Naismith

Mac80

Ok I’ve been holding off saying this but……

I think Naisy is the new JJ. We’ve waited a long time for this, but I’ve think we’ve gone and found ourselves a manager who gets us and demands the standards we as fans want to see. Never say die play for the jersey. 

All those asking for the next level well this is the next level!

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitch41

• Drylaw Hearts

• RustyRightPeg

• Sid

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Jambomuzz said:

What’s his win % in comparison to previous managers? 

Don't know about previous managers but I think it's probably better than Chris Wilder's whom many on here wanted prior to Naisy's appointment

When things weren’t going well the first page of this forum was just poll after poll after poll. No polls now. 

Chuck Berry
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

I think Naisy is the new JJ. We’ve waited a long time for this, but I’ve think we’ve gone and found ourselves a manager who gets us and demands the standards we as fans want to see. Never say die play for the jersey. 

I wouldn't go that far. He's still making too many mistakes for my linking (like Sibbick instead of Halkett today) but you absolutely cannot argue with what he has done the last few months, and the good thing is he does seem to learn from those mistakes. He's certainly proved me wrong.

frankblack
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

When things weren’t going well the first page of this forum was just poll after poll after poll. No polls now. 

Remember the greedy poster who started a thread wanting him out after one game as caretaker? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just now, frankblack said:

Remember the greedy poster who started a thread wanting him out after one game as caretaker? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I do now you mention it. There was a time I thought Naisy wasn’t uo to the job as well but not after 1 game. 

Just now, Chuck Berry said:

I wouldn't go that far. He's still making too many mistakes for my linking (like Sibbick instead of Halkett today) but you absolutely cannot argue with what he has done the last few months, and the good thing is he does seem to learn from those mistakes. He's certainly proved me wrong.

Imagine what we’ll be watching when he stops making mistakes! The one thing he’s got about him that so many managers lack is the ability to turn a game, even if it’s his mistake that’s caused the problem. He sees the game differently to your run of the mill Scottish league managers. He’s got trophies in him, I’m starting to wonder how long until the  weegie media start their campaign to get him shipped out to another team. 10 behind Rangers that’s a worry zone for them! Failed with Shanks Naisy will be next.

hearts attack

Halkett was ill today and probably shouldn't have been on the bench but he wanted to be part of the squad

Chuck Berry
3 minutes ago, hearts attack said:

Halkett was ill today and probably shouldn't have been on the bench but he wanted to be part of the squad

In that case, fair enough. With Kingsley also ill, I hope the bug doesn't spread.

Section Q

An extension on his contract must be on the cards. Think he's on a two year deal.

tiger Rudi
1 hour ago, Chuck Berry said:

I could understand his reasoning for Sibbick starting. Halkett had a mare against Dundee at Tynie. Naismith has shown that it doesn't matter who you are, your place is at risk if you don't cut it. I fully expect Halkett to be starting again very soon and being dropped will hopefully have had the desired effect. 

I wasn't at the game today but by most accounts Toby hasn't grabbed his chance. Useful squad player to have though! 

rudi must stay
28 minutes ago, Section Q said:

An extension on his contract must be on the cards. Think he's on a two year deal.

I'd give him a 1 year rolling contract

3 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

I could understand his reasoning for Sibbick starting. Halkett had a mare against Dundee at Tynie. Naismith has shown that it doesn't matter who you are, your place is at risk if you don't cut it. I fully expect Halkett to be starting again very soon and being dropped will hopefully have had the desired effect. 

I wasn't at the game today but by most accounts Toby hasn't grabbed his chance. Useful squad player to have though! 

Halkett has been sick as a poster mentioned above. 

jamboinglasgow
3 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Something he will hopefully develop going forward. 

Doesn’t matter really if we keep winning. 

Thats one of the things that has most impressed me with Naismith is how he learns from mistakes and often learns quickly. I am certain he will be reviewing how we are not doing as well (or scoring in the first half) and looking to remedy it.

Naismith has exceeded my expectations so far. Though his style has not been what I have thought it would be based on last season, it has proved effective and I do like how his team has evolved over the season. After a poor start results have gone from ok to great. He has a built a great mentality in these players, I would almost say he is trying to get an Old Firm mentality in them (players knowing that fans have high expectations, will be on their back if they dont perform and opposition teams will view them as a scalp so are very defensive) and we are seeing that come over the players. He has got us in a position that has seen us turn our season around and pull away from the rest. He is adding more goals, getting the most out of players and even bringing through youngsters.

Things are looking good, and hopefully we seen him develop even more from here. As the potential is that he could have a great career as a manager (though obviously one bad run of results can destroy that) lets hope we see that.

kingantti1874

Enjoy whilst we have him.  Won’t be long before he starts getting admirers from clubs in England 

tiger Rudi
2 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

Halkett has been sick as a poster mentioned above. 

Was he sick when he was dropped against Aberdeen? 

If fit, I expect him to regain his starting place. Rowles will also be back soon. 

gordon simpson
2 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

and he always has you to keep him right Chuck 

2 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Was he sick when he was dropped against Aberdeen? 

If fit, I expect him to regain his starting place. Rowles will also be back soon. 

Not sure, he had a bit of a howler against Dundee so possibly just dropped.

Naismith might be breaking him back in slowly to be honest , he was out for over a year  

Gorgiewave

How many times have we played well this season?

Massively improved away form, but we lost a two-goal lead against Hibs, conceded two goals at home to Ross County and Dundee, lost at home to Motherwell, scraped a win against Spartans,

Yes, we're on a good run, but without ever looking like a good team and against some real rubbish (including, by their standards, Rangers and Celtic).

Judge again in a year.

Chuck Berry
16 minutes ago, gordon simpson said:

and he always has you to keep him right Chuck 

Absolutely. Win - Win for him.

Chuck Berry
17 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Rowles will also be back soon. 

We were barely conceding with the Kent/Rowles CH combo.

If Rowles is back in the country by tomorrow (it's only a 7 hour flight from Doha and Australia were eliminated Friday afternoon), then he should be in contention for Wednesday.

2 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

Just heard his after match Halketts been ill all week hence Sibbicks inclusion.

kingantti1874
23 minutes ago, Victorian said:

He was probably 2 games from the sack before the Celtic game.  Different gravy now.

so many times we are given reason not be be so reactive. 

By The Light..

24 points from 12 Away in league so far and a few cup games as well 

We only had 9 more points last season when the league was finished, than we do now

😁

Away Form.jpeg

Edited by By The Light..

jamboinglasgow
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

so many times we are given reason not be be so reactive. 

also dont buy the narrative that he was two games from the sack before the Celtic game considering prior to the two league games before Celtic we had won the last 4 league games. We were looking improved if a bit unspectacular and arguably the Aberdeen game was the only one which he were really poor (Rangers at home was not great but its normally to be expected against the Old Firm.)

David McCaig
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I posted a poll after Motherwell at home where my personal view was that Naismith should be sacked.

For context I then ran a poll after Motherwell away where I said that I was wrong to call for Naismith to go.  Support for Naismith had surged to 85% plus by this point.

Since then Naismith has gone from strength to strength so any poll would be somewhat pointless... And I'm to busy wiping egg of my face and eating my hat*

*genuinely ecstatic that Naismith has turned things around

Edited by David McCaig

6 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Just heard his after match Halketts been ill all week hence Sibbicks inclusion.

Because of his inclusion?

Pete Elliott
24 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

Massively improved away form, but we lost a two-goal lead against Hibs, conceded two goals at home to Ross County and Dundee, lost at home to Motherwell, scraped a win against Spartans,

Yes, we're on a good run, but without ever looking like a good team and against some real rubbish (including, by their standards, Rangers and Celtic).

Judge again in a year.

You can stick your “performances” nonsense right up your farter 👍🏻

CloustonHMFC
49 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

also dont buy the narrative that he was two games from the sack before the Celtic game considering prior to the two league games before Celtic we had won the last 4 league games. We were looking improved if a bit unspectacular and arguably the Aberdeen game was the only one which he were really poor (Rangers at home was not great but its normally to be expected against the Old Firm.)

Naismith was never anywhere close to getting the sack, imo.

tartofmidlothian
4 hours ago, Rudy T said:

I think you're spot on in every way. He's edging ahead of Burley and Levein Mk1 for me, but it's hard to imagine a Hearts manager better than JJ.

Remember when Levein was in charge and guys like Clare and the rest were talented, but we wished they all had Naisy's winning mentally? Well the whole club has it now and it's a beautiful thing 

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, Gorgiewave said:

Judge again in a year.

We are not swashbuckling, but we are certainly dogged.

We are proving ourselves as best of the rest which is step 1.

I am still looking over my shoulder, 12 points above 4th, why am am I doing that.

Pete Elliott
10 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I am still looking over my shoulder, 12 points above 4th, why am I doing that?

Are you a big Mike and the Mechanics fan?