• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GlasgoJambo

• Hansel

• Wee Mikey

• tiger Rudi

GarryJ-o-s

Just said on the other thread, we are now as close to Rangers as we are to Killie in fourth

vegas-voss

That's some reading so even if Aberdeen miraculously win 3 games in hand they are still 10 off us.Wonder if he still thinks they will claw it back 🤣

Hearts007

great reading but the points we have chucked..it could have been so much better

Valois No1

It’s been fine lines with Hearts this season. A few results that we threw away big time and if we didn’t we would looking up the way and not behind us. It’s been a very good run for sure.

McNelly15

Table never lies. I genuinely think we have alot more to come. There's a couple of teams getting pumped soon. 

We have two Ozzys away to come back along with a couple injuries. 

There no question of how good Our squad is. It's by far greater than that below us. 

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS 

Cruickie's Moustache

An away win at Dundee would be a good one to kill them off given the 3 games they have in hand. 

After that we can only throw 3rd away.

McNelly15
Just now, VALDOS' said:

It's fair to say 3rd is done and dusted now

Cant think like that.. Look at last season. Naismith will for sure be saying its 3 points aye.. means nothing if we lose next week etc. I smell a cup  this year myself though 😍

Are we good?

Or is everybody else just more shite than us?

Ah, that eternal question...... :gocompare:

27 minutes ago, GlasgoJambo said:

Makes for pretty reading.

Well done SN and the squad.

IMG_5375.jpeg

:verysmug:

Don’t even have to touch wood. There is absolutely no way we lose 3rd from here. Hope everyone likes EasyJet

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Absolutely.

AC Mallin_51

As close to 2nd as 4th. If we didn’t get off to such a shaky start the chase really could’ve been on. I’m really starting to believe in this team and Naismith. I think we’re far from the finished article. Naismith is a winner and he’s making these players winners. At so many times over this run we’ve been far from our best yet we’re still finding a way to win. When was the last time we took 19 from 21 points? Absolutely incredible stuff keep it up 

Wee Mikey

Two (maybe more) early season games were nightmares for us. Plus capitulating at Ibrox.

We can only look forward and look to secure 3rd.

The next upcoming fixtures?

Let's focus on our own game and let the trailing teams battle it out.

All of our matches are important ... not 'must wins' by usual standards, but big games as regards securing 3rd.

A win away v Dundee and all will be well.

6 minutes ago, Cade said:

Are we good?

I wouldn't say this is a great Hearts team, it's an efficient one with some very good individuals. I do think the whole Premiership has dropped a level in recent years.

Hibs and Aberdeen are both horrendously poor sides given they're budget.

The games we chucked away are even more painful now but what a great position to be in.

If we had held on in Ibrox, it would be 7 points off 2nd. If we keep Shanks next season, and improve, next season will be exciting.

1 minute ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

As close to 2nd as 4th. If we didn’t get off to such a shaky start the chase really could’ve been on. I’m really starting to believe in this team and Naismith. I think we’re far from the finished article. Naismith is a winner and he’s making these players winners. At so many times over this run we’ve been far from our best yet we’re still finding a way to win. When was the last time we took 19 from 21 points? Absolutely incredible stuff keep it up 

86 maybe?😀

AC Mallin_51
Just now, gator said:

86 maybe?😀

Thankfully don’t think it’s been as long as that 😂 only one that springs to mind was the run under JJ in 10/11

Bunny Munro
4 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

The games we chucked away are even more painful now but what a great position to be in.

If we had held on in Ibrox, it would be 7 points off 2nd. If we keep Shanks next season, and improve, next season will be exciting.

4 points surely. They'd have 3 less and we'd have 3 more.

The annoying thing about it for me is knowing that it could be better than it was, but for a few split second decisions and poor performances.

We were a baw hair (more like a shirt's width) away from taking 3 points at Ibrox, which would have seen us just 4 points behind The Rangers Tribute Act  (Them -3 on 49, us +3 on 45). 

Combine that with the 2 points dropped against Hibs, and abysmal performances at the end of August/start of September where we lost to Dundee, Motherwell, and St Mirren.  

We could very well have been sitting pretty in 2nd place.

Hearts007
8 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

It's only going to get wider.

just like jane parks nanny i supose 🤣

pettigrewsstylist
3 minutes ago, tian447 said:

The annoying thing about it for me is knowing that it could be better than it was, but for a few split second decisions and poor performances.

We were a baw hair (more like a shirt's width) away from taking 3 points at Ibrox, which would have seen us just 4 points behind The Rangers Tribute Act  (Them -3 on 49, us +3 on 45). 

Combine that with the 2 points dropped against Hibs, and abysmal performances at the end of August/start of September where we lost to Dundee, Motherwell, and St Mirren.  

The draw at home to Killie also.

After some of the 'Naismith has to go' and 'Savage/recruitment is pish' in recent months this is pleasing to see. We've really picked up and we've got some fight in us.

Had we not started this season so badly Rangers would be worrying currently.

14 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

4 points surely. They'd have 3 less and we'd have 3 more.

Lol of course! I am losing my mind.

7 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Which makes next season very exciting if we can continue this.

Wee Mikey
7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

👍

I'm struggling , but this 'un will do for now ...

Australis

It's looking very good.

Wish we could start the games a bit better.

Think the gap will get bigger as the season goes on, great to see.

This is why we need to keep Shanks, Beni, Cochrane etc... we're closer to the old firm. Add someone that can play along Shanks and we're winning trophies. 

Ppg 69 tracking at 69 points just now. Form wont maintain at this rate you wouldn't think. But shows its been a good season so far. 60 points will skoosh 3rd with spare in the bank.

Steven and the lads can look at that table with pride, then they should say, ‘let’s ramp this up’ and hunt down the orcs.

50 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

That's the frustrating part. We could really be up close and personal to 2nd spot if we hadn't dropped so many points, especially at Tynecastle

Mikey1874

After 23 games last season we had 39 points, 7 points ahead of 4th Livingston who had game in hand. 10 points ahead of Aberdeen.

Hearts007
1 minute ago, DG_HMFC said:

That's the frustrating part. We could really be up close and personal to 2nd spot if we hadn't dropped so many points, especially at Tynecastle

sure is

44 minutes ago, Cade said:

Are we good?

Na we are shite.just so happens they are worse.todays first half  eye bleeding stuff.marginally better second.

55 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Fans of every team will think the same. But for us it’s genuine bawhairs away from being in the title race unbelievably. 

A 90th minute Peter Haring tug at Ibrox 

A mad 90 seconds in the home derby

A shocking VAR call in the County game 

We’d be joint 2nd.

Aberdeen's next 3 fixtures

Dundee (H)

Celtic (H)

Rangers (A)

Enjoy ya sheep botherers.

😁

Daveandal
4 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Aberdeen's next 3 fixtures

Dundee (H)

Celtic (H)

Rangers (A)

Enjoy ya sheep botherers.

😁

Anything but a win against Dundee and I think Robson is gone.

Ironically, IMO, a few poor results at home, very unlike us, has cost us. Kilmarnock, Motherwell and Ross County. 2 points from 9.

August Landmesser
20 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Ppg 69 tracking at 69 points just now. Form wont maintain at this rate you wouldn't think. But shows its been a good season so far. 60 points will skoosh 3rd with spare in the bank.

Nice 

hughesie27
1 hour ago, Hearts007 said:

Cheer up.