**** HMFC Podcast discussion thread ****

Sooks

Pete Elliott
30 minutes ago, Sooks said:

@Laurie and @Skippy Doodle

On the other positions and sports topic . I am almost positive that Henry Smith and Gavin Hastings both played at least one game for the Scottish Claymores . Unless the cheese has completely slipped off my cracker . I might have even been at the game that Henry came on in :lol: 

You didn’t listen to the rules! You’re as bad as Donkey! 😡

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Skippy Doodle

• Sooks

• This is My Story Podcast

• copa-mundial

4 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

You didn’t listen to the rules! You’re as bad as Donkey! 😡

Not the first time I had been compared to a donkey ……….  Sadly nothing to do with my anatomy :( 

Can I just point out that Broken Hearts podcasts Kickback review is great entertainment :lol:

copa-mundial
On 01/02/2024 at 15:55, Sooks said:

Can I just point out that Broken Hearts podcasts Kickback review is great entertainment :lol:

"Away and don't talk a lotta shite" 🤣

Clear few

Come on Jambos podcasters get yer finger oot!

I’ve got a couple of jobs on tomorrow and could do really so with some good listens!!!!!! 😉HHGH

(partially in jest!) 

2 hours ago, Clear few said:

I’ve got a couple of jobs on tomorrow and could do really so with some good listens!!!!!! 😉HHGH

(partially in jest!) 

Scarves Around the Funnel coming your way tomorrow... 😘

Clear few
9 hours ago, Laurie said:

Scarves Around the Funnel coming your way tomorrow... 😘

Cheers Laurie, appreciate all the efforts! 

copa-mundial
11 hours ago, Clear few said:

(partially in jest!) 

Broken Hearts dropped last night, and Hearts Standard review of the weekend has been released too. Both real good listens 

This is My Story Podcast

We will have this weeks offerings up today as well. If you aren’t found of gushing praise for Shankland and Naismith, this week is best avoided haha! 

WageThief
13 hours ago, Clear few said:

(partially in jest!) 

You can pass the time by bathing in the tears of the longbangers and downtheslope podcasts which got uploaded yesterday. 

Clear few
23 minutes ago, WageThief said:

You can pass the time by bathing in the tears of the longbangers and downtheslope podcasts which got uploaded yesterday. 

Tbf I have done that in the past😁, its a guilty pleasure listening to the tears and snotters, like a warm bath.

After a derby gubbing it’s particularly pleasant 😚🍆

I often feel greatful that but luck and a more pushy grandad on the other side of the family I could have ended as one of those poor unfortunates…….

Some really good stuff from the pods this last seven days or so . Started getting quite in to the dry style of the Broken Hearts pod . Quite enjoy it 

55 minutes ago, Clear few said:

Tbf I have done that in the past😁, its a guilty pleasure listening to the tears and snotters, like a warm bath.

After a derby gubbing it’s particularly pleasant 😚🍆

I often feel greatful that but luck and a more pushy grandad on the other side of the family I could have ended as one of those poor unfortunates…….

Their latest episodes are essential reading . You can hear the trepidation and fear in their voices . They ken they about to get well and truly shafted by the Gordon brats and Foley but they can not publicly admit it :lol: 

I would urge anyone who think I have been a bit harsh on this podcast to listen to this . It is the last episode of this podcast from 6 December . The miserable guy is Gordon Sr I believe . You would expect him to have fronted up and been back on and explained his bunch of losers shit wrong . Instead the podcast just ended 

Dallas Green
9 hours ago, Sooks said:

I would urge anyone who think I have been a bit harsh on this podcast to listen to this . It is the last episode of this podcast from 6 December . The miserable guy is Gordon Sr I believe . You would expect him to have fronted up and been back on and explained his bunch of losers shit wrong . Instead the podcast just ended 

I listened to one of these and decided against listening to anymore.

56 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

I listened to one of these and decided against listening to anymore.

The one I put in the post of mine that you replied to is their last podcast . It is genuinely worth a listen just for Gordon Snr and his bizarre takes :lol:

Ross McLeod the host seems like a bright enough guy , but my god the company he keeps 

davemclaren
46 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The one I put in the post of mine that you replied to is their last podcast . It is genuinely worth a listen just for Gordon Snr and his bizarre takes :lol:

Ross McLeod the host seems like a bright enough guy , but my god the company he keeps 

If folk like listening to people giving their amateur opinons, for an hour or so, then good luck to them. Personally, I don't listen to any podcasts. I can hardly tolerate the two or three paragraphs of opinions posted on here. 🥸

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

If folk like listening to people giving their amateur opinons, for an hour or so, then good luck to them. Personally, I don't listen to any podcasts. I can hardly tolerate the two or three paragraphs of opinions posted on here. 🥸

Fair . Personally I absorb any Hearts content I can . I just find the famine and feast nature of this podcast a little bit sad . I believe people should show face good or bad , or their integrity goes out the window 

Edited by Sooks

Dallas Green
8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Yeah that Gordon Snr guy and his takes are bizarre. I don't know what one of them runs their twitter but they seem to have a real bee in their bonnet about the hierarchy at the club.

Which people have every right to have but considering how much things have changed in a short period of time you would think they could admit they got it wrong. Loads of others have eaten their words and done so humbly. 

I ate mine over Forrest from the start of the season and quite gladly have!

Edited by Dallas Green

davemclaren
On 01/02/2024 at 15:55, Sooks said:

I haven't listened to it ( link? ) but I'll be getting our lawyers on it pronto. 🥸😎

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I haven't listened to it ( link? ) but I'll be getting our lawyers on it pronto. 🥸😎

Nah they are decent tbf . The host is well dry and I like him . They do not use usernames either , just give a wee run through of opinion . It is good 

On 08/02/2024 at 13:19, Sooks said:

Gave it about 4 minutes then switched off.  The tosser complaining about us winning 3 of our last 4 games, but only by 1 goal, talk about entitlement.  The fact that they've shut up since then says it all.  Look forward to them coming back on air whenever we have another bad result.

4 hours ago, Strattiesroll said:

Lots of Jambo pods now it seems. What's the best?

Just my personal opinion but SATF and TiMS are the best despite being very different to each other . Next I like Broken Hearts

Perth to Paisley is decent but just not so much my sort of thing . Maybe I am just a bit too old to be the target audience though

Pete Elliott
10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Just my personal opinion but SATF and TiMS are the best despite being very different to each other . Next I like Broken Hearts

Perth to Paisley is decent but just not so much my sort of thing . Maybe I am just a bit too old to be the target audience though

Another shout for Scarves Around the Funnel. Haven’t listened to This Is My Story but iirc it’s Scott McIntosh that does it and he’s good on SATF.

Skippy Doodle
25 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Another shout for Scarves Around the Funnel. Haven’t listened to This Is My Story but iirc it’s Scott McIntosh that does it and he’s good on SATF.

Would love to take credit for it but it’s Liam Corbett that does This Is My Story

cheers for the compliment though

good mix of podcasts available that I think caters all needs

Pete Elliott
5 hours ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Would love to take credit for it but it’s Liam Corbett that does This Is My Story

No worries. Your take on things is always pretty well reasoned and you’re good at playing the straight man to Laurie and Donkey’s more eccentric styles. 👍🏻

5 hours ago, Skippy Doodle said:

One that I really miss is the Monday Night Fitba' podcast, where you were one of the regular Jambo contributors.  As well as the usual weekly review / preview of Hearts and Hibs fixtures, I particularly enjoyed the interviews.  Can't remember the name of the guy who hosted the show, but I always thought he had a very good interview technique.

1971fozzy
11 hours ago, Strattiesroll said:

Lots of Jambo pods now it seems. What's the best?

Broken Hearts is superb. Brilliant listening and all the guys are on it. Jarvie is fantastic with his dry sense of humour. 

Skippy Doodle
2 hours ago, Pete Elliott said:

No worries. Your take on things is always pretty well reasoned and you’re good at playing the straight man to Laurie and Donkey’s more eccentric styles. 👍🏻

That sounds like a back handed way of saying I’m not funny and if it is then you’re right haha

Skippy Doodle
1 hour ago, RobNox said:

One that I really miss is the Monday Night Fitba' podcast, where you were one of the regular Jambo contributors.  As well as the usual weekly review / preview of Hearts and Hibs fixtures, I particularly enjoyed the interviews.  Can't remember the name of the guy who hosted the show, but I always thought he had a very good interview technique.

Yeah Sam was very good

loved doing them and interviews were interesting and at times funny

Pete Elliott
10 hours ago, Skippy Doodle said:

That sounds like a back handed way of saying I’m not funny and if it is then you’re right haha

Not at all 😉

This is My Story Podcast
Just now, Rudy T said:

Podcasts have gone to the wall since we got good, nothing to moan about 😂

Tell me about it haha. Am now moaning about other people moaning about Hearts hahaha we’ve went full circle. 

Just now, Rudy T said:

One of them certainly has . The others are still rolling on 

3 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Tell me about it haha. Am now moaning about other people moaning about Hearts hahaha we’ve went full circle. 

I miss your rants! How about a new feature every week a listener picks a Hearts related topic for you to have a massive moan about! I’ll suggest the pink strip clashes with shanks eyes we need it changed 😂

This is My Story Podcast
47 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I miss your rants! How about a new feature every week a listener picks a Hearts related topic for you to have a massive moan about! I’ll suggest the pink strip clashes with shanks eyes we need it changed 😂

😂😂

Deal. 

Ran out of podcasts to listen to on a run today . So decided to listen to the last ‘ The Hearts Review ‘ podcast back in the 6th December ……………

Telling that there has been no podcasts since , but surely the non moron cast of the group must want to get in to the chat ? Clearly Gordon Senior is a bit of a huffy simpleton , but what about Ross McLeod and the others

1971fozzy
On 15/02/2024 at 11:14, Rudy T said:

listen to the hibs and Aberdeen ones 🤣 they are a hoot

kingantti1874
On 15/02/2024 at 12:09, This is My Story Podcast said:

😂😂

Deal. 

Has Ando cheered up and read the rules yet? 

This is My Story Podcast
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Has Ando cheered up and read the rules yet? 

Petty and ill informed is his character 😂 

I enjoy him spouting nonsense cause it makes me sound intelligent. Think last week he said that Shankland was better than Robbo and Colquhoun 😂 it’s also why we keep Tam around, he makes everyone feel better. 

kingantti1874
30 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Petty and ill informed is his character 😂 

I enjoy him spouting nonsense cause it makes me sound intelligent. Think last week he said that Shankland was better than Robbo and Colquhoun 😂 it’s also why we keep Tam around, he makes everyone feel better. 

🤣 yeah to be fair it’s decent mix and a good listen 

Skippy Doodle

Recording our reaction/derby preview show tonight so it should be up on all the usual platforms tomorrow 😀