Steven Naismith ( merged )

No Idle Talk

Just now, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

Mate absolutely no one wanted Burley sacked after six games, I'm sure we were sitting top of the league! 😄

Well one person did. 

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FarmerTweedy

• kingantti1874

• jr ewing

• Jambo61

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We've won 14 games in the League this season last season we won 15 in the whole campaign. We barely won an away game in 2 seasons. Naismith has fostered a great team spirit and his signings in January were bang on for me. 

FarmerTweedy
5 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

It's a bit frustrating how we are lame in the first half but if he fixes that he is a bloody genius! 

It'd be boring if we were as good in the first half of games as we are in the second.  Results would be a foregone conclusion after about half an hour!  😃

I’m massively on the Naismith happy train.

Theres many attributes a good manager needs and not all of them are sticking the starting 11 on the pitch.

I always pay attention to managers interviews as much as what they say as well as how they say it, how they react to questions, I think it’s a mark of how they are with the players. Naismith is calm assured and clear.

Never hear buzz words from him, he doesn’t need to go into football speak to make himself appear like he knows what he’s on about, just says it like it is and I think that’s a reflection on the games we’re watching. Stick to a game plan and keep believing in what he’s telling them to do.

Are players improving, most definitely and do they all look like they know their jobs again definitely.

Can they change games and out think the manager in the opposite dug out well Naismith has done that to them all so far.

Can he take another managers team and work with it even if it’s not how they want to play, again Naismith has done this and now introducing his style as he gets players to understand what he wants.

Will the players fight for the manager and do they look like they’re enjoying the game again we’ve got that under Naismith.

Said it in another thread I feel like we’ve got JJ back! Seriously I’ve no idea why any Hearts fan wouldn’t be 100% behind Naismith.

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I like him.  He is certainly doing well.  Mind you, draw one game in a row and it will be "Naismith oot," from the panty wetter's who never approved of him in the first place.  Guaranteed!

FTFY!

24 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I Don’t think he’s very well liked by some at ibrox 

Nah they hate him along with every other set of fans😂

Bongo 1874

Talk about your Celtic,Talk about your Rangers,Naisy 3.16/1874 says he just Whipped Your Ass!!

Goldust Slaney? More Like Steve Austin Ohh Hell Yeah!!!

Gorgi1874

Kinda of feel Naisy should have went for Van Veen. Can't believe Killy nabbed him. With Boyce being injury prone, think he would have been a nice addition. (cash flow dictating of course)

Remember being next to the dug out in his 'B' team days where you hear every word. He was non stop 100mph. Kicking the ball in his head with every player. Shouting encouragement to the ones not up to speed. Annoying the referee. Looked like he had a total grasp of the game and respect of the players. If we went behind never seemed disappointed just kept focused on the job in hand passing verbal messages onto the team though the nearest player. Much like he was when he played was totally focused. He's definitely a quick thinking and has never give up attitude. That's got to be infectious. Like in his interview yesterday we go behind we don't  panic or change the style unnecessary, just concentrate on what we do best and to date its working  out. Probably why he got the job. 

Buzzbomb1874
3 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I think if you look back at the last 10 games you will find the common denominator for the first half performances is Beni.

One touch too many Beni 😂

3 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Just as well a football match is played over two halves then, eh?

Insightful!

Byyy The Light
2 hours ago, davie1980 said:

More reactionary stuff.

I was one of the most vocal defenders of Naismith. Not because I knew he's "the best manager since Burley" but because he's a young, inexperienced manager who needed tine, patience and backing to get through a challenging season and be judged over 38 games.

Same thing stands now, he's on a purple patch of 10 very good games, will that last?

I'd say almost certainly not. No non-OF team is maintaining 22 out of 24 points form, there's been too many close calls (Dundee x 2).

We'll take dips again and the knee jerkers will be flip flopping again.

Let's judge him over a season. As it stands he's doing better than expected, judging him over 24 games he's had a poor start, a great midseason and is in a great position overall. But lets look at it over 38, and as things stand it looks like he's on route to match Robbie's best seasons. If he can get us a cup, he's in the conversation for best in living memory.

But stop the knee jerk reactions because we're 2 or 3 bad results from the sacking threads being bumped by certain members.

Far too sensible. Good post 👍🏼

2 hours ago, Benny Klack said:

Yeah good point - why are our poor first half performances allowed? We should sack him immediately 😂

I think that not only is Naismith very tactically astute - he is also a born winner with very high standards / expectations. Both are filtering down to the players. 

So astute he repeats the same failings week after week. The minute the luck runs out you'll be back demanding change!

Section Q
5 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

He certainly has made me and a few others on here eat some very humble pie. 

I was probably one of his harshest critics on here and I am fully converted and on the Naisy train now.

Our away form under him has been absolutely superb and must be down to him and instilling a winning mentality in our players as every other manager we have had has been nowhere near as good away from home.

I jest here but if he can sort out our home form and make us just as good at Tynecastle then I seriously think that we could potentially get closer to the OF.

Delighted that he has proven all us doubters wrong 🙂

This from me.

Probably should be looking at his contract before the end of the season.

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

This is such a crap post. Standard complain about anything you can think of stuff. Insufferable.

In contrast, I think this is a much fairer and more balanced post.

Hahahaha.......the dopes dope!

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Guilty as charged and delighted I was completely wrong 

Fair play for holding your hands up.  In fairness, you had every right to be concerned earlier in the season, the thing you were wrong on regarding SN was really just making a judgement a bit too early. It's a reality of football, albeit a frustrating one, that when a club appoints a new manager, it does sometimes take quite a while for them to get the changes they're trying to make to start actually delivering results. There can be a number of reasons for this, from not having the right sort of players at their disposal, the players being too ingrained in the attitudes, mindsets and ways of working from the previous manager(s), to needing time to really find out which players are actually capable of doing what things well in games (or can learn to do certain things well), to the new manager simply not actually being very good! Looking at things now, there was probably at least some element of all those things, including of course, SN making some mistakes! 

It's doubly frustrating when you see other clubs change manager around the same time and get an instant lift in results. The obvious comparison in Naismith's early weeks and months was with the run Aberdeen went on last season under Barry Robson to snatch 3rd place, and it was easy to question how he could turn things around so quickly there but Naismith couldn't here. A few months later and nobody in their right mind would want to swap places with them!

We probably also shouldn't get too carried away with how well things are going right now though!  Davie1980 sounds a sensible note of caution when he says we probably won't keep these results going and that we should judge SN over a whole season. There probably is going to come a spell where we go 4 or 5 games without a win, and it'll be a big test of SN as to whether he can take the right actions to get us back to winning ways or not! 

For now though, we should all just be enjoying the ride while the wins keep coming, and if we're still going well 10 months from now, I'll be looking forward to you getting up at the next AGM and praising the board for having had the vision to appoint SN in the first place and for holding their nerve in the early weeks and months!  😉

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Herbert. said:

Nah they hate him along with every other set of fans😂

If he’d crawled back like McGregor and Davis did they would loved him again. 

RustyRightPeg
5 hours ago, Jambo61 said:

Getting ahead of ourselves as usual. We are Jekyll and Hyde, games of two halves.....why is that allowed every week? We have been lucky at times, but we will take that obviously! He needs to sort out our slow starts, he needs to sort out the midfield, he needs to get Lembikisa sorted out......I blame his wandering for the 2nd goal...he's good going forward but meanders back and exposed Sibbick who is getting the blame for marking 2 players! If he sorts that out and gets Forrest to grow a few inches, then he can be the new messiah!

Sunday is the day of rest. I include moaning in that. 

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Sunday is the day of rest. I include moaning in that. 

Yeah but your an irrational believer, just another day really!

Said all along with a bit of time he'll build a great team. 

Rome wasn't built in a day. He was picking up the mess that neilson left us in and people wanted instant results. 

Another summer with some new additions and strengthen the attacking midfield options and we will be some team. 

Can't argue with the form and to think that form is with us nowhere near top gear. 

He has turned me around completely . He is doing an amazing job . What an unbelievable run of form 

michaeljambo22

He’s found a system that works at the moment football might not be fantastic and he’s lucky to have shankland up top but he’s a new manager and I’m hoping he will grow with the team as time goes on and this could be the start of something special 

Gorgie_Rules

Things change quickly in football and whilst there is always a massive over reaction after 3 or 4 poor results on the trot, its important to not get too carried away when things are going well.

It’s very much looking like this will be a successful first full season for Naismith, but the only way Hearts will reach our potential as a club is consistently in league finishes, which it’s now looking like we’ll have for only the 2nd time in 64 years (3rd, 4th, 3rd).

Naisy has undoubtedly bought himself a large chunk of time to take us forward, but it’s imperative he gets the chance to turn around any down turn in form which will inevitably come at some point over the next few seasons.

As the first hint of things turning sour under Neilson he was gone, despite achieving every previous league target, cup finals and a good derby record. Hopefully Naismith is afforded a more long term approach to take us to the next level.

Lone Striker
3 hours ago, karipidis said:

Completely get the point regarding Shankland but it should also be pointed out that Shankland has raised his game even more this season. Some of his goals have been incredible and I think he will beat last seasons tally with a lot less penalties. Is it a coincidence that his game has improved since Naismith has come in? Naismith and team appear to be improving a number of players notably Forrest, Atkinson, Rowles. Also the likes of Vargas, Neuwenhoff appear to be getting better with time. 

Great post, and well observed regarding the improving performances from the players you mention.  All that, plus he's blooding 3 or 4 from the B team into the squad.       Listening to his interviews, it's clear that he pays attention to small details and explains them to the players - probably using his own experience as a player under JJ, Walter SMith & David Moyes.   

Delighted that he's our manager.

Armageddon
6 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

It's a bit frustrating how we are lame in the first half but if he fixes that he is a bloody genius! 

Does that matter?  Points on the board, even Pep’s and Fergie’s teams never flushed it for the full 90 minutes 😂😂😂

Hearts fans are a pain in the hoop with these expectations.

stevie1874
2 hours ago, Rocky jamboa said:

It's about time we had someone decent in charge. You could tell he had the attributes to be a good manager when he was a player. The way he talks is night and day from Neilson. 

I felt he was the right appointment from the start. I had some doubts a few weeks back when we went through a bit of a slump but he's turned it round.

Hope we keep him for a long time but can see bigger clubs showing an interest if we keep going the way we are. 

Totally agree, we will no doubt have another slump at some time but glad we have stuck with him. Defence is stable/sorted apart from goalkeeping position, midfield coming together with the addition of youth players being introduced and we’re scoring goals. When on our game we are good to watch. You only need to look across the city to see the Shitshow of revolving players & managers which hopefully continues. Naismith as others have said is overseeing a gradual improvement on the pitch while introducing our own young talent when they are ready for periods in a game and not just throwing them in to prove a point also seen over the city. 

davie1980
2 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

This is such a crap post. Standard complain about anything you can think of stuff. Insufferable.

In contrast, I think this is a much fairer and more balanced post.

I saw I had a response and clicked it and saw that first coupke sentences and was all ready for a rant.

🤣

Scott Monument

He is doing a good job and a quick learner will manage at a higher level in the future but we will enjoy his services for the time being 

Scott Monument

He is doing a good job and a quick learner will manage at a higher level in the future but we will enjoy his services for the time being 

Scott Monument

bobskeldon
4 hours ago, gar jambo said:

Yes Lembikisa is cavalier and gets caught out and this will have to be Addressed! I think we will be more settled when we have our strongest defence again I think this is part of the problem ! 

He could easily play where Oda isn’t! Not sure we signed a RB!

Nookie Bear
4 hours ago, gar jambo said:

Yes Lembikisa is cavalier and gets caught out and this will have to be Addressed! I think we will be more settled when we have our strongest defence again I think this is part of the problem ! 

Rather he was too cavalier than being told not to cross the halfway line. 

40 minutes ago, Bainy said:

Said all along with a bit of time he'll build a great team. 

Rome wasn't built in a day. He was picking up the mess that neilson left us in and people wanted instant results. 

Another summer with some new additions and strengthen the attacking midfield options and we will be some team. 

Can't argue with the form and to think that form is with us nowhere near top gear. 

was going to post pretty much the same. further improvements in the summer should hopefully help us with the starting slowly. its one of the most positive i've felt about the club in a while

I’ve no doubt he’s trying to come up with ways to break teams down in the first half when things are tight and competitive. I think the midfield still needs work for that to happen and he’ll know it.

But second half when the spaces open up, he knows exactly how we should exploit it. Obviously don’t want to always be behind in games but it’s very very effective and it’s no fluke

Bazzas right boot

We'll  get better as well next season. 

He's doing a great job and hopefully the " next level", " nae clue" and "flair" brigade on here continue to stay in the back seat even when we have a couple of poor results.

Earlier on we were in danger of turning a bad situation into a crisis but we look like a really effective team and with a couple of more quality signings in the summer could become a really good team.

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Does that matter?  Points on the board, even Pep’s and Fergie’s teams never flushed it for the full 90 minutes 😂😂😂

Hearts fans are a pain in the hoop with these expectations.

It matters a bit because we won't continue to come back every game and it will eventually cost us.

Naismith himself has said it's a concern and I'm sure he'd like us to start better and play better in the 1st half.

He'll be working on that.

1 hour ago, Jambo61 said:

Yeah but your an irrational believer, just another day really!

It surely becomes less irrational after every win no? There’s definitely things and individual players we can improve on but to not give him credit is just bloody mindedness for reasons only you will know. Jekyl and Hyde, Lucky, midfield, Lembikissa? Reading your original post on this the only nod that we have done some things right is the phrase ‘a game of two half’s’.

Accusing people of getting ahead of themselves then not even attempting to give a balanced view.

Heart of Darkness
53 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Great post, and well observed regarding the improving performances from the players you mention.  All that, plus he's blooding 3 or 4 from the B team into the squad.       Listening to his interviews, it's clear that he pays attention to small details and explains them to the players - probably using his own experience as a player under JJ, Walter SMith & David Moyes.   

Delighted that he's our manager.

Good point regarding the managers he has played under. 👌🏻

42 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It surely becomes less irrational after every win no? There’s definitely things and individual players we can improve on but to not give him credit is just bloody mindedness for reasons only you will know. Jekyl and Hyde, Lucky, midfield, Lembikissa? Reading your original post on this the only nod that we have done some things right is the phrase ‘a game of two half’s’.

Accusing people of getting ahead of themselves then not even attempting to give a balanced view.

Whatever joker. 

11 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Whatever joker. 

Good answer. The sort of thing someone would say after they made an arse of themselves and couldn’t think of a decent response. 

He's done wonders with Forrest for me. My main criticism with Forrest was his tendency to play with his head down so he's not really aware of what going on around him but now he's playing with his head up and you can see the difference. 

The team also have a steel and determination about them just now and don't seem to know when they're beaten.

Consistency is the key and we seem to have that winning habit, so well done!!!

16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Good answer. The sort of thing someone would say after they made an arse of themselves and couldn’t think of a decent response. 

Take the day off....try another village!

Aye Naisy could build something here so long as the Hearts board has ambition.  He's got us more consistent with a winning mentality. 

We've been far from perfect as well. We start games so poorly. If we start how we finish, we'll be blowing teams out the water. A lot of improvements to be made but we're moving in the right direction. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
8 hours ago, Delboyinoz said:

Correct and similar to back then some on JKB wanted him sacked after about 6 games!

He's getting experience on the job and learning all the time how to win games.

Only Vlad wanted him gone after 6 games. 

17 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Take the day off....try another village!

Are you suggesting you’re the only idiot allowed in this one. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Are you suggesting you’re the only idiot allowed in this one. 

Nah......I'm stating your the idiots choice of idiot!

2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

If he’d crawled back like McGregor and Davis did they would loved him again. 

I wonder if he still supports them?

I like Naismith, He's gonna be a top manager.

Just now, Jambo61 said:

Nah......I'm stating your the idiots choice of idiot!

Boo boo. Did the bad men disageee with you and you spat your dummy out. Aw diddums. 

rudi must stay
9 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

..... is the best manager Hearts have had since George Burley. 

There. I said it. 

Good manager no question he has instilled a winning mentality 

• davemclaren changed the title to Steven Naismith ( merged )