The table

GlasgoJambo

GlasgoJambo
1 hour ago, EH11 2NL said:

I watched 10 minutes after our game. One of their shite players, can't remember who, came onto a cross at the back post unmarked, has to score. Puts it right across goal and wide. Their shite, could and should have won the game there and then. **** them. 

Lewis Miller.

Also responsible for Australia’s exit from the Asian Cup after coming on for Natty in their game against S Korea and conceding a pen and a free kick.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GlasgoJambo

• Hansel

• Wee Mikey

• tiger Rudi

Tommy Brown

I can't count how many points we are ahead of them now. The number is too big.:lol:

Can someone post it for me

8 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Top 6 confirmed now?  Looks like it 😁😁😁

We've already won more games than we did the whole of last season. Although 3 point worse off. 

14 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Probably 10 more points will get 3rd.  Hopefully get them pre-split and get the slippers out.

10 points more will equal our 2021/2022 points total. 

Wee Mikey

Yet again only 3 points shy of Aberdeen's & h1b5' points haul combined, and now 4 more wins than both of them have mustered.

When we stop falling apart?

🤣🤣🤣

The Goalscoring Knee
34 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Top 6 confirmed now?  Looks like it 😁😁😁

One more point seals it for sure

The Goalscoring Knee

Six wins and a draw from our last 12 and we hit the 70-point mark. Whoulda thunk that back in the early autumn gloom?

Arthur Morgan

If we had started the season better! You can't help but think what could have been this season.

GlasgoJambo
13 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

W6 D9 L10 F 31 A 41 -10  Aberdeen

W6 D9 L10 F 31 A 41 -10 Hibs

:clyay:

tallest dwarf contest between the two of them. 

On 17/02/2024 at 18:24, Arthur Morgan said:

If we had started the season better! You can't help but think what could have been this season.

Quite literally we'd be top of the league and clear.

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHA 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

IMG_3384.jpeg

Third biggest club in Scotland apparently 

Thunder and Lightning

Can we bin the what if we hadn't dropped points chat. 

If we are allowed to revise things then other teams could claim the same. 

We are where we are. And it's a very good place to be. 

Ricardo Quaresma
26 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

It was only ever going to go the way it has, at best

Some people are indeed forgetting the European constraints and injuries, late recruitment and other issues including fitness

All these had to be straightened out to get the current level of fluidity established

Thunder and Lightning
47 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

It was only ever going to go the way it has, at best

Some people are indeed forgetting the European constraints and injuries, late recruitment and other issues including fitness

All these had to be straightened out to get the current level of fluidity established

Well put, everything that has happened has put us here. And what a place to be. 

8 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Re. thinking back to points lost, I don’t count the games we we’re genuinely shite in. Dundee, St Mirren, Motherwell etc because as you say every team could say the same but the games we should’ve took more points. 

Rangers 2-1. Moment of madness from Pete but should’ve been a freekick seconds before and the officials were desperate to find something for a Rangers. We’ve already seen instances where no other team get that decision. (Shankland with the strip almost tore off at Livi) 

County 2-2. Denied a stonewall penalty which was recently confirmed. 

Hibs 2-2. The most dominant derby in many a year. Would’ve been 3 or 4 but for Toby Sibbick. 

There’s 7 more points that we 100% should have right now (10 points on Rangers. We should be right in the title race. 

On 17/02/2024 at 18:22, The Goalscoring Knee said:

Six wins and a draw from our last 12 and we hit the 70-point mark. Whoulda thunk that back in the early autumn gloom?

Incredible, isn't it?

68 points would be the best non old firm total since 2018/19. (Before that, sevco were still working their way back to the top two, so not a fair comparison).

That would be a great achievement. 

Ex member of the SaS
3 hours ago, DS98 said:

Re. thinking back to points lost, I don’t count the games we we’re genuinely shite in. Dundee, St Mirren, Motherwell etc because as you say every team could say the same but the games we should’ve took more points. 

Rangers 2-1. Moment of madness from Pete but should’ve been a freekick seconds before and the officials were desperate to find something for a Rangers. We’ve already seen instances where no other team get that decision. (Shankland with the strip almost tore off at Livi) 

Hibs 2-2. The most dominant derby in many a year. Would’ve been 3 or 4 but for Toby Sibbick. 

There’s 7 more points that we 100% should have right now (10 points on Rangers. We should be right in the title race. 

You blame Sibbick, I blame SN for the stupid subs. Thankfully he has got that sorted of late and hopefully doesn't do it again.

Daveandal
4 hours ago, DS98 said:

The home game against Motherwell could easily have been 0-0. It was an awful game. We were terrible but did Motherwell do enough to deserve the win? I'm not sure.

Agree with the rest 100%

15 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHA 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

IMG_3384.jpeg

Tried to force a rivalry with Celtic, never got close to challenging them

So they moved down a place & started with Rangers, fell miles behind after a couple of seasons

So they tried to start one with us over who the 3rd best was when we were at our lowest, worked for a time but that's twice in 3 seasons now they've finished absolutely miles off us

Glad they've found their level

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

You blame Sibbick, I blame SN for the stupid subs. Thankfully he has got that sorted of late and hopefully doesn't do it again.

Remind me of the “stupid subs”? If you’re referring to Lowry he was blowing out his arse after an hour!

13 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Well said! 👍

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Remind me of the “stupid subs”? If you’re referring to Lowry he was blowing out his arse after an hour!

At the time every one agreed he made the wrong subs at the wrong time. The whole dynamic of the game changed with the subs. Thankfully has not done so again and hopefully won't in future. Things are going too well to slip up now.

4 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

In a derby where we’ve been so far on top but find ourselves under the cosh for the first time. A weak hopeful ball gets played in which should be dealt with so so easily. But Sibbick try’s a wee nonesense back heel flick with his wrong foot and lays it off on a tee to Youan. It wasn’t even a 1/2 chance and Sibbick and only Sibbick turned it into a certain goal for them. So aye I blame Sibbick for that. 

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, DS98 said:

In a derby where we’ve been so far on top but find ourselves under the cosh for the first time. A weak hopeful ball gets played in which should be dealt with so so easily. But Sibbick try’s a wee nonesense back heel flick with his wrong foot and lays it off on a tee to Youan. It wasn’t even a 1/2 chance and Sibbick and only Sibbick turned it into a certain goal for them. So aye I blame Sibbick for that. 

Not saying Sibbick was NOT to blame for the goals, but he should never have been on the park in the first place. Plus that was not the only reason for the collapse, strolling before subs were made and struggled after. Therefore subs to blame. ( IMHO ) 

3 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

At the time every one agreed he made the wrong subs at the wrong time. The whole dynamic of the game changed with the subs. Thankfully has not done so again and hopefully won't in future. Things are going too well to slip up now.

I didn’t agree. I thought his subs were spot on but two minutes of madness from our defence cost us the win. The anti-Naismith brigade couldn’t wait to jump in and set him up as the fall guy!

GlasgoJambo

Fixtures before the split for us, Killie and Midden

Us

Celtic H

Ross County A

Killie H

St Mirren A

Livi H

Kilmarnock

Dundee A

St Mirren H

Hearts A

Ross County H

St Johnstone A

St Mirren

Aberdeen H

Killie A

Motherwell A

Hearts H

Celtic A

Tommy Brown
5 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Can we blow another 12 point advantage?

Some are obviously "once bitten, twice  shy" 🥺

AlimOzturk
6 hours ago, GlasgoJambo said:

Fixtures before the split for us, Killie and Midden

Us

Celtic H

Ross County A

Killie H

St Mirren A

Livi H

Kilmarnock

Dundee A

St Mirren H

Hearts A

Ross County H

St Johnstone A

St Mirren

Aberdeen H

Killie A

Motherwell A

Hearts H

Celtic A

We need at least 10 points from those fixtures. Which is what I think we will get. 

Do that..third is ours. 

PapaShango

I've seen a few people worried we will blow the lead again, I don't see any similarities with last season at all. We lost it because we went on a honking run but Aberdeen put together an unbelievable run of form. None of the chasing teams have that in them IMO and will all take points from each other. I'm not even remotely worried about St Mirren, Killie will perhaps be the one to watch but they will drop points between now and the split. I reckon another 3 or 4 wins and its done, especially if one of those is the Killie home game. 

As for Aberdeen, would love to see them dragged into the play offs! 

GlasgoJambo

What a difference a day makes - and it all it takes is 2-0 victory over the Tims 😀

Our closest competitors face off in their next league games as Killie at home to Midden

IMG_5561.jpeg

Bazzas right boot

5 wins for 70 points- be a fantastic return.

AndrewB
3 minutes ago, GlasgoJambo said:

What a difference a day makes - and it all it takes is 2-0 victory over the Tims 😀

Our closest competitors face off in their next league games as Killie at home to Midden

IMG_5561.jpeg

Is it true that 57 points got 3rd last year?

Actually just looked it up and it was indeed.  The season before we were third on 61.

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

Is it true that 57 points got 3rd last year?

Actually just looked it up and it was indeed.  The season before we were third on 61.

Yup. We have also just overtaken our points total for last season with 9 games to go.

You have to think 2 more wins will easily be enough (would require St Mirren to get 20 points from a possible of 27 just to beat that and Kilmarnock requiring 21 points from 27.)

Edited by jamboinglasgow

• 1 month later...
GlasgoJambo

Updated table and last remaining fixtures before the split. 
We’ve got the easier game next week than Killie but their game a tough one to call after today.

Fir Park could be tense next week. 

IMG_5720.thumb.jpeg.702fe6b1c62e1707d5b9d57bd9e8bdea.jpeg

IMG_5721.thumb.jpeg.b0be0d2715d1312c2941ea5f229ed762.jpeg

Diadora Van Basten

Would imagine Hibs have less than 50% chance of making top 6.

tiger Rudi

Assuming Rangers beat Dundee then it's anybodies guess what's going to happen next Saturday. 

Dundee away to Aberdeen. 

Motherwell at home to Hibs. 

I think Motherwell will beat Hibs, but could Dundee scrape a draw at Pittodrie? 

Hope Motherwell do it. They have the momentum........ as they say. 😁

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, tiger Rudi said:

Assuming Rangers beat Dundee then it's anybodies guess what's going to happen next Saturday. 

Dundee away to Aberdeen. 

Motherwell at home to Hibs. 

I think Motherwell will beat Hibs, but could Dundee scrape a draw at Pittodrie? 

Hope Motherwell do it. They have the momentum........ as they say. 😁

It does make it interesting. Hibs could only require a draw if Dundee are beat (and Rangers win against them midweek.) But the fact that Motherwell could get top six with a win just shows how up in the air it is.