• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GlasgoJambo

• Hansel

• Wee Mikey

• tiger Rudi

I P Knightley
59 minutes ago, Cruickie's Moustache said:

An away win at Dundee would be a good one to kill them off given the 3 games they have in hand. 

After that we can only throw 3rd away.

Not sure I want to see Dundee killed off. Sure, they need to be pumped by the JTs but they're in a good position to put H1b5 into the bottom six.

46 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

4 points surely. They'd have 3 less and we'd have 3 more.

Ibrox & home derby we’d be one behind them, as annoying as that is it shows how far we’ve come that we’re kicking ourselves for not being in a title race, that was unthinkable at the start of the season

18 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Aberdeen's next 3 fixtures

Dundee (H)

Celtic (H)

Rangers (A)

Enjoy ya sheep botherers.

😁

I predict 3 defeats.

Lessons learned from last season - no let up this time and get 3rd nailed before the split!

53 minutes ago, tian447 said:

The annoying thing about it for me is knowing that it could be better than it was, but for a few split second decisions and poor performances.

We were a baw hair (more like a shirt's width) away from taking 3 points at Ibrox, which would have seen us just 4 points behind The Rangers Tribute Act  (Them -3 on 49, us +3 on 45). 

Combine that with the 2 points dropped against Hibs, and abysmal performances at the end of August/start of September where we lost to Dundee, Motherwell, and St Mirren.  

We could very well have been sitting pretty in 2nd place.

The games we lost at home near the start of the season still severely piss me off!

1 hour ago, Hearts007 said:

great reading but the points we have chucked..it could have been so much better

Whilst this is completely true, there’s an argument that Naismith had a learning period at the start and has then gone on to put a lot of things right. 

unless you mean more recently, eg Ross C and Hibs draws, etc. in which case, totally. 

JamboJoker98

Hearts Standard tweet saying only twice since 2000 have we had higher points at the same stage, and considering points thrown away v Hibs and Rangers. Not always pretty but Naismith is doing something right. Forget about Aberdeen now, Kilmarnock closest for me

Well done lads

GlasgoJambo

Not sure I buy this “what could have been” chat* - today’s game alone we got the benefit with a soft VAR and got a soft pen.

What I mean is we’re probably where we should be.

Which is a pretty great position.

*Hibs smarts more than The Rangers

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, VALDOS' said:

It's fair to say 3rd is done and dusted now

I wouldn't be saying that just yet after last season! I don't expect a collapse like last season from us, and I also don't expect anyone else to go on a run quite like the mutton molesters did last season, but I'm taking nothing for granted yet!

thegreatsd

Makes for good reading. We were close to Sevco in the last two league games we played them and if we had won both of them we would be in second. Thats not a criticism but shows that with a wee bit more luck and continuing to improve we can make a bit more of an argument with those two above us. Keep up the good work Hearts. 👍🇱🇻

1 hour ago, boag1874 said:

Ibrox & home derby we’d be one behind them, as annoying as that is it shows how far we’ve come that we’re kicking ourselves for not being in a title race, that was unthinkable at the start of the season

I’d rather we looked up than down, so let’s keep this run going.

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, RS86 said:

After some of the 'Naismith has to go' and 'Savage/recruitment is pish' in recent months this is pleasing to see. We've really picked up and we've got some fight in us.

Had we not started this season so badly Rangers would be worrying currently.

Recent months?  Some folk have been at it in recent days! 

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Ppg 69 tracking at 69 points just now. Form wont maintain at this rate you wouldn't think. But shows its been a good season so far. 60 points will skoosh 3rd with spare in the bank.

You're probably right that we won't keep up our current rate (19 from 21, or going back a bit further, 31 from 39), especially after the split, but our current ppg also includes 11 from our first 10 games, so if we did maintain recent form, we'd actually get to somewhere around 80!  I reckon we actually will end up somewhere round about the 69 mark.

21 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Recent months?  Some folk have been at it in recent days! 

I've probs got half of them on ignore by this stage 😅

Section Q
4 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

That's some reading so even if Aberdeen miraculously win 3 games in hand they are still 10 off us.Wonder if he still thinks they will claw it back 🤣

I think Dundee will take something from them.

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

I predict 3 defeats.

I actually hope they get two or three draws, maybe even a win, from those games. Keep losing and Robson will surely be binned soon. Get two or three (relatively) good results from these games and I could see Robson buying himself the rest of the season, and hopefully screwing up the start of next season for them too, before they give him the bullet!

I think we’re at the point now where we can feel quite comfortable going into games. When the old firm go a goal down you sort of assume that they’ll bring it back. We’re starting to carry a similar air of probability imo

2 hours ago, GlasgoJambo said:

Not sure I buy this “what could have been” chat* - today’s game alone we got the benefit with a soft VAR and got a soft pen.

What I mean is we’re probably where we should be.

Which is a pretty great position.

*Hibs smarts more than The Rangers

Not soft

Correct decisions by the letter of the law. 

Jack Torrance
3 hours ago, Cruickie's Moustache said:

An away win at Dundee would be a good one to kill them off given the 3 games they have in hand. 

After that we can only throw 3rd away.

I reckon Dundee are our biggest threat now. They've hit a bit of form and played OK against us recently. The next game against them is important in putting their challenge to bed.

vegas-voss
16 minutes ago, Section Q said:

I think Dundee will take something from them.

I think Dundee will beat them

I reckon 6 more wins guarantees 3rd spot. That's not taking into account noone else looks like going on a strong run like Aberdeen last season. Can't be complacent tho. Hopefully lessons learned from last season..

One of the only positives of last season is that we learned a big lesson not to get lazy. In all probability the teams beneath us will not put together the run required to challenge us. But it's up to us not to get complacent and give them any encouragement.

jamboinglasgow

In our last 13 league games against non-old firm teams, we have only dropped points in 3 of them (drawing two and losing 1.) So on other words we have won our last 10 out of 13 games against non-old firm league games. That is what is making a massive difference. Beat the teams around you and you will get away from them. 

I am not going to say third is wrapped up as last season burnt us badly, February in recent seasons has been a bad month for us so we need to take our form into then. But the fact after a poor start to the season we are building up steam which seems to have a strong foundation that backs it up is really pleasing.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
4 hours ago, GarryJ-o-s said:

Just said on the other thread, we are now as close to Rangers as we are to Killie in fourth

We're closer to Celtic on points than Hibs are to us (they have a game in hand, though, but still...).

Horatio Caine
4 hours ago, Hearts007 said:

great reading but the points we have chucked..it could have been so much better

Aye aye...and if yer auntie had baws..etc etc

Let's focus on the positives man.

3 hours ago, stotty said:

The games we lost at home near the start of the season still severely piss me off!

And the semi-final 

Hearts1975
4 hours ago, VALDOS' said:

It's fair to say 3rd is done and dusted now

It's never done and dusted, until it's done and dusted. Not having this again. One game at a time only. 

Great position to be in but complacency is still, and would be our biggest enemy. 

maltese jambo
4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

This is why we need to keep Shanks, Beni, Cochrane etc... we're closer to the old firm. Add someone that can play along Shanks and we're winning trophies. 

Vessel from Killie?

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
4 hours ago, R08813 said:

Don’t even have to touch wood. There is absolutely no way we lose 3rd from here. Hope everyone likes EasyJet

Calm down son. 

This is blatantly a troll post but even if it isn't, theres a fu**load more games left to play. 

So you can touch your wood if you want, there's zero room for complacency here. 

The season is absolutely not done yet and nobody's booking easyjet flights. 

2 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Calm down son. 

This is blatantly a troll post but even if it isn't, theres a fu**load more games left to play. 

So you can touch your wood if you want, there's zero room for complacency here. 

The season is absolutely not done yet and nobody's booking easyjet flights. 

Take a breath mate, obviously tongue in cheek! Nonetheless, think it would take a pretty dramatic collapse to give it up from where we are now. 

Benny Klack
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

I think Dundee will beat them

If Dundee beat them and they get humped by both sides of the OF, Robson will get his jotters.

Which will be pleasant 😀

colinmaroon
8 hours ago, GlasgoJambo said:

Makes for pretty reading.

Well done SN and the squad.

IMG_5375.jpeg

If we'd got two breaks we would be only 4 points behind Rangers.  That would be fun.  Red cards every week, offside in our own half, goals disallowed because they were too good.

Edited by colinmaroon

Tommy Brown

Was thinking posting this during the week.

As we have now played each team twice *excludes yesterday.

Celtic L W
Rangers L L
Kilmarnock  D W
St Mirren L W
Hibs D W
Dundee L W
Aberdeen W L
Motherwell L W
St Johnstone W W
Ross Co W D
Livingston W W

I tend to look at non Uglies matches. This has us as a very healthy 11 wins 3 draws 4 losses. 

Go for it 1308
14 hours ago, Australis said:

Looking good.

The sheep miles behind and hibs, just being hibs. 🙂

Hibs are like a little pet....its great to have them. They make you smile 🙂

Go for it 1308
13 hours ago, Kev1998 said:

Na we are shite.just so happens they are worse.todays first half  eye bleeding stuff.marginally better 

That's the spirit 🙄

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Got to keep going, and extend our run.  The confidence and winning mentality that is developing will take us far.

Next 3 games (Dundee and St J away, Motherwell at home) should be another 9 points.

Getting 3rd tied up as quickly as possible will also give us the opportunity to give the youngsters more minutes on the park.

schillaci
13 hours ago, JamboJoker98 said:

Hearts Standard tweet saying only twice since 2000 have we had higher points at the same stage, and considering points thrown away v Hibs and Rangers. Not always pretty but Naismith is doing something right. Forget about Aberdeen now, Kilmarnock closest for me

Well done lads

Yep. That win at the start of December at Rugby Park was quite significant. Away wins are what secure strong league positions.IMHO.

Huge gap now between 5th and 6th. Killie and saints surely top 6.

GlasgoJambo
3 minutes ago, Australis said:

22 points ahead of the scummy wee team filth.

we’re only 4 places above them but

allystrachan

1 more win should secure top 6 & avoid potential relegation. C’mon Hearts! You can do it! 

JimmyCant
3 minutes ago, jamdunc said:

Huge gap now between 5th and 6th. Killie and saints surely top 6.

Yeh just noticed that’s opened up in the last two games.

Dundee, for all the praise they get just keep losing. Killie and St Mirren look to have 5th and 6th in their own hands and a 5 way battle for 6th