Naismith

Mac80

Jim Panzee
10 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

And the one constant, Tagawa still pish :)

harsh.

hopefully he scores and then will be brilliant.

until he doesn't score for another 5 games and then goes back to being pish.

FWIW I don't think we're playing to Tagawa's strength. Been done to death on here but he makes plenty runs in behind a defence but no one passes. Maybe McKay the only one who could exploit this.

Does make me wonder why we bought him tho....

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitch41

• Drylaw Hearts

• RustyRightPeg

• Sid

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

This isn’t Naisy’s team yet there are players he needs to get rid of and the finances have been a problem with so much money being paid out on non footballing investments. The vast majority in the polls wanted Naisy to get the managers job and they were right because he is the man to take Hearts in the right direction and that’s all we can ask for.

There are no problems with our finances.

We are in an exceptionally strong financial position and our non-footballing investments will mean that number rises year on year.

Just because we haven't splashed £1 million on someone this window does not mean there are financial problems.  We are waiting for the right player to be available, and I'm sure the board have players in mind who haven't been posted on Kickback.

For financial problems, see Romanov.

HopeDiouf
Just now, Jim Panzee said:

harsh.

FWIW I don't think we're playing to Tagawa's strength. Been done to death on here but he makes plenty runs in behind a defence but no one passes. Maybe McKay the only one who could exploit this.

was just a joke tbf :).

re the passing thing, others (Vargas,Ginelly as two closest examples) don't/didn't seem to have same problem.

tiger Rudi
38 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

Thing about Naismith is he digs himself out of holes with not just the subs themselves but the timings, he's not afraid to hook players at half time when common practise is too often wait till the hour mark. That said I'm still a bit baffled by some of his starting line ups. As you've said Ron starting Hoff and Benni at home isn't very inspiring but worse for me was starting (again) Aiden Denholm, I love his energy level and commitment but he's miles away from starting line up. Tait as he showed is so much more composed and keeps his shape while Denholm just sprints around all over the place all a bit headless. Grant too is miles ahead of Denholm and once again Forrest shows why he such a valuable player and I'd have him ahead of Cochrane every time.

Don't think I was concerned or baffled with the starting line up. Using the squad with 3 games in the space of a week is good management. The first 10 to 15 minutes the midfield were doing OK. Hoff and Denholm were playing advanced, Beni was sitting and doing great early on. Unfortunately Beni's game fell apart. Maybe Dundee targeted him a bit, not unlike Snodgrass situation. It meant Hoff dropped back and the midfield totally lost their way. It was quite fortunate really that Beni took a knock because Tait's introduction changed the whole game in my view. 

He provided mobility, passing and moving, and an eagerness to get on the ball, this had a great effect on Hoff. Hoff and Grant were able to play far further forward. 

I agree totally about Forrest. Not everybody's favourite but getting better all the time. So positive on the ball, lifts the whole team and gets us up the pitch with his direct running. Grant has to start against Aberdeen, with Fraser ready to come on from the bench if signed by then. 

I was against his appointment and after the start to the season I was pretty miserable . It would churlish in the extreme to not give the man credit now though . He is doing an excellent job and getting a tune out of our good players . Happy as can be to have been wrong 

I like that so many of our players are getting better. I can sense the pant wetters on here grinding their teeth as another former whipping boy makes progress.

3 minutes ago, naeclue said:

I like that so many of our players are getting better. I can sense the pant wetters on here grinding their teeth as another former whipping boy makes progress.

Oda the most recent one to be targeted . I enjoy this too mate . Remember it was Vargas recently and before that Shanks :rofl: 

Jambo in Bathgate
1 hour ago, feedthefox said:

Thing about Naismith is he digs himself out of holes with not just the subs themselves but the timings, he's not afraid to hook players at half time when common practise is too often wait till the hour mark. That said I'm still a bit baffled by some of his starting line ups. As you've said Ron starting Hoff and Benni at home isn't very inspiring but worse for me was starting (again) Aiden Denholm, I love his energy level and commitment but he's miles away from starting line up. Tait as he showed is so much more composed and keeps his shape while Denholm just sprints around all over the place all a bit headless. Grant too is miles ahead of Denholm and once again Forrest shows why he such a valuable player and I'd have him ahead of Cochrane every time.

He was using the squad he wanted both Grant and Forrest rested for Aberdeen game. The team he put out should have been good enough to beat Dundee. One worldie goal and a defensive brain fart put us up against it. We had good chances to score but didn’t in first half. At two down we lost our way and changes had to come. 

gar jambo
33 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

harsh.

Come on there are 100 million pound players at Chelsea ect that are not performing he needs a run ! 

Famous 1874
1 hour ago, Dunks said:

He said he was saving Grant and Forrest for Saturday - injury and being 2-0 down at HT changed things.

Makes it more understandable. Don’t know why he has up until now I suspect preferred Denholm over Tait

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, karipidis said:

Very good post. I've mentioned it on a couple threads already but another point I would add is the improvement in players (Forrest, Rowles, Atkinson etc). Players seemed to be properly coached and rarely under Robbie would the players improve much. 

Agree with you on that.👍  He seems to be an excellent one-to-one coach, gives individual targets for each player to  meet in order for them to improve.       He's learned a lot from playing under top managers like Walter Smith and David Moyes, and is  now learning from Steve Clarke.    His interviews are impressive too - gives the viewer a decent insight into how he saw things and why  some needed changing.      I like how he's given McAvoy and Forrest responsibility for reporting on different aspects of match analysis, in time for  the next training session.

Armageddon

Btw, Neilson had a stronger squad with the likes of Gino, Simms, the Haring V.1, Gordon, fully fit Halkett, Souttar when he wasn’t a Hun Head Turner and M Smith.

This was all before Savage went mental and started buying from Wish.

Oda be a JT

He does deserve credit, when we were going through a shiity spell he came out and said he expected us to click about November, we did/have. Compared to recent seasons some results away from home are impressive and comebacks have been impressive too, maybe shouldn’t have been needed but they were and deserved.

I hate to use the phrase by when it comes to our manager I am a happy clapper - and that’s coming from someone who HATED him as a player until he signed for us!

Edited by Oda be a JT

heartgarfunkel
2 hours ago, Sid said:

This can’t be down to him he doesn’t have his badges. Only managed a low-league team and the Board are all crap. 

Someone else must be responsible for : - 

1.  Being third in league. 

2.  Being 8 points clear of 4th 
3.  Signing exciting, attacking right sided wing-back to cover the void. 

4.  Looking to move on squad players (and moved Lowry) 

5.  Making right subs at right time. 
6.  Blooding Academy youth in a controlled way. 
7.  Taking no bull from under-performers (Beni and Hoff last night, Snoddy previously). 

Naismith oot. 
Board oot 

Get the plane oot. 

this is not aimed at the doubters. This is aimed at the absolute frothers, especially those who thought personal abuse at anything Hearts when we lost our first game under new management was the way to go. 

Absolute frothers - you've nailed them.  Doubter? Aye, have been, often, with all sorts to do with the Hearts over the years, but can't stand the AFs - nicely defined Sid!

:ruiner:

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Even under Neilson it was clear that we are a very decent team when we are attacking but Neilson and Naismith seem(ed) so set on slowing the game down in midfield.  Beni is like their wet dream.

Beni is a great defensive mid. He’s needed less in games where we are pressing the majority. If everyone around him is attacking, it can work. There were more issues in first half, not just him. He’s struggled a bit since coming back. If you saw the pelters Naismith was giving him when he shouted him and Nieeenhoff over at one point, doubt you would be claiming that. 

Peakybunnet
2 hours ago, Sid said:

This can’t be down to him he doesn’t have his badges. Only managed a low-league team and the Board are all crap. 

7.  Taking no bull from under-performers (Beni and Hoff last night, Snoddy previously). 

Naismith oot. 
Board oot 

Get the plane oot. 

this is not aimed at the doubters. This is aimed at the absolute frothers, especially those who thought personal abuse at anything Hearts when we lost our first game under new management was the way to go. 

Good post mate. But you just know the Frothers are lurking in the shadows ready to pour out when we inevitably have a bad result. 

Even under Neilson it was clear that we are a very decent team when we are attacking but Neilson and Naismith seem(ed) so set on slowing the game down in midfield.  Beni is like their wet dream.

Didn’t you see Naisy having a go at Beni & Hof last night in the first half. It looked like he was telling them to get the finger out.

12 minutes ago, Sid said:

Beni is a great defensive mid. He’s needed less in games where we are pressing the majority. If everyone around him is attacking, it can work. There were more issues in first half, not just him. He’s struggled a bit since coming back. If you saw the pelters Naismith was giving him when he shouted him and Nieeenhoff over at one point, doubt you would be claiming that. 

Beni is finished and even Naisy knows it. The guy is crocked and can hardly run about the pitch. He was a player but at the moment he’s only a passenger.

gordon simpson
3 hours ago, Sid said:

Naismith oot. 
Board oot 

Get the plane oot. 

great post 

kingantti1874

absolute crap. Sorry - it’s just total ****ing nonsense. Listen to him. 

Pasquale for King

Correcting mistakes he made, any manager deserves criticism for the starting lineup and praise for the changes in equal measure. 
Lets hope we start better on Saturday as they probably won’t be easy to come back against. 

AlphonseCapone

He's doing great. Has it been perfect? Of course not. But based on how quickly and well he's turning different aspects around, I'm extremely confident that in time he'll live up to his word and also have us playing exciting football.

2 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

It would appear McKinlay's medication for flatulence continues to work.

Savage back to being good at player transfers etc

You’re confusing yourself here, this is about Naismith. By all means have a go at the board for whatever reason you want but this thread is about the merits of Naismiths managerial ability and by luck or design the board may have got this right. At half time yesterday the entire club was to be cleared out by full time not a peep about it.

Just for the record I have zero time for Savage, and I think it’s even more remarkable that Naismith is achieving what he is with the utter garbage kicking about this squad.

McKinlay I rather not start and derail this thread.

13 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Beni is finished and even Naisy knows it. The guy is crocked and can hardly run about the pitch. He was a player but at the moment he’s only a passenger.

I don’t think he’s finished but he looks very much like a player giving 70% and I’d suggest it’s out of the fear of being injured again. Very much safety first.

20 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Something isn’t right, for sure. He looks knackered, and seems to get injured when the going gets tough in certain games. But SN keeps starting him so he must think he’s ok. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I was against his appointment and after the start to the season I was pretty miserable . It would churlish in the extreme to not give the man credit now though . He is doing an excellent job and getting a tune out of our good players . Happy as can be to have been wrong 

He’s getting a tune out of our so called weaker players too like Forrest and Atkinson which Neilson wasn’t able to do last season.   

Bazzas right boot

As per jkb is very much up and down depending on tbe most recent game.

Naismith is doing a good job, we've had a few injuries carried over from Last season and we are comfortably 3rd.

Our away form is the best in years and we won at Parkhead. 

The team has limitations tho, we aren't scoring  enough and too any games are in the balance, doesn't matter if its celtic,  rangers, Motherwell,  hibs or Spartans, home or away - every game is very close.

Every game, ironically apart from parkhead is in the balance right up to ft, we're as likely to drop points at home v shite as we are to win tough away games.

Our home form has also been stop/start.

Imo, it's more to do with our players, I think we're 2/3 players away from being a very good team,  but also a bad day or a few players leaving ( imagine Cochrane,  Shankland and Beni leave in the summer) from being a bit mince.

We have consistency,  confidence and our defence is generally giving us a good platform to win close games.

I'd like a bit more conviction in some games, but as long as the result comes down in our favour it's hard to complain.

We really are motoring along nicely.

Couple of good players could really kick us on.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Drylaw Hearts

The football under Naismith is eye bleeding stuff.

I still want him gone. 

saxondale
3 hours ago, HopeDiouf said:

can only speak for myself.  I looked at it and said why have we got esssentially 9 defensive players at home to Dundee (ok didn't quite realise quite how much Dexter was all out attack)

Bottom line for me, he's responsible for both halves, not just the second.  But credit for turning it round and getting a result - doesn't happen often.

We never had 9 defensive players playing last night, not even close.

saxondale
2 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

I still want him gone. 

Exemplary stubbornness.

Why don't you watch Man City or Liverpool play, much more exciting.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Provided they win them. They haven't shown anything domestically to show they'll pick up 7 or more points. 

Apart from their last league game at Ross county in which they won 3-0.

9 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

I still want him gone. 

That wasn't eyebleeding last night.

First half was heartbreaking but midweek game against Dundee on a miserable night was entertaining.

We're winning mate and Naismith knows what he's doing.

Birregrande
2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

My only remaining concern is how does he drill the team away from these lethargic slow starts. It’s infuriating and if we could just deal with it we’ll give some teams in this league a right spanking 

Get them to watch the George Burley days videos - we were straight out the traps. Yes I know different budget etc, but the mentality was there.

12 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

I still want him gone. 

Who would you like? Sensible answer please,  in relation to our financial resources.

sandylejambo

My take is, Naismith can struggle to motivate players before a game, but gets his finger out second half. I wish he could do it before the start.

Didn't pull any punches in his post match interview. 

Called the atmosphere toxic at half time.

Sounds like he wasn't to happy not only with the players but in fairness he did say the Staduim was massive asset when things are going well.

2 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

My take is, Naismith can struggle to motivate players before a game, but gets his finger out second half. I wish he could do it before the start.

Neilson had the same problem before games. 

I'm wondering if its less about that and more about how we set up. Naisy seems very good at responding to issues during the game. He strkes me as a good man manager from how he managed Rowles during his rough spell at the start of the season and Denholm looks like he'd run through walls for him. 

RustyRightPeg
13 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Apart from their last league game at Ross county in which they won 3-0.

See my previous post on the thread. Don't get wide. 

kingantti1874
22 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

I still want him gone. 

Wrong and Moronic in equal measure

3 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Glad he changed things but starting Benni and Hoff at home against Dundee is worrying. 

Was a weird first half - we were pretty much on top before they scored, with Beni linking play. 

But the second half, we upped the tempo so much. Dexter, Oda and Forrest were so dangerous and I loved the overload on the right. That belligerent streak Naismith is somehow instilling in a squad often happy to play safety-first, to come back from 2 down and a pen miss was superb. 

It's not a coincidence that the manager's attitude is rubbing off, look at those away wins. Ad more skill to that doggedness and yeah, quietly encouraged. 

RustyRightPeg
2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Performance wise I meant. They are really struggling under Robson, who has no idea what he's doing looking in from the outside. I follow a lot of Aberdeen fans on Twitter and they've described almost all of their wins this season as lucky rather than dominant.

Pumped 3-0 at home to St Mirren, scraped past Livi 2-1 and a 2-0 victory against Clyde. Yes they beat Ross County 3-0, but Ross County also just lost 3-0 to Partick. Hardly convincing.

I'm not worried about them in the slightest while he's in the dugout. 

@Bazzas right boot

Drylaw Hearts
22 minutes ago, saxondale said:

Exemplary stubbornness.

Why don't you watch Man City or Liverpool play, much more exciting.

Sounds like something Bobby Williamson would say.

Drylaw Hearts
12 minutes ago, sac said:

Who would you like? Sensible answer please,  in relation to our financial resources.

I’ve no idea what our financial resources are……..

Anyway……my statement is still true. We are absolutely horrendous to watch under Naismith.

Fozzyonthefence
27 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

I still want him gone. 

Great idea, let’s sack the manager when we’re on a better run than Rangers and Celtic over 10 games or whatever it is.  What an absolute laughing stock we’d be.  

Drylaw Hearts
18 minutes ago, Ked said:

That wasn't eyebleeding last night.

First half was heartbreaking but midweek game against Dundee on a miserable night was entertaining.

We're winning mate and Naismith knows what he's doing.

I’m not just talking about last night……whilst we have been getting results we aren’t exactly easy on the eye at any point this season.

Drylaw Hearts
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Wrong and Moronic in equal measure

You think we’re good to watch ?

We don’t really start games well…..we don’t ever look like giving teams a hammering…..we are spending more money than most teams and are scrapping by.

Naismith has conceded we struggle to break down teams that sit in at Tynecastle……we aren’t Real flippin Madrid and these teams that sit in seem to cause us real problems.

He stated when he got the job he wanted us to be attacking and play good football…….i wonder what happened to that philosophy.

saxondale
11 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

Sounds like something Bobby Williamson would say.

Nah, just someone that loves their club unconditionally.

As opposed to a stubborn man-baby with no sense of perspective.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

I’ve no idea what our financial resources are……..

Anyway……my statement is still true. We are absolutely horrendous to watch under Naismith.

I’d agree the football has generally been a pretty poor watch this season but to want a manager on a great run of form sacked is madness.  

Naismith should be (and generally is) getting a lot of credit for turning things around while still having a weaker squad available to him than what Neilson had available last season.  I’m sure once everyone is fit (we’ve got 5 / 6 starters out at the moment) and he gets one or two of his own players in that we can look forward to more performances like we got against Ross County, Aberdeen and Celtic at the end of last season again.  Only the most miserable of miserable gits wouldn’t enjoy that football but yes it does still seem night and day to this season’s performances.