Oda

tartofmidlothian

cosanostra

His reaction was superb. You can see how much it meant to him.

Got to keep it going now.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• innerjambo

• jamboinglasgow

• Pasquale for King

wattie exploited
3 hours ago, WDJ87 said:

Happy for him and Hoff, both taken some stick recently. One bad game and you're written off these days

on Saturday he was pretty poor ,tonight was like how he played at the end of last season attacking and running past players :rifle:

Folk need to remember he’s a young guy who’s moved to the other side of the world into a completely different culture and only been here a year - his development is going to be a long term project, he’s going to lose form at times but he’s rated for a reason and all the chat about punting him etc is premature 

tartofmidlothian
5 hours ago, Sooks said:

He takes pelters from idiots 

Fair point, he has looked low on confidence though.

It was great to see the way the other players celebrated with him.

Drylaw Hearts
5 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Folk need to remember he’s a young guy who’s moved to the other side of the world into a completely different culture and only been here a year - his development is going to be a long term project, he’s going to lose form at times but he’s rated for a reason and all the chat about punting him etc is premature 

Half of our attacking players fall under that bracket…..which is why we’ve looked completely disjointed in the final third of pitch all season.

We can’t afford to have too many of these types of players…..but we do.

We need much better than Oda.

Japan Jambo
10 hours ago, WDJ87 said:

Happy for him and Hoff, both taken some stick recently. One bad game and you're written off these days

Hoff has only had one bad game? It's a short path from glue factory to deification on here! 😁

13 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

He took pelters at the weekend and he's been lacklustre recently, so kudos to him for being our match winner today. I really like him on his day.

Agreed ..... needs a run of consecutive games - only then will we find if he is the right person to keep. Maybe bring him on for penalties if hes not playing (joking) as Shankland should be taken off duty even temporarily - and im not joking about that part 

2 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Hoff has only had one bad game? It's a short path from glue factory to deification on here! 😁

I didn't say that. I was pointing out how fickle fans can be

4 hours ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

Half of our attacking players fall under that bracket…..which is why we’ve looked completely disjointed in the final third of pitch all season.

We can’t afford to have too many of these types of players…..but we do.

We need much better than Oda.

Oda's fine and at long last can link with a RWB/RB with purpose. I think he'll kick on now.Tagawa on the other hand is more of a worry.

DalryJambo
12 hours ago, BudgeUp said:

He needs a run of games and this rotational first team does eff all for him.

100% disagree. Putting new players in game after game after game does nothing positive for them (for the most part).  Slowly introducing players with 20 minutes, 30 minutes, a half, a few starts, back to the bench, removes pressure from new players whilst they get up to speed. 

There's an added pressure from fans to get new players in from the start as they are willing to dream every new signing will be their next hero, but in reality a season of 20 to 30 minutes per game with the odd start here and there will provide the best opportunity for success for most players. The majority of our signings/emerging youngsters have been far better in their second and third seasons at the club.

Drylaw Hearts
59 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Oda's fine and at long last can link with a RWB/RB with purpose. I think he'll kick on now.Tagawa on the other hand is more of a worry.

“Fine”

Hardly a ringing endorsement.

He’s not consistent enough and we need much better. If Naismith wants to work with a smaller squad we can’t be relying on too many players that fall in the “fine” category.

I doubt Oda would be a certain starter for a number of teams below us and it’s time folk stopped kidding themselves.

Ship him home in the summer.

I think he is a decent player and is a bit hot and cold but most match winners are.

Oda is a definite keep for me I like him and he is a match winner.

Japan Jambo
1 hour ago, WDJ87 said:

I didn't say that. I was pointing out how fickle fans can be

👍

1 hour ago, mr fox said:

I think he is a decent player and is a bit hot and cold but most match winners are.

Agreed. He had a poor spell but he definitely has a bit about him. Too many knee jerkers on here who constantly want to ship people out after a couple of poor games. 

TexasAndy
2 hours ago, mr fox said:

Agree with this.

8 hours ago, DalryJambo said:

100% disagree. Putting new players in game after game after game does nothing positive for them (for the most part).  Slowly introducing players with 20 minutes, 30 minutes, a half, a few starts, back to the bench, removes pressure from new players whilst they get up to speed. 

There's an added pressure from fans to get new players in from the start as they are willing to dream every new signing will be their next hero, but in reality a season of 20 to 30 minutes per game with the odd start here and there will provide the best opportunity for success for most players. The majority of our signings/emerging youngsters have been far better in their second and third seasons at the club.

I think with the exception of Vargas' recent run, our attackers outwith Shankland have struggled this season due to not getting a run of games.

I also understand your opinion and agree ordinarily but Oda hit a fine run of form at the tail end of last season after finding his feet, and has not reached those levels this year. 

Thus forum was genuinely excited about Oda last season, after the spartan game this forum was laughable with the opinion that he should GTF

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Outstanding today against Motherwell, what a cameo.

Yep, superb. Him, Vargas and Atkinson changed the game. 

It was a great performance. I think he does his best work from the bench tbh! Made a big impact a few times this season when he's been brought on. 

Agreed. Oda and Vargas just ran at Motherwell but done it with quality rather than running with their heads down. Well done to both

jock _turd

Played well when he came on , maybe should have had a goal and defo the best I have seen him today.

Bluesy1874

Standard winger, hot and cold but he was fantastic today. His pace and running turned the game. 

Just now, innerjambo said:

Oda and Vargas changed the game. 

The managers substitutions changed the game. 

innerjambo
Just now, GinRummy said:

Add Atkinson to that as well imo. 

Yep, Atkinson and Oda ran them ragged down that wing.

tiger Rudi

Excellent today, I've been critical in the past but if he can get a bit of consistency, he'll do just fine. 

12 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

My motm today

Cant disagree. So many candidates today, Rowles, Kent, Vargas, Atkinson and Oda were all excellent. 

Fantastic performance from

Oda today! 👍

Jackhmfc1348

Good to see theirs still a player in Oda 

suppose he is still young but it’s good to see even when benched he comes on and makes an impact 

good mentality 👏

his next steps aware to play like that from the start. I suppose it is hard as at the start of the game every player is full of energy 

spirt of 98
On 24/01/2024 at 00:18, Sooks said:

He reminds me of a taller Miko . That is not an insult either 

Miko was streets ahead of him. Miko and Chesney would stroll into this team. 

Benny Klack
15 hours ago, Craig_ said:

Yep, superb. Him, Vargas and Atkinson changed the game. 

💯 

Changing to a back 4 and bringing these guys on changed everything. Well done Naismith.

Oda and Akky were like men possessed in that second half. Really looked like they were playing for their places - great stuff 👏

Berrassobad
On 23/01/2024 at 21:55, tartofmidlothian said:

He took pelters at the weekend and he's been lacklustre recently, so kudos to him for being our match winner today. I really like him on his day.

boys class in a class squad - end of