Citizen Army

OBE

henrysmithsgloves

This is a tad controversial posting this up,but in amongst the ramblings,there is a bare thread of truth😳

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• The Real Maroonblood

• Dawnrazor

• highlandjambo3

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, Negan said:

Mind boggling the views on the armed forces from some people on here. Clearly have absolutely no clue what they are talking about as they haven't served themselves. 

Some have,and decades later are still living with the horrors witnessed decades on.

8 hours ago, clerrieyabass said:

Good luck trying to get the youth of today to fight - they were petrified of a cold and volunteered to be under house arrest cos they were too scared to leave their house as they wore absolute useless masks indoors.

Least tik tok would have direct access of the front line 

You've got that the wrong way around. Whole world stopped due to the wet blanket boomer generation.

1 hour ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Some have,and decades later are still living with the horrors witnessed decad

If you do national service you arent going to war. 

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Negan said:

Would you get that in writing?

Nookie Bear
16 hours ago, Negan said:

I am of fighting age and have served in the Armed Forces for a number of years. 

Appreciate the response 👍

highlandjambo3
22 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Appreciate the response 👍

I’m beyond fighting age but, keen enough to hud the jackets and cheer from the pavement 😁

Nookie Bear

Conscription for WW1 humiliated the country by exposing the malnourishment it's young people endured.

Conscription now would show up the obesity and health crisis our nation has.

John Gentleman

Who needs enemies when you've got General Sir Patrick Nicholas Yardley Monrad Sanders?

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Lads on National Service fought on the front lines in the Malayan Emergency, the Cyprus Emergency, in Kenya against the Mau Mau, in the Korean war and the Suez Crisis.

395 of these lads never came home.

And anyways, the Civil Contingencies act of 2004 specifically prevents a UK government from using emergency powers to force conscription.

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Would you get that in writing?

Well yes because you haven't signed up to serve in the military. You are doing essentially phase 1 training. You dont send a man untrained in his branch to war. 

52 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Conscription for WW1 humiliated the country by exposing the malnourishment it's young people endured.

10 minutes ago, Negan said:

Well yes because you haven't signed up to serve in the military. You are doing essentially phase 1 training. You dont send a man untrained in his branch to war. 

It would be interesting to see what percentage of the age eligible population could actually pass the phase 1 fitness criteria.

Thunder and Lightning
15 hours ago, Cade said:

If being the armed forces is so good for your moral character how come so many ex-servicepeople are on the streets, have serious mental health problems or end up as hardened criminals?

Probably because they take from a broad spectrum of society, some sadly are more pre disposed to such conditions.  I don't see how we can simply blame this on the armed forces.

Are there stats for those that served in the forces and went on to become hardened criminals?

Thunder and Lightning
12 hours ago, Shanks said:

We’ve evolved a bit further now that we wont all collectively die on behalf of our rich overlords now.  

Hilarious to think people these days would ‘defend’ the UK from an invasion :rofl:

You wouldn't be defending the UK, you would be defending your family.

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, Negan said:

Peace keeping duties? Like Bosnia?

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

A snipers wet dream 😄

4 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

National service is just the militarisation phase of training. Learning the basics. I know what you're doing so im not going to rise to it. 

15 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It would be interesting to see what percentage of the age eligible population could actually pass the phase 1 fitness criteria.

Obesity plays a massive factor. Our country is a disgrace

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yeah they’re all fat 🤦🏽
https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn07096/#:~:text=Absolute low income is likely,same rate as 2019%2F20.

Lone Striker
10 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

People are just tired if it and know it will never stop until he's stopped. The MAGA grunts are simply that, grunts who just like Trump couldn't form a coherent sentence far less an argument. Ask them about Trumps policies and they can say nothing, though to be fair Trump has no policies. All he ever talks about is Trump.

But even then it's witless stuff parroted from Fox and we know how dimwitted their rambling is, simply designed to feed the grunts.

But outside these base grunts even average Republican voters are beginning to abandon tribalism in this case because they can see how chronically unfit he is. You don't need to be a genius to see how woefully inadequate Trump is as just a normally functioning human being far less a leader of anything but grunts. All you have to be is a tad above grunt level.

I see nothing to suggest anything but a Biden landslide which will become ever more evident as this year progresses and Trump goes into court on felony charged then is convicted. Plus I would still contend Trump will completely break down as the pressure builds, he's always been a thin skinned mental weakling and is now a mental weakling cognitively declining almost daily.

Don't be fooled by the mania of grunts who are so gruntish they go to his dumb rallies and cheer every witless blurt. They're not the wider electorate.

I hope you're right, but we have a recent example for how a large chunk of the electorate  can be fooled into voting for a totally unfit buffoon to lead the country. 

th?id=OIP.KnHXuCFPAB204B4igtguoQHaIj&pid=Api&P=0&h=180

henrysmithsgloves
9 minutes ago, Negan said:

National service is just the militarisation phase of training. Learning the basics. I know what you're doing so im not going to rise to it. 

https://www.nam.ac.uk/explore/what-was-national-service

Like this? My dad warned me about " national service" he'd done it. It didn't stop me taking the queens shilling and became a regular. I made sure my kids didn't.

John Findlay

I'm a father of Three, a daughter soon to be 38, oldest son soon to be 34, my youngest son soon to be 16 later in the year.

My daughter is the head of the English department at a Secondary school in Bordon South East Hampshire.

My eldest son is an actor/musician.

He is currently in Instanbul filming a film with Remi Malek. This will be his Third film with him, the others being Bohemian Rhapsody and No Time To Die.

My youngest son has just finished his Premlims and does his Nats5? later this year. His intention is to then stay on and do his highest. Unlike his older siblings doesn't fancy university. He has expressed an interest in joining the Royal Navy, I said to him if he chooses this then I personally would like him to join as an officer, as I believe he has the capabilities to do this.

It his however his choice, and whatever he chooses he like his older siblings will receive my backing.

Dawnrazor
6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I'm a father of Three, a daughter soon to be 38, oldest son soon to be 34, my youngest son soon to be 16 later in the year.

My daughter is the head of the English department at a Secondary school in Bordon South East Hampshire.

He is currently in Instanbul filming a film with Remi Malek. This will be his Third film with him, the others being Bohemian Rhapsody and No Time To Die.

My youngest son has just finished his Premlims and does his Nats5? later this year. His intention is to then stay on and do his highest. Unlike his older siblings doesn't fancy university. He has expressed an interest in joining the Royal Navy, I said to him if he chooses this then I personally would like him to join as an officer, as I believe he has the capabilities to do this.

It his however his choice, and whatever he chooses he like his older siblings will receive my backing.

That's what it's about.

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Lads on National Service fought on the front lines in the Malayan Emergency, the Cyprus Emergency, in Kenya against the Mau Mau, in the Korean war and the Suez Crisis.

395 of these lads never came home.

And anyways, the Civil Contingencies act of 2004 specifically prevents a UK government from using emergency powers to force conscription.

A quick meeting in parliament “hear hear” can change those rules……followed by a “hear hear” in the House of  *Lords.

Seriously, Not ITK if that would be legal though but, we do know what these chancers in powers are like.

* for those that are awake.

highlandjambo3

We never did peace keeping duties in Bosnia, it was protecting the UN convoys, I was there……were you?

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

The training would change to include something like fitness being an ongoing progressive development for recruits.  If failing training because of a lack of fitness and, being turfed out was a method of getting out of national service/citizen army the whole thing would collapse.

Lovecraft

A snipers wet dream 😄

Just leave Greggs bags out in wide open spaces and wait for the fatties to come investigate them.

48 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

If he joins as an officer in the Navy, believe me He will be looked after. They treat the gold ringers like royalty. That's where all the money goes. 

I think I know more about John Findlay than I do about my wife :rofl: 

John Findlay
26 minutes ago, Negan said:

If he joins as an officer in the Navy, believe me He will be looked after. They treat the gold ringers like royalty. That's where all the money goes. 

I know. Did 1979-1990 myself.

highlandjambo3
2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

John…..didn’t know you were a gold ringer……never heard that expression before 😏

Let's be serious for a minute.  Why the feck should the young fight for any *****. The ***** in power do absolutely nothing for them, so why should they do anything for them. They're no going to fight, it'll be the working class cannon fodder as usual,  doing the dying. 

No hope and no future. So as a wise man once said. "A'm no dying for these *******s"

The Real Maroonblood
36 minutes ago, cheetah said:

I think I know more about John Findlay than I do about my wife :rofl: 

During the war.....

28 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

As former rating, it was actually mind boggling to see how many perks they get compared to the lads. 

John Findlay
32 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

John…..didn’t know you were a gold ringer……never heard that expression before 😏

Wasn't a gold ringer. Left as a Communications Yeoman(Petty Officer).

John Findlay
7 minutes ago, Negan said:

As former rating, it was actually mind boggling to see how many perks they get compared to the lads. 

Yes. I left as a Communications Yeoman.

John Findlay
6 minutes ago, been here before said:

John was in the navy?

How come he never mentions it?

Here comes my stalker right on Q.

Greedy Jambo

Maybe if they didn't ban Air Rifles, we'd not need as much training. 

Make your bed and lie in it, you will find me hiding up the loft, identifying as a mouse. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

Bonnie Prince Charlie

Maybe Prince twat sex pest will see it as his duty to command the plebs (from a great distance). Maybe Harry (helicopter pilot my bahookie) can play his part. Only joking. 

been here before
48 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Here comes my stalker right on Q.

"Stalker" :rofl:

Makes a change from you claiming we're all just jealous of you I suppose :lol:

Thunder and Lightning
7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Let's be serious for a minute.  Why the feck should the young fight for any *****. The ***** in power do absolutely nothing for them, so why should they do anything for them. They're no going to fight, it'll be the working class cannon fodder as usual,  doing the dying. 

No hope and no future. So as a wise man once said. "A'm no dying for these *******s"

Scottish resistance type post. 

been here before
9 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Scottish resistance type post. 

He's quoting a line from an extra in Braveheart :rofl:

Thunder and Lightning
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Oh dear. 😂 

Jim_Duncan
13 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

This is a tad controversial posting this up,but in amongst the ramblings,there is a bare thread of truth😳

If I were in the trenches with Mr Oliver, I'd defect to the Russians/Hamas/aliens side pronto.

That thing you do

Quite a few on here seem quite chipper about being cannon fodder for the powers that be. Will the great and the good be putting their kids forward to fight if war breaks out? Will they feck.

As melchot said in Blackadder

"Dont worry Blackadder Ill be right behind you"

"About 7 miles behind " says Blackadder.

Soon as I see celebs, politicians and royalty offering themselves / their flesh and blood, then we can talk.

That thing you do
5 hours ago, been here before said:

Hes also not wrong in many aspects of what he says regardless of whether the point is made by a line from a movie or not.

21 hours ago, Taffin said:

You've got that the wrong way around. Whole world stopped due to the wet blanket boomer generation.

Too true, "You've never had it so good" Arold Mac.

I had no say in the matter when born, but I'll take it...:sweeet:

luckyBatistuta
19 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Any advice for my 15 year old lad John? He’s obsessed about being an actor since the day he could talk. He’s had quite a few lead roles in musicals, an extra in a couple of episodes in the new Rebus, also a little thing in Screws. He’s determined that he’s going to the Royal Conservatoire in Glasgow. He’s got an agent as well, but any advice would be welcome bud👍

John Findlay
52 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Any advice for my 15 year old lad John? He’s obsessed about being an actor since the day he could talk. He’s had quite a few lead roles in musicals, an extra in a couple of episodes in the new Rebus, also a little thing in Screws. He’s determined that he’s going to the Royal Conservatoire in Glasgow. He’s got an agent as well, but any advice would be welcome bud👍

I will ask my son. He knows far more about this than me. I will get back to you.

I would suggest he does his stuff at the Royal Conservatoire.

My Matt did Four years at the Birmingham Conservatoire to get his degree in music.

Also advice him to be patient. I have a good friend from Newcastle who is 62, and he is going to be in show on BBC2 called bring the drama, which is all about getting into the acting game.

This is him below.

Screenshot_20240127-100730~2.png