The table

GlasgoJambo

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Yeh just noticed that’s opened up in the last two games.

Dundee, for all the praise they get just keep losing. Killie and St Mirren look to have 5th and 6th in their own hands and a 5 way battle for 6th

Think Killie and St Mirren battling for 4th and 5th. Presume you were so busy laughing at Hibs result you mistyped.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GlasgoJambo

• Hansel

• Wee Mikey

• tiger Rudi

Fort Vallance

Aberdeen have been ridiculously bad. But they're only a point behind H1b5 with a game in hand.

Malinga the Swinga

**** me, did I just hear John Collins say Hibs deserve top six and have the quality to get there.

No wins in 7 and praising a defeat.

Now Montgomery moaning defeat out of their players control. No you stupid *****, your players kept diving in out of control and it was 2 deserved penalties.

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

**** me, did I just hear John Collins say Hibs deserve top six and have the quality to get there.

Now Montgomery moaning defeat out of their players control. No you stupid *****, your players kept diving in out of control and it was 2 deserved penalties.

I think this is the best case scenario from tonight, they come away with 0 points and the manager gets more time to make an arse of it

JimmyCant
15 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Think Killie and St Mirren battling for 4th and 5th. Presume you were so busy laughing at Hibs result you mistyped.

Aye 4th and 5th I meant right enough 

jamboinglasgow
22 minutes ago, jamdunc said:

Huge gap now between 5th and 6th. Killie and saints surely top 6.

To be fair, if Dundee win both of their games in hand they are 3 points behind 5th. But the gap between top six and bottom six is growing.

19 minutes ago, allystrachan said:

1 more win should secure top 6 & avoid potential relegation. C’mon Hearts! You can do it! 

By my reckoning we secured top 6 when we beat Aberdeen and got 42 points. Normally 40 points is enough to secure top 6.

We are also only 9 points off the points total Aberdeen got third place with last season.

GarryJ-o-s

Target with 13 games, 4 against OF, should be 6 wins, 2 draws and 5 defeats I think.

This would return 68 points. Would be behind only 74 in 05/06 in the 38 game era and equal the tally from 03/04.

97/98 we returned 67 points from only 36 games, which feels about equivalent to about 71 if there were two extra played.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, GarryJ-o-s said:

Target with 13 games, 4 against OF, should be 6 wins, 2 draws and 5 defeats I think.

This would return 68 points. Would be behind only 74 in 05/06 in the 38 game era and equal the tally from 03/04.

97/98 we returned 67 points from only 36 games, which feels about equivalent to about 71 if there were two extra played.

That's a bit light. Let's target 13 wins and if we end up with 10 and 3 draws, that will do 

15 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

That's a bit light. Let's target 13 wins and if we end up with 10 and 3 draws, that will do 

This. 

colinmorewasgash
42 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

SpongeBob_SquarePants_character.svg.png

2 minutes ago, number-16 said:

Just realised, that's us just matched our points total from all of last season now.

Comparisons with other seasons can be made at https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/heart-of-midlothian-fc/platzierungen/verein/43

That isn't counting points after the split (we got 6).

Still impressive that we've matched the pre-split total already.

1971fozzy
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

John Collins 🤣🤣🤣🤣.  Wonder why he failed as a manager ?  Worse than Willie miller and that’s something 

1971fozzy
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

To be fair, if Dundee win both of their games in hand they are 3 points behind 5th. But the gap between top six and bottom six is growing.

6th will be between hibs and Dundee. 2 despicable clubs but I’d say Dundee will get it and I hope so.  Hibs getting bottom 6 would be fabulous 

Section Q

Killie have

Celtic, away,

Aberdeen home,

Rangers home............... in their February fixtures 

While we have

Motherwell home,

Rangers away,

Hibs home.

I don't think the gap will be closing any time soon.

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, GarryJ-o-s said:

If (and this is a big if) we were to maintain our current win rate against non-Old firm teams, so say lose our games against Celtic and Rangers and win the other games prior to the split, then we would go into the split on 66 points. Not impossible, but very tough.

We are currently 9 points off the total of points we had at the split two seasons ago when we finished third (though Kilmarnock are 5 points off the total Dundee United who were in 4th that season had at the split so to get third place guaranteed by the split is going to be harder this year.)

Whilst we're doing fun things with the table. If we win our next three, and they lose (which are both entirely possible looking at respective fixture lists), we will be 31 points in front with only 27 to play for. So they couldn't catch us. And it won't even be March yet :rofl:

Whilst we're doing fun things with the table. If we win our next three, and they lose (which are both entirely possible looking at respective fixture lists), we will be 31 points in front with only 27 to play for. So they couldn't catch us. And it won't even be March yet :rofl:

And to top it off, that last game of three is them at Tynie :)

2 hours ago, jamdunc said:

Huge gap now between 5th and 6th. Killie and saints surely top 6.

Barring a disaster it looks that way.  Only 2 points separate 6th to 10th so a bit of a battle for the final top 6 spot. My money would be on Aberdeen as I think Warnock will get a much better tune out of that squad and he's proven so many how times how he can improve teams.

tiger Rudi
50 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

6th will be between hibs and Dundee. 2 despicable clubs but I’d say Dundee will get it and I hope so.  Hibs getting bottom 6 would be fabulous 

Not sure either of them will get it. Can't see St Mirren or Kilmarnock dropping out the top 6. Aberdeen will get in too, only a point behind Dundee as it stands. 

Arthur Morgan

We aren't getting enough credit this season. 

This is the form table for the last 15 games. Absolutely astonishing work by Naisy and the team. 

Screenshot_20240208_005657_Flashscore.jpg

Edited by Arthur Morgan

1 hour ago, Arthur Morgan said:

This is the form table for the last 15 games. Absolutely astonishing work by Naisy and the team. 

We've picked up more points than Hibs and Aberdeen combined in that period

gregzy2k7
4 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Collins is an absolute slaver, talks utter pish, yet still finds himself on the radio all these years later. 

Jobs for the boys on the radio in Scotland.

Arthur Morgan
6 minutes ago, RobNox said:

We've picked up more points than Hibs and Aberdeen combined in that period

Quite amazing really.

Our form is incredible.

And I still think we can get better.

Edited by DG_HMFC

Push the boat out in summer.

Retain shanks, add a bit more quality and let's push for the title. 

Long shot but the way celtic are playing we beat them at home and rangers beat them at ibrox if we keep that form going you never know.  Yes I am getting carried away. Few tricky games to navigate coming up but we've given ourselves such a big cushion we have some breathing room. 

I can't stop looking at the league table 😆 

The away wins in particular are very satisfying. The last few games I was expecting us to drop points but the never say die attitude is tremendous 👏 

Naismith and his team deserve enormous credit. 

DalryJambo
6 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

We aren't getting enough credit this season. 

Screenshot_20240208_005657_Flashscore.jpg

What app is that?

4 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Collins is an absolute slaver, talks utter pish, yet still finds himself on the radio all these years later. 

Jobs for the boys on the radio in Scotland.

I’m not certain but I’m pretty sure when talking to a Celtic fan last week on sportsound after there draw with the sheep he referred them as “we”? Feckin guys a clown

Jambo_Gaz
7 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Their huge fanbase buying match tickets will make up for any financial losses of bottom 6 of course. 

August Landmesser

Hopefully, St J beat Dundee on Sunday, Sheep & Motherwell draw in midweek, and that will put Hibs & Sheep down in 9 & 10...

tiger Rudi

Imagine if we were able to add a Hartley and a Colquhoun type? This squad would certainly be able to "close the gap". Would still like a rock of a player to come in at RB especially if a 4 is preferred and yes I know it's all pie in the sky, but in my view we are only 3 positions/players away from really challenging at the top of the table. 

10 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I watched 10 minutes after our game. One of their shite players, can't remember who, came onto a cross at the back post unmarked, has to score. Puts it right across goal and wide. Their shite, could and should have won the game there and then. **** them. 

Table with away games only

9 away wins. Same as ranger and 1 less than celtic

Screenshot_20240208_090758_FotMob.jpg

Edited by Hansel

Home form could be better. Only won half of our 12 home matches

Screenshot_20240208_091237_FotMob.jpg

Edited by Hansel

tiger Rudi
3 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Table with away wins only

9 away wins. Same as ranger and 1 less than celtic

Screenshot_20240208_090758_FotMob.jpg

Wow, just look at the gap to 4th 😱

1 minute ago, tiger Rudi said:

Wow, just look at the gap to 4th 😱

Incredible! Never thought I'd see the day that our away form was better than our home form

This is the moment we should have been experiencing 2-3 years ago.

Last season should have been the same.

This season here we are. Ignoring the OF we're absolutely dominating the league.

What we have to do now is get things right moving forward into the summer and next season. We have to get contracts sorted. We have to get our recruitment sorted. 

To quote hibs. We have the momentum right now and we have to use it. We have an opportunity here to leave everyone else behind and become the real 3rd force in Scottish football that guarantees European football every season and the money that comes with it.

This is a good time to be a Jambo. Let's not allow another opportunity to slip away.

Edited by Bauld

Bongo 1874
15 minutes ago, Bauld said:

This season here we are. Ignoring the OF we're absolutely dominating the league.

What we have to do now is get things right moving forward into the summer and next season. We have to get contracts sorted. We have to get our recruitment sorted. 

To quote hibs. We have the momentum right now and we have to use it. We have an opportunity here to leave everyone else behind and become the real 3rd force in Scottish football that guarantees European football every season and the money that comes with it.

This is a good time to be a Jambo. Let's not allow another opportunity to slip away.

👏.

tiger Rudi
28 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Couldn't agree more 👍

We_are_the_Hearts

Yip the difference is we now have a manager who is a winner and demands wins. No excuses

1 hour ago, EH11 2NL said:

I watched 10 minutes after our game. One of their shite players, can't remember who, came onto a cross at the back post unmarked, has to score. Puts it right across goal and wide. Their shite, could and should have won the game there and then. **** them. 

Aye - there is a whole thread on Lewis Miller. Long may he continue at Easter Road.