Naismith

Mac80

FarmerTweedy
5 hours ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

The football under Naismith is eye bleeding stuff.

I still want him gone. 

Some folk are just beyond help.

I’ve no idea what our financial resources are……..

Anyway……my statement is still true. We are absolutely horrendous to watch under Naismith.

It isn't, and we're not.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitch41

• Drylaw Hearts

• RustyRightPeg

• Sid

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FarmerTweedy

You think we’re good to watch ?

We don’t really start games well…..we don’t ever look like giving teams a hammering…..we are spending more money than most teams and are scrapping by.

Naismith has conceded we struggle to break down teams that sit in at Tynecastle……we aren’t Real flippin Madrid and these teams that sit in seem to cause us real problems.

He stated when he got the job he wanted us to be attacking and play good football…….i wonder what happened to that philosophy.

That's exactly the issue.  We're not Real Madrid, we've nothing remotely like that sort of resources, yet you're moaning because we're not playing like them. You've got absolutely no clue at all and no sense of perspective or grip on reality. 

PaddysBar
4 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

That's exactly the issue.  We're not Real Madrid, we've nothing remotely like that sort of resources, yet you're moaning because we're not playing like them. You've got absolutely no clue at all and no sense of perspective or grip on reality. 

If you think we’re getting value from money from our wage bill, that’s quite incredible to be honest. Naismith has frequently said it’s not good enough, as recently as last night. 

Teams with a fraction of our budget look more committed, hungry, faster and skilful than us. 

That’s been the case for the last few years. 

We seem to be able to grind out results better than most non OF teams this season but we look absolutely shite in most games. 

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

It was Bobby Williamson when he was at Hibs.

And I remember Hearts fans laughing at such a ridiculous statement……..

As for the rest of your post…..it’s just damn lazy. The standard of acceptance has dropped so low that we’re supposed to be all delighted despite our lack of creativity in midfield and having only one striker at the club who looks like he can score with any consistency.

Our midfield to attack options are poor as they’ve been a number of years…..despite us having a bigger budget.

I just don’t think it’s good enough.

This just proves how completely and utterly clueless you are.  You moan about the standard of football we're playing not reaching the heights of scintillating entertainment quality that you expect, and say the manager should be sacked because of that, despite him having us 8 points clear in 3rd place and having taken an excellent 28 points from our last 12 league games, then complain that our midfield to attack options are crap!  So you're moaning that we've got a shit squad in terms of creative/attacking players, then moaning that our manager (who wasn't responsible for assembling the vast majority of our squad), is only getting results that are putting us well clear in third place, winning most of our games, and isn't also getting scintillating football out of the squad you think is shite, and saying he should be binned for that!

Seriously, try engaging both of your brain cells at the same time for a bit, actually attempt to do some thinking for once, and then see if you can maybe try to work out just why what you're saying on this thread is quite possibly the most idiotic pile of drivel that has ever been posted online in the entire history of the Internet. 

FarmerTweedy
7 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

If you think we’re getting value from money from our wage bill, that’s quite incredible to be honest. Naismith has frequently said it’s not good enough, as recently as last night. 

Teams with a fraction of our budget look more committed, hungry, faster and skilful than us. 

We seem to be able to grind out results better than most non OF teams this season but we look absolutely shite in most games. 

We don't though, that's just not true.  We've been on top for the majority the game in most of the matches we've played this season.  Most teams have mainly played defensively against us and tried to hit us on the break, particularly at Tynecastle, and we have struggled to open teams up quite a bit when they've done that, but the reality is we've been well on top not just in terms of possession, but in terms of attempts on goal, attempts on target, corners, Xg, etc, in most of the games we've played against teams other than the arsecheeks.

We're well clear in third on merit, because we've been significantly better than all the teams below us.  There's plenty scope for further improvement, and we could absolutely do with a couple of more creative midfield options, and probably ideally another striking option if things don't start happening for Tagawa soon, but if you look at how close we are to 2nd in the league and how close we are to 4th in the league in points terms, then look at how our budget compares to the 2nd biggest budget and the 4th biggest budget, you'll find we're better placed in points terms than in budget terms.

DalryJambo
11 hours ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

I’ve no idea what our financial resources are……..

Anyway……my statement is still true. We are absolutely horrendous to watch under Naismith.

You have no idea what our Financial resources are? None? You spend hours of your week on here, you must read the majority of post, many of which discuss our finances, loosely our wage structure and the wage range we can afford and the FoH contributions, yet you still have NO idea.

You're at it.

If you think things are so unacceptable at the moment then following hearts isn't for you.

johnking123

We are getting results.  He is making mistakes along the way. But does not seem scared to rectify them  I did not want Naismith and was vocal about it in the beginning. But he is changing my mind. 

Performances have not been vintage,  but he is getting results and willing to let him learn on the job. For now.

When Naismith started he piled everyone forward at home - the Ross County game sticks in my memory. I figured this would be the way of it this season, but we’ve struggled initially to win that way this season.

We’ve shifted to being hard to beat, and generally have a good chance of winning if we keep a clean sheet. It’s been a bit attritional at times, but that’s not just down to us. Scottish teams are aggressive, hard working and we’ve struggled to play through them.

I think we are progressing. The game at Celtic, home v St Mirren, we are getting closer to playing through presses. It’s still too often that we play in front of them, but we are slowly getting there.

I think the modern game is a bit dull - not much end to end, it’s all a bit joyless really. That’s not down to Naismith for me, but a lot of shapes and systems seems to be the way of it, and it’s often boring as the teams wear away at each other.

Jim Panzee
14 hours ago, HopeDiouf said:

was just a joke tbf :).

re the passing thing, others (Vargas,Ginelly as two closest examples) don't/didn't seem to have same problem.

has some merit tho I think as he is made to look a bit pish. :)

good point re Vargas - although with Ginnelly you could maybe argue we had McKay in the team with the vision to improve with incisive passing?? 

Jim Panzee
13 hours ago, gar jambo said:

Come on there are 100 million pound players at Chelsea ect that are not performing he needs a run ! 

I was being facetious Gar in one of my (probably poor) attempts at humour.

I'm hopeful Tagawa will come good and given the service he'll at least have a chance to show what he can do....

Jim Panzee
12 hours ago, Rudy T said:

You’re confusing yourself here, this is about Naismith. By all means have a go at the board for whatever reason you want but this thread is about the merits of Naismiths managerial ability and by luck or design the board may have got this right. At half time yesterday the entire club was to be cleared out by full time not a peep about it.

Just for the record I have zero time for Savage, and I think it’s even more remarkable that Naismith is achieving what he is with the utter garbage kicking about this squad.

McKinlay I rather not start and derail this thread.

apologies Rudy - another attempt at light heartedness on my part.

quite happy with the board - and savage for that matter. I was just poking fun at some of the more extreme kickbackers on here who must be puzzled at us being 3rd, 8 points clear, with a shambles of a board, a CEO who has an alleged wind problem, a head of recruitment who's useless and a manager who has naeclue.

Was highlighting the above never seems to get mentioned when we're doing well.

Eddiepolio3

I think he's one of the best managers we've had for ages when it comes to the media, clearly had some media training with his many years in the EPL. None of the gormless clichés that the majority of Scottish managers (and at least half of JKB) come out with. I think we should enjoy him while he's here because if he gets us 3rd and to the latter stages of the cup he's bound to be on the radar of clubs down south.

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

We are getting results.  He is making mistakes along the way. But does not seem scared to rectify them  I did not want Naismith and was vocal about it in the beginning. But he is changing my mind. 

Performances have not been vintage,  but he is getting results and willing to let him learn on the job. For now.

Completely agree. Mistakes is what you will get when someone is put in a job without experience regardless of profession. It doesn’t mean it was the wrong appointment. It was always a sink or swim scenario but you have to be willing to accept mistakes along the way. I think it’s easier to accept those mistakes as long as you are seeing progress and/or you are seeing results. SN has shown a determination to get it right without the stubbornness of not willing to change when things aren’t working. It isn’t perfect but he has us clearly heading in the right direction. There have been huge improvements on some obvious flaws in a relatively short period of time. Defence especially from set pieces is astronomically better, Performances recently against the OF have improved, Away form is significantly better. We are clear 3rd having just came back from 2-0 to win for the first time in **** knows how long. No it’s perfect but **** me people want him gone ? :rofl:

If that’s how you feel right now is question your outlook in life rather than SN. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not playing well and getting results, pretty good habit. I'd like to see him backed with a very decent midfield option, my only worry right now, the midfield  has no continuity and seems to be plastered up. Getting away with it for now. But thats to his credit I think.

SN in the papers saying that he often doesnt pick a player who plays brilliantly one game, play in the next - because the player "doesnt fit the next match".........a lot of folk might have an issue with that !! .....as when a player is hot - you play him !! (sometimes eg when away at OF I see the point but thats the odd time - Not Often.

vegas-voss

Don't think anyone can be thinking we are brilliant but surely nobody can be unhappy where we are in the table.First season as a manager with a vast majority ( early season not start ) doubting him including myself.He is growing into the job and if we stick with it (  I didn't think I would say this ) next season we could see a big difference.This year all about getting that third.

saxondale
14 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Hey never say that to a fellow Jambo, just a little bit of respect please.

It will be a sad day when attacking/insulting a fellow loyal Jambo by telling him to watch another team/teams is the norm.

I'll continue to call out someone talking rubbish.

You should be more concerned with someone incessantly looking to be negative about a club they supposedly 'support' during a period we have been flying.

soonbe110
12 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

This just proves how completely and utterly clueless you are.  You moan about the standard of football we're playing not reaching the heights of scintillating entertainment quality that you expect, and say the manager should be sacked because of that, despite him having us 8 points clear in 3rd place and having taken an excellent 28 points from our last 12 league games, then complain that our midfield to attack options are crap!  So you're moaning that we've got a shit squad in terms of creative/attacking players, then moaning that our manager (who wasn't responsible for assembling the vast majority of our squad), is only getting results that are putting us well clear in third place, winning most of our games, and isn't also getting scintillating football out of the squad you think is shite, and saying he should be binned for that!

Seriously, try engaging both of your brain cells at the same time for a bit, actually attempt to do some thinking for once, and then see if you can maybe try to work out just why what you're saying on this thread is quite possibly the most idiotic pile of drivel that has ever been posted online in the entire history of the Internet. 

Your final para is undoubtedly one of the most idiotic statements in the history of jkb that’s for sure. It’s a fans forum, people’s opinions are theirs, they are genuine and they don’t deserve the sort of vitriol that you regularly aim at folk.  Lighten up, we are all Hearts supporters. 

doctor jambo

Naismith currently has us on an amazing run.

its almost burley level outstanding .

not always free flowing , but there is real grit there .

2 games we have been 2 down and managed to take 4 points.

away win in Glasgow 

at the death derby win

yes please

AlimOzturk
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Naismith currently has us on an amazing run.

its almost burley level outstanding .

not always free flowing , but there is real grit there .

2 games we have been 2 down and managed to take 4 points.

away win in Glasgow 

at the death derby win

yes please

You really can’t argue with the form. Title winning form if it continues this way. 

Which in reality it won’t. There. WILL be bad results and I hope as fans we don’t lose our shit like we normally do. 

The Old Tolbooth

He’s cutting his teeth just fine and won me over, the guy is a determined winner! 

Hearts1975
4 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

He’s cutting his teeth just fine and won me over, the guy is a determined winner! 

The players are walking through walls and believing in him at the moment. We just wouldn't have came back against Dundee, 2nd half,, if they were not. 

Don't think he will get ahead of himself either. One game at a time. 

Section Q

Anyone know if  Naismith now has the necessary coaching badges so he can be our first team coach if we manage to get third place and into the group stages again...?

McNelly15
4 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Anyone know if  Naismith now has the necessary coaching badges so he can be our first team coach if we manage to get third place and into the group stages again...?

He should be enrolled this month. So will be fine to be in charge 👍🏽

Section Q
1 hour ago, McNelly15 said:

He should be enrolled this month. So will be fine to be in charge 👍🏽

👍

Vlad Magic
23 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Did you see Naisy pulling Beni & Hof over in the first half and giving them a Kick Up The Back Side, I just wish I could lip read, the look on their faces said it all. Beni went off, injured pride, and the Hof ran himself into the ground and unbelievably a scored a goal. Believe me Big Man Naisy is the man and he’s mainly dealing with Neilson’s players just give the wee man a chance and I believe he’ll improve Hearts. Remember I’m never wrong.

🤣🤣🤣

You aren’t pulling the wool over certain people’s eyes with this massive turn around.

9 hours ago, busbyfth said:

SN in the papers saying that he often doesnt pick a player who plays brilliantly one game, play in the next - because the player "doesnt fit the next match".........a lot of folk might have an issue with that !! .....as when a player is hot - you play him !! (sometimes eg when away at OF I see the point but thats the odd time - Not Often.

The way I read that is he might mean; say we’ve got a defensive midfielder who’s on form, but we have a game where we are expected to attack more and have a lot of the ball, he switches the defensive midfielder for a more attacking one because they will fit the match better. I get what you mean though!

fabienleclerq
22 hours ago, PaddysBar said:

At worst our wage bill is the third highest in the league, some distance behind 2nd.

I'd say we are getting the exact value we are paying for.

Strattiesroll

8 points clear and some folk still complaining. The manager knows what he’s doing. Strong personality and it’s showing. He can do great things given time. 

13 hours ago, saxondale said:

I'll continue to call out someone talking rubbish.

You should be more concerned with someone incessantly looking to be negative about a club they supposedly 'support' during a period we have been flying.

So praising the club is all right but pointing out something you disagree with gets a response of ‘Well why don’t you go and support Man City or whoever’. If you go to a match and heard the likes of Drylaw Hearts, Mitch41 or any other Jambo on here that may have issues with the club you’d know what being a real supporter is all about. Our love and passion for Hearts should never be questioned so just remember that gadgy

3 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

🤣🤣🤣

You aren’t pulling the wool over certain people’s eyes with this massive turn around.

WTF are you going on about.

pettigrewsstylist
On 25/01/2024 at 06:58, Eddiepolio3 said:

I think he's one of the best managers we've had for ages when it comes to the media, clearly had some media training with his many years in the EPL. None of the gormless clichés that the majority of Scottish managers (and at least half of JKB) come out with. I think we should enjoy him while he's here because if he gets us 3rd and to the latter stages of the cup he's bound to be on the radar of clubs down south.

He is definitely making the effort to engage with the fanbase in the level of detail he gives. Refreshing.

On 25/01/2024 at 00:55, PaddysBar said:

If these teams with a fraction of our budget look more committed, hungry, faster and more skilful how come we are beating them all regularly and are sitting clear in third behind the old firm? 

I agree we are a hard watch at times but what you are saying can’t be true or surely we’d be well down the table. 

On 25/01/2024 at 06:26, johnking123 said:

He does make mistakes as you’d expect from a young manager but he does seem to learn very quickly from them. 

Benny Klack

Some of the takes on this thread are quite the thing 😐

Got to be a fair few Hibby interlopers on here. 

Unbeaten in 8, 8 points clear in 3rd place, wins at ER and Celtic Park, into the next round of the cup, young players breaking through, clear progress being made - and still some folks arenae happy - bizarre. 

Some posters are living in cloud cuckoo land man

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, Benny Klack said:

Unbeaten in 8, 8 points clear in 3rd place, wins at ER and Celtic Park, into the next round of the cup, young players breaking through, clear progress being made - and still some folks arenae happy - bizarre. 

Mental mate. We are now a hard team to beat and have loads of character, thats what needed sorted first. 7 away League wins is it? When was the last time that happened in the top flight? The players are slowly starting to show more bottle and be braver on the ball and take more chances breaking the lines. That doesnt happen overnight. The biggest thing is we now have a Plan B, teams used to suss us out and that was then it. Naismith is doing a great job.

I think what's gonna happen is we strengthen in the summer, Naisy brings in his type of players. We do well next year and he moves on, you can tell from his interviews and in game changes he's a cut above. The shitey sideways/ backwards pish isn't coming from him, he's often the most frustrated man in the stadium when we play like that. Genuinely think some of the players just can't do what he wants them to, especially the midfield. He's proven he can win big away games, fingers crossed for a decent run in the Scottish. Avoid the uglies until the final and you can guarantee he's going all out to bring it back to Gorgie.

30 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

:spoton:

So Naismith is doing a very good job then getting the best out of the players he’s inherited as manager and the real blame lies at the door of the recruitment team.

SN is doing well, very well. Football is all about results first. If flair and panache and getting rodgered most weeks, whilst claiming to be first at everything then get a ST for the vermin.

Naismith has shown that he can mix it up and make the changes when required and has a determined wee streak about him (certainly as a player).

James Anderson warned us about binning managers too early, and he was right.

6 hours ago, mitch41 said:

So praising the club is all right but pointing out something you disagree with gets a response of ‘Well why don’t you go and support Man City or whoever’. If you go to a match and heard the likes of Drylaw Hearts, Mitch41 or any other Jambo on here that may have issues with the club you’d know what being a real supporter is all about. Our love and passion for Hearts should never be questioned so just remember that gadgy

You are Mitch41 🤔

On 25/01/2024 at 00:40, FarmerTweedy said:

Some folk are just beyond help.

It isn't, and we're not.

We're pish.

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Tbf the likes of you and Drylaw have a lot of issues with the club.

It's a Hearts forum,  slagging our players, manager. Team etc should get a robust response.

Especially when it's generally nonsense.

The Drylaw lad wants Naismith sacked, he deserves called out for being a clown.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

kingantti1874
30 minutes ago, sac said:

SN is doing well, very well. Football is all about results first. If flair and panache and getting rodgered most weeks, whilst claiming to be first at everything then get a ST for the vermin.

Naismith has shown that he can mix it up and make the changes when required and has a determined wee streak about him (certainly as a player).

100%. not only that Naisy has been very vocal and acknowledges we need to improve in the final third.  We know that’s the area he wants to improve hence the signing of lenbikisa and hopefully Fraser.  

remeber in days gone by the narrative was you need to let a manager build his team, and build form the back. 

honestly we’ve stumbled onto a gem. We have so many fans who are far too reactionary. There will be bumps in the road but we can’t flip out at all of them

20 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Your final para is undoubtedly one of the most idiotic statements in the history of jkb that’s for sure. It’s a fans forum, people’s opinions are theirs, they are genuine and they don’t deserve the sort of vitriol that you regularly aim at folk.  Lighten up, we are all Hearts supporters. 

Surely you don't believe that statement!

2 hours ago, sac said:

Yep. I've never got the Hibs way of the "Flair Football" comfort blanket. If you're not winning games, you're doing it wrong. 

That said, Naismith did talk about attacking football, and I don't think we're really there yet and I can't put my finger on why.. Could it be a lack of forward balls from our midfielders, and a general lack of responsibility from other attackers (Not Shanks) in taking responsibiltiy to make things happen? 2nd half against Dundee was brilliant, Forrest hitting the byline, Oda looked lively. So much better, but begs questions on how the 1st half was so bad. 

AlphonseCapone

Our wage bill is what, 3rd highest in the league? It might not even be, not sure. And proportionally how big compared to the other teams around us? And we're sitting 3rd, 8 points clear? What would be incredible if you could explain in any logic way how that isn't value for money because it looks about as clear as it could be. Pay the 3rd best wages, be the 3rd best team.

Sure, folk will slaver on about quality of performances and sure, I won't argue that some games have been a tough watch. But perspective is required. This is Naismith's first full season, he's learning, he's still got a squad made up mostly of another manager's team. Would it not be absolutely absurd to expect him to have the team playing fantastic football in those circumstances after only 6 months? Would you be happy if that expectation was put on you at work or would you prefer that your employer and customers understood that true change takes time but as long as progress is evident, that's fine.

Time and patience.

Cruickie's Moustache

Said a while back I thought Naismith was the person to change the mentality of the team.

Not saying Neilson and Levein weren't wanting to be winner's but it looked like both had fallen into a rut at the end.

Naismith on the other hand is like a wee terrier.

He his nipping at his player's ankles asking for more and more from them.

The team know what he expects from them and he is getting better at making sure players know when they are sub-par.

Yes he will still make mistakes but I think he is making the changes that the club needs to push us to being the team that is clearly the best of the rest.

A lot comes down to finances but a bit of application and the right attitude can take you a long way.

52 minutes ago, Cruickie's Moustache said:

Said a while back I thought Naismith was the person to change the mentality of the team.

Not saying Neilson and Levein weren't wanting to be winner's but it looked like both had fallen into a rut at the end.

Naismith on the other hand is like a wee terrier.

He his nipping at his player's ankles asking for more and more from them.

The team know what he expects from them and he is getting better at making sure players know when they are sub-par.

Yes he will still make mistakes but I think he is making the changes that the club needs to push us to being the team that is clearly the best of the rest.

A lot comes down to finances but a bit of application and the right attitude can take you a long way.

Agree.

I think the biggest difference with Naismith compared to Neilson and Levein is that he's willing to change things. He seems to learn from his mistakes and makes alterations when needed -  be it personnel or formation. He's not stubborn and seems to take responsibility. It's good to see him dropping old favourites too and clearing out some of the deadwood in our squad.

For a rookie manager in his first year on the job he's doing brilliantly. The football on show hasn't been great a lot of the time but that will come. Once he forms his own side and gets his ideas across properly we really could start to click. The fact he knows all the academy players and isn't scared give them a chance is always a good thing too.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Yep. I've never got the Hibs way of the "Flair Football" comfort blanket. If you're not winning games, you're doing it wrong. 

That said, Naismith did talk about attacking football, and I don't think we're really there yet and I can't put my finger on why.. Could it be a lack of forward balls from our midfielders, and a general lack of responsibility from other attackers (Not Shanks) in taking responsibiltiy to make things happen? 2nd half against Dundee was brilliant, Forrest hitting the byline, Oda looked lively. So much better, but begs questions on how the 1st half was so bad. 

Don’t think you can underestimate how big a loss Ginelly and McKay have been, especially when you factor in how ineffective Oda, Tagawa, Lowry and until recently Vargas have mostly been.  

Take last season’s attacking options and this season’s defence and we would be up challenging Rangers at the moment.