*** Asian Cup / Rowles and Atkinson (merged) ***

jamdunc

Seemingly both did ok as subs for Australia today. Kye played 27 mins and natty 12. 

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• jamdunc

• Jamboross

• The Black Prince

14 minutes ago, jamdunc said:

Seemingly both did ok as subs for Australia today. Kye played 27 mins and natty 12. 

Who played in front of them ? Tell me that absolute carthorse Miller didnt get the shout ahead of Natty :lol: 

McNelly15
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Who played in front of them ? Tell me that absolute carthorse Miller didnt get the shout ahead of Natty :lol: 

Burgess of Ipswich stared ahead of Rowles and Jones of Bolton started RB

1 minute ago, McNelly15 said:

Burgess of Ipswich stared ahead of Rowles and Jones of Bolton started RB

Fair enough , never seen them much if at all , so cannot really judge . That Miller is not even close to being a good player 

McNelly15

Burgess is playing every week for a team sitting in second place in the championship so think it’s his spot to lose. I’m sure Natty Acca will start in the competitive games

skinnybob72
3 minutes ago, McNelly15 said:

Burgess is playing every week for a team sitting in second place in the championship so think it’s his spot to lose. I’m sure Natty Acca will start in the competitive games

Burgess is actually Scottish but qualifies for Australia somehow. Town signed him from Accrington and he’s improved massively in the last couple of seasons. 

milky_26
35 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

Burgess is actually Scottish but qualifies for Australia somehow. Town signed him from Accrington and he’s improved massively in the last couple of seasons. 

his family emigrated to australia when he was 11

Phil D. Corners

Good luck to them both. 

Do we get any pennies as compensation for them playing in the tournament? 

:wonga:

soonbe110
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Fair enough , never seen them much if at all , so cannot really judge . That Miller is not even close to being a good player 

Jones is having an excellent season with Bolton by all accounts.  Been a regular for last 2,3 seasons. 

Berrassobad
2 hours ago, jamdunc said:

Hope Devlin finds some mojo - he must be feeling a right tit right now

Edited by Berrassobad
im a fud

Bob Loblaw

I don't think that was a full strength team, quite a few who are regulars started on the bench.

Good luck to both for the tournament.

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, Berrassobad said:

Lucky him...

1 hour ago, Berrassobad said:

All my life, ive ah been kissin

your right tit, cos yer left ones missin...

Superscot

Do clubs get paid compensation for releasing players to the Asian Cup?

I know FIFA pay quite extensively for the World Cup, but couldn't see anything on this one.

AC Mallin_51
12 hours ago, Berrassobad said:

He’s injured is he not?

Gorgie_Rules
14 hours ago, the kings dad said:

Hope they lose every game and are back with us soon 

If they are not starting then definitely in this camp too.

Maroonblood22

Me and the wee fella went along to the Ozzy vs Bahrain friendly in Abu Dhabi last night, the wee man took the Hearts flags and had them proudly on display 😂 Natty and Kye came over for a chat after the game and Natty gave my wee boy his match shirt, a couple of good lads!

They both came off the bench and weren’t really tested as it was already 2-0, but Natty made an immediate attacking impact when he came on and got forward well. Ended up just being a decent paced kick-about before the tournament.

And Boyle took the banter well 😂

PHSCAndy

What a lovely gesture by Natty. 
Hopefully a memory for life for both you and the wee man. 👍

hisnameis
On 07/01/2024 at 05:54, TheBigO said:

oh Boy!

hisnameis
6 hours ago, Maroonblood22 said:

Me and the wee fella went along to the Ozzy vs Bahrain friendly in Abu Dhabi last night, the wee man took the Hearts flags and had them proudly on display 😂 Natty and Kye came over for a chat after the game and Natty gave my wee boy his match shirt, a couple of good lads!

They both came off the bench and weren’t really tested as it was already 2-0, but Natty made an immediate attacking impact when he came on and got forward well. Ended up just being a decent paced kick-about before the tournament.

And Boyle took the banter well 😂

Good to hear. Hope the wee man enjoyed his moment with the players.

Benny Klack

Both Rowles and Atkinson have progressed and looked good under Naismith in my opinion. 

Rowles looked a player when he first arrived but lost his confidence and his way under Neilson.

I’ve always liked NA - he’s obviously better going forward but I think there is a sense of chaos and unpredictability about him that opposing defenders can’t handle. 

Philstampscleaner

I see their last game (group stages) are 23rd Jan, but final is on 10th Feb, so could be away a good while.  Factor in travel, recovery, etc. Big miss on recent form.  Regardless, we need a replacement RB ASAP.

9 minutes ago, Philstampscleaner said:

I see their last game (group stages) are 23rd Jan, but final is on 10th Feb, so could be away a good while.  Factor in travel, recovery, etc. Big miss on recent form.  Regardless, we need a backup RB ASAP.

ftfy - agreed

AlimOzturk
On 06/01/2024 at 19:49, tartofmidlothian said:

He was great in Blackadder.

This didn’t get the credit it deserves. 🙌

Guess The Crowd
1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Seconded.

I P Knightley
On 06/01/2024 at 19:49, tartofmidlothian said:

He was great in Blackadder.

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

I've had a couple of weeks away and wondered whether JKB had a New Year's Resolution to fail to recognise quality posts. 

On 08/01/2024 at 17:20, Benny Klack said:

Both Rowles and Atkinson have progressed and looked good under Naismith in my opinion. 

Rowles looked a player when he first arrived but lost his confidence and his way under Neilson.

I’ve always liked NA - he’s obviously better going forward but I think there is a sense of chaos and unpredictability about him that opposing defenders can’t handle. 

He is the right side, virtually no support and expected to be a great defender while attacking. There's a few players get it in the neck for a crappy set up! Oda/ Tagawa and Vargas get played out of position and little service but aren't good enough....jobbies!

Benny Klack
26 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

He is the right side, virtually no support and expected to be a great defender while attacking. There's a few players get it in the neck for a crappy set up! Oda/ Tagawa and Vargas get played out of position and little service but aren't good enough....jobbies!

Agree with this. Atkinson gets a hard time but he’s decent - just needs played in the right system for him. 

Jack Torrance
On 06/01/2024 at 22:54, TheBigO said:

I've got piles, you've got scabies.

The wean's got the measles and the dog's got the rabies.

The Black Prince
29 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

I've got piles, you've got scabies.

The wean's got the measles and the dog's got the rabies.

Thought I was on the Rangers forum for a moment there...

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

ftfy - agreed

What did you fix? 🤔

Jack Torrance
11 hours ago, The Black Prince said:

Thought I was on the Rangers forum for a moment there...

Lyrics courtesy of The Big Yin, so more likely a Celtic forum 🤢😄

My half sister

Looking at the draw Australia have, Syria, India and Uzbekistan, they are going to be away a while! There is basically only 3 teams in it, Japan, S Korea and Oz. What is the point? 

28 minutes ago, My half sister said:

Looking at the draw Australia have, Syria, India and Uzbekistan, they are going to be away a while! There is basically only 3 teams in it, Japan, S Korea and Oz. What is the point? 

Erm, asks the SPFL Premiership supporter! haha!

The Black Prince
12 hours ago, My half sister said:

Asia is far tougher than most in Europe appreciate - especially  playing away.

In a tournament situation the better teams have a slight advantage but will be confronted by parked buses manned by fit and technically decent players.

Japan, Iran, South Korea and Oz are the top ranked nations but there are plenty more capable of going on a decent run. Saudi, UAE, Iraq, Jordan, Thailand, Uzbekistan et al are tough opponents and Qatar won it only recently. 

I expect Oz to top their group but Syria and Uzbekistan are no pushovers.

Edited by The Black Prince

On 09/01/2024 at 23:44, Dunks said:

What did you fix? 🤔

Backup became Replacement

On 10/01/2024 at 11:42, My half sister said:

Could ask the same of the SPFL

On 09/01/2024 at 21:00, Benny Klack said:

Agree with this. Atkinson gets a hard time but he’s decent - just needs played in the right system for him. 

Much better in the back 5 with the licence to get forward whenever possible and less responsibility defensively. I think it’s exaggerated a bit how poor he is defensively but he’s definitely not as comfortable at being a traditional fullback and plays better with a solid defender at RCB to cover him.

Start of last season when it was him & a badly low on confidence Sibbick as the RCB/RWB pairing they both got exposed, this season with the CBs looking way more solid he’s been able to let the shackles off.

Him & Cochrane are both great athletes and perfect for the wingback roles, especially with us getting them inverting and coming inside the wingers.

Benny Klack
6 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Much better in the back 5 with the licence to get forward whenever possible and less responsibility defensively. I think it’s exaggerated a bit how poor he is defensively but he’s definitely not as comfortable at being a traditional fullback and plays better with a solid defender at RCB to cover him.

Start of last season when it was him & a badly low on confidence Sibbick as the RCB/RWB pairing they both got exposed, this season with the CBs looking way more solid he’s been able to let the shackles off.

Him & Cochrane are both great athletes and perfect for the wingback roles, especially with us getting them inverting and coming inside the wingers.

Great post - strongly agree with this.

kingantti1874

We are a far better side when natty plays, brave on the ball, always shows, makes great run and has improved enormously defensively.  Can he improve further? Of course he can but again we are a much better, more balanced side when natty plays.  We have a lot of stubborn fans who are really reluctant to change minds.  Weird behaviour!!

on the Aussies though Nieuwenhof..  man that guy is the definition of average, slow, timid, weak in the tackle and honestly on the ball offers nothing. And he runs weird. 

I have no ide what we thought he would bring over and above the players we already have. 

Cruickie's Moustache
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

We are a far better side when natty plays, brave on the ball, always shows, makes great run and has improved enormously defensively.  Can he improve further? Of course he can but again we are a much better, more balanced side when natty plays.  We have a lot of stubborn fans who are really reluctant to change minds.  Weird behaviour!!

on the Aussies though Nieuwenhof..  man that guy is the definition of average, slow, timid, weak in the tackle and honestly on the ball offers nothing. And he runs weird. 

I have no ide what we thought he would bring over and above the players we already have. 

Agree, the Hoff hasn't shown anything outstanding as yet.

Seems a bit of a lightweight.

If a lightweight you need to make up with that by having pace, skill and ability in the Scottish game.

Seen a few good passes here and there so still hope he can get to grips with playing here but not holding out much hope based on showings to date.

2 hours ago, Cruickie's Moustache said:

Agree, the Hoff hasn't shown anything outstanding as yet.

Seems a bit of a lightweight.

If a lightweight you need to make up with that by having pace, skill and ability in the Scottish game.

Seen a few good passes here and there so still hope he can get to grips with playing here but not holding out much hope based on showings to date.

I don’t think he’s lightweight at all. He has definitely shown glimpses but he does need to pull it all together. He is a young lad though so may take a little time. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Asian Cup / Rowles and Atkinson (merged) ***