***Official Heart of Midlothian vs **** The Well Match Thread***

Bongo 1874

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

****s sake that's the second week in a row I've forgotten about Forrest.

I'd take off Fraser for Forrest and keep room for Rowles in a back 3. We've been giving up soft goals with him out of the lineup and in the back 4. We were absolutely impervious when he was in before the break.

Like the Ross County game, the penalty he conceded at ER or the defeats at Pittodrie and Ibrox? Played well against St Mirren and Celtic but impervious just isn’t true. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Pasquale for King

• HeartsandonlyHearts

Bongo 1874
29 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Oda is back now. Tagawa has a separate concussion from training.

This confirmed yeah ?

troonmaroon

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

This confirmed yeah ?

Oda is in the training video we've posted. No idea re Tagawa. 

johnking123

Would only play three at the back against the Old firm or away to Aberdeen. If he picks Rowels over Kingsley, then I'm fine with that. We have a few big games coming up anyway and keeping Kingsley fresh would be not bad idea.

6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

That really shouldn’t be a consideration in managing a football club, is he taking Clark with him if he leaves? 

I agree. Was meaning more about squad moral. There’s no doubt that a fully fit, back to his best Craig Gordon is better than Clark. Unfortunately to find out if he’s back means dropping a perfectly good keeper who’s 90% sure of going to the Euros. 
Tough decision 

Watt-Zeefuik
49 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Like the Ross County game, the penalty he conceded at ER or the defeats at Pittodrie and Ibrox? Played well against St Mirren and Celtic but impervious just isn’t true. 

We played 90+ minutes of clean sheet football at Ibrox and collapsed in the last few minutes. That's hardly horrendous. Even including those games, starting with the loss at Ibrox where we first started in the back 3 with Rowles in it through the RC game at the end of December, we gave up 8 goals in 11 league matches with six clean sheets (including the home win v. Celtic). That's outstanding in any league.

Since Rowles has been out we've played five league games, none of them against the OF, and given up five goals with only two clean sheets. We've given up 4 goals in 2 matches against Dundee. In two cup games, we've shipped two goals to lower league opposition.

Edited by Watt-Zeefuik

Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

We played 90+ minutes of clean sheet football at Ibrox and collapsed in the last few minutes. That's hardly horrendous. Even including those games, starting with the loss at Ibrox where we first started in the back 3 with Rowles in it through the RC game at the end of December, we gave up 8 goals in 11 league matches with six clean sheets (including the home win v. Celtic). That's outstanding in any league.

Since Rowles has been out we've played five league games, none of them against the OF, and given up five goals with only two clean sheets. We've given up 4 goals in 2 matches against Dundee. In two cup games, we've shipped two goals to lower league opposition.

Still nowhere near impervious.

So you want Rowles to return and a back 3, even though we had to change it against the mighty Ross County?
Sorry if I missed it but do you think Gordon should return too.,

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, scottg71 said:

I agree. Was meaning more about squad moral. There’s no doubt that a fully fit, back to his best Craig Gordon is better than Clark. Unfortunately to find out if he’s back means dropping a perfectly good keeper who’s 90% sure of going to the Euros. 
Tough decision 

Thats the job of a manager, he has to make the decision for the betterment of the club not individuals. 

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Thats the job of a manager, he has to make the decision for the betterment of the club not individuals. 

So has Gordon shown enough in his 2 appearances to go back in as no 1? 

Watt-Zeefuik
13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Still nowhere near impervious.

So you want Rowles to return and a back 3, even though we had to change it against the mighty Ross County?
Sorry if I missed it but do you think Gordon should return too.,

During that stretch we were tied with Celtic for GA. I meant impervious metaphorically.

County threw a wildcard of a formation at us (how many Scottish clubs have ever run out Dunga's 4222?) and we adjusted. I'd still rather start in the back 3 that we've look best in all season. We've done well in our recent run without Rowles in the back 4 but we've gotten lucky several times in there and we've shipped some very soft goals.

From my armchair I think Gordon should return because Clark has looked a little iffy lately. But I'm not in training nor do I know how the team or Clark would take it. As long as Naisy isn't just sticking with Clark out of loyalty or inertia, I trust him to make that call more than myself.

johnking123
9 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

During that stretch we were tied with Celtic for GA. I meant impervious metaphorically.

County threw a wildcard of a formation at us (how many Scottish clubs have ever run out Dunga's 4222?) and we adjusted. I'd still rather start in the back 3 that we've look best in all season. We've done well in ocur recent run without Rowles in the back 4 but we've gotten lucky several times in there and we've shipped some very soft goals.

From my armchair I think Gordon should return because Clark has looked a little iffy lately. But I'm not in training nor do I know how the team or Clark would take it. As long as Naisy isn't just sticking with Clark out of loyalty or inertia, I trust him to make that call more than myself.

Clark iffy. Must be watching different games from me.

Watt-Zeefuik
5 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Clark iffy. Must be watching different games from me.

I've thought some of the goals we've given up recently were saveable. I'm not a keeper though. I lean Gordon but I'm not going to hold a hard opinion on it.

The Clark or Gordon question is one issue that Naismith will have to handle well. In an ideal world we keep the status quo and Clark plays league till 3rd is wrapped up and Gordon plays cup hopefully resulting in a magnificent cup final win in May!

That way they're both kept happy and hopefully both make the euros squad for Germany. 

However if Clark slips up and costs us points then he'll surely know himself that Gordon will take over.

It's tricky because Gordon just got another year contract and will want to be number 1 but we don't know how long he can play at his age. Unless the club are very confident in Stone succeeding Gordon then we don't want to lose Clark, who's a very good spfl level keeper.

It's tricky...

5 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

Agree, Lembikisa far more attack minded, very good with both feet. Very skilful with great technique. Hopefully he will start because the steelmen were garbage with balls into the box at pittodrie. 

Funny how people see things. You agree with me and Sooks thinks my comments about Atkinson in his words are SIMPLY NOT TRUE.

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Funny how people see things. You agree with me and Sooks thinks my comments about Atkinson in his words are SIMPLY NOT TRUE.

Yep it’s all down to opinions of course, but before the Australian lads headed off for the Asia cup I zeroed in on Atkinsons performances. Mainly because kickback was jumping up and down for a new RB. Atkinson is a decent defender, clumsy going forward, a headless chicken as you say, but a decent defender, I would hate to play against him. 

Lembikisa going forward gets me out my seat, he’s very skilful, two footed, seems rapid, has a quickness of thought, puts good crosses in, has a dig on him and can score goals. He looks bigger and stronger also. I’d hate to play against him too.

However imo he’s a RWB or even a RW before he’s a RB! My opinion 😁

Lembikisa will play at higher level than Atkinson.

For me Atkinson is a weak link, has had so many poor games (defending and going forward). Not saying Dexter is the answer but would happily see Atkinson not coming back in. Not at the level required for Hearts.

Voice of reason
55 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Yep it’s all down to opinions of course, but before the Australian lads headed off for the Asia cup I zeroed in on Atkinsons performances. Mainly because kickback was jumping up and down for a new RB. Atkinson is a decent defender, clumsy going forward, a headless chicken as you say, but a decent defender, I would hate to play against him. 

Lembikisa going forward gets me out my seat, he’s very skilful, two footed, seems rapid, has a quickness of thought, puts good crosses in, has a dig on him and can score goals. He looks bigger and stronger also. I’d hate to play against him too.

Atkinson has played at a World Cup - not a bad level! 🙂

it’s all about opinions, but I think Atkinson is currently better than Dexter. Unless, Lembikisa learns to work hard off the ball he’s not going to end up playing at a super high level. Both are good for us though In very different ways. 

10 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

it’s all about opinions, but I think Atkinson is currently better than Dexter. Unless, Lembikisa learns to work hard off the ball he’s not going to end up playing at a super high level. Both are good for us though In very different ways. 

Agreed!

Edited by ShedBoy

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, scottg71 said:

So has Gordon shown enough in his 2 appearances to go back in as no 1? 

Has Atkinson or Rowles? For me yes. You play your best players. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

County threw a wildcard of a formation at us (how many Scottish clubs have ever run out Dunga's 4222?) and we adjusted. I'd still rather start in the back 3 that we've look best in all season. We've done well in our recent run without Rowles in the back 4 but we've gotten lucky several times in there and we've shipped some very soft goals.

Personally I don’t think we’ve looked better in a 3 at all, we play better when Shankland has a pacy partner and more attackers on the pitch, not fullbacks as wingers or CHs as playmakers. 
Glad we agree on Gordon but I reserve the right to criticise any manager, even one who is clearly doing so well and trying to improve players in aspects they dont excel in. 
Lets do these wannabe weegies and discuss what happened tomorrow night 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

Jason Cummings played too, not really that impressive is it?

Pasquale for King
47 minutes ago, lmc1 said:

For me Atkinson is a weak link, has had so many poor games (defending and going forward). Not saying Dexter is the answer but would happily see Atkinson not coming back in. Not at the level required for Hearts.

I think we need an upgrade this summer. 

LeylandJambo
20 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Like the last game??

We took advantage of Airdrie playing very narrow. Motherwell won't set up that way they'll sit seep and counter us. I still think we'll win but only after going behind first.

Berrassobad

I would prefer this threads title was correct. i.e. "Motherwell"

The "Official" versus thread has existed on JKB happily for years.

Has the last bastion of decency disappeared ?

1971fozzy
2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

It's game day, cmon the Hearts HHGH 🇱🇻 

🇱🇻🇱🇻 can’t wait.  Bacon rolls then train then pub. 🇱🇻🇱🇻. Great time to be a Hearts fan. Come on the JTs

1 hour ago, Berrassobad said:

I would prefer this threads title was correct. i.e. "Motherwell"

The "Official" versus thread has existed on JKB happily for years.

Has the last bastion of decency disappeared ?

Ah blame they young yins.🤨😆

Sub4TiddlerMurray
6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Jason Cummings played too, not really that impressive is it?

Atkinson playing very well against Killian Mbappe is as impressive as it gets.

Not sure why you would diminish his international experience by throwing a Jason Cummings card onto the table 

Daveandal

People can have opinions on Atkinson but the fact is he is an international right back to consistently performs well for his country and for Hearts.

Gorgierools
4 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

People can have opinions on Atkinson but the fact is he is an international right back to consistently performs well for his country and for Hearts.

100%. Would Dexter walk into the Aussie team? Doubt it tbf.

HopeDiouf
13 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

This confirmed yeah ?

Its what naismith said in press conference yeah

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

🇱🇻🇱🇻 can’t wait.  Bacon rolls then train then pub. 🇱🇻🇱🇻. Great time to be a Hearts fan. Come on the JTs

My brother from a different father .... exact same match day routine lol

AC Mallin_51
14 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Harsh to blame Rowles for conceding the penalty at ER. Kent made an absolute meal of it and put us in that position, Rowles just stopped what was probably a sure goal

Just reading this discussion and it made me think about what a rollercoaster of a career Clark has had so far . Cup wins with St Johnstone . Free agent , Scotland caps , back up to Scotlands greatest ever keeper , Hearts main keeper , European games , possible Euros 

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Yip, and Rowles saved a certain goal at ER, he Hardy gave the PK away.

Back to unnecessarily slating Atkinson ……… plays really well and earns international caps , goes away with Australia , comes back and people are back to pretending he is not good enough again . Some people will just never take to some players no matter how well they play 

jock _turd

I think that today we will find out how we are progressing. We have had great results over the last couple of months and today we are coming up against a side that has been in a deep trough but is now on a bit of a roll or certainly on the up. It is nearly always a great game against them I hope we continue on our run . I hope we play well but a win is the aim regardless of how pleasing on the eye the boys get it.

Couple of decision which will be interesting. Atkinson or Dexter? Grant or Fraser. Kingsley or Rowles? Strong arguments for any combination of these options I would say. Shows how strong the squad is. 

Same shape a must for me so keep 4-3-3. If I was SN I’d keep the momentum and as close to the same team as possible. Tough on the Aussie lads but with how it’s went for Gordon so far this seems to be SN way of working? 

3-1 Hearts Shankland x2 and Forrest 

10 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

I don't think there is much doubt about this and he is nearly four years younger than Atkinson so has time to learn whcih is why he is oout on loan.

He is far from the finished article especially defensively but a much better prospect in my humble opinion.

21 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I think that today we will find out how we are progressing. We have had great results over the last couple of months and today we are coming up against a side that has been in a deep trough but is now on a bit of a roll or certainly on the up. It is nearly always a great game against them I hope we continue on our run . I hope we play well but a win is the aim regardless of how pleasing on the eye the boys get it.

Being generous saying they are on a bit of a roll.  

Two league wins since September. 

57 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

how far along Slateford Road are the roadworks now ? 

Edinburgh is just one big set of roadworks but sadly not to improve the roads it's all about cycle paths and Walking and Wheeling. So my advice is get a bike, pram or a good pair of walking boots.

9 hours ago, Voice of reason said:

If Lembikisa is a RB, I don't think he is, he needs to learn to defend and recover, something he is very poor at right now! I prefer Attie!

Is that thug Butcher still there ? My biggest worry about this game is that talentless clown injuring Shankland tbh

jock _turd
46 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

Being generous saying they are on a bit of a roll.  

Two league wins since September. 

Did you read what I posted? Deep trough and in the last three games an upturn and scoring some goals. It is just a comment on how the have done. They started the season well then plummeted maybe on the way back now?

jock _turd
12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is that thug Butcher still there ? My biggest worry about this game is that talentless clown injuring Shankland tbh

Shanks seems a robust sort and it would be rediculous to suggest that we go into every game assuming or worrying that he is going to get crocked by some hammer thrower... Souness finshed playing a long time back 😂

I watched their midweek match, have to say both defences, all over the place, goals aplenty today, I would say.....4-1 Hearts

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Shanks seems a robust sort and it would be rediculous to suggest that we go into every game assuming or worrying that he is going to get crocked by some hammer thrower... Souness finshed playing a long time back 😂

Butcher is a horrible player.