**** HMFC Podcast discussion thread ****

Sooks

Richardcobb
19 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Perth to Paisley podcast is as negative as you can get. Their predictions for scores are comedy gold. Rarely ever predict a hearts win. I don’t think they actually go to many games tbh 🤷🏻‍♂️

They’ve been gents and had me on a couple times. Adam and Daniel are both season ticket holders and always at the games. Think it’s sometimes all too easy to be pessimistic with Hearts about upcoming games so there’s the tendency to aim low- particularly when we go through a rough patch so I think they only echo what a lot of us are thinking at the time and it saves egg on the face if we lose. 

Like others have said there’s plenty great Hearts podcasts on offer so if that one isn’t your cup of tea then there’s no harm done. I have to commend them both though for the amount of work they put into it and I always enjoy it when I’ve got time to listen. 

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Skippy Doodle

• Sooks

• This is My Story Podcast

• copa-mundial

1971fozzy
38 minutes ago, Richardcobb said:

They’ve been gents and had me on a couple times. Adam and Daniel are both season ticket holders and always at the games. Think it’s sometimes all too easy to be pessimistic with Hearts about upcoming games so there’s the tendency to aim low- particularly when we go through a rough patch so I think they only echo what a lot of us are thinking at the time and it saves egg on the face if we lose. 

Like others have said there’s plenty great Hearts podcasts on offer so if that one isn’t your cup of tea then there’s no harm done. I have to commend them both though for the amount of work they put into it and I always enjoy it when I’ve got time to listen. 

100% they put the effort in but although I was overly harsh , I always leave their podcasts thinking they are so negative. Maybe not for me as you say and yes respect for them doing it as it can’t be easy giving up time etc. 

I was more meaning away games but never specified that

Edited by 1971fozzy

6 hours ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Question off the back of listening to SATF for your Q&A tomorrow: why on earth is Cammy Devlin so under appreciated by some Hearts fans? 

I assume whoever emailed in with their best Hearts XIs was trolling by picking Denholm over Devlin? Aidan is a decent enough player but come on now. 

3 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Question off the back of listening to SATF for your Q&A tomorrow: why on earth is Cammy Devlin so under appreciated by some Hearts fans? 

I assume whoever emailed in with their best Hearts XIs was trolling by picking Denholm over Devlin? Aidan is a decent enough player but come on now. 

He is almost criminally underrated imo . All about opinions and all that though I suppose . Some of his performances have been excellent these last two seasons , and do not remember him ever having a stinker . Against Celtic last season , Zurich and Rosenborg spring to mind 

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

He is almost criminally underrated imo . All about opinions and all that though I suppose . Some of his performances have been excellent these last two seasons , and do not remember him ever having a stinker . Against Celtic last season , Zurich and Rosenborg spring to mind 

He played out his skin in the games you mention. Regularly he’s the man for the big games: european nights, cup ties, derbies, ugly sisters. Maybe defence splitting passes are rarities but in genera his passing is far far better than he’s given credit for.

We often say about Shanks that if he had pace he’d be playing at a much much higher level. I think people expect so much from Cammy that if he were actually to play to these expectations he’d be out the door almost instantly. 

5 minutes ago, RDSK said:

He played out his skin in the games you mention. Regularly he’s the man for the big games: european nights, cup ties, derbies, ugly sisters. Maybe defence splitting passes are rarities but in genera his passing is far far better than he’s given credit for.

We often say about Shanks that if he had pace he’d be playing at a much much higher level. I think people expect so much from Cammy that if he were actually to play to these expectations he’d be out the door almost instantly. 

A good comparison 

I always thought Cam linked well with McKay and Beni and I would have liked to have seen the three of them playing together more regularly than we have . Throw Shanks in to that mix and you have a decent midfield and forward balance that can be enhanced with others in the squad 

This is My Story Podcast

We are doing a live, free for all podcast tonight for anyone interested in joining and having a chat and a laugh with fellow Hearts fans. 

https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_OTU3NGM3YTQtNzE1MS00NGNjLTllNjktODg3MGRkZDNiY2Q4%40thread.v2/0?context={"Tid"%3a"08e740a0-40f0-4bd9-9e69-7b12c255682a"%2c"Oid"%3a"302cf63a-960c-4e7c-9ca7-8035eca48c16"}

You don't need Teams - just click on "continue on this browser" and enter your name. You'll be put in the lobby until we start which will be around 9pm.

January is a tough enough month with the pressures of the festive period still kicking around, add in no Hearts and it’s a slog. 

No pressure to contribute if you do join. You can just sit and watch and have a laugh. 

♥️🇱🇻

Skippy Doodle
3 hours ago, RDSK said:

Maybe a bit of recency bias in that opinion

Cammy is still one of our better players

3 hours ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Agree that McCowan looks handy but maybe some confusion with Lyall Cameron over his age? He's the same age as Armstrong, came through at Ayr a few years ago when Shankland and Forrest were there. 

Skippy Doodle
9 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Agree that McCowan looks handy but maybe some confusion with Lyall Cameron over his age? He's the same age as Armstrong, came through at Ayr a few years ago when Shankland and Forrest were there. 

Spot on mate

Just now, karipidis said:

Thought the squad assessment was pretty harsh.

Just listened to it a second or two ago . All about individual opinions I suppose , and unlike a forum a podcast is limited in the number of opinions they can broadcast . The one that I disagreed with most was Barrie McKay , I totally understand and agree with @Skippy Doodle on the over reliance thing , but for me you fix that by signing another creative player to add to his influence , and you use the training park to iron out the problem of the other players only ever looking for him 

I also rate Natty a bit higher than most but that is not a particularly popular opinion on here :lol: 

This is My Story Podcast
4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Just listened to it a second or two ago . All about individual opinions I suppose , and unlike a forum a podcast is limited in the number of opinions they can broadcast . The one that I disagreed with most was Barrie McKay , I totally understand and agree with @Skippy Doodle on the over reliance thing , but for me you fix that by signing another creative player to add to his influence , and you use the training park to iron out the problem of the other players only ever looking for him 

I also rate Natty a bit higher than most but that is not a particularly popular opinion on here :lol: 

I rate Natty. I think as a right wing back he’s been superb. As a right back, not so much. 

We trialed a kinda big group podcast this week. We are thinking of running like a big community Hearts chat/pod once a month and give other fans the opportunity to voice their opinions on all things Hearts. Podcasts can become echo chambers, ours one of total nonsense. So it’s always good to hear different opinions and takes. We are calling it “Chewing the Hearts” 😂

Will post the link to join each month on here for folk interested. 

Hearts1975

Think the bit that interested me, more than anything else, on this week's satf podcast, was specifically when Scott was saying about development players, and players in that category, like Oda, possibly Vargas, may need more minutes on the park, than they will possibly get with us, and to get nearer to the game on game consistency, they will need, and to become starters 

We do change players week on week. Like SN said, some players will play in certain games and other players will play in other games. Almost a use the personnel depending on who we are playing against. Not saying it's wrong, but for some of the younger players, they could play really well one week, but because of a tactical decision, be out the team the next. That's the managers view, and you have to respect that but because of this, there may be some truth in what was getting said on the podcast around this. 

Definetely food for thought. 

Edited by Hearts1975

1 minute ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

I rate Natty. I think as a right wing back he’s been superb. As a right back, not so much. 

We trialed a kinda big group podcast this week. We are thinking of running like a big community Hearts chat/pod once a month and give other fans the opportunity to voice their opinions on all things Hearts. Podcasts can become echo chambers, ours one of total nonsense. So it’s always good to hear different opinions and takes. We are calling it “Chewing the Hearts” 😂

Will post the link to join each month on here for folk interested. 

:lol: 

Agree about the echo chamber thing . The same can be said of forums too obviously , but there are more contributors so you get a wider range . Best of luck with Chewing the Hearts 

Skippy Doodle
34 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Thought the squad assessment was pretty harsh.

Any ones in particular?

karipidis
2 hours ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Any ones in particular?

I think Oda and McKay were harsh (harsh may not be the correct word as you explained your decisions with reason), I would say I disagreed with more than I thought I would. I also think we need to give Neuwinhoff and Tagawa a bit more time, as due to the long contracts they are on it would be a bit careless to deem them surplus, but again I can see the argument for it as they have not performed. 

Enjoyable episode as always though. 

Skippy Doodle
19 hours ago, karipidis said:

I think Oda and McKay were harsh (harsh may not be the correct word as you explained your decisions with reason), I would say I disagreed with more than I thought I would. I also think we need to give Neuwinhoff and Tagawa a bit more time, as due to the long contracts they are on it would be a bit careless to deem them surplus, but again I can see the argument for it as they have not performed. 

Enjoyable episode as always though. 

Always good to hear feedback or differing opinions mate 👍

I completely understand any alternative observation to mine on recent signings as a general rule of thumb players should get time.

Skippy Doodle

Recording a new pod tonight which should be available tomorrow

going to cover SC and do a quiz

This is My Story Podcast

I was on the Open Goal fan forum show thing tonight. Was a good laugh. Derek Ferguson spoke very highly of Hearts and how much he loved his time with us. He even came to find me after and tell me his love for the club. Halliday spoke very well about Shankland and why Hearts won’t sell him and how much Shankland loves it at Hearts. 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, This is My Story Podcast said:

I was on the Open Goal fan forum show thing tonight. Was a good laugh. Derek Ferguson spoke very highly of Hearts and how much he loved his time with us. He even came to find me after and tell me his love for the club. Halliday spoke very well about Shankland and why Hearts won’t sell him and how much Shankland loves it at Hearts. 

Aye but Halliday talks about rangers mate. 

Put your tin hat on 

Gorgierools

Nice surprise to see a SATF podcast this morning. Well done guys. Top tune as well.

This is My Story Podcast

Am on from 48 minutes if anyone is interested. I give my opinion on our pal Derek Adams at the start as well. 

🇱🇻♥️

Ian Black 8

Alright lads where can a give this a listen? Sick of the radio during the day 😂👍

Des Lynam
On 22/01/2024 at 17:46, This is My Story Podcast said:

Am on from 48 minutes if anyone is interested. I give my opinion on our pal Derek Adams at the start as well. 

🇱🇻♥️

Enjoyed that mate. Bring his dad to work!  :lol:

Worthing Jambo
17 minutes ago, Ian Black 8 said:

Alright lads where can a give this a listen? Sick of the radio during the day 😂👍

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/scarves-around-the-funnel/id1437841760

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/hearts-standard/id1714644772

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/this-is-my-story-podcast/id1573150829

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/broken-hearts-podcast/id1520239636

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-perth-to-paisley-podcast/id1494799178

Gave up on the radio a while back and, as I spend a lot of time driving, these are a godsend.

Some could do with being a bit more regular tho🙄🤭

On 10/01/2024 at 22:52, Richardcobb said:

Probably be because a Podcast is out there for all to critique, especially afterwards. So if you're on there saying Hearts are going to win 5-0 and we lose you look like a dick and will probably end up on some sort of twitter short or meme or whatever.

This is My Story Podcast
3 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Enjoyed that mate. Bring his dad to work!  :lol:

Thanks bud. Was a good laugh and hopefully something I can attend again. 

jambo mark
5 hours ago, karipidis said:

Listening to latest SATF. Mark Donaldson sounds raging we won.

I really like Mark (cut me and I’ll bleed maroon) Donaldson, and love SATF podcast, but he’s becoming a bit of a Craig Gordon fan boy and can’t rationalise that Clark is doing exceptionally well and, for now, doesn’t deserve to be dropped. 

Craig is a legend and one of the best to pull on the shirt and gloves, and he’s probably better than Clark. BUT, as much as he will be desperate to play, but part of me is sure he knows if Clark continues to perform well he’s going to have to bide his time. As much as he wants to play for hearts, he wants hearts to succeed and win. 

If it wasn’t the fact the Euros are around the corner, and this is Craig’s last chance of appearing for Scotland, I don’t think there would be the same amount of clamour. 

Edited by jambo mark

karipidis
23 minutes ago, jambo mark said:

I really like Mark (cut me and I’ll bleed maroon) Donaldson, and love SATF podcast, but he’s becoming a bit of a Craig Gordon fan boy and can’t rationalise that Clark is doing exceptionally well and, for now, doesn’t deserve to be dropped. 

Craig is a legend and one of the best to pull on the shirt and gloves, and he’s probably better than Clark. BUT, as much as he will be desperate to play, but part of me is sure he knows if Clark continues to perform well he’s going to have to bide his time. As much as he wants to play for hearts, he wants hearts to succeed and win. 

If it wasn’t the fact the Euros are around the corner, and this is Craig’s last chance of appearing for Scotland, I don’t think there would be the same amount of clamour. 

I like Mark as well but it seems too personal, whereas Laurie and Scott were giving rational views on it (especially after Mark brought up Clark’s distribution). Kind of get the feeling he’s not a big fan of Naismith either.

jambo mark
20 minutes ago, Strattiesroll said:

Mark is a top broadcaster and it's obvious he cares about the club.

Undoubtedly!!

On 25/01/2024 at 15:06, Ian Black 8 said:

They should get you on one of the pods for an interview 

Pete Elliott

Anybody else having issues playing the latest episode of SATF? Won’t play on any of my Podcast apps

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, Pete Elliott said:

Anybody else having issues playing the latest episode of SATF? Won’t play on any of my Podcast apps

It's playing on Spotify for me.

copa-mundial
7 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Yeah was okay yesterday on Spotify. Another good episode. 

@Laurie and @Skippy Doodle

On the other positions and sports topic . I am almost positive that Henry Smith and Gavin Hastings both played at least one game for the Scottish Claymores . Unless the cheese has completely slipped off my cracker . I might have even been at the game that Henry came on in :lol: 

Pete Elliott

Thanks, managed to get it working on Spotify but it still isn’t working on other apps. Strange.