Would you send your child to a private school?

New Town Loafer

il Duce McTarkin
2 minutes ago, doddsyJR9 said:

I'll celebrate when that ******* dies, just as the hard left did when my heroine Margaret did. Scum.

Blair was further to the right than Maggie.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• il Duce McTarkin

• JudyJudyJudy

• ri Alban

• PaddysBar

PaddysBar
2 minutes ago, doddsyJR9 said:

I'll celebrate when that ******* dies, just as the hard left did when my heroine Margaret did. Scum.

Would that just not make you the same as them?

il Duce McTarkin

We need more celebrating when folk die imo.

23 hours ago, doddsyJR9 said:

Hiya pal. Hope you're well Morgan. As you know, Broughton born and bred. Love a good night among neebs. 

23 hours ago, Morgan said:

Unfortunately, I’m completely in the dark here.  🤷🏿‍♂️

1 hour ago, doddsyJR9 said:

It's just that St Marks Park was the border between the YLT Leith Trinity mob, and us the Broughton Boys. We had the duty of keeping them at bay, and we did mostly, had our fair share of casualty's, some more serious than others, but hey ho cowboy. Hope your'e keeping well my man. God Bless the good UK and our armed forces, allies around the world who put their lives on the line to keep an orderly world. 

Doddsy?

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

You are clearly under a false impression that you know me.  

You don’t.

No animosity from me, you’ve just got the wrong person.

doddsyJR9
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Doddsy?

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

You are clearly under a false impression that you know me.  

You don’t.

No animosity from me, you’ve just got the wrong person.

Nae worries pal. I had you mixed up with a brave broughton boy.

5 minutes ago, doddsyJR9 said:

Hi Paddy, would you go a chicken supper Bobby Sands?

Crossan.

It’s Paddy Crossan.

I think you need to read up on your Hearts history, sir.  👍

Just now, doddsyJR9 said:

Nae worries pal. I had you mixed up with a brave broughton boy.

Phew.

I was worried.

PaddysBar

Crossan.

It’s Paddy Crossan.

I think you need to read up on your Hearts history, sir.  👍

And the actual song belted out in the shed started ‘could’, not ‘would’. 

Can’t even get the bigotry right FFS😀

il Duce McTarkin
2 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

Unforgivable imo. 

4 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

We need more correct bigotry, imo.

PaddysBar

We need more correct bigotry, imo.

Indubitably. 

I was just thinking, there’s more bams in the shed than there is in the terrace. 

A frightening thought😂

1 minute ago, PaddysBar said:

Indubitably. 

I was just thinking, there’s more bams in the shed than there is in the terrace. 

A frightening thought😂

That’s pushing it a wee bit, Barney.  :lol: 

Close, like.  👍

Parents who sent their kids to a private school present a triple tax benefit to the state school population. 

1. They likely pay higher rates of tax, aka lots of tax (and use very little public services)

2. They opt out of the state system and finance the creation of their own education, creation jobs as well as offering ample scholarships to kids who can't afford it

3. State schools get the tax money but not the child, so it free's up more places

For folk who whinge, what would you prefer? Once could (even) argue that private school fees should be tax deductible, but we don't. Americans do. 

#reciprocity

4 hours ago, Spellczech said:

It's a bit mad isn't it? Apparently the figure is 50k can speak it another 100k can understand it. Yet there is BBC Alba...and every emergency vehicle has decals in Gaelic... I wonder if it is just for the tourists to take photos of them, for quaintness purposes?

3 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yrs ludicrous nonsense really .

An rud a thèid fad o'n t-sùil thèid e fad o'n chridhe.  Just saying.

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, Deodato said:

Parents who sent their kids to a private school present a triple tax benefit to the state school population. 

1. They likely pay higher rates of tax, aka lots of tax (and use very little public services)

2. They opt out of the state system and finance the creation of their own education, creation jobs as well as offering ample scholarships to kids who can't afford it

3. State schools get the tax money but not the child, so it free's up more places

For folk who whinge, what would you prefer? Once could (even) argue that private school fees should be tax deductible, but we don't. Americans do. 

#reciprocity

Eh? No they don’t. Some absolute wallopers keep expanding vouchers by which you can make local governments help you pay your private school directly. 

It emerged immediately after school desegregation when a bunch of parents wanted to keep their kids from having to go to school with Black kids but balked at the cost and it’s been bouncing from one justification to another ever since.

8 hours ago, New Town Loafer said:

Correct. Changed British society for the worse. A traitor.

Feck your British society.  Well Thatcher well and truly did. And the only traitors here are Scots born brits who betrayed their own country called Scotland. 

7 hours ago, doddsyJR9 said:

The only scum is Thatcher and the Tory party. Id rather she lived forever with the disease that killed her. Feck murderous witch. 

Tick Tock goes the independence clock.

4 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Scottish folk attacking their own again. Pathetic. 

7 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yrs ludicrous nonsense really .

What's ludicrous about it. There's not that many gay folk in Scotland either, yet we allow them to do their thing. Should we stop equality for the gays, James, if it's a numbers game, surely we should.  Let's do away Scots anaw, the true language of Scotland.  Let's stop Scotland's languages and all of the LGBT. Deal?

Edited by ri Alban

il Duce McTarkin

It's between ausseh and that ex US president guy for Kickback's No 1 heid banger imo. Too close to call atm, but if I were a betting man, I'd say poor ri may have to be happy with a runners-up medal. The return of the dynamic duo has pushed the pantomime dame into bronze position, despite his continued best efforts.

Edited by il Duce McTarkin

New Town Loafer
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Christ, you're not so gullible that you still believe the SNP will deliver independence, are you? 🤣

New Town Loafer

Incidentally, was Bobby Sands known to have enjoyed a chicken supper? Strang choice of lyrics if not imo. #imo

JudyJudyJudy

In my new state of calmness I now choose not to respond to inflammatory/ biting replies or comments regarding me .

It just escalates into unpleasantness . 

IMG_6999.gif.905d972f8a1d56f18f78c13e53eba04c.gif.

I’m not playing that game anymore . 

Gundermann
12 hours ago, doddsyJR9 said:

Would be a good start to bringing back personal pride. Nothing wrong with looking as good as you can, healthy body, healthy look. Start with getting Channel 4 off the tv please. A blairite disease of a channel.

Does this pride include speaking and writing the Queen's English properly? Asking for a friend...

Gundermann
8 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Glè mhath.

Scotland literally means 'Land of the Gael'. Mind you, some would rather Scotland or any iteration of Scottishness would cease to exist.

Yet, what flag do we have in our club's crest?

New Town Loafer
34 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Yet, what flag do we have in our club's crest?

None?

Spellczech
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

The only scum is Thatcher and the Tory party. Id rather she lived forever with the disease that killed her. Feck murderous witch. 

I think that ship sailed when Humza replaced Sturgeon and Sturgeon got arrested.

Spellczech
9 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Yep, afraid I have no idea what that means - I can just about manage Poileas if it is written on a police car...

il Duce McTarkin
3 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

In my new state of calmness I now choose not to respond to inflammatory/ biting replies or comments regarding me .

It just escalates into unpleasantness . 

IMG_6999.gif.905d972f8a1d56f18f78c13e53eba04c.gif.

I’m not playing that game anymore . 

Away and fling shite at yersel, jamsey. :lol:

You'll be back on the dark side before the month is out.

Gundermann
2 hours ago, New Town Loafer said:

None?

No Saltire?

New Town Loafer
37 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

No Saltire?

It’s not a flag though, is it? It’s a cross that also appears in the UK flag.

2 hours ago, Gundermann said:

No Saltire?

1 hour ago, New Town Loafer said:

Surely the Saltire can be a flag on its own though?

Gundermann
2 hours ago, New Town Loafer said:

According to the Court of Lord Lyon, it is. And, if it isn't, then what is the Saltire and why is it in our club's crest?

:facepalm:

THE SALTIRE
The flag of St Andrew, the patron saint of Scotland. Blue with a white or silver
diagonal cross reaching to its edges, this is the correct flag for all Scots or
Scottish corporate bodies to fly to demonstrate their loyalty and their Scottish
nationality. Its proportions are not fixed, but 5:4 is suitable. It is correct both to
fly it with or instead of the Union Flag.

http://www.scotarmigers.net/pdfs/info-leaflet-3.pdf

Ever seen this?

post-229-0-98545300-1424217344.png.f79e2

Edited by Gundermann

New Town Loafer
2 hours ago, Gundermann said:

According to the Court of Lord Lyon, it is. And, if it isn't, then what is the Saltire and why is it in our club's crest?

:facepalm:

I was merely saying that the cross itself wasn’t a flag, not that it had nothing to do with Scotland 👍

14 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Yep, afraid I have no idea what that means - I can just about manage Poileas if it is written on a police car...

That's unfortunate, but it's hardly my fault.

I think I am starting to fall in that group that I always disliked . I would have hated to have gone to one myself , but I am pretty tough and I can look after myself . Now that my kids are at primary school and nursery , a bit of me worries about the potential for either of them to get bullied . Basically when it was me - no way . My kids - I would “ consider it “

Makes me a hypocrite probably :D 

i wish jj was my dad
13 hours ago, Morgan said:

Surely the Saltire can be a flag on its own though?

A good education might help you work that out. 

22 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

It's between ausseh and that ex US president guy for Kickback's No 1 heid banger imo. Too close to call atm, but if I were a betting man, I'd say poor ri may have to be happy with a runners-up medal. The return of the dynamic duo has pushed the pantomime dame into bronze position, despite his continued best efforts.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952qh2qtscpebl7vm7pd

I can kill werewolves with the silver 👍

17 hours ago, Gundermann said:

No Saltire?

He's being a wideo, don't bother your arse.

Edited by ri Alban

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Sooks said:

I think I am starting to fall in that group that I always disliked . I would have hated to have gone to one myself , but I am pretty tough and I can look after myself . Now that my kids are at primary school and nursery , a bit of me worries about the potential for either of them to get bullied . Basically when it was me - no way . My kids - I would “ consider it “

Makes me a hypocrite probably :D 

Why?

You have totally different outlooks in life depending on your age. So maybe folk are thinking how they'd have felt at that age, what private school would have meant. Now it is what it is. 

For me All Schools should be top notch, but they're not, money makes the world go round. Unfortunately,  and money rarely wants the poor in their in kingdoms.  Nothing more threatening that a poor man with intelligence,  and the knowhow,  cause their drive will surpass. 

Spellczech
6 hours ago, Ulysses said:

That's unfortunate, but it's hardly my fault.

Wasn't aware I was blaming you. It is simply that very few people in Scotland speak Gaelic

il Duce McTarkin
49 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You have totally different outlooks in life depending on your age. So maybe folk are thinking how they'd have felt at that age, what private school would have meant. Now it is what it is. 

I'd have ****ing hated it as a teenager, I must admit, when I had little or no confidence, little or no academic drive as a consequence, and an enormous council-scheme chip on my sholder.

For me All Schools should be top notch, 

Spot on, ausseh. 

Unfortunately,  and money rarely wants the poor in their in kingdoms.  Nothing more threatening that a poor man with intelligence,  and the knowhow,  cause their drive will surpass. 

See, this is where we disagree. I went back into education as a poor man with reasonable intelligence, a bit of knowhow, a wealth of ife experience, and more drive than was probably healthy. The poshos couldn't have been more encouraging and helpful. What I had mistaken for arrogance was confidence - a 'can do' attitude that me and a load of my mates could've done with a slice of all those years ago. I made some good friends amongst the minor landed gentry, and although I'll never be 'one of them', they'll never been one of me either, and that's no bad thing. My experiences are far from unique, there were quite a few of us schemies mixing it up with the rahs, and don't get me started about the bursds. They love a peasant.

Now there is definately a glass ceiling for us common folks, but it's  a lot higher than you might imagine it to be, and it's certainly not unbreakable. 

Edited by il Duce McTarkin

6 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

I'd have ****ing hated it as a teenager, I must admit, when I had little or no confidence, little or no academic drive as a consequence, and an enormous council-scheme chip on my sholder.

Spot on, ausseh. 

See, this is where we disagree.* I went back into education as a poor man with reasonable intelligence, a bit of knowhow, a wealth of ife experience, and more drive than was probably healthy. The poshos couldn't have been more encouraging and helpful. What I had mistaken for arrogance was confidence - a 'can do' attitude that me and a load of my mates could've done with a slice of all those years ago. I made some good friends amongst the minor landed gentry, and although I'll never be 'one of them', they'll never been one of me either, and that's no bad thing. My experiences are far from unique, there were quite a few of us schemies mixing it up with the rahs, and don't get me started about the bursds. They love a peasant.

Now there is definately a glass ceiling for us common folks, but it's  a lot higher than you might imagine it to be, and it's certainly not unbreakable. 

At what age. I'm not arguing about adulthood. Kids look down each other noses. 

8 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Spot on, ausseh. 

See, this is where we disagree. I went back into education as a poor man with reasonable intelligence, a bit of knowhow, a wealth of ife experience, and more drive than was probably healthy. The poshos couldn't have been more encouraging and helpful. What I had mistaken for arrogance was confidence - a 'can do' attitude that me and a load of my mates could've done with a slice of all those years ago. I made some good friends amongst the minor landed gentry, and although I'll never be 'one of them', they'll never been one of me either, and that's no bad thing. My experiences are far from unique, there were quite a few of us schemies mixing it up with the rahs, and don't get me started about the bursds. They love a peasant.

Now there is *definately a glass ceiling for us common folks, but it's  a lot higher than you might imagine it to be, and it's certainly not unbreakable. 

* It's H from line of duty. :runaway:

😀