his first couple of games and think Atkinson is a more rounded player. 

Rowles no reason other than he's been away for a month and Kingsley has done well slotting in at CB. 

Chillidigits
23 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

One less thing to worry about then. 😁

We don't want Spittal doing the same to us as Dhando did. That's my main concern so that threat needs nullified

FoH forever
21 minutes ago, Chimp said:

What we thinking at the back for Sat? I'd like to see -

Atkinson    Kent    Kingsley    Cochrane

Dexter has been ok but slightly wobbly and not as effective as he was in his first couple of games and think Atkinson is a more rounded player. 

Rowles no reason other than he's been away for a month and Kingsley has done well slotting in at CB. 

Prefer Rowles as other CB, Kingsley at LB then push Cochrane further up so they can overlap. Would replace Grant from Sun's 11 to make way for Rowles coming in.

Think it will give a better balance/width to the LS, as Forrest often looks to drive in from the left. Grant was doing similar, which did give space for Cochrane but that was also in part to Airdrie's set up and can't see Motherwell doing the same.

Although usually highlights unless playing us so could be way off but from what I've seen, Motherwell look have been playing more through the centre of the park, rather than down wings so another reason to help stretch them.

Just now, FoH forever said:

Prefer Rowles as other CB, Kingsley at LB then push Cochrane further up so they can overlap. Would replace Grant from Sun's 11 to make way for Rowles coming in.

Think it will give a better balance/width to the LS, as Forrest often looks to drive in from the left. Grant was doing similar, which did give space for Cochrane but that was also in part to Airdrie's set up and can't see Motherwell doing the same.

Although usually highlights unless playing us so could be way off but from what I've seen, Motherwell look have been playing more through the centre of the park, rather than down wings so another reason to help stretch them.

Further up into what position though? If it was a 4 at the back where would you be having him?

2 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

They are playing at pittodrie tomorrow night too