***Official Heart of Midlothian vs **** The Well Match Thread***

Bongo 1874

Sooperstar

That Shankland booking is absolute comedy. Looked a ridiculous decision at the time, even worse with how it actually happened. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Pasquale for King

• HeartsandonlyHearts

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
7 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

That Shankland booking is absolute comedy. Looked a ridiculous decision at the time, even worse with how it actually happened. 

I thought that was a late challenge by the Motherwell player during the game. Shanks was very unfortunate.

GlasgoJambo
11 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

ffs🤦🏽‍♂️

Dominant display throughout. Thought we controlled the whole first half albeit a little bit slow in the build up at times. 

Second half once we changed it up a bit we played on the front foot in and around their box and could have scored more than 2 in the end.

Great to see how far we have came this season and the improvements in a lot of the guys. Guys like Hoff and Forrest at some points didn't look good enough to be starters and now they are just expected to be in the side. Kent has been magnificent this season. 

Feels good to have such a settled squad with so many solid players who are reliable. 

13 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

There no way that's a booking, thought it at the time and this just confirms it. Total incompetence by the Ref...unbelievable 

tiger Rudi
14 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

We should appeal that. Shocking decision. At no time did Shankland endanger his opponent. Farcical! 

15 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Was the booking maybe for his reaction?

indianajones
17 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

It was blatantly obvious to the entire stadium that it wasn't even a foul let alone a booking. A joke. 

Bongo 1874

Outstanding second half changed to a back four, and looked like a prime Bielsa team in the championship.

Attack after Attack 

The workrate off the ball from Oda and Vargas unbelievable.

The attacking play from Shankland, Forrest, Vargas, Oda,

The pressing from Forrest.

Unbelievable second half.

Bazzas right boot

Good game.

Good possession and Control in the  first half without creating or threatening the goal too much. 

First ten minutes of first half went a bit end to end and we lost a bit control,  but after the 2nd set of subs we dominated them and should have scored  more.

We certainly do tire teams out first half and get more space  in the second, seems a theme.

Gorgie Juggernaut steams on.

:av-1001:

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, indianajones said:

It was blatantly obvious to the entire stadium that it wasn't even a foul let alone a booking. A joke. 

It's a foul on Shankland. 

tiger Rudi
1 hour ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Said this on another thread, but Naisy set the team up to attack the flanks, Kettlewell set up his team to snuff everything out on the touchline. Naisy adjusted and refactored everything to go up the middle.

Our setup first half wasn't bad, just that Kettlewell was ready for it. So we adapted and won 2-0.

Yes that's how I saw it. Both Hoff and Fraser looked a bit wide for me early doors. Not enough momentum through the middle. Balls out to Dexter invariably returned to where they came from. Cochrane not really making much headway down the left. 

So so different when we changed formation and personnel. 

Credit to Naisy for using a full squad and getting every player working their socks off, each of them knowing what's expected. You just get a feeling before and during every game that we are going to win. Players and fans are lapping it up 😁

Watt-Zeefuik
16 minutes ago, GlasgoJambo said:

What was Motherwell’s complaints at the second goal? 

apart from general shitebaggery?

A foul in the run-up, I believe. Very little in it IMO.

Watt-Zeefuik
1 minute ago, tiger Rudi said:

Yes that's how I saw it. Both Hoff and Fraser looked a bit wide for me early doors. Not enough momentum through the middle. Balls out to Dexter invariably returned to where they came from. Cochrane not really making much headway down the left. 

So so different when we changed formation and personnel. 

Credit to Naisy for using a full squad and getting every player working their socks off, each of them knowing what's expected. You just get a feeling before and during every game that we are going to win. Players and fans are lapping it up 😁

Yep, I'm starting to get extremely greedy when it comes to expecting wins. It's pleasant to be rewarded every week!

Oda be a JT
8 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Good game.

Good possession and Control in the  first half without creating or threatening the goal too much. 

First ten minutes of first half went a bit end to end and we lost a bit control,  but after the 2nd set of subs we dominated them and should have scored  more.

We certainly do tire teams out first half and get more space  in the second, seems a theme.

Gorgie Juggernaut steams on.

:av-1001:

3 hours ago, Oda be a JT said:

It’s just becoming what we do, tire out the opposition in the first half with no real goal threats and second half stroll it - here’s hoping this is what we are about to see again.

Certainly not concerned yet, our subs always make a big difference too and we have a good bench nowadays 

almost exactly what I said at half time!

Jinx!!!

Motherwell just like the others come to Tynecastle to play anti football. Every throw in, free kick, goal kick even there own corners took a life time to take. Sat in with midfield and defence on top of each other spread a cross the whole pitch. About 40 yards from there own goal and barely moved. As a fan base and team I think we are all becoming used to being patient. Good 3 points and performance and move on the next.  

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Oda be a JT said:

almost exactly what I said at half time!

Jinx!!!

Yip, we did move the ball around fast, the Motherwell guy that was through on goal looked knackered and that was before ht!

Sooperstar
33 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Was the booking maybe for his reaction?

Nah, the card was straight out and it wasn't even a foul. 

2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Nah, the card was straight out and it wasn't even a foul. 

Yeah, I agree. Was the only explanation I could think of. Was actually expecting another yellow or red for him at some point given who we play soon.

amadjambo

Couldn’t understand why he switched to a back 3/5 today, and started Lembiska who was rotten at Dundee and Airdrie. Fantastic 2nd half performance yet again though, and could have been much more comfortable. Really impressed with Oda when he came on, he actually looked full of confidence for a change. 

Clear few
33 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Yeah, I agree. Was the only explanation I could think of. Was actually expecting another yellow or red for him at some point given who we play soon.

Precisely what i said to my Dad, play der Hun next and the ref is looking for any chance to send Shanks off. 

Cameronstheman

Whats our average age of our players, TIA

Edited by Cameronstheman

Proper team. Brilliant again. Its not Brazil 70 but its damn effective. Dealing with games with confidence and assurance, it's a great time to be a jambo. Saying it for months now, we are a proper team and im ****ing loving it.  

5 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

At least some of them turn up with colours.

Screenshot_20240217_143226_Gallery.jpg

Dear god. We live in a dystopia. 

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, Philfigo said:

Motherwell just like the others come to Tynecastle to play anti football. Every throw in, free kick, goal kick even there own corners took a life time to take. Sat in with midfield and defence on top of each other spread a cross the whole pitch. About 40 yards from there own goal and barely moved. As a fan base and team I think we are all becoming used to being patient. Good 3 points and performance and move on the next.  

You have to wonder at the stupidity of time wasting early in a game. Somehow they stopped doing it 0-1. But by then they've wasted the time they need to get back in game.

Wee Mikey
26 minutes ago, Australis said:

Great to see Cammy back today too.

Agreed.

That tackle he made in front of the Wheatfield stand (section C?) was classic Cammy.

Nobody else in our squad can do that.

As for the nonsense spouted on this forum about him being 'out of favour'?

Utter garbage.

He's been injured for many weeks, and Naisy himself has already explained the rationale as regards his training, rehabilitation, and so on.

Fabby wee player.

Maple Leaf
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's a foul on Shankland. 

Vale stepped on Shankland's foot, then dove.  Vale should have got the yellow, not Shankland.

Mikey1874
29 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

Whats our average age of our players, TIA

Of who played today, average age 25 

Wee Mikey
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You have to wonder at the stupidity of time wasting early in a game. Somehow they stopped doing it 0-1. But by then they've wasted the time they need to get back in game.

By the time they went to a 5-2-3, it was too late. Their manager's response was big fellas up front and hoof it.

Our more talented players kept the heid.

Naisy read the game well.

We've seen this so many times this season. Opposition teams being well drilled in defence with us having to bide our time as to breaking them down.

What's more, these clubs sign giants.

Big Mugabi was mostly sound, but Shanks got the better of him for his goal.

I'm liking it that the team aren't panicking.

Fozzyonthefence
16 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Agreed.

That tackle he made in front of the Wheatfield stand (section C?) was classic Cammy.

Nobody else in our squad can do that.

As for the nonsense spouted on this forum about him being 'out of favour'?

Utter garbage.

He's been injured for many weeks, and Naisy himself has already explained the rationale as regards his training, rehabilitation, and so on.

Fabby wee player.

Why wasn’t he getting picked for several weeks before he got injured then?  He was fit to play but was on the bench for weeks without starting any games.  SN preferred both Beni and Hoff ahead of him.  

Wee Mikey
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Why wasn’t he getting picked for several weeks before he got injured then?  He was fit to play but was on the bench for weeks without starting any games.  SN preferred both Beni and Hoff ahead of him.  

Ask Naisy ...

... or ...

Simply continue to scrape the bottom of the barrel looking for negatives ...

.... Pfffft ....

No doubt, you know better than our management team.

Good on ya. 👍

Wee Mikey
13 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Another massive 3pts , we're in a really good place and I'm loving it

Some people are grimacing and bending over backwards seeking out negatives.

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Ask Naisy ...

... or ...

Simply continue to scrape the bottom of the barrel looking for negatives ...

.... Pfffft ....

No doubt, you know better than our management team.

Good on ya. 👍

I didn’t say anything negative at all, read it back.  I’m a big Cammy fan and I would have him in my starting 11 most weeks.  You on the hand were having a pop at Hearts fans on here for suggesting he was out of favour.  

Now if you can be arsed, feel free to check the starting line ups in the weeks before he was injured and guess what?  You’ll see that SN wasn’t picking him.   

Wee Mikey
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I didn’t say anything negative at all, read it back.  I’m a big Cammy fan and I would have him in my starting 11 most weeks.  You on the hand were having a pop at Hearts fans on here for suggesting he was out of favour.  

Now if you can be arsed, feel free to check the starting line ups in the weeks before he was injured and guess what?  You’ll see that SN wasn’t picking him.   

Perhaps our manager knows stuff that we don't?

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

Perhaps our manager knows stuff that we don't?

Mikey, have you been on the sauce?! Do you even know yourself what you’re ranting about?!

Standard win. Take the first half to see what the opposition have got. Management team rearrange team/tactics for 2nd half - and win comfortably. Rinse and repeat.....😁

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, JTJ said:

Standard win. Take the first half to see what the opposition have got. Management team rearrange team/tactics for 2nd half - and win comfortably. Rinse and repeat.....😁

Not quite standard - we didn’t go a goal or two down!  Less stress. 

Clear few

Kudos to whoever it was that posted this on Pie & Bovril 

“Joint best form team in Europe along with Inter. Who we'd shag bandy”

🤣😂🤣

WorldChampions1902
7 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

At least some of them turn up with colours.

Screenshot_20240217_143226_Gallery.jpg

Hence the phrase, “These Colours Don’t Run”.

tiger Rudi
2 minutes ago, Clear few said:

Kudos to whoever it was that posted this on Pie & Bovril 

“Joint best form team in Europe along with Inter. Who we'd shag bandy”

🤣😂🤣

🤣😂

Wee Mikey
13 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Mikey, have you been on the sauce?! Do you even know yourself what you’re ranting about?!

Maybe Naisy picked up on Cammy's performances during training and made a sound decision?

Thus far, we've had some great 2nd half showings. Superb substitutions and long may that continue if it's a template on how to grind down teams that sit in.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Maybe Naisy picked up on Cammy's performances during training and made a sound decision?

Thus far, we've had some great 2nd half showings. Superb substitutions and long may that continue if it's a template on how to grind down teams that sit in.

Mikey, you’re all over the place!  You’ve gone from saying that those saying Cammy was out of favour was “utter garbage” to now giving reasons for him, er, being out of favour!

It’s clear Naismith has him down the pecking order for the DM positions and Hoff has improved a lot since Cammy has been out injured.  That’s clearly why he’s trying to coach a more attacking role into Cammy so hopefully it works out.