Oda

tartofmidlothian

BackOfTheNet
9 hours ago, Jackhmfc1348 said:

Good to see theirs still a player in Oda 

suppose he is still young but it’s good to see even when benched he comes on and makes an impact 

good mentality 👏

his next steps aware to play like that from the start. I suppose it is hard as at the start of the game every player is full of energy 

He’s young, he’s adapting and acclimatising and he’s a winger (most of the time) who are notorious for being inconsistent. Even McKay is inconsistent. That’s why we have a squad, if it’s not working for him, someone can come on and change it up and vice versa.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• innerjambo

• jamboinglasgow

• Pasquale for King

ScandinavianJambo
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

He’s young, he’s adapting and acclimatising and he’s a winger (most of the time) who are notorious for being inconsistent. Even McKay is inconsistent. That’s why we have a squad, if it’s not working for him, someone can come on and change it up and vice versa.

He is a fantastic impact sub and should be used as such. Like most wingers he is inconsistent, but how many corners and throw ins did he force yesterday? He was tormenting Motherwell, which was a delight to see. 

stevie1874

Good to see him finally using his undoubted pace. Couple of times yesterday he just put the ball past the defender and chased it down. Had the beating of his man easily. 

Corstorphine Jambo

The most consistent moan about Oda from fans is his tendency to chop back on himself rather than trust his pace against the defender. 
Yesterday he did trust his pace and contributed very well to a great second half. Hopefully the penny has dropped

• 1 month later...

It's gone under the radar a bit, but Oda has averaged better than a goal every other game this season going by minutes played.

And if you go back to the last game of last season, he's got 6 goals in the equivalent of 10.5 league games.

Hasn't had a lot of minutes this season, but that's very good going.

Screenshot_20240413-174209.png

Bongo 1874
1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

It's gone under the radar a bit, but Oda has averaged better than a goal every other game this season going by minutes played.

And if you go back to the last game of last season, he's got 6 goals in the equivalent of 10.5 league games.

😉.

colinmaroon
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

😉.

He should certainly play before Forrest. 

innerjambo

I like Oda, definitely a talent there, and definitely worth persisting with. 

Bongo 1874
9 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Rotation needed,get a couple solid central midfielders in and a player like Armstrong,we are sorted.

Good squad when they press and play with tempo,most won't live with us when we do.

Edited by Bongo 1874

CostaJambo

As well as his attacking ability Oda doesn't mind tracking back and making a nuisance of himself when we are off the ball, which I like.

Pans Jambo

If we want to REALLY kick on. Oda is just not good enough. Im not slating him. But hes not what we need. We need better. 

On 18/02/2024 at 08:45, Berrassobad said:

boys class in a class squad - end of

My kinda post and my kinda poster 

Oda is a bit inconsistent but what wide player isn’t. 

Think he is a terrific player for us and hope he stays on very useful player and can score.

On 23/01/2024 at 23:44, Sooks said:

He takes pelters from idiots 

Yip clueless morons 

GinRummy

He’s a good player.  He can get better. If he was a product of our academy he’s get a lot more leeway on here. 

Bongo 1874
38 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

If we want to REALLY kick on. Oda is just not good enough. Im not slating him. But hes not what we need. We need better. 

Strongly disagree.

Bongo 1874

I'm hoping both Oda&Tagawa are successful at Hearts,and get the club nice fee's 🙂

Deevers
47 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Sorry, but you are wrong. I reckon we are starting to see a very good player there.,

Australis
10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I'm hoping both Oda&Tagawa are successful at Hearts,and get the club nice fee's 🙂

If we could beef and bulk them up a bit would help IMO.

Great seeing Oda's pace today and delighted he got his goal.

11 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Then we can afford to pay Eamonn Brophy 15k a week.

SomethingAboutObua
6 minutes ago, Australis said:

If we could beef and bulk them up a bit would help IMO.

Great seeing Oda's pace today and delighted he got his goal.

Definitely, Oda tried to turn a player today and fell over with the contact. If that was McKay or someone doing it he probably would have beaten him but Oda's still on the slight side 

Funnily enough I thought Tagawa looked heavier today actually, though could just be from not playing much.

Bongo 1874
11 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Then we can afford to pay Eamonn Brophy 15k a week.

You mean Mowatt & Campbell ?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Absolutely 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Harsh, hes a far better player than Forrest for example. 
Once we play to his strengths more, balls for him to run onto he will get better.

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, DC_92 said:

Always like Oda, think he has taken to being in Scotland well, tries really hard when plays and he is scoring more goals then people realise (with todays goal he has scored the joint second most league goals for us with Vargas.) I think he can kick up another level, but I think the team needs to play to his strengths. Surprised he doesn't play more often.

On a related note, though Tagawa today looked like a player in desperate need of players to provide him better balls, got in all the right positions but his team mates either ignored him or played the wrong ball. I think next season with McKay, Dhanda, Spittal and Grant he will thrive on the service they provide. 

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Agreed

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Boys 22. If he had come through Hutchie then our academy and was sitting with 5 goals from 10 starts in his second season, folk would be delighted. 

colinmaroon
14 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Rotation needed,get a couple solid central midfielders in and a player like Armstrong,we are sorted.

Good squad when they press and play with tempo,most won't live with us when we do.

The two simple beautifully executed square balls from Shanks, if that had been Forrest he would have tried to shoot!

pettigrewsstylist

Lad could have had a brace yesterday if not hauled down. 

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

Oda is a weird one. He's a better player than Forrest, he scores more, he's more composed and generally makes better decisions. But a lot of the time when he's been rewarded with a start, he's not made things happen. 

Did well yesterday, so lets hope he can keep it going. 

DalryJambo
14 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

But you can't go from our level to a much higher level in one leap. You need to slowly step up bit by bit. He's a good player, who's getting better and has still got room for improvement. He'll have his time and I'm a few years we might be looking for a high standard for now he's of the right quality.

section s heart
12 hours ago, CMc said:

Boys 22. If he had come through Hutchie then our academy and was sitting with 5 goals from 10 starts in his second season, folk would be delighted. 

True. Oda seems a good lad/ prospect, hasn't been helped by not having a long run of games. 

If he along with Tagawa and Vargas turn out to be at the standard we need, there should be plenty scope for Spittal, Dhanda and McKay to see their runs beyond the last defender. Might transform our attacking play, although wouldn't want to be too one dimensional. 

14 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

You just slated him!

Where do we get the resources to get players that are better. He would be a starter in every other team in our league other than us and the OF.

Pans Jambo
15 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Strongly disagree.

15 hours ago, Deevers said:

Sorry, but you are wrong. I reckon we are starting to see a very good player there.,

15 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Harsh, hes a far better player than Forrest for example. 
Once we play to his strengths more, balls for him to run onto he will get better.

14 hours ago, CMc said:

1 hour ago, DalryJambo said:

But you can't go from our level to a much higher level in one leap. You need to slowly step up bit by bit. He's a good player, who's getting better and has still got room for improvement. He'll have his time and I'm a few years we might be looking for a high standard for now he's of the right quality.

1 hour ago, H2 said:

You just slated him!

Where do we get the resources to get players that are better. He would be a starter in every other team in our league other than us and the OF.

I hope you all prove me wrong. We will see. 

Pans Jambo
1 hour ago, H2 said:

You just slated him!

Seems you are suggesting that Oda is the maximum our resources can get. I disagree. I just want better. 

upgotheheads

I wonder how much the improvement in Forrest has been due to the competition from Oda and Vargas. In the early weeks of the season Forrest was poor and Oda was getting more starts. Vargas' steady improvement has made him a first pick in recent weeks, while Forrest's form has shaded. Oda, on yesterday's form, should start ahead of Forrest next week.

I hope we keep both Oda and Tagawa for next season, I think Oda will be a key player in Europe and I really hope Tagawa kicks on after a year adjusting 

54 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Seems you are suggesting that Oda is the maximum our resources can get. I disagree. I just want better. 

We all want better, we all want players like Messi and Ronaldo at their peak, but we can only shop in the market we can afford. 

On 23/01/2024 at 21:57, 1953 said:

Good game. Blows a bit hot and cold but was hot tonight.

All wingers do he is a very good player 

Edited by mr fox

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

We all want better, if Forrest is the answer then we are asking the wrong question. 

Oda grew into the game yesterday hopefully we see more from him this season.

He is ahead of Forrest for me but behind Vargas.

Impact sub 

rudi must stay

It's always a good sign when a player has a quiet game but also scores 

Bongo 1874
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We all want better, if Forrest is the answer then we are asking the wrong question. 

Armstrong would be a good signing.

Forrest signed new deal,and can be used as squad player,still dangerous when he's in the mood.

And I can't fault his workrate.

21 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

5 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

I hope you all prove me wrong. We will see. 

5 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Thing is, at his age, better doesn’t necessarily have to come from someone else. He’s at an age where he can grow with us. 

Both he and Vargas are on long contracts so that they have time to realise their potential. And now we just signed two players who can cover wide positions who will give them time. 

Personally, I be think he’ll be a cracking player at 24 with another year and a bit to build himself up physically and gain experience. 

35 minutes ago, CMc said:

Thing is, at his age, better doesn’t necessarily have to come from someone else. He’s at an age where he can grow with us. 

Both he and Vargas are on long contracts so that they have time to realise their potential. And now we just signed two players who can cover wide positions who will give them time. 

Personally, I be think he’ll be a cracking player at 24 with another year and a bit to build himself up physically and gain experience. 

Hopefully oda and Vargas will benefit from Dhanda and Spittal providing defence splitting passes

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Armstrong would be a good signing.

Forrest signed new deal,and can be used as squad player,still dangerous when he's in the mood.

And I can't fault his workrate.

Armstrong definitely, probably should’ve looked at him before he went to Kilmarnock. 
Forrest has extremely little end product and should be a squad player as you say.