Oda

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

He took pelters at the weekend and he's been lacklustre recently, so kudos to him for being our match winner today. I really like him on his day.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• innerjambo

• jamboinglasgow

• Pasquale for King

rudi must stay

I am glad he got minutes today he looked annoyed on Saturday when he was subbed. He is a tryer though, so deserved another chance. 

His game is running into space most of the time. He couldn’t do that against Spartans having the last third packed. 

Just get back to being urgent. That is what he was tonight,  it's what he was at the tail end of last season. When he starts he is too safe.

That was a good goal. Should be proud of himself there, won us the game hands down. Excellent tonight. 

Fair play to the young guy, showed some off the roasters on here that wanted him on a plane/airport after Saturday, young man in a different country/culture, language issues, but showed tonight he is up for it.  :facepalm: :getout:

brawlad74

Different player the night. Yes only late sub but was involved in everything. Looks like the bollocking worked and he can do a job. 

Just said on the match day thread that if one player got most credit for the win it would be him. Absolutely fantastic performance. 

Happy for him and Hoff, both taken some stick recently. One bad game and you're written off these days

AlimOzturk

Think he plays better when we actually playing the ball down wings and asking him to take players on. So does Forrest funnily enough. 

What is also funny is the team tend to play better and score goals when we become more urgent and if only we started games with the intensity we showed second half. 🤔

Nessjambo67
10 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Happy for him and Hoff, both taken some stick recently. One bad game and you're written off these days

Unfortunately that’s the long and short of it . To be honest they are not the only ones though not many consistent players in our team week in week out is there ?

Maiden Gorgie
9 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Think he plays better when we actually playing the ball down wings and asking him to take players on. So does Forrest funnily enough. 

What is also funny is the team tend to play better and score goals when we become more urgent and if only we started games with the intensity we showed second half. 🤔

This it for me. We seem to leave ourselves loads to do in games, we are getting away with it for now but would much prefer if we could be on the front foot from kick off.

Helped coming on and not paying as a wingback. He defo looked like he had a point to prove when he came on. Was far more direct than he has been so far this season. 

iantjambo

As poor as he was against Spartans, he never hid. He was always looking for the ball.

He’s just going to be one of those players that’s going to have you tearing your hair out one week and praising him the next.

32 minutes ago, Tazio said:

His game is running into space most of the time. He couldn’t do that against Spartans having the last third packed. 

I said that on Saturday. It doesn't change how poor he was but it does excuse it to a degree. Maybe doesn't have the experience to change it up yet although Vargas seemed to manage v Spartans.

innerjambo

Full of confidence tonight, came on with a mission, no nerves, just looking to get at them. Well done Oda, deserved his goal.

I feel like if Hearts were in European play with squads who would attack Hearts, Oda and Vargas would be brilliant players on the counter.

GarryJ-o-s

He’s only six months older than Connor Smith. Still a young player and definitely has potential.

Not the finished article, but I’m not giving up on him by any means.

ScandinavianJambo
40 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Just get back to being urgent. That is what he was tonight,  it's what he was at the tail end of last season. When he starts he is too safe.

Yes, a great impact sub. If he adds goals to his game of trickery and speed, we might have a player on our hands. I expect him to go hot and cold though as many wingers do. Excellent when it pays of though.

Nessjambo67
5 minutes ago, GarryJ-o-s said:

He’s only six months older than Connor Smith. Still a young player and definitely has potential.

Not the finished article, but I’m not giving up on him by any means.

Exactly I think there’s more to come from him  I’m hoping the same for Tagiwa at 24 I feel he should be doing better 

Famous 1874

Far more dangerous when he drives towards the by-line. 

Clearly been instructed to cut-inside before. 

Drylaw Hearts

We need much better than Oda imo.

His decent performances are drowned by his poor ones.

Edited by Drylaw Hearts

1971fozzy

Last season he came into a great game with Natty so this season he’s not had that.

i was quiet about him after Saturday, as that wasn’t exactly an open football team we played against in Spartans but he did well tonight. 
jury’s out for me but there’s a player in there for sure

Bongo 1874

Oda will play better with someone behind him.

Forrest the exact same as Mckay.

54 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The number of fans that don't appreciate this is incredible. No surprise one of his best games was the end of last season vs Aberdeen. A team that come to Tynecastle and generally don't park the bus. If he could unlock packed defences at will he would not be at Hearts. 

Mikey1874
39 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Just said on the match day thread that if one player got most credit for the win it would be him. Absolutely fantastic performance. 

He did very well. The question is about the team set up. First half was everything wrong about the team. But we played with a calm control and exuberance second half that probably suited him better than normal. How to get the best out of every player remains the challenge.

The boy helped us turn the gane around and earned his crust today.

A good 30 minutes v Dundee however does not negate his countless prior poor performances but tonight at least he gets a

:fonzie:

Just now, i8hibsh said:

The boy helped us turn the gane around and earned his crust today.

A good 30 minutes v Dundee however does not negate his countless prior poor performances but tonight at least he gets a

:fonzie:

Countless? Not like you to lose yourself in hyperbole. 

feedthefox

He rightly gets pelters and rightly deserves praise for tonight, it's up to him to be more than a 5 minute player. He took on more players tonight than he's done all season it's as if someone had said to him he was in last chance saloon, in fact he was guilty of taking on too many players at end! I hope Tagawa has had the same pep talk.

Going back to the Hibs game at the end of last season he's played 688 Premiership minutes (the equivalent of 7.6 games) and scored 4 goals.

That's not bad, especially as some of that was at wing-back.

I'm not sure what his best role or position is yet, but he has something about him.

Pasquale for King

Brilliant when he came on, Vargas was doing well against the Burnley loanee too. 

stevie1874
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Was noticeable tonight that it’s as if he was told get the ball down and run at them from wide positions. Tonight their was no stopping and cutting in he was basically using his pace and directness to great affect and showed what an asset he can be. This is what Boyle at Hibs has made a career of and it terrifies defenders at times. Well played young man 👍

jamboinglasgow

Was great today, I do think he felt his peformance or at least the criticism of it on Saturday because from his moment in the game he was sprinting and fighting for everything. 

It was great to see him being able to use his pace again and that goal was fantastic.

Delighted for him.

Couldn't understand taking Vargas off for Oda. Luckily, Naismith knows slightly more than me 

Delighted for the lad.

Also get it right up the utter weapons few rows behind me ripping him to shreds soon as he came on 

Not a peep after he scored.

Arthur Morgan
51 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

We need much better than Oda imo.

His decent performances are drowned by his poor ones.

Yeah I agree tbh.

1 hour ago, tartofmidlothian said:

He took pelters at the weekend and he's been lacklustre recently, so kudos to him for being our match winner today. I really like him on his day.

He takes pelters from idiots 

tiger Rudi
14 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Couldn't understand taking Vargas off for Oda. Luckily, Naismith knows slightly more than me 

Yes, my thoughts too, when I saw Vargas going off I wondered what the hell he was doing tbh. 😅

Heartsfth

Had a really positive influence on the game. Needs to show more often to be a starter 

maroonsgotop
25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Brilliant when he came on, Vargas was doing well against the Burnley loanee too. 

spot on, on both counts. Well done Oda

OmiyaHearts

He's not been up to much this season but I can't help but like him. Shows for the ball and has bravery and pace. Maybe worth keeping on, if he gets minutes and makes an impact in more games.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Much much better from him tonight, that's what I want to see from him going attacking defenders