Top Posters In This Topic

• mitch41

• Drylaw Hearts

• RustyRightPeg

• Sid

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rocky jamboa

Yeah, he made the right changes at the right time. We seem to have a bit of a winning mentality under him also. 

I remember a game under Neilson when we were down at home v Dundee, with around 10 mins to go, and there was no real urgency or desire to get the equaliser. You can't say that about last night.

You can't blame him either for the 2 sloppy goals we lost. 

I like him. He's getting the best out of players and good to see him starting to give the young lads opportunities. Hopefully that continues.

1 minute ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Yeah, he made the right changes at the right time. We seem to have a bit of a winning mentality under him also. 

I remember a game under Neilson when we were down at home v Dundee, with around 10 mins to go, and there was no real urgency or desire to get the equaliser. You can't say that about last night.

You can't blame him either for the 2 sloppy goals we lost. 

I like him. He's getting the best out of players and good to see him starting to give the young lads opportunities. Hopefully that continues.

The change in intensity was noticeable instantly in the second half. 

Under Neilson, there is no way we win that game. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Frankie will be delighted at the teams preparations for when he takes back over the job, another European campaign coming. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Before half time, Beni and Hof were called over for a chat, he was seething. He turned and made quite an angry, disgsuted gesture as he turned back to the dugout. 

Whatever he is as a coach, he is a winner and we wont be suffering the lack of motivation in the first half for prolonged spells

Said it on the match thread last night, there’s a lot more to like about Naismith than not.

There’s far too many fans ready to jump all over the manager every time things aren't going our way, so many desperate to be right and have a massive pop at the board.

His record is absolutely outstanding over the last couple of months we’ve taken more points than the old firm in the last ten games I believe.

Looking at the last two games, typical Hearts performances of the past would’ve seen extra time and pens against Spartans, as we lumped hopeful balls into the area not under Naismith we stayed calm kept working the ball and got the winner. Last night a shocking first half and in the past I’m certain we’d have continued as we were and lost. But he got them going kept us going forward and most importantly didn’t get to 2-2 and think the job was done.

Hes calm in every interview, regardless of the result, he’s composed in the dig out and he clearly thinks about the game.

All this with a squad built for a previous manager. In his first window he looks to have found (at last) a proper right wing back. The football style is certainly developing and you can see when the right players are available he can switch the tempo of the game. 

I’ve really taken to him, I believe good things are coming under his stewardship. 

Ron Burgundy

Glad he changed things but starting Benni and Hoff at home against Dundee is worrying. 

RustyRightPeg

He's definitely got the players respect that's for sure. They dig in for him, although it's frustrating it sometimes takes a 2 goal deficit. Particularly at home.

kingantti1874

Anyone who doubts how should get along to the next open evening.

Everything he makes says sense. A very impressive guy and will go on to be recognised as a top manager / coach. 

This can’t be down to him he doesn’t have his badges. Only managed a low-league team and the Board are all crap. 

Someone else must be responsible for : - 

1.  Being third in league. 

2.  Being 8 points clear of 4th 
3.  Signing exciting, attacking right sided wing-back to cover the void. 

4.  Looking to move on squad players (and moved Lowry) 

5.  Making right subs at right time. 
6.  Blooding Academy youth in a controlled way. 
7.  Taking no bull from under-performers (Beni and Hoff last night, Snoddy previously). 

Naismith oot. 
Board oot 

Get the plane oot. 

this is not aimed at the doubters. This is aimed at the absolute frothers, especially those who thought personal abuse at anything Hearts when we lost our first game under new management was the way to go. 

1 minute ago, Sid said:

This can’t be down to him he doesn’t have his badges. Only managed a low-league team and the Board are all crap. 

7.  Taking no bull from under-performers (Beni and Hoff last night, Snoddy previously). 

Naismith oot. 
Board oot 

Get the plane oot. 

this is not aimed at the doubters. This is aimed at the absolute frothers, especially those who thought personal abuse at anything Hearts when we lost our first game under new management was the way to go. 

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Famous 1874

A noticeable improvement in his in-game changes and subs. 

If he can improve on our starting team and tactics then we are onto a winner here imo. Screams a cup win. 

Had to start Grant and Forrest last night. 

10 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Said it on the match thread last night, there’s a lot more to like about Naismith than not.

There’s far too many fans ready to jump all over the manager every time things aren't going our way, so many desperate to be right and have a massive pop at the board.

His record is absolutely outstanding over the last couple of months we’ve taken more points than the old firm in the last ten games I believe.

Looking at the last two games, typical Hearts performances of the past would’ve seen extra time and pens against Spartans, as we lumped hopeful balls into the area not under Naismith we stayed calm kept working the ball and got the winner. Last night a shocking first half and in the past I’m certain we’d have continued as we were and lost. But he got them going kept us going forward and most importantly didn’t get to 2-2 and think the job was done.

Hes calm in every interview, regardless of the result, he’s composed in the dig out and he clearly thinks about the game.

All this with a squad built for a previous manager. In his first window he looks to have found (at last) a proper right wing back. The football style is certainly developing and you can see when the right players are available he can switch the tempo of the game. 

I’ve really taken to him, I believe good things are coming under his stewardship. 

Spot on

karipidis
9 minutes ago, Sid said:

Naismith oot. 
Board oot 

Get the plane oot. 

Very good post. I've mentioned it on a couple threads already but another point I would add is the improvement in players (Forrest, Rowles, Atkinson etc). Players seemed to be properly coached and rarely under Robbie would the players improve much. 

I like Naismith. I hope he gets his licenses before our next Euro campaign, but I like him. I really respect a manager who puts aside his preferred tactics to play a style that grinds out results. I now Hearts "should" be in third every season, but what is the stat? Once in the past 11 seasons we've finished over Aberdeen? Third is an accomplishment. A couple consecutive seasons of third and then I'll listen to complaints about lack of ambition.

I wonder his medium term goals. Long term, I bet like any manager he dreams to be leading a Champions League club. But what is his next few years goal? To his massive credit, he is managing this club in a way where it seems he wants to be at Hearts for a while. I know every manager is involved in youth programs, but he seems very committed to nurturing and growing the B team.

Have to believe he made quite a bit of money as a player. I don't think money alone would be enough for a club down south to steal him. I think it would have to be an established second tier side to pry him loose. A midlevel League 1 side with an outside shot of someday advancing need not contact. 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Sid said:

Naismith oot. 
Board oot 

Get the plane oot. 

He’s certainly doing well now and, no intent to pish on your fish supper, but I do recall we were sitting pretty in 3rd this time last year. Implosions can absolutely still happen. No chickens may be counted at this time. We have got to follow through now with a strong finish to the season. We had a poor start, so we cannot take a backwards step back to that.

It does seem like he does now have a very strong grip on things after that sub ideal start.

Fantastic form now and to add an 8th item to your list I would say actually should be at the top of your list:

1. Signed Frankie Kent, which solved the single biggest gaping hole from last season. 

HopeDiouf

I think he did very well to change things and turn it round last night.  Equally, he was the one who sent that team out for first half......

Hector Riva
23 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Anyone who doubts how should get along to the next open evening.

Everything he makes says sense. A very impressive guy and will go on to be recognised as a top manager / coach. 

That do was not sense make mate

4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He’s certainly doing well now and, no intent to pish on your fish supper, but I do recall we were sitting pretty in 3rd this time last year. Implosions can absolutely still happen. No chickens may be counted at this time. We have got to follow through now with a strong finish to the season. We had a poor start, so we cannot take a backwards step back to that.

It does seem like he does now have a very strong grip on things after that sub ideal start.

Fantastic form now and to add an 8th item to your list I would say actually should be at the top of your list:

1. Signed Frankie Kent, which solved the single biggest gaping hole from last season. 

Is a fair point, league table near identical at this time last year (would guess Aberdeen will be fairly close to 29 points by the time they play their games in hand):

image.png.daa7259ede2dfd0da9b7fb5d19c712d4.png

image.png.422873932393821a73912828c77bb86e.png

4 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

I think he did very well to change things and turn it round last night.  Equally, he was the one who sent that team out for first half......

I don’t think there were too many complaints about the team at the start. You can’t legislate for players fannying about or being shite. First half was on them. He made the changes to sort it out, that is where the credit goes because others wouldn’t have. 

HopeDiouf
Just now, Dazo said:

I don’t think there were too many complaints about the team at the start. You can’t legislate for players fannying about or being shite. First half was on them. He made the changes to sort it out, that is where the credit goes because others wouldn’t have. 

can only speak for myself.  I looked at it and said why have we got esssentially 9 defensive players at home to Dundee (ok didn't quite realise quite how much Dexter was all out attack)

Bottom line for me, he's responsible for both halves, not just the second.  But credit for turning it round and getting a result - doesn't happen often.

45 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Frankie will be delighted at the teams preparations for when he takes back over the job, another European campaign coming. 

Won't be an issue as long as Naisy has started the course.

16 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

People love a moan.  Love to catastrophise.  Love to dig out the club.

All the chat about Naisy being the safe, cheap or easy option was utter nonsense.  So wide of the mark.  He was a risk.  But he was a high reward risk.

We aren't going to attract a top manager.  We MIGHT find ourselves at the start of a top manager's CV and that is the feeling with Naisy.  He's not your run of the mill Scottish manager - he wasn't your run of the mill Scottish player!  He's very intelligent and has a massive hunger and workrate.  He also takes no shit.  He has everything he needs to do very very well and I'm glad we're in at the ground floor with him.

Doesn't mean he's guaranteed to be brilliant, but I've always had a feeling he's got a very good chance of being a very good manager

Corstorphine Jambo
31 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Glad he changed things but starting Benni and Hoff at home against Dundee is worrying. 

I wonder if he'd planned over the last few days to start Fraser? Certainly things worked out much better with the change of formation and the subs coming on.

RustyRightPeg
7 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Is a fair point, league table near identical at this time last year (would guess Aberdeen will be fairly close to 29 points by the time they play their games in hand):

image.png.daa7259ede2dfd0da9b7fb5d19c712d4.png

image.png.422873932393821a73912828c77bb86e.png

Provided they win them. They haven't shown anything domestically to show they'll pick up 7 or more points. 

Phil D. Corners
35 minutes ago, Sid said:

Naismith oot. 
Board oot 

Get the plane oot. 

:thumbs_up:

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, Hector Riva said:

That do was not sense make mate

anyone who doubts “him” apologies

feedthefox
35 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Thing about Naismith is he digs himself out of holes with not just the subs themselves but the timings, he's not afraid to hook players at half time when common practise is too often wait till the hour mark. That said I'm still a bit baffled by some of his starting line ups. As you've said Ron starting Hoff and Benni at home isn't very inspiring but worse for me was starting (again) Aiden Denholm, I love his energy level and commitment but he's miles away from starting line up. Tait as he showed is so much more composed and keeps his shape while Denholm just sprints around all over the place all a bit headless. Grant too is miles ahead of Denholm and once again Forrest shows why he such a valuable player and I'd have him ahead of Cochrane every time.

35 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

If he can improve on our starting team and tactics then we are onto a winner here imo. Screams a cup win. 

He said he was saving Grant and Forrest for Saturday - injury and being 2-0 down at HT changed things.

29 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

I like Naismith. He is still trying to change the culture of the players who under Neilson were following the possession at all costs mantra. I do think he was naïve starting the game with a back 3 and rotating the squad by omitting Grant and Forrest who performed well against The Spartans. I thought our midfield with Beni, Hoff and Denholm was too lightweight. I strongly believe in starting our best 11 and use the bench when we are hopefully ahead in the game.

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Was anything said at the coaches meeting thing last week re his pro licence?

I'm sure at the HMSA dinner he said he expected to start this month.

davemclaren
Just now, Dunks said:

I'm sure at the HMSA dinner he said he expected to start this month.

👍

A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Provided they win them. They haven't shown anything domestically to show they'll pick up 7 or more points. 

“They haven’t shown anything domestically”… sorry but…. ? What about their last 5 games of form? where they’ve won 3 out of 5. On that form you’d predict them to pick up exactly 7 points from their 4 games in hand. Yes they’ve got to go and actually do that. But they’ve not shown nothing :lol: 

May one-six

I wasn't happy at the start of the season, especially with away performances in Dundee and Paisley, but have to say he's doing a great job at the moment. The calmness he displays as a coach contrasts with how he was as a player, but I think he's better for it.

There was a lot wrong at the start, but he’s went about making everything right - everything he said would do, he has been doing it and deserves huge credit for that. The Aberdeen loss followed by the Celtic win last month was transformative, it seems like things clicked after that.

He now needs to be more adventurous at home. The 3 at the back is doing the business away from home, but it’s far too passive at Tynecastle. I’ve no doubt he’ll make the required changes just like he as in other areas

Edited by liam11

LarrysRightFoot

When he took over I was excited about the style of play he was trying to implement. 

Then this season started and he reverted to Robbieball - which we often still slip into like the first half last night. It’s  been touched upon by others but I don’t think 3/5 at the back suits how he says he wants to play. 

I have been and still am critical about the lack of tempo and intensity to our play - these are things he says he wants (just like Robbie did) but are rarely seen (2nd half last night was more like walking the walk).

I cannot argue with our recent form, however, performances in general still worry me. 

I am behind him and willing to give him time as there are green shoots of our style evolving, getting rid of dead wood and bleeding youth. 

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

Jim Panzee
59 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

It would appear McKinlay's medication for flatulence continues to work.

Savage back to being good at player transfers etc

1 hour ago, Mac80 said:

Deserves credit for last night. 

Dead and buried at half time. 

This isn’t Naisy’s team yet there are players he needs to get rid of and the finances have been a problem with so much money being paid out on non footballing investments. The vast majority in the polls wanted Naisy to get the managers job and they were right because he is the man to take Hearts in the right direction and that’s all we can ask for.

RustyRightPeg
12 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

“They haven’t shown anything domestically”… sorry but…. ? What about their last 5 games of form? where they’ve won 3 out of 5. On that form you’d predict them to pick up exactly 7 points from their 4 games in hand. Yes they’ve got to go and actually do that. But they’ve not shown nothing :lol: 

Performance wise I meant. They are really struggling under Robson, who has no idea what he's doing looking in from the outside. I follow a lot of Aberdeen fans on Twitter and they've described almost all of their wins this season as lucky rather than dominant.

Pumped 3-0 at home to St Mirren, scraped past Livi 2-1 and a 2-0 victory against Clyde. Yes they beat Ross County 3-0, but Ross County also just lost 3-0 to Partick. Hardly convincing.

I'm not worried about them in the slightest while he's in the dugout. 

vegas-voss
1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Before half time, Beni and Hof were called over for a chat, he was seething. He turned and made quite an angry, disgsuted gesture as he turned back to the dugout. 

Whatever he is as a coach, he is a winner and we wont be suffering the lack of motivation in the first half for prolonged spells

He is quite good at hiding and protecting players when speaking to the media as well.You could see at the end of the Spartans he wasn't happy with the display but you wouldn't have known it from the way he spoke afterwards.

RustyRightPeg
7 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

This isn’t Naisy’s team yet there are players he needs to get rid of and the finances have been a problem with so much money being paid out on non footballing investments. The vast majority in the polls wanted Naisy to get the managers job and they were right because he is the man to take Hearts in the right direction and that’s all we can ask for.

Finances have not been a problem.

He deserves credit for turning it round but ffs our management team once again got it wrong at the start.

Edited by i8hibsh

Even under Neilson it was clear that we are a very decent team when we are attacking but Neilson and Naismith seem(ed) so set on slowing the game down in midfield.  Beni is like their wet dream.

Edited by i8hibsh

JimmyCant

My only remaining concern is how does he drill the team away from these lethargic slow starts. It’s infuriating and if we could just deal with it we’ll give some teams in this league a right spanking 

HopeDiouf
19 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

It would appear McKinlay's medication for flatulence continues to work.

Savage back to being good at player transfers etc

And the one constant, Tagawa still pish :)

Edited by HopeDiouf

Wee Tait could be our own Billy Gilmour, similar stature/physique and kept it really simple, one touch and move into space and made himself available. Good awareness and the right attitude. One for the future with the right guidance and coaching.

1971fozzy

He’s doing super job. I wasn’t happy at the start of season especially after Dundee away but he’s doing superbly. Changing things when we need to. Game changing subs last night when we looked dead and buried.

just need to start games better as that’s a worry. Some players recently not doing nearly enough first 45 mins. Hopefully Saturday sees that change.