Naismith

Mac80

Drylaw Hearts
7 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Great idea, let’s sack the manager when we’re on a better run than Rangers and Celtic over 10 games or whatever it is.  What an absolute laughing stock we’d be.  

We aren’t going to get rid of him.

That ship has sailed because we are somehow getting mostly positive results without being anywhere an exciting team to watch..

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitch41

• Drylaw Hearts

• RustyRightPeg

• Sid

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JimmyCant
6 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

I’ve no idea what our financial resources are……..

Anyway……my statement is still true. We are absolutely horrendous to watch under Naismith.

It’s not just us mate. The quality in the league overall is pretty shite. Way too much fear football because the consequences of going down are pretty big. There hasn’t been a really watchable football team in this league, outwith some versions of the OF, since around 2005/06

if you want aggressive swashbuckling football there’s a couple of clubs 45 miles away who occasionally suit your needs. even then it not every game and there’s the baggage to deal with

1 minute ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

You think we’re good to watch ?

We don’t really start games well…..we don’t ever look like giving teams a hammering…..we are spending more money than most teams and are scrapping by.

Naismith has conceded we struggle to break down teams that sit in at Tynecastle……we aren’t Real flippin Madrid and these teams that sit in seem to cause us real problems.

He stated when he got the job he wanted us to be attacking and play good football…….i wonder what happened to that philosophy.

I don't go away games much these days but I bet those that do have enjoyed it a bit more under Naismith.

1 minute ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

We aren’t going to get rid of him.

That ship has sailed because we are somehow getting mostly positive results without being anywhere an exciting team to watch..

Whats more important?

Being exciting or winning? 

13 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

I’ve no idea what our financial resources are……..

Anyway……my statement is still true. We are absolutely horrendous to watch under Naismith.

Same question, who do you suggest as manager?

Drylaw Hearts
1 minute ago, Ked said:

I don't go away games much these days but I bet those that do have enjoyed it a bit more under Naismith.

The results.

The performances…..imo….are eye bleeding.

33 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

The football under Naismith is eye bleeding stuff.

I still want him gone. 

Frothers/trolls arrive made it at last. 
if you can’t see what he’s moving towards, your seat is either at Easter Road or not facing the pitch. Not there yet but 3 goals, one chopped off, penalty missed hardly eye-bleeding. 
fire up the plane tho. 

Drylaw Hearts
1 minute ago, Mac80 said:

Whats more important?

Being exciting or winning? 

Winning is always more important.

But it would nice to have some performances where Frankie Kent doesn’t see more of the ball than the guys in attacking areas of the pitch.

My point is the football on show is really poor……really really poor. We are grinding out results rather than giving the fans reasons to get out their seats.

Naismith says the HT atmosphere last night was toxic……I think it’s been like that for a lot of home matches because people aren’t really enjoying the 90 minutes…..just the 90th minute when the ref blows the whistle.

JimmyCant
3 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

The results.

The performances…..imo….are eye bleeding.

We’re trying to build a team after YEARS of waste and neglect and bad recruitment of players and managers. The first step to that is getting a winning team and building on it bit by bit.

I think we’re getting there but the BIG objective right now is consistently getting 3rd place. If that has to be done by grinding it out most weeks because you’re playing horrible teams most weeks then that’s the way it has to be

Drylaw Hearts
5 minutes ago, Sid said:

Frothers/trolls arrive made it at last. 
if you can’t see what he’s moving towards, your seat is either at Easter Road or not facing the pitch. Not there yet but 3 goals, one chopped off, penalty missed hardly eye-bleeding. 
fire up the plane tho. 

Moving forward by still making the same mistakes and it takes us to go down by 2 goals until the players get the finger out.

That first 45 minutes last night was horrendous and don’t tell me you thought otherwise.

the posh bit
4 hours ago, Sid said:

This can’t be down to him he doesn’t have his badges. Only managed a low-league team and the Board are all crap. 

Someone else must be responsible for : - 

1.  Being third in league. 

2.  Being 8 points clear of 4th 
3.  Signing exciting, attacking right sided wing-back to cover the void. 

4.  Looking to move on squad players (and moved Lowry) 

5.  Making right subs at right time. 
6.  Blooding Academy youth in a controlled way. 
7.  Taking no bull from under-performers (Beni and Hoff last night, Snoddy previously). 

Naismith oot. 
Board oot 

Get the plane oot. 

this is not aimed at the doubters. This is aimed at the absolute frothers, especially those who thought personal abuse at anything Hearts when we lost our first game under new management was the way to go. 

Magnificent. 

Drylaw Hearts
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

We’re trying to build a team after YEARS of waste and neglect and bad recruitment of players and managers. The first step to that is getting a winning team and building on it bit by bit.

I think we’re getting there but the BIG objective right now is consistently getting 3rd place. If that has to be done by grinding it out most weeks because you’re playing horrible teams most weeks then that’s the way it has to be

Well we are still wasting money imo.

Naismith was no silky player but I had hopes he would at least try and play good football as a manager.

KyleLafferty

Good football is a myth in Scotland. Ange got it but spent millions doing so. We also done it and near enough went bust. Scottish football is all about winning battles, and finding anyway to win a game of football. Which we are currently doing. I don’t think we are a bad footballing side, people just watch the EPL and think we can recreate it.

NaturalOrder74

Things are getting better longer he’s here he’s doing a cracking job it has to be said 

jambo-in-furness

I’m still hoping  the next AF is in there somewhere waiting to come to the surface..  

21 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

Moving forward by still making the same mistakes and it takes us to go down by 2 goals until the players get the finger out.

That first 45 minutes last night was horrendous and don’t tell me you thought otherwise.

Agree it was very poor. 
you saying the second half was eye-bleeding?  

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

The football under Naismith is eye bleeding stuff.

I still want him gone. 

Really, really weird.

Results wise we are on old firm form right now, 16 from 18 is absolutely exceptional, genuinely.

ScottieMac17

As normal... Naismith isn't as good as folk on here make out and he's not a bad as folk on here make out. 

This season the league standard is terrible... Worse than last year in my opinion. We are a point better off than last season and last season we had Europe to take into account. I would also argue, last season (apart from Neilson's last 5 games) we were better to watch... Just my opinion.

This season we are getting the results, last night, Celtic park and arguably the Ross county game shows we can grind out a result, but our performances are shocking, we are terrible to watch and alot of the time the game isn't fun to watch. 

In my opinion Naismith is a middle of the road manager, I don't think he will go on to great things but he will do a job for us. 

The trick for the board is to find a manager who can take the team to the next level once we are stable. (I have no idea who that is but it's not my job to pick a manger it's the boards). Both times under Neilson... Love him or hate him he left us in alot better shape than when he started. Our board have failed to capitalise on this, before with Cathro and now with Naismith. 

Don't get me wrong I'm not banging on Naismith, I would just argue that he is the same standard as Neilson, just a different flavour. 

I genuinely think that under Naismith we will be ok (but just ok)... But will go through runs in a season where he will be a game away from the sack and we will also go through good runs where we look stable on paper. 

Really like Naisy. An absolute winner, the mentality must be contagious. If someone's not picking it up there's something wrong with them and they'll be moved on. Last night it felt like the OF, as soon as we got 1 back there was only 1 winner. 

20 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

As normal... Naismith isn't as good as folk on here make out and he's not a bad as folk on here make out. 

This season the league standard is terrible... Worse than last year in my opinion. We are a point better off than last season and last season we had Europe to take into account. I would also argue, last season (apart from Neilson's last 5 games) we were better to watch... Just my opinion.

This season we are getting the results, last night, Celtic park and arguably the Ross county game shows we can grind out a result, but our performances are shocking, we are terrible to watch and alot of the time the game isn't fun to watch. 

In my opinion Naismith is a middle of the road manager, I don't think he will go on to great things but he will do a job for us. 

The trick for the board is to find a manager who can take the team to the next level once we are stable. (I have no idea who that is but it's not my job to pick a manger it's the boards). Both times under Neilson... Love him or hate him he left us in alot better shape than when he started. Our board have failed to capitalise on this, before with Cathro and now with Naismith. 

Don't get me wrong I'm not banging on Naismith, I would just argue that he is the same standard as Neilson, just a different flavour. 

I genuinely think that under Naismith we will be ok (but just ok)... But will go through runs in a season where he will be a game away from the sack and we will also go through good runs where we look stable on paper. 

I agree with a lot of your comments. However I believe Naismith is tactically a far better manager than RN. He is still learning his trade and will get better with more experience.

Drylaw Hearts
43 minutes ago, Sid said:

Agree it was very poor. 
you saying the second half was eye-bleeding?  

It was better than the first 45 by a mile but I really don’t see much good football being played.

We have no real flow or link up play. We don’t a single player who is a stand out when it comes to creativity. We are just so slow and boring.

We are nothing more than an industrious side who are grinding out wins. 

Our best winger is a guy who we got from Livingston on a free and he’s so inconsistent he’s on the bench half the time. We don’t have a single player who is a joy to watch when he’s on the ball.

Lovecraft
1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

Good football is a myth in Scotland. Ange got it but spent millions doing so. We also done it and near enough went bust. Scottish football is all about winning battles, and finding anyway to win a game of football. Which we are currently doing. I don’t think we are a bad footballing side, people just watch the EPL and think we can recreate it.

Well said, and bang on.

5 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

“They haven’t shown anything domestically”… sorry but…. ? What about their last 5 games of form? where they’ve won 3 out of 5. On that form you’d predict them to pick up exactly 7 points from their 4 games in hand. Yes they’ve got to go and actually do that. But they’ve not shown nothing :lol: 

Not looking good for them tonight.

Damn, goal disallowed, point stands though. 😄

Edited by cazzyy

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

Not looking good for them tonight.

Damn, goal disallowed, point stands though. 😄

Ffs kickback is full of folk counting chickens before they hatch atm 🤣 some were on here slaughtering our “result” last night… 60 mins into the game! 

6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Ffs kickback is full of folk counting chickens before they hatch atm 🤣 some were on here slaughtering our “result” last night… 60 mins into the game! 

Not worth it.

Edited by cazzyy

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, cazzyy said:

It's 0-0 into the second half, it's not counting chickens to say that it's not looking good for them ffs and for what it's worth it looked like they had just conceded to go 1 down.

If you want an example of someone counting chickens then look a few posts above, some dobber said "On that form you’d predict them to pick up exactly 7 points from their 4 games in hand" 😄

But that’s just based on them taking 9 points from their last 15 just simple maths. I’ll stand by that prediction. Come back to me after the 4 games 😎 Now 1 nil up 

We don’t half have some miserable b******s among our support. We have a manager who has us clear in third, was two minutes away from a win at Ibrox, and won at Celtic and Easter Road, yet there are folk whining about the quality of the football. Jeez.

upgotheheads
6 hours ago, indianajones said:

Wonder what the team talk was like at half time...? Flying bottles etc? Hope so. 

I seriously doubt it. one of his personality traits seems to be to treat people with respect.

6 hours ago, Mac80 said:

Deserves credit for last night. 

Dead and buried at half time. 

This in spades but won’t suit the agenda of some on here!

Bongo 1874

I'm hoping Naismith improves us playing style wise,I prefer when he plays a 4231/ or 433 like at Easter Road second half.

I'm not against playing a back 3 at times away from home,but would argue we are far better, when fully going at teams,and that extra man is better used just of Shankland or in midfield.

Hoping our counter press improves under him too.

We are a good pressing team, but need to improve winning it higher up the park.

Overall I think he will improve us going forward, I have faith in him.

17 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

But that’s just based on them taking 9 points from their last 15 just simple maths. I’ll stand by that prediction. Come back to me after the 4 games 😎 Now 1 nil up 

1-1. :verysmug:

the posh bit
16 minutes ago, S Form said:

We don’t half have some miserable b******s among our support. We have a manager who has us clear in third, was two minutes away from a win at Ibrox, and won at Celtic and Easter Road, yet there are folk whining about the quality of the football. Jeez.

100% this. Some tragic arseholes in our number. 

A_A wehatethehibs
34 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

1-1. :verysmug:

🤣 saved you. you only made half an arse of it 😜

3 hours ago, saxondale said:

Exemplary stubbornness.

Why don't you watch Man City or Liverpool play, much more exciting.

Hey never say that to a fellow Jambo, just a little bit of respect please.

It will be a sad day when attacking/insulting a fellow loyal Jambo by telling him to watch another team/teams is the norm.

2 hours ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

Did you see Naisy pulling Beni & Hof over in the first half and giving them a Kick Up The Back Side, I just wish I could lip read, the look on their faces said it all. Beni went off, injured pride, and the Hof ran himself into the ground and unbelievably a scored a goal. Believe me Big Man Naisy is the man and he’s mainly dealing with Neilson’s players just give the wee man a chance and I believe he’ll improve Hearts. Remember I’m never wrong.

17 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

🤣 saved you. you only made half an arse of it 😜

I made an arse of it? Let's see if they take 8 from their next 12 before we see who's made an arse out of anything. 😄

JimmyCant
2 hours ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

Well we are still wasting money imo.

Naismith was no silky player but I had hopes he would at least try and play good football as a manager.

We’ll always make recruitment mistakes. I think we could make quite a lot fewer but that’s down to Savage, not Naismith IMO. Can’t remember who said it but ‘If you want entertainment, go to the theatre’ I thought we were superb second half last night. Not massively technical but our fight and the entertainment level that came from that fight was as good as it gets.

We’d all like a silkier smoother team who can cut through the dross we’re facing most weeks. For now I’ll settle for results. If you need more than that or something else instead of that, you’re watching football in the wrong city and probably the wrong league

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, S Form said:

This. Folk that spend their Saturday nights masturbating over Match of the Day.

Butterbean1874

It's mental but u just know 1 or 2 bad results the knifes will be out for SN it'll be out of his depth ect,I'd personally rather have a experienced manager in but.......he is turning things around so long may it continue & we get behind him & the team 

Drylaw Hearts
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We’ll always make recruitment mistakes. I think we could make quite a lot fewer but that’s down to Savage, not Naismith IMO. Can’t remember who said it but ‘If you want entertainment, go to the theatre’ I thought we were superb second half last night. Not massively technical but our fight and the entertainment level that came from that fight was as good as it gets.

We’d all like a silkier smoother team who can cut through the dross we’re facing most weeks. For now I’ll settle for results. If you need more than that or something else instead of that, you’re watching football in the wrong city and probably the wrong league

It was Bobby Williamson when he was at Hibs.

And I remember Hearts fans laughing at such a ridiculous statement……..

As for the rest of your post…..it’s just damn lazy. The standard of acceptance has dropped so low that we’re supposed to be all delighted despite our lack of creativity in midfield and having only one striker at the club who looks like he can score with any consistency.

Our midfield to attack options are poor as they’ve been a number of years…..despite us having a bigger budget.

I just don’t think it’s good enough.

Oda be a JT
12 minutes ago, Butterbean1874 said:

It's mental but u just know 1 or 2 bad results the knifes will be out for SN it'll be out of his depth ect,I'd personally rather have a experienced manager in but.......he is turning things around so long may it continue & we get behind him & the team 

They were out at HT last night if you look at the match thread!

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

See my previous post on the thread. Don't get wide. 

" don't get wide"

Settle Petal, untwist your knickers.

Butterbean1874
25 minutes ago, Oda be a JT said:

They were out at HT last night if you look at the match thread!

From zero to hero in 45mins haha

JimmyCant
57 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

It was Bobby Williamson when he was at Hibs.

And I remember Hearts fans laughing at such a ridiculous statement……..

As for the rest of your post…..it’s just damn lazy. The standard of acceptance has dropped so low that we’re supposed to be all delighted despite our lack of creativity in midfield and having only one striker at the club who looks like he can score with any consistency.

Our midfield to attack options are poor as they’ve been a number of years…..despite us having a bigger budget.

I just don’t think it’s good enough.

And your solution is sacking a manager 8 points clear in 3rd ?

Glad you got it off your chest mate but your just wrong on this in so many ways

FarmerTweedy
7 hours ago, Smithian said:

I like Naismith. I hope he gets his licenses before our next Euro campaign, but I like him. I really respect a manager who puts aside his preferred tactics to play a style that grinds out results. I now Hearts "should" be in third every season, but what is the stat? Once in the past 11 seasons we've finished over Aberdeen? Third is an accomplishment. A couple consecutive seasons of third and then I'll listen to complaints about lack of ambition.

I wonder his medium term goals. Long term, I bet like any manager he dreams to be leading a Champions League club. But what is his next few years goal? To his massive credit, he is managing this club in a way where it seems he wants to be at Hearts for a while. I know every manager is involved in youth programs, but he seems very committed to nurturing and growing the B team.

Have to believe he made quite a bit of money as a player. I don't think money alone would be enough for a club down south to steal him. I think it would have to be an established second tier side to pry him loose. A midlevel League 1 side with an outside shot of someday advancing need not contact. 

As I understand it, he's now started the Pro licence course and although he won't be finished it by next season's euro campaign, I believe he can now get dispensation to manage in European competitions in the same way Steven Gerrard did when he was manager of StevenGerrard'srangers FC!

As far as his plans and ambitions are concerned, it's obviously impossible for us to do much more than speculate, but while I've no doubt he'll want to go as far, and to as high a level, and to be as successful, as he possibly can, I get the distinct impression that his thinking is that the right way to do it is to do the job in the best way possible for the overall good of the club he's managing (i.e. us, at the moment), rather than just what's best for himself in the short term.

So I think he's at least as focused on trying to develop players, especially youngsters, as he is on immediate results. Many managers would rather play an average seasoned pro that can fairly consistently produce 6/7 out of 10 performances than bring in a youngster with potential for 8/9 out of 10s but will need time to get there, and will produce some stinkers in the meantime, because those stinkers might cost said manager his job before the 8/9 out of 10 performances start to come.  Not just young players either, even with the likes of Forrest and Grant who are far from youngsters, it seems when they've not really been delivering, he's been keen to work with them to develop their games and help them find form, rather than just ditch them completely.  With Forrest in particular, we're seeing the benefits of that now.  I guess it helps that he's got a board who are supportive of that ethos, and indeed have made clear themselves that they want us to be successful in developing youngsters through the academy.  I actually suspect Neilson might have held onto his job through last season's implosion if he'd been showing similar intentions to try to give a chance to, and to develop, youth players. 

Clear few
8 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

A noticeable improvement in his in-game changes and subs. 

If he can improve on our starting team and tactics then we are onto a winner here imo. Screams a cup win. 

Had to start Grant and Forrest last night. 

He’s a intelligent guy who analyses thinks and attempts to incrementally improve every aspect of our team and performances. Of course he will make mistakes but on your last point if he does not think Forrest and Grant were physically right to start then I will go with his judgement as the man who sees and talks to these players everyday.

I personally think we are lucky to have him and I really hope and think that he may well be the next manager to bring silverware back to the famous.

Mark my words we will be greeting when he’s coaxed down South by Championship club.

FarmerTweedy
8 hours ago, Dunks said:

I'm sure at the HMSA dinner he said he expected to start this month.

I'm sure McKinlay said at the AGM that he'd started it, but maybe he just said he'd enrolled on it! Can't remember for sure now, but he definitely said Europe wouldn't be a problem for next season!