• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Pasquale for King

• HeartsandonlyHearts

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Edinburgh is just one big set of roadworks but sadly not to improve the roads it's all about cycle paths and Walking and Wheeling. So my advice is get a bike, pram or a good pair of walking boots.

Or a bus, tram or train.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Harsh to blame Rowles for conceding the penalty at ER. Kent made an absolute meal of it and put us in that position, Rowles just stopped what was probably a sure goal

He was definitely unlucky but the poster was exaggerating his role in the defence, we havent missed him or Atkinson, the defence has been pretty much as good as it was with them. 

Jambof3tornado
7 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Fancying a doing today. 

4-0 Hearts. 

3 up by halftime and a relaxing 2nd half would be nice.....instead of going behind before we actually get going!!

3-1 Hearts 

8 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Or a bus, tram or train.

I was attempting to be sacrastic which seems to not have worked with you.

tiger Rudi
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He was definitely unlucky but the poster was exaggerating his role in the defence, we havent missed him or Atkinson, the defence has been pretty much as good as it was with them. 

Nah not how I saw it. Against Livingston, RC, Dundee and Airdrie we have had spells where the defence has looked shaky. I know we were trying to get Halks up to speed, but it certainly wasn't as solid as the Kent, Rowles partnership. Our RB area has been getting targeted too. I hope both Atty and Rowles start. 

32 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Shanks seems a robust sort and it would be rediculous to suggest that we go into every game assuming or worrying that he is going to get crocked by some hammer thrower... Souness finshed playing a long time back 😂

Oh I am not suggesting we do not play him or something , I am merely concerned that he is a total thug and he seems to have some sort of issue with Hearts as well  

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Nah not how I saw it. Against Livingston, RC, Dundee and Airdrie we have had spells where the defence has looked shaky. I know we were trying to get Halks up to speed, but it certainly wasn't as solid as the Kent, Rowles partnership. Our RB area has been getting targeted too. I hope both Atty and Rowles start. 

I don’t think we were that impervious before they left, teams target our GK, I hope Gordon starts. 

Lambert Simnel
8 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

I think that's a fair assessment. I've had kittens watching some of our defending in recent weeks (while still being pleased at the result obvs) -  though maybe I'm a bit of a worrier. I'd be happier with Rowles and Kent at the back.

In any case, what a difference Frankie Kent has made to the defence. Last season, every crossed ball was a reason for panic (and the defenders seemed to think so too). Now, I reckon we're more solid than average against crosses, and Kent is the main reason for that.

Victorian

Rangers,  Hibs,  Celtic after today.  There is a possibility of no more than a point from those.  We have to win today to be a relaxed position going ahead.

I think it's only Kilmarnock and St.Mirren who can challenge.  It would be nice to see them hit a mediocre run.  Still slightly wary of Dundee though.

Edited by Victorian

32 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Fancying a doing today. 

4-0 Hearts. 

I’ve stuck a3-0 on 👍

Fitzroy Pointon

Need to be mindful of Motherwell's fast start on Wednesday night, combined with our notoriously slow starts. 

But I'm confident we can make it a Lanarkshire double. 

2-0. Shankland and Vargas. 

42 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Shanks seems a robust sort and it would be rediculous to suggest that we go into every game assuming or worrying that he is going to get crocked by some hammer thrower... Souness finshed playing a long time back 😂

Motherwell will be like choir boys compared to Dougle Imries Morton, who thrive on there reputation as hammer throwers 

OmiyaHearts

It's a weird feeling, being so confident going into games. But we're scoring today, no doubt about that, we always score. It's a great bit of security to have.

spacerjoe
25 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

3 up by halftime and a relaxing 2nd half would be nice.....instead of going behind before we actually get going!!

3-1 Hearts 

Sounds boring 😉

Jambosteve1902
21 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Rangers,  Hibs,  Celtic after today.  There is a possibility of no more than a point from those.  We have to win today to be a relaxed position going ahead.

I think it's only Kilmarnock and St.Mirren who can challenge.  It would be nice to see them hit a mediocre run.  Still slightly wary of Dundee though.

More chance of us beating celtic and hibs than only getting 1 point IMO with both at tynie.  Topped off with fact Hibs are absolutely pish 

Lambert Simnel
2 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

More chance of us beating celtic and hibs than only getting 1 point IMO with both at tynie.  Topped off with fact Hibs are absolutely pish 

Agreed. To be fair, he did say there was a possibility of no more than a point, which is certainly true.

I think the most likely return is 4 points - 3 from the Hibs, 1 from Celtic, but none from Rangers.  Getting more isn't outlandish though.

davie1980

I'm usually a bit of a contrarian

If we're on a good run, I get a bit pessiistic and feel it's got to come to an end soon, if we are doing badly I often see light at the end of the tunnel.

But I'm not getting that now. We feel like a team that could maintain this form and still fancy a Hearts in today.

3-1 Hearts

Vargas to play a blinder and get on the scoresheet

davie1980
Just now, jambo_74 said:

Sounds nasty, you should get to a doctor sharpish 😀

Have done

Terminal

Just got to make the most of my time here and not give it to anyone else

davie1980
1 minute ago, jambo_74 said:

Sounds nasty, you should get to a doctor sharpish 😀

The main symptoms are swollen thumbs and poor motor control

1 minute ago, davie1980 said:

The main symptoms are swollen thumbs and poor motor control

😂👍

4 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Have done

Terminal

Just got to make the most of my time here and not give it to anyone else

Impending doom aside, I agree with everything you have said. Right now I feel confident in a way I haven't felt for some time, I just think we will find a way to win!

davie1980
4 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

Impending doom aside, I agree with everything you have said. Right now I feel confident in a way I haven't felt for some time, I just think we will find a way to win!

Aye, it's very unlike me

Daveandal

Massive game. As stated we have, on paper, a tricky run coming up. Win today and even a mini collapse shouldn't stop us from coming 3rd.

I'd say Celtic and Rangers also have uncomfortable games this weekend. Its always nice to look upwards.

NaturalOrder74

Great chance to go 25 points clear reckon we could give them a bruising after bottled it up north mid week 

tiger Rudi
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think we were that impervious before they left, teams target our GK, I hope Gordon starts. 

I'm with you on that one. Craig maybe hasn't been tested much yet, but what he's done has been confident and calming. He was our number 1 before, it's about time he was again. 

Put it another way, if I'm watching Scotland open the Euros, I wouldn't feel confident with Zander between the sticks, despite how good he's been for us. 

john thomas
7 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

I'm with you on that one. Craig maybe hasn't been tested much yet, but what he's done has been confident and calming. He was our number 1 before, it's about time he was again. 

Put it another way, if I'm watching Scotland open the Euros, I wouldn't feel confident with Zander between the sticks, despite how good he's been for us. 

You do know you're replying to someone who thinks Zander has never been any good for us ?

Back to a three again.   Interesting. 

I'm loving the squad. 

3-1 Shankland 

Come on the Hearts! :flag1:

Edited by HMFC01

GorgieFifeLife
1 hour ago, tiger Rudi said:

We have improved with them out of the side.  Bench them and let them fight for a place back in the team.  Rowles up against Bair would be the mismatch of all mismatches.

Edited by GorgieFifeLife

2 hours ago, jock _turd said:

Did you read what I posted? Deep trough and in the last three games an upturn and scoring some goals. It is just a comment on how the have done. They started the season well then plummeted maybe on the way back now?

I’m not so sure to be honest. They got beat by Greenock a week ago. 

They have been scoring quite a bit this season prior to last two games. 

Forza Tertz

I expect we'll be playing with a 3-5-2 in the Old Firm and derby games so makes sense to use this game for the players to get reacquainted with it.

Captain Canada

Not looking great for Atkinson being kept out of the team by a stop-gap loan signing with less experience.

3 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Not looking great for Atkinson being kept out of the team by a stop-gap loan signing with less experience.

Who is also very good at bombing on. Which is what we need today 👍🏻

4 minutes ago, Forza Tertz said:

I expect we'll be playing with a 3-5-2 in the Old Firm and derby games so makes sense to use this game for the players to get reacquainted with it.

Good point. 

Should help not losing cheap goals in the first half as well. 

Roxy Hearts

Spittal always plays well against us so need watch him and Bair! Our team and squad looking good. Come on Hearts!

tazhearts

Surprised we are going back to a 3-5-2 formation.

I'd like to have seen Natty back in as he's much better than Dexter IMO.

I would assume Kingsley is right centre back again, I reckon that’s as good an XI as we can get depending on how good Fraser is

Captain Canada
3 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

I think Dexter is the better player but from Natty's perspective, it must be hard to take. 

4 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Spittal always plays well against us so need watch him and Bair! Our team and squad looking good. Come on Hearts!

Spittal not in the motherwell squad according to FotMob

8 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

OmiyaHearts
5 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

No Spittal today.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I wonder if the switch to a 3 is driven by the next fixtures coming up?

3 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

Surprised we are going back to a 3-5-2 formation.

I'd like to have seen Natty back in as he's much better than Dexter IMO.

Dexter suited to 3 at the back. He won't need to defend as much