Citizen Army

OBE

19 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I don't think Trump will win a US election

Sadly I think he's well on his way to doing just that, which is an extremely sad state of affairs.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• The Real Maroonblood

• Dawnrazor

• highlandjambo3

5 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Sadly I think he's well on his way to doing just that, which is an extremely sad state of affairs.

What makes you think that? I live in the US and feel the mood, I don't see it. 

37 minutes ago, KG1874 said:

True it would be go to war or jail but I can see most people choosing jail these days. I’d guess most would’ve chose to fight back in world war 1 and 2. 

Putin/Wagner offered Russian inmates a stick-or-twist. Come fight with us, dodge whatever may come at you for six month and if your arse is still pointing to the ground after that term, you're free.

Russian prison costs must've plummeted.

4 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

What makes you think that? I live in the US and feel the mood, I don't see it. 

The fact that he's still in the running, the fact that he's won primaries, and the fact that it looks like he is going to be the presidential candidate.

The fact that it's got this far is genuinely scary.

Citizen army? I thought this thread would be about a certain outspoken nationalist preparing to patrol the Scotland/England border while tanked up on strongbow

2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

The fact that he's still in the running, the fact that he's won primaries, and the fact that it looks like he is going to be the presidential candidate.

Yes I agree that's aggravating, but this isn't a general election, this is simply Trumps base of hard core wackos turning out to vote for him as the candidate, this isn't the nation voting. Plus there are a whole variety of things that could take him out of circulation even before the election. Nikki Haley is probably banking on that to some degree.

As I previously said, absolutely everybody wants Trump gone including his own party, who ideally would like him dead. I saw an analyst comment yesterday that despite the attempts to delay court trails he will probably be in court around May/June

And there he is going to be convicted because it's an open and shut case. It's so open and shut he is now basically admitting everything, but saying he has immunity from any and all crimes. Which is just typical Trump crazy and will soon be kicked out then he will be convicted on any number of these 91 felonies.

No court will save him because why would they? There will be no harassment from GOP politicians in the background because why would they? They want him dead, if he's in jail they can run a martyr card. We always loved our deity Trump, look what they did to him. Boohoo you crazies should vote for me now.

Not even the supreme court will save him because again, corrupt as some of them are why would they? They don't need him for anything and having him around is a liability for everybody. You think his abuse of fellow judges and total lack of respect for courts impresses them?

All Trump has is the crazies and that's nowhere near enough to win a general election. I see Biden winning even bigger than last time, a landslide. Everybody who isn't a crazy is tired of this eternal drama. Sick of it. And they know it will never end if he's still around.

1 hour ago, Herbert. said:

Would guys on national service get full pay? 

Not sure how pay would work but the pay is just part of it; all the kit, transport, training, accommodation etc all combined isn't cheap.

been here before

If you get called up as opposed to joining voluntary, can you still sanctmoniously claim to have "served"?

Des Lynam
50 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

they may be thinking ahead to the very near future. Everybody should understand that if Trump were to win the US election he would most definitely remove the US from NATO, and that would be disastrous for Britain, Europe, and the world. The US is NATO, if they weren't involved Ukraine would have fallen long ago for just one thing.

If they weren't in NATO Putin would have a free hand in Europe and he would grasp it. It's no exaggeration to say that the entire international order would collapse if Trump were elected then handed out do what you like cards to every dictator who said nice things about him. They all know that's all you need to do to get anything you want from the simpleton.

I don't think Trump will win a US election but if he did the world order as we know it will quickly end. Such sudden shifts in the balance of power never end well. There's a  reason Putin wants the US out of NATO, and it's not because he's dumb like Trump.

That is half the problem imo. US foreign policy has led to a lot of the problems we’ve faced in the past twenty years. Putin being evil is far too simplistic a viewpoint. I personally think the West missed its opportunity with him when he was first elected to properly bring them into the fold. 

Putin is dumb! :rofl:

I mean this respectfully but you sound utterly unhinged. 

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Not sure how pay would work but the pay is just part of it; all the kit, transport, training, accommodation etc all combined isn't cheap.

Talking of kit when I was growing up there was an army surplus store in the town. My dad got me a tent there and some other cool stuff. It closed years ago, no surpluses now. 

54 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Army pay up until you reach the rank of corporal is guff.

Not always.

Depends what cap badge you are and what you want to achieve.

A level 7 Sapper (Engineers lowest rank) who is Airborne (23 Parachute Engineer Regiment) can earn over 30k a year. 

Yeh if you join a basic infantry regiment and do not do any further courses you will be on peanuts.

Gundermann

Have just seen the Sunak Citizen Marine Commando training at Cramond Island.

0ce86e3cc4c0a972e3072eb62896d9b6.gif

The UK needs to bring back national service at aged 16 IMO. We are a soft as shit nation now. Youngsters have no respect and/or little discipline these days. Having a taste of a military lifestyle can only be a benefit physically and mentally. 

21 minutes ago, OBE said:

Putin/Wagner offered Russian inmates a stick-or-twist. Come fight with us, dodge whatever may come at you for six month and if your arse is still pointing to the ground after that term, you're free.

That’s one way to get people to sign up. I wonder if he stuck to that agreement after 6 months. 

Being a mechanic by trade best case scenario for me would be getting told to just make sure the motors are up and running although i’d probably spend most of my time trying to figure out how to remap the tanks 😂

I look forward to serving on the front line with the sons and daughters of the politicians and generals who send us to war

been here before
10 minutes ago, Negan said:

The UK needs to bring back national service at aged 16 IMO. We are a soft as shit nation now. Youngsters have no respect and/or little discipline these days. Having a taste of a military lifestyle can only be a benefit physically and mentally. 

Theres a plan.

We get all the radges, neds, schemies, gangsters, druggies, jakeballs and hiedbangers and teach them how to kill more efficiently.

Edited by been here before

“It just feels as if the old situation that we were in after the Cold War with very dominant Western democracies is changing.”

Britain's military is planning to build a force of up to half a million people to defend the country in the event of a full scale war explains General Sir Nick Parker.

Britain readies for potential full-scale war against Russia | General Sir Nick Parker

highlandjambo3
23 minutes ago, Negan said:

Wont work……as previously mentioned.

periodictabledancer
43 minutes ago, Negan said:

GTF with that. My dad was shipped off to a war zone in 1949 for two years on half the wages he was on civvy Street. 

Anyone advocating that nonsense should he forced into the vanguard of an infantry battalion in the British army where ability to read marks you outbas an intellectual.  

Shooter McGavin

Discussed this on another thread, but more fitting here.

Conscription is a lot of nonsense. Folk actually think 18-30 year olds are going to fight for a king and country that treats them with utter contempt :rofl:

Nookie Bear
53 minutes ago, Negan said:

Can i ask if you are of a fighting age or have a son of fighting age?

loveofthegame
3 hours ago, Hansel said:

Same here. My sons going to war is a terrifying prospect.

I wouldn't allow it to happen. I would put myself in that position before my kids.

Des Lynam
4 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Discussed this on another thread, but more fitting here.

Conscription is a lot of nonsense. Folk actually think 18-30 year olds are going to fight for a king and country that treats them with utter contempt :rofl:

:spoton: 

General Nick Parker’s comments are receiving the derision they deserve. 

Shooter McGavin
49 minutes ago, Negan said:

I kind of agree that a lot of youngsters these days are jumped up gimps, but put yourself in their shoes.

You're unlikely to ever be able to afford your own home, you're constantly told you need to give up any wee nice things in your life, live off plain pasta 7 days-a-week and never go on any holidays if you want to own a home, the price of everything will go up but your wages will stay the same, suicide rates are through the roof because the government don't make any profit from funding mental health properly, you can't get a doctors appointment, you can barely afford to live, your employer is allowed to exploit you, when you complain about all of this you're told to shut up, you work but you can't afford a car, you can't afford public transport.

And now the government, and a king who wears a diamond and jewel encrusted crown whilst being transported around in a gold carriage, want you to serve them to teach you a bit of discipline?

Shooter McGavin
9 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

General Nick Parker’s comments are receiving the derision they deserve. 

Found it quite warming seeing the sheer amount of people telling him to go and **** himself on twitter 😄

This sad little racist island ain't worth fighting for, and the young'uns have that sussed.

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, OBE said:

They've just changed it in Russia. No discharge after 6 months. Must serve till the end (currently usually death).

5 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Found it quite warming seeing the sheer amount of people telling him to go and **** himself on twitter 😄

This sad little racist island ain't worth fighting for, and the young'uns have that sussed.

No point in raising the drawbridges if Putin or anyone else wants a piece...

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

They've just changed it in Russia. No discharge after 6 months. Must serve till the end (currently usually death).

👍🏻

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, KG1874 said:

That’s one way to get people to sign up. I wonder if he stuck to that agreement after 6 months. 

Being a mechanic by trade best case scenario for me would be getting told to just make sure the motors are up and running although i’d probably spend most of my time trying to figure out how to remap the tanks 😂

I don't want to scare you, but, LAND ROVER,😲

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Negan said:

Stuff like this pisses me right off. I have two boys who say ‘please, thank you, would hold a door open for someone, give an oap their seat on the bus. They’ve been brought up properly and are studying hard towards their future careers, but just because what you have encountered, or made up in your head, you’re just branding them all as one and want to ship off everyone’s kids to some army barracks.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Stuff like this pisses me right off. I have two boys who say ‘please, thank you, would hold a door open for someone, give an oap their seat on the bus. They’ve been brought up properly and are studying hard towards their future careers, but just because what you have encountered, or made up in your head, you’re just branding them all as one and want to ship off everyone’s kids to some army barracks.

My children and now my grandchildren fit into that category.

There we’re plenty bams when I was growing up.

Dawnrazor
6 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Completely agree, it's how they've been brought up.

1 hour ago, 151 said:

Not always.

Depends what cap badge you are and what you want to achieve.

A level 7 Sapper (Engineers lowest rank) who is Airborne (23 Parachute Engineer Regiment) can earn over 30k a year. 

Yeh if you join a basic infantry regiment and do not do any further courses you will be on peanuts.

For a skydiving engineer 30k is pretty guff.

Oh aye, National Service totally stamped out crime when it was a thing, eh?

Nae murders or housebreakings or car thefts or violent crime or rapes at all in the UK until National Service ended.

Yon nice boys the Krays did National Service.

:cornette:

Edited by Cade

Get the knuckle draggers ready for the eventual military coup.

Starmer is no Allende, but seeing how the "popular" press depict him you wouldn't be mistaken for thinking so.

2 hours ago, tian447 said:

That's only amongst his own.

Not a problem for Scotland,  never for the British.  I'd probably empty my big gun :gun_bandana: in the barracks with as many Hoosejock Brits around me as possible,  if I was made to wear onionist uniform.

Edited by ri Alban

joondalupjambo

I take it the General boy was only talking about conscription for poor people?

Edited by joondalupjambo

Lone Striker
2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Yes I agree that's aggravating, but this isn't a general election, this is simply Trumps base of hard core wackos turning out to vote for him as the candidate, this isn't the nation voting. Plus there are a whole variety of things that could take him out of circulation even before the election. Nikki Haley is probably banking on that to some degree.

As I previously said, absolutely everybody wants Trump gone including his own party, who ideally would like him dead. I saw an analyst comment yesterday that despite the attempts to delay court trails he will probably be in court around May/June

And there he is going to be convicted because it's an open and shut case. It's so open and shut he is now basically admitting everything, but saying he has immunity from any and all crimes. Which is just typical Trump crazy and will soon be kicked out then he will be convicted on any number of these 91 felonies.

No court will save him because why would they? There will be no harassment from GOP politicians in the background because why would they? They want him dead, if he's in jail they can run a martyr card. We always loved our deity Trump, look what they did to him. Boohoo you crazies should vote for me now.

Not even the supreme court will save him because again, corrupt as some of them are why would they? They don't need him for anything and having him around is a liability for everybody. You think his abuse of fellow judges and total lack of respect for courts impresses them?

All Trump has is the crazies and that's nowhere near enough to win a general election. I see Biden winning even bigger than last time, a landslide. Everybody who isn't a crazy is tired of this eternal drama. Sick of it. And they know it will never end if he's still around.

I admire your optimism regarding the likelihood of Trump winning another term.   But from afar it looks as if the choice will be between a benign geriatric with diminishing mental capabilities and a dangerous & arrogant nutjob geriatric with diminishing mental capabilities.

Again from afar,  Trump's nutjob MAGA base don't appear to care that their hero admires other nutjob leaders  (Putin, Orban etc) around the world who are hell-bent on weakening institutions like NATO, the EU, the UN etc.   Nor do they seem to care that their hero is facing various criminal charges, emanating from his reckless behaviour & greed.

Thats just my impression of things.... from afar.     As the song says, there may be trouble ahead ............

Nookie Bear
19 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Not a problem for Scotland,  never for the British.  I'd probably empty my big gun :gun_bandana: in the barracks with as many Hoosejock Brits around me as possible,  if I was made to wear onionist uniform.

:oohmatron:

The fact this is even being discussed in closed circles, and now openly should be very concerning. This will all be war-gaming where EVERY eventuality is considered and a strategy developed for. 

If the US pull support for Ukraine then the country WILL fall as European nations have bare cupboards and are keeping their own good kit back 'should they need it'. NATO would be tested and without US support, it will be down to Poland to stop a Russian juggernaught, which will come calling a few years later once they've re-grouped. And the Poles are taking this very seriously and are kitting up massively as they do not want to be caught unprepared. Baltics also tooling up. Sweden also discussing citizen armies and along with their Finnish neighbours are tooling up. 

Liklihood of needing a citizen army is low, but the implications are hugely significant. 

"The battle of Waterloo was won on the playing fields of Eton".

So all the folk who said they'd send their kids to a private school - they're first in line for the great conscript-a-thon.

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

McDonalds have the very spot for you.

Prefer Burger Queen 🫅 

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

IMG_7100.gif

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

For a skydiving engineer 30k is pretty guff.

But that's not what the job is though is it? It's the lowest ranking soldier in a particular cap-badge who has been trained to jump from a plane - static line.

I'm not saying it's great pay I was merely saying you can earn good money in the military if you really want to. Especially if you are decent at sport. You can essentially get the same salary for playing what is the equivalent of junior level football.

Lone Striker
36 minutes ago, Boof said:

"The battle of Waterloo was won on the playing fields of Eton".

So all the folk who said they'd send their kids to a private school - they're first in line for the great conscript-a-thon.

🙄   Nothing "private" about Heriots, StewMel etc.     Eton, on the other hand........